Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? 13:08 - Oct 1 with 9078 viewsKeithHaynes

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 13:53 - Oct 1 with 4313 viewsA_Fans_Dad

It needs a third option "not happy yet" or "currently undecided".
How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 14:32 - Oct 1 with 4277 viewsKeithHaynes

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 13:53 - Oct 1 by A_Fans_Dad

It needs a third option "not happy yet" or "currently undecided".

Straight forward question, based on now as opposed to giving people a get out.

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 14:39 - Oct 1 with 4264 viewsraynor94

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 14:32 - Oct 1 by KeithHaynes

Straight forward question, based on now as opposed to giving people a get out.

Exactly, don't give the "hope I'm wrong" brigade a get out of jail card

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 16:28 - Oct 1 with 4183 viewsChief

I'm slightly leaning towards red, but I can't say I think it's 'definitely' coming together. At times it certainly does look like it isn't working.

No middle ground option so I'll exercise my democratic right not to vote.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 16:47 - Oct 1 with 4167 viewsCatullus

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 14:39 - Oct 1 by raynor94

What about those of us who "hope we are right" but can see the concerns of the doubters?

So I'm with Chief, I can see progress but I can also see problems. Martin has things to prove still.

Abstain.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 18:01 - Oct 1 with 4076 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

That's a poorly worded question and equally poorly worded choices.

How can anybody be "very happy" that we're 19th in the league (20th if not for Derby's points deduction), created fewer chances than all but other 4 teams, conceded more chances than all but 3 other teams, and have shown very little progress in regards to adapting to the new style of play after 10 matches?

We looked as pathetic Wednesday evening as we did in the opening first 45 minutes against Blackburn, albeit we've given up trying to pass it out from our 6 yard box.

I am truly astonished that people can say they're "very happy". The majority of our supporters are deluded.

I sincerely hope we can turn it around and providing we put some distance between us and the bottom 3, I'm content with giving him a chance. But being "very happy" with what we've seen so far? Bizzare.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2021 18:01]

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 18:26 - Oct 1 with 4065 viewsItchySphincter

Sort the defence out and we should be comfortable in most games.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 18:29 - Oct 1 with 4061 viewsThornburyswan

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 16:28 - Oct 1 by Chief

I'm slightly leaning towards red, but I can't say I think it's 'definitely' coming together. At times it certainly does look like it isn't working.

No middle ground option so I'll exercise my democratic right not to vote.

Me too - it’s not that binary at this point - I like the concept of what he talks about & have liked some of what I’ve seen on the pitch, definitely a more enjoyable watch than last few years.

That said it’s still very much a work in progress & slightly concerned that RM is adopting a purist approach & it’s costing us points.. . . . . . . whereas a slightly more pragmatic one would still allow for transition, possibly at a slower pace, but not risk a full blown relegation battle.
Login to get fewer ads

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 19:31 - Oct 1 with 3969 viewsonehunglow

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 18:01 - Oct 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

That's a poorly worded question and equally poorly worded choices.

How can anybody be "very happy" that we're 19th in the league (20th if not for Derby's points deduction), created fewer chances than all but other 4 teams, conceded more chances than all but 3 other teams, and have shown very little progress in regards to adapting to the new style of play after 10 matches?

We looked as pathetic Wednesday evening as we did in the opening first 45 minutes against Blackburn, albeit we've given up trying to pass it out from our 6 yard box.

I am truly astonished that people can say they're "very happy". The majority of our supporters are deluded.

I sincerely hope we can turn it around and providing we put some distance between us and the bottom 3, I'm content with giving him a chance. But being "very happy" with what we've seen so far? Bizzare.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2021 18:01]

Nobody is very happy.Shirley.

It is all about having confidence in Martin to do well and by that it must mean challenging to get promotion.
Nobody can adduce any evidence that he ha the qualitie to justify that.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 19:41 - Oct 1 with 3991 viewsCatullus

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 18:29 - Oct 1 by Thornburyswan

Me too - it’s not that binary at this point - I like the concept of what he talks about & have liked some of what I’ve seen on the pitch, definitely a more enjoyable watch than last few years.

That said it’s still very much a work in progress & slightly concerned that RM is adopting a purist approach & it’s costing us points.. . . . . . . whereas a slightly more pragmatic one would still allow for transition, possibly at a slower pace, but not risk a full blown relegation battle.

Good post, this is why we needed better options. We are not all "happy clappers" but we are also not all doom and gloom.

The jury is still out for many of us though we are trying to support Martin in the hope he gets it right.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 19:46 - Oct 1 with 3956 viewsonehunglow

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 19:41 - Oct 1 by Catullus

Good post, this is why we needed better options. We are not all "happy clappers" but we are also not all doom and gloom.

The jury is still out for many of us though we are trying to support Martin in the hope he gets it right.

Let's cut to the chase.
Derby will fight like ferk and probably escape the drop.Others like Blackpool have improved and Posh dreew with Bournemouth.Now somebody tell me why we aren't relegation fodder.

We are where we are and are faced with mindless tactics and a mysterious plan that we HOPE will come true.

THAT is where we are

Gloom and Doom is a trite phrase used by those whose arguments are defeated and they know that.Hence they chuck insults at those seen as "negative" posters utterly ignoring reality.

Happy Clappers take BSyite. Doom mongers do not.

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 20:04 - Oct 1 with 3954 viewsFlashberryjack

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 18:26 - Oct 1 by ItchySphincter

This

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 20:09 - Oct 1 with 3956 viewsguthrieintherain

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 20:04 - Oct 1 by Flashberryjack

This

Should have kept Margetson on

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 20:23 - Oct 1 with 3891 viewsonehunglow

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 20:04 - Oct 1 by Flashberryjack

This

"should" is what is key.

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 01:00 - Oct 2 with 3771 viewsEvs

So far, cautiously optimistic.

I want to see swashbuckling, swagger, panache, flamboyancy.
I want to see goals - if we outscore them, then let us concede.
I want us to *****attack*****.
I want us to play with freedom and enjoy football.
I want us to play without fear.
I want to see the process bear fruit, and am patiently waiting.
I want to see Hamer/Benda up for corners - not in the box trying to head them in, but taking them. (This is a non-negotiable for me, Russell. Sort it out).

Obviously not quite there yet, but finger crossed, eh?
How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 01:21 - Oct 2 with 3741 viewsDr_Parnassus

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 18:26 - Oct 1 by ItchySphincter

We have scored 9 in 10 games. You do realise that don’t you?

In what world would we be comfortable?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 01:24 - Oct 2 with 3740 viewsDr_Parnassus

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 14:39 - Oct 1 by raynor94

A “get out” of what?

The question isn’t a prediction on the future. It’s based on the here and now.

We are 19th, scored 9 goals in 10 games. If you say you are happy with that I can only imagine you are lying or trying to be uber positive.

I’m the opposite of happy being 19th scoring 9 goals in 10 games. If we start winning, then I’ll be happy. No “get out” needed, my feelings are reflected by what happens on the pitch.

That needs to come first, then me feelings will change in accordance. So far though, it’s not good at all, is it?

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 06:56 - Oct 2 with 3720 viewsKeithHaynes

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 01:24 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

A “get out” of what?

The question isn’t a prediction on the future. It’s based on the here and now.

We are 19th, scored 9 goals in 10 games. If you say you are happy with that I can only imagine you are lying or trying to be uber positive.

I’m the opposite of happy being 19th scoring 9 goals in 10 games. If we start winning, then I’ll be happy. No “get out” needed, my feelings are reflected by what happens on the pitch.

That needs to come first, then me feelings will change in accordance. So far though, it’s not good at all, is it?

It’s the six goals in nine games that concerns me more.
But I’m remaining positive, even though the season has possibly already left us behind.

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 08:04 - Oct 2 with 3694 viewsmonmouth

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 06:56 - Oct 2 by KeithHaynes

But I’m remaining positive, even though the season has possibly already left us behind.

There needs to be a ‘curates egg’ option really. At least the games are worth watching for 90 minutes and the aspiration is spot on. Keep leaking stupid goals and missing open ones and it’s not going to end well. There’s no point in possession if as soon as the oppo get it you just wave them through to score and there’s no point in possession if it doesn’t end at some point with an attempt on the oppo’s net.

I’m still very hopeful. Anyone wanting him sacked this season is a right fruitcake, unless we get relegated, which I don’t believe will happen with this set of players. Cardiff Derby and Reading should be below us come what may, no matter where we finish, as will Posh and Dull. My feeling is a 4 4 2 would work better for us, but he seems stuck on his formation, so he needs to make it work.

Mid table is my bet and it coming together after Christmas, but I don’t have a crystal ball.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 08:10 - Oct 2 with 3670 viewsDr_Parnassus

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 06:56 - Oct 2 by KeithHaynes

Yes, it’s the complete lack of creation of chances. A lot of people seem to think we are more attacking, simply because we have more possession. Possession football isn’t necessarily attacking football.

Us only scoring 9 this season isn’t by luck or chance, it’s because we create so little and have so few attempts on goal.

I’ve put the stats out there many times but we are 26% down on goal attempts compared to last season despite having far more possession. We simply aren’t doing anything with the ball even when we absolutely dominate the opposition, that ball is largely in areas that aren’t dangerous.

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 10:26 - Oct 2 with 3573 viewsvetchonian

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 08:10 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Yes, it’s the complete lack of creation of chances. A lot of people seem to think we are more attacking, simply because we have more possession. Possession football isn’t necessarily attacking football.

Us only scoring 9 this season isn’t by luck or chance, it’s because we create so little and have so few attempts on goal.

I’ve put the stats out there many times but we are 26% down on goal attempts compared to last season despite having far more possession. We simply aren’t doing anything with the ball even when we absolutely dominate the opposition, that ball is largely in areas that aren’t dangerous.

Martin had similar stats too at MK Dons last season I think that tells it as it is .
My fear is we will be the same

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 10:51 - Oct 2 with 3537 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 08:10 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Genuine question as you are on top of the stats

Are the stats better for the last 5 games than the last 10?

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 10:53 - Oct 2 with 3533 viewsBillyChong

The Cardiff game will be the turning point either way
How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 12:12 - Oct 2 with 3460 viewsonehunglow

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 10:53 - Oct 2 by BillyChong

The Cardiff game will be the turning point either way

Good point.
Deploy Naughton as CB or anywhere really in defence and he will be scrambled.

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 12:50 - Oct 2 with 3448 viewsReslovenSwan1

I am pro Martin taking his assurances at face value. His MK Dons team last season had similar results to Swansea's up to mid December when results improved dramatically.

I would expect to see the same or at least convincing evidence of progress by then.

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024