Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? 13:08 - Oct 1 with 9119 viewsKeithHaynes

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 08:42 - Oct 3 with 1593 viewsPawelAbbott

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 08:25 - Oct 3 by OptimisticJack

From day one it was well known time was needed in order to restore our playing style.
Patience is needed and results will come.
The Championship table as in previous years is wide open.
A few wins on the bounce and we could fly up the table.

Yes it would take time, so improve the playing style in stages but keep results coming.
Martin has prioritised style over points but at the end of the season it is points that matter.
How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 11:02 - Oct 3 with 1515 viewsdobjack2

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 06:56 - Oct 2 by KeithHaynes

It’s the six goals in nine games that concerns me more.
But I’m remaining positive, even though the season has possibly already left us behind.

Indeed - who is going to score goals in this set up has been a big concern from the start.

The wing backs don't look like scoring and the two defensive midfielders won't score many. Add in 3 central defenders and a keeper and the pressure is heavily on Piroe, Pato and Ntcham.

I would prefer at least one of our wingbacks to be an attacker cum defender rather than a defender cum attacker as a start.
How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 11:20 - Oct 3 with 1510 viewsYrAlarch

I was under the impression that the last 'word' was not allowed on this site.
How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 11:29 - Oct 3 with 1476 viewsonehunglow

Piroe a goal scorer replaced by Cullen.
That says it all.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 13:43 - Oct 3 with 1448 viewsDewi1jack

I normally give a manager (yes, even a returning one) 10 games before I make a judgement.
Martin, I'm giving 15 games because he had no pre season due to the real Swansea way- disorganised shower of sh1te for an awful lot of our history.
Yes we 've had great times (Leeds in our opening game in the top division under Tosh?- Winning the League cup, beating Yernited at their place, numerous Euro away games in the Welsh cup/ League cup etc)

Brenda had a great success because the dreadful Sousa ball (very nearly gave up the ST after that season) had taught the team to defend.

Martin I do think has a better overall squad at his disposal than Cooper had, thanks in no small feat to the departing Ayew, but Hamer really worries me between the sticks.
Benda makes mistakes yes but Hamer looks like a rabbit in the headlights.
And a defence that has no confidence in a keeper is never going to be alright.
Martin does seem loathe to admit that he's wrong in his substitutions at times. Luton half time was truly inspired
Or playing Hamer as the starting keeper.
Why start Cabango at what appeared a full back position but Naughton in the centre?
Some very baffling decisions.
Why not give Whittaker a decent go in a game?
If fitness is an issue, then we need new fitness coaches as the ones we have are obviously not up to the job.

Sort the defences stupidity (team equal as a whole here) and we'll be safe
We are making the chances, just no-one near the crosses or fighting for the rebounds. Plus at times, just pure bad luck.
We do need to be far more clinical in front of goal

My worry.
We do look like we could lose to our Eastern cousins twice this season.
Then we'd hear all about their exploits in Anus's books for another 1000 years, much like their 1927 success (for anyone they've not told, they won the cup wouldn't you know!).
I can accept relegation- got used to that down the Vetch.
But losing to the inbreds twice???

Happy?
Sort of.
But hoping things turn around soon.
Boo the team or the manager?
Never.
Let's have a look Xmas/ New Year, before we rush into the "get rid of Martin" crap though

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 14:29 - Oct 3 with 1416 viewsgrabsplatter

Definitely need a third option in that pole, can't be really happy with the current run of results but l think he's getting there slowly.
A lack of pace in our squad has been an issue for years under successive managers.
Keeping Obafemi & Ntcham fit is going to be key, whether that's likely I have my doubts.
How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 16:42 - Oct 3 with 1366 viewsWalterBoyd

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 07:29 - Oct 3 by PawelAbbott

Ayew wouldn't even be in the team for having the audacity to look like scoring. Whittaker gets a hat-trick and is immediately dropped.
Instead we frequently get Cullen looking miles out of his depth.
Whittaker would have been fired up to score against his old club but gets 2 minutes. It's pretty much an insult to do that to him

I was surprised to see Cullen chosen before Whittaker.

If Cullen is our second best striker at the club, we need another striker.
How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 18:23 - Oct 3 with 1331 viewsBrynmill_Jack

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 16:42 - Oct 3 by WalterBoyd

I was surprised to see Cullen chosen before Whittaker.

If Cullen is our second best striker at the club, we need another striker.

I well he’s third behind Obafemi but way behind Whittaker. I wonder what Whittaker has done to merit such treatment?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 10:02 - Oct 4 with 1191 viewsonehunglow

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 18:23 - Oct 3 by Brynmill_Jack

I well he’s third behind Obafemi but way behind Whittaker. I wonder what Whittaker has done to merit such treatment?

Whittaker scored a hat trick proving Russ is not a very good judge.

Joseph also looked lighting quick in his cameo. So ,knobbed off .

Cullen will develop eventually but it won’t be as a professional footballer in Championship.

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 11:36 - Oct 4 with 1158 viewsDewi1jack

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 10:02 - Oct 4 by onehunglow

Whittaker scored a hat trick proving Russ is not a very good judge.

Joseph also looked lighting quick in his cameo. So ,knobbed off .

Cullen will develop eventually but it won’t be as a professional footballer in Championship.

Not sure about Cullen not making it in the Championship.
Think we need to loan him out in January and maybe next season to a L1 or 2 club so he gets a regular run of games

Seems Whittaker has upset Martin in someway though and IMHO, that is hurting us.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 12:31 - Oct 4 with 1133 viewsAustinIsOurHero

It's frustrating to dominate games and not win, but it's a long from where we were in terms of style of play form the last few years.
Results will come - but the worrying thing for me is the lack of pace throughout the team. W're so slow to build up through the phases, from the back out, we have to play 10-15extra passes every time as teams will just sit back deep against us.
I'd love to see us with more pace in MF & up front.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 14:37 - Oct 4 with 1079 viewsonehunglow

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 11:36 - Oct 4 by Dewi1jack

Not sure about Cullen not making it in the Championship.
Think we need to loan him out in January and maybe next season to a L1 or 2 club so he gets a regular run of games

Seems Whittaker has upset Martin in someway though and IMHO, that is hurting us.

It is. Whittaker has been far better on the pitch .it’s painfully obvious

Joseph was also rightly upset to be sent to boarding school in Cheltenham.

And we support the man who does this slagging off those who question it.

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 14:49 - Oct 4 with 1083 viewsnantywatcher

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 14:37 - Oct 4 by onehunglow

It is. Whittaker has been far better on the pitch .it’s painfully obvious

Joseph was also rightly upset to be sent to boarding school in Cheltenham.

And we support the man who does this slagging off those who question it.

You, and others, keep going on about his hat trick against Plymouth. He was truly awful that might and should have been subbed after an hour of doing nothing. Anothe one with an r attitude problem.
How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 15:08 - Oct 4 with 1073 viewsA_Fans_Dad

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 14:49 - Oct 4 by nantywatcher

You, and others, keep going on about his hat trick against Plymouth. He was truly awful that might and should have been subbed after an hour of doing nothing. Anothe one with an r attitude problem.

Who can score goals.
Many "strikers" do "nothing all night" and then score the vital goals.
How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 15:46 - Oct 4 with 1050 viewsonehunglow

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 14:49 - Oct 4 by nantywatcher

An hour of hard work is what Cullen does .

I omitted fact he scored against Man City,something young Cullen could only dream of

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 16:22 - Oct 4 with 1040 viewsunion_jack

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 18:23 - Oct 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Martin explains Whittaker situation as Swans get South Wales derby boost

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/russell-martin-explai

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 17:13 - Oct 4 with 998 viewsonehunglow

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 16:22 - Oct 4 by union_jack

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/russell-martin-explai

Does he explain how he favours Cullen and brings MW on for two mins play time

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 17:14 - Oct 4 with 1008 viewsReslovenSwan1

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 16:22 - Oct 4 by union_jack

No explantion at all in there. I expect its something to do with work rate high press tracking back etc.

""Morgan understands why he's not in the squad, and he accepts there are things he really needs to improve on"". Morgan understands but the rest of us do not.""

Morgan was let go by Derby. I hope he realises his career depends on the next year or two and he really needs to graft and deliver. If Martin is "focused on what he needs to work on" then sending out of site somewhere else does not make a lot of sense.

Consider Borja Baston a £15m investment. He bombed the moment he put in the white shirt. The club should have invested time and effort to get him acclimatised and happy but took the soft option and sent the homesick striker back to Spain. One to one sessions with Curtis Trundle were required,

Wise sage since Toshack era

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 17:15 - Oct 4 with 1006 viewsChief

Although nothing is actually explained!

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 17:17 - Oct 4 with 993 viewsonehunglow

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 17:14 - Oct 4 by ReslovenSwan1

No explantion at all in there. I expect its something to do with work rate high press tracking back etc.

""Morgan understands why he's not in the squad, and he accepts there are things he really needs to improve on"". Morgan understands but the rest of us do not.""

Morgan was let go by Derby. I hope he realises his career depends on the next year or two and he really needs to graft and deliver. If Martin is "focused on what he needs to work on" then sending out of site somewhere else does not make a lot of sense.

Consider Borja Baston a £15m investment. He bombed the moment he put in the white shirt. The club should have invested time and effort to get him acclimatised and happy but took the soft option and sent the homesick striker back to Spain. One to one sessions with Curtis Trundle were required,

Excellent post.
We have history of misusing players . I remember Borja scoring at Arse

Whittaker is being further insulted by this deeply devious chap .

All back for Cardiff then,so Mike and JP up front with Monsieur playing behind them. That would do me alright

We will see.

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 17:54 - Oct 4 with 988 viewsunion_jack

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 17:15 - Oct 4 by Chief

Although nothing is actually explained!

Absolutely! I think you have to read into it that there are issues and Whittaker knows what he has to do to sort them.

Sounds like an attitude problem but who knows?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 18:09 - Oct 4 with 983 viewsReslovenSwan1

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 17:54 - Oct 4 by union_jack

Absolutely! I think you have to read into it that there are issues and Whittaker knows what he has to do to sort them.

Sounds like an attitude problem but who knows?

Martin alluded to lifestyle issues in one of his press conferences. Potter s discussed McBurnie's lack of sleep and a non professional approach to the game he needed to work on a few years back. Was the mention of all nigh gaming sessions or something similar?.

McBurnie does to seem to have heeded the warnings and his career trajectory has stalled. Hopefully Whittaker will knuckled down.

Wise sage since Toshack era

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 19:59 - Oct 4 with 938 viewsChief

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 18:09 - Oct 4 by ReslovenSwan1

Martin alluded to lifestyle issues in one of his press conferences. Potter s discussed McBurnie's lack of sleep and a non professional approach to the game he needed to work on a few years back. Was the mention of all nigh gaming sessions or something similar?.

McBurnie does to seem to have heeded the warnings and his career trajectory has stalled. Hopefully Whittaker will knuckled down.

Martin does state his attitude is good though. Which suggests it's more to do with his playing style then anything else to me.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 20:32 - Oct 4 with 916 viewsonehunglow

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 19:59 - Oct 4 by Chief

Martin does state his attitude is good though. Which suggests it's more to do with his playing style then anything else to me.

And what is Cullens style,pray tell me somebody .

There is no other explanation . Russell is simply lying here .

He is not being selected for football reasons and Martin should be honest and feed us more garbage .

Whits style is scoring goals and not running around like a headless chicken ,which is what Cullen does

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 20:40 - Oct 4 with 918 viewsvetchonian

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ? on 22:47 - Oct 2 by WalterBoyd

Cooper had Ayew, an 80k a week player.

Martin doesn't have a player that good at his disposal.

If Ayew was in Martin's team I am very confident we would have scored more and won more this season.

It has nothing to do with the manager.

What has got alot to do with the manager is the style of football and entertainment being provided and this year is far more enjoyable to last year and I can just see it getting better, once a few more tweaks are made ( the attacking third) and some injured players return.

Here we go the old 80k Ayew comments
Why is it he was paid that because that marvellous man HJ set that contract up to bring him back from West Ham. Funny no one else fancied paying that so let’s stop making out he was sone sort of Ronaldo yes he did great for us over the last 2 seasons but he was valued at 80k a week only because HJ set that up no other club was prepared to pay that which he a why he is in Qatar not plying his trade in the PL or a high spending Championship club

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024