Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mackie 09:39 - Dec 18 with 5525 viewsTheBlob

Your views on this please......

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-set-to-make-surprise

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Mackie on 11:07 - Dec 19 with 840 viewsTW_R

Mackie on 21:09 - Dec 18 by Clive_Anderson

Amazes me when strikers at full stretch just get a toe to a ball that's moving away from them and manage to dink it over the keeper. You don't often see British players doing it whereas the South Americans, Italians and Spanish make it look so easy.

What - about like the finish for this goal at about 50 seconds in?

Mackie on 11:27 - Dec 19 with 815 viewsPommyhoop

Mackie on 11:07 - Dec 19 by TW_R

NICE !

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Mackie on 11:33 - Dec 19 with 807 viewsTacticalR

Seeing that Manchester City team of 2004-05, there's a lost legion of footballers in there...SWP, Barton, Stephen Ireland. God knows what happened there.

It's often felt like we have been picking up Manchester City footballers who were good 5 years ago, but in this case it looks like we have picked up Manchester City footballers who were good 8 years ago.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Air hostess clique

Mackie on 12:56 - Dec 19 with 775 viewsTW_R

Mackie on 11:33 - Dec 19 by TacticalR

Seeing that Manchester City team of 2004-05, there's a lost legion of footballers in there...SWP, Barton, Stephen Ireland. God knows what happened there.

It's often felt like we have been picking up Manchester City footballers who were good 5 years ago, but in this case it looks like we have picked up Manchester City footballers who were good 8 years ago.

Yeah. Actually watching through all of that it's quite depressing to see SWP looking like a decent footballer.
Mackie on 12:57 - Dec 19 with 773 viewsPommyhoop

Mackie on 12:56 - Dec 19 by TW_R

Yeah. Actually watching through all of that it's quite depressing to see SWP looking like a decent footballer.

SSShhhh.Dont let KLR see you saying that!!

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Mackie on 13:08 - Dec 19 with 762 viewsklr

Shaun Wright-Phillips is a f*cking terrible football player, you wont see me warming to him i'll tell you that for free.
Mackie on 13:11 - Dec 19 with 756 viewssimmo

Mackie on 13:08 - Dec 19 by klr

Shaun Wright-Phillips is a f*cking terrible football player, you wont see me warming to him i'll tell you that for free.

Put your money away!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Mackie on 13:19 - Dec 19 with 743 viewswestolian

I love Jamie Mackie and everything he stands for and I disagree with Mel, he should be in the starting 11 with the players we have in the squad. I assume people would rather Hoillet given a longer run which, is a fair call.

He is all heart but technically very poor.

The article seemed to suggest he WAS worth £3m a while ago and we would sell if Harry got in a better (presumably) player in January.

So, if we can get £3m-£5m for him and replace him with a better quality striker (assuming thats how he's being judged) i'd drive him to Fulham myself.

SWP is and always will be a poor technical footballer. He isn't a mercenary, its not his fault he isn't any good, people pay him lots of money and he tries his hardest.

There's a few more we need to off load before Jamie Mackie !

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Login to get fewer ads

Mackie on 13:53 - Dec 19 with 720 viewsClive_Anderson

Nah. Good finish as it was, that was a side foot chip when the ball was under his control. I'm talking about when the strikers just manage to get a foot to the ball with their toe and it magically lifts up the exact right amount.
Mackie on 13:56 - Dec 19 with 718 viewsHanwellHoop

Some people have very short memories

Jamie is vital to us - to sell him would be crazy.

I accept he's not the most skilfull player in the world but we've already got Taarabt.

If he goes anywhere I'd be gutted and yes he should be starting every game. He's better than all our other strikers put together at the mo.
Mackie on 14:24 - Dec 19 with 708 viewsW7Ranger

Mackie on 18:00 - Dec 18 by Nov77

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/3389/Stages/6531/Play

This site has Mackie as 248th most effective offensive player in the premiership (out of 255), behind all of our other players, including Swp.

This is his profile:
http://www.whoscored.com/Players/9500

cat...........amongst..........pigeons.................

Mackie on 15:37 - Dec 19 with 692 viewstoboboly

The same website that rates Bosingwa higher?

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/10685/Show/Jos-Bosingwa

Thats just random numbers put together. It says Balotelli is worse than almost everyone in the Premier League too.

It also says that Carroll is better than Tevez.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Mackie on 15:54 - Dec 19 with 679 viewsW7Ranger

Mackie on 15:37 - Dec 19 by toboboly

The same website that rates Bosingwa higher?

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/10685/Show/Jos-Bosingwa

Thats just random numbers put together. It says Balotelli is worse than almost everyone in the Premier League too.

It also says that Carroll is better than Tevez.

On that website... http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/3389/Stages/6531/Play

It also shows that our Top 5 most "offensive" players are as follows...

Adel Taarabt
Ryan Nelson
Grenaro
Clint Hill

Followed by.......

Julio Cesar!!!

Even by your standards, using this "Statistical" website to try and belittle Mackie's value to QPR, this has got to be your worst effort yet Nov77!!

Mackie on 15:58 - Dec 19 with 672 viewstoboboly

Im worried that Nelsen is ahead of Yaya Toure. That website is just plain madness.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Mackie on 16:00 - Dec 19 with 671 viewsJonDoeman

Looking at that, he has to score for us sometime surely.
Saturday would be a good time to start. Little FcKer .

It Is What It Is !!

Mackie on 16:07 - Dec 19 with 658 viewsW7Ranger

Mackie on 16:00 - Dec 19 by JonDoeman

Looking at that, he has to score for us sometime surely.
Saturday would be a good time to start. Little FcKer .

Love it if he did. He's starting to find a little bit of form and confidence. Just imagine what a goal would do for him, and us!!

Looks like Harry has managed to find a way to get the best out of SWP. He looks like he's getting better with each game, and the fans are responding to that!

Mackie on 16:25 - Dec 19 with 641 viewsW7Ranger

Mackie on 17:53 - Dec 18 by SonofNorfolt

Most games, when he starts he's poor, as an half an hour pest he can be very effective.
This is how I see it, as do most of the season ticket holders who sit in the same area. Must just be the view.

If you're picking your starting 11 and you've got one position to fill on the right side of attack, who would you pick out of SWP and Mackie? And why?

Same question to you too Nov77 and any other Mackie doubters.

Mackie on 16:31 - Dec 19 with 635 viewsloftboy

Every side outside of the big 4 need a mackie type player, his effort and willingness to keep improving his game should be a lesson to any kid starting out. I personally would be gutted if he was sold.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Mackie on 18:12 - Dec 19 with 605 viewsklr

Mackie on 16:07 - Dec 19 by W7Ranger

Love it if he did. He's starting to find a little bit of form and confidence. Just imagine what a goal would do for him, and us!!

Looks like Harry has managed to find a way to get the best out of SWP. He looks like he's getting better with each game, and the fans are responding to that!

Count me out of that particular Love in, he's sh!t, f*cking terrible.

goal against Walsall in the league cup & a corner on to Danny Gabbidon's head against MK Dons in an FA Cup replay & it only cost us a few million quid, unbelievable value, deal of the century.
Mackie on 01:50 - Dec 20 with 557 viewsGetMeRangers

Jamie may not be the most skillful in the team, but he is a right pain in the arse for the oppo. he reminds me in many ways of Gary Waddock, but perhaps not his par. Running around and harrying defenses uneases them and makes space for others. Until we can afford the likes that make up teams at the top of the prem, then you need to have Jamie there every game... Added to that, he will lay down his life for the club (or so it appears) and that is as important in a side as those with more skill who choose to stand around with their hands on their hips or picking their nose.

I used to complain about him as he was so lacking in the skill required at this level (having loved him when in the flight below). However, when the chips have been down this season, I have come to the firm conclusion that he is vital
Mackie on 09:56 - Dec 20 with 523 viewsCiderwithRsie

Mackie on 14:14 - Dec 18 by Northernr

I won't even give it a month after his departure before one of his critics is forced to admit we miss him. As Ian Holloway once said, you need somebody to carry the piano onto the stage before the pianist can play. Every team needs a couple of Jamie Mackies. No coincidence that it's him linked with Everton, then Blackburn and now Fulham and none of the others. Speaking to Villa fans on Twitter last week after writing the match preview and they were all saying they thought Mackie was our best player. The other clubs can see it, but we take him for granted.

Any player of ours that David Moyes wants is one we'd bloody well better keep.

Do we really take him for granted? My impression is he'd be a strong candidate for POTY if this board were voting now
Mackie on 10:39 - Dec 20 with 514 viewsTW_R

Mackie on 13:53 - Dec 19 by Clive_Anderson

Nah. Good finish as it was, that was a side foot chip when the ball was under his control. I'm talking about when the strikers just manage to get a foot to the ball with their toe and it magically lifts up the exact right amount.

What about something like this?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/video/2012/dec/19/falcao-backheel-free-kick-vide
Mackie on 11:06 - Dec 20 with 507 viewsWallyRanger

Last season I thought the same as many others that he was the perfect super sub, Liverpool at home being an example, but he's clearly improved to become far more important to the team as a starter, as most are essentially saying, we're effectively the losers should we sell Jamie.
Mackie on 14:08 - Dec 20 with 486 viewsfakekerby

Mackie on 16:31 - Dec 19 by loftboy

Every side outside of the big 4 need a mackie type player, his effort and willingness to keep improving his game should be a lesson to any kid starting out. I personally would be gutted if he was sold.

Agreed.

Even within the top four these types of players exist and feature regularly - Milner at Man City, Park did the job for Man Utd for years, etc.

Mackie does frustrate at times but his commitment and work rate right now is vital.

He spurs on the crowd and the rest of the team are starting to follow in his footsteps.
Mackie on 14:20 - Dec 20 with 475 viewsmacro

Mackie on 14:08 - Dec 20 by fakekerby

Agreed.

Even within the top four these types of players exist and feature regularly - Milner at Man City, Park did the job for Man Utd for years, etc.

Mackie does frustrate at times but his commitment and work rate right now is vital.

He spurs on the crowd and the rest of the team are starting to follow in his footsteps.

Non-flair but does the job when required
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024