Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mackie 09:39 - Dec 18 with 5524 viewsTheBlob

Your views on this please......

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-set-to-make-surprise

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Mackie on 14:20 - Dec 18 with 795 viewsrobith

No way on earth we should sell him.

I find it a bit puzzling when our fans don't rate him.

I watched the last game of the season with my mate who's a fan of non leagure Gresley, who'd not seen any of our games in the Prem. Spent the first 20 minutes saying "Mate, how do you watch this guff every week". By the time Mackie scored he was completely besotted with him and as I leapt up to celebrate, was grabbed by him, as he screamed, almost in tears "JAMIE F*****G MACKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

Now every week he asks me "How's Jamie getting on?" "I saw Jamie scored this week". And that's from a man who watched him for 90 minutes. Yet people who support the team he loves playing for and runs through walls for, ignore his actual quite skillful play and write him off at every opportunity.

Baffling.

Mackie, Adel and Hill kept us up last year. We're in trouble again and lo and behold look who we turn to in order to try it again. We should be fighting tooth and nail to keep players like that.
Mackie on 14:29 - Dec 18 with 782 viewstoboboly

Mackie on 14:20 - Dec 18 by robith

No way on earth we should sell him.

I find it a bit puzzling when our fans don't rate him.

I watched the last game of the season with my mate who's a fan of non leagure Gresley, who'd not seen any of our games in the Prem. Spent the first 20 minutes saying "Mate, how do you watch this guff every week". By the time Mackie scored he was completely besotted with him and as I leapt up to celebrate, was grabbed by him, as he screamed, almost in tears "JAMIE F*****G MACKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

Now every week he asks me "How's Jamie getting on?" "I saw Jamie scored this week". And that's from a man who watched him for 90 minutes. Yet people who support the team he loves playing for and runs through walls for, ignore his actual quite skillful play and write him off at every opportunity.

Baffling.

Mackie, Adel and Hill kept us up last year. We're in trouble again and lo and behold look who we turn to in order to try it again. We should be fighting tooth and nail to keep players like that.

You should rein in that sort of thing, it's not fair to players like SWP, why should Mackie get all the praise...?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Mackie on 14:49 - Dec 18 with 762 viewsTacticalR

Since we're on the subject...

When he missed that chance near the beginning, I really noticed how very right-footed he is (I don't think Mackie did a whole lot wrong for the miss btw).

I think that also explains why some of his runs can be a bit meandering, because he does everything with his right foot.

Air hostess clique

Mackie on 15:52 - Dec 18 with 731 viewsTheBlob

F*ck me I've seen Bent and other high priced strikers miss easier chances than Jamie's.He's better with his head anyway.But then we come back down to the supply issue.Innit.

Mackie on 15:56 - Dec 18 with 721 viewsSonofNorfolt

OK then, Mackie or Routledge?
Mackie on 16:02 - Dec 18 with 713 viewsNov77

Mackie on 15:56 - Dec 18 by SonofNorfolt

"I don't think Mackie did a whole lot wrong for the miss btw"

he did everything wrong, it was a shit attempt, anyone think SWP would have had his name sung straight after missing a chance like that? I can't beleive how Teflon Mackie escapes criticism week after week, that was his fourth one on one miss of the season.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Mackie on 16:03 - Dec 18 with 713 viewsClive_Anderson

Rooney missed two or three absolute sitters at the weekend, but as he plays for Man Utd he gets numerous chances and/or penalties to make up for it each game so they all get forgotten.

No one else would have got on the end of the Mackie chance in the first place as it was purely down to his constant chasing.
Mackie on 16:04 - Dec 18 with 710 viewsNorthernr

Mackie on 16:02 - Dec 18 by Nov77

he did everything wrong, it was a shit attempt, anyone think SWP would have had his name sung straight after missing a chance like that? I can't beleive how Teflon Mackie escapes criticism week after week, that was his fourth one on one miss of the season.

Like I say, I give it about four weeks after his departure (whenever that is) before you're talking about how much we miss 'Teflon Mackie'.
Login to get fewer ads

Mackie on 16:05 - Dec 18 with 706 viewsJuzzie

Probably because Mackie has earned the right, as it were. Whereas SWP hasn't.

It was still a bad miss though. Mackie anticipated a back pass so was already alert to the fact and could easily have rolled it over to his left foot and slotted it in. Though I'm not sure how confident he is with his left.
Mackie on 16:08 - Dec 18 with 696 viewsNov77

Mackie on 16:04 - Dec 18 by Northernr

Like I say, I give it about four weeks after his departure (whenever that is) before you're talking about how much we miss 'Teflon Mackie'.

are you saying the miss should be judged on 'who' missed it rather than how bad a miss it was? it seems the excuses are always at the ready for Mackie, whereas the venom is reserved for others.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Mackie on 16:12 - Dec 18 with 688 viewsTHEBUSH

WUM
Mackie on 16:14 - Dec 18 with 686 viewsClubber

Mackie on 13:02 - Dec 18 by SonofNorfolt

Pity then that has gun always has the safety catch on!

I sometimes wonder if you actually watch the games or the rucksack is obscuring your veiw !

"My prediction?. . . . . . . . . pain"

Mackie on 16:14 - Dec 18 with 686 viewshoof_hearted

I think there must be a very loud idiot in F block who doesn't like Mackie because every fan I know loves him. The only bad thing people say (and they have a good point) is that his crossing isn't as good as we would like. In gobshite football fan speak that translates as "Ferkin idiot can't cross the effing ball, get him off".

I am sipping my tea from my "Walking in a Mackie Wonderland" mug and I will not even contemplate him ever leaving. Ever. Do you hear that Jamie? EVER.

ATAF.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Mackie on 16:17 - Dec 18 with 681 viewsNorthernr

Mackie on 16:08 - Dec 18 by Nov77

are you saying the miss should be judged on 'who' missed it rather than how bad a miss it was? it seems the excuses are always at the ready for Mackie, whereas the venom is reserved for others.

No it was a dreadful miss. I just don't understand the real dislike some people seem to have for a player who is really important to the team.
Mackie on 16:22 - Dec 18 with 669 viewsTacticalR

OK, a little bit of context...

1) Mackie created the opportunity
2) Ideally he should have hit it early with his left foot, but it looks like he doesn't have a left foot
3) He moved around the ball to get a shot away with his right foot, and did indeed manage to get his shot away to the right of the keeper

So *given those circumstances* "I don't think Mackie did a whole lot wrong for the miss". I think he tried to make an intelligent choice.

*All* SWP does when he gets anywhere near the goal is blast the ball at the goal. It's just brainless.

Air hostess clique

Mackie on 16:28 - Dec 18 with 647 viewsNov77

Mackie on 16:17 - Dec 18 by Northernr

No it was a dreadful miss. I just don't understand the real dislike some people seem to have for a player who is really important to the team.

I didn't express dislike, I was responding to an absurd statement saying 'he didn't do much wrong with the miss'.
the miss should be viewed for what it was rather than who missed it, if it had been SWP you know as well as I he would have been totally slaughtered for it.

Mackie on 16:33 - Dec 18 with 637 viewsSonofNorfolt

I don't dislike him at all, just don't think he should make the starting XI.
Mackie on 16:34 - Dec 18 with 631 viewsTheBlob

Mackie on 16:28 - Dec 18 by Nov77

I didn't express dislike, I was responding to an absurd statement saying 'he didn't do much wrong with the miss'.
the miss should be viewed for what it was rather than who missed it, if it had been SWP you know as well as I he would have been totally slaughtered for it.

So we're not judging the miss because it was Mackie then?

Mackie on 17:18 - Dec 18 with 601 viewsTW_R

Mackie on 16:22 - Dec 18 by TacticalR

OK, a little bit of context...

1) Mackie created the opportunity
2) Ideally he should have hit it early with his left foot, but it looks like he doesn't have a left foot
3) He moved around the ball to get a shot away with his right foot, and did indeed manage to get his shot away to the right of the keeper

So *given those circumstances* "I don't think Mackie did a whole lot wrong for the miss". I think he tried to make an intelligent choice.

*All* SWP does when he gets anywhere near the goal is blast the ball at the goal. It's just brainless.

"1) Mackie created the opportunity"

No he didn't - Riise did by playing a blind, suicidal back-pass which was also underhit.

"2) Ideally he should have hit it early with his left foot, but it looks like he doesn't have a left foot"

And that's an excuse because.....?

"3) He moved around the ball to get a shot away with his right foot, and did indeed manage to get his shot away to the right of the keeper"

And missed the target or force the keeper into a save from 8 yards out.

*All* SWP does when he gets anywhere near the goal is blast the ball at the goal. It's just brainless."

And there it is again. SWP hit the post and made the keeper make a save in a similar situation the previous home game against Villa, but that's just brainless.

Hitting it wide from 8 yards out is the skill of a genius.
Mackie on 17:27 - Dec 18 with 593 viewsClive_Anderson

"And there it is again. SWP hit the post and made the keeper make a save in a similar situation the previous home game against Villa, but that's just brainless.

Hitting it wide from 8 yards out is the skill of a genius. "

No one is saying that Mackie's miss wasn't a bad one. Also no one is saying that SWP's shot wasn't pretty good against Villa.

We're saying that overall Mackie's contribution has been far greater than SWPs over their QPR careers, hence when he does make a mistake he gets less stick for it.

Picking out one good thing SWP has done and comparing that to one bad Mackie has done and ignoring everything else is completely brainless. If you're happy to go back to that Villa game then you'd probably like to also consider Mackie's brilliant goal and all round MoM performance.
Mackie on 17:36 - Dec 18 with 581 viewsClubber

Mackie on 16:33 - Dec 18 by SonofNorfolt

I don't dislike him at all, just don't think he should make the starting XI.

What is your criteria for starting eleven then big boy ? His pro's totally outway his con's

"My prediction?. . . . . . . . . pain"

Mackie on 17:38 - Dec 18 with 575 viewsbosh67

He's not going anywhere, relax!

Obviously if we go down that's another story but I reckon he would stay anyway.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Mackie on 17:40 - Dec 18 with 571 viewssimmo

Mackie on 15:56 - Dec 18 by SonofNorfolt

I seem to remember Routledge forging a bit of a reputation for missing one on ones himself in his time with us... For every Reading one he finished you have a Mackie at Liverpool.

Does anybody disagree with the statement from Redknapp that if we had 11 Jamie Mackies we wouldnt be in this situation? Because in a team with 1 win due to a lot of players with more quality and less application putting us in 19th, someone like Jamie should be appreciated for what he does.

Name one time where Mackies introduction back into the team has not led to an upturn in our results or form? No matter who has come along, every manager we have has ended up going back to Jamie and its worked.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Mackie on 17:42 - Dec 18 with 561 viewsWestbourneR

Mackie on 16:04 - Dec 18 by Northernr

I have been one of Mackie's harshest critics in the past - even a bit of a hater.

But even I have seen the light.

How ANYONE can question him or the qualities he brings to the team after we've spent half a season watching a bunch of disinterested wnkrs play for us is beyond me.

And Nov is tearing strip of him for missing is just beyond belief. Nov I'm sorry but in my eyes you're clueless and bit of disgrace. Jamie Mackie has sweated blood for the shirt - he deserves better than your kind of 'support'.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Mackie on 17:42 - Dec 18 with 560 viewsNov77

Mackie on 17:40 - Dec 18 by simmo

I seem to remember Routledge forging a bit of a reputation for missing one on ones himself in his time with us... For every Reading one he finished you have a Mackie at Liverpool.

Does anybody disagree with the statement from Redknapp that if we had 11 Jamie Mackies we wouldnt be in this situation? Because in a team with 1 win due to a lot of players with more quality and less application putting us in 19th, someone like Jamie should be appreciated for what he does.

Name one time where Mackies introduction back into the team has not led to an upturn in our results or form? No matter who has come along, every manager we have has ended up going back to Jamie and its worked.

Was that his first game this season then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024