Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mackie 09:39 - Dec 18 with 5526 viewsTheBlob

Your views on this please......

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-set-to-make-surprise

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Mackie on 17:42 - Dec 18 with 712 viewsTW_R

Mackie on 17:27 - Dec 18 by Clive_Anderson

"And there it is again. SWP hit the post and made the keeper make a save in a similar situation the previous home game against Villa, but that's just brainless.

Hitting it wide from 8 yards out is the skill of a genius. "

No one is saying that Mackie's miss wasn't a bad one. Also no one is saying that SWP's shot wasn't pretty good against Villa.

We're saying that overall Mackie's contribution has been far greater than SWPs over their QPR careers, hence when he does make a mistake he gets less stick for it.

Picking out one good thing SWP has done and comparing that to one bad Mackie has done and ignoring everything else is completely brainless. If you're happy to go back to that Villa game then you'd probably like to also consider Mackie's brilliant goal and all round MoM performance.

"No one is saying that Mackie's miss wasn't a bad one. Also no one is saying that SWP's shot wasn't pretty good against Villa. "

Eh? TacticalR is saying precisely that, no? He said:-

"I don't think Mackie did a whole lot wrong for the miss"

"*All* SWP does when he gets anywhere near the goal is blast the ball at the goal. It's just brainless. "

I don't disagree with you Clive and if you look back at the Mackie thread after the Villa game I went on there and said he was my MOM. And nowhere have I ever said SWP is a better player than Mackie. In fact I think they are both very limited in their current positions, neither creates an awful lot and neither can beat a man and cross the bloody ball into the box.

Mackie is a limited footballer at this level and a lot of fans like him because he puts in the effort and that's fine. If that's what you want out of a player that predominantly plays on the right wing fair enough, but I would prefer to see someone who can either beat a man and cross the ball, or look up and pass it to a team mate in a dangerous position. I don't think we get that from anyone currently.
Mackie on 17:43 - Dec 18 with 709 viewsklr

Proven Premiership goalscorers tend to be a useful commodity when involved in a relegation battle.

Another one for me; QPR fans criticising Jamie Mackie WTF ?!
Mackie on 17:44 - Dec 18 with 705 viewsWestbourneR

Mackie on 17:18 - Dec 18 by TW_R

"1) Mackie created the opportunity"

No he didn't - Riise did by playing a blind, suicidal back-pass which was also underhit.

"2) Ideally he should have hit it early with his left foot, but it looks like he doesn't have a left foot"

And that's an excuse because.....?

"3) He moved around the ball to get a shot away with his right foot, and did indeed manage to get his shot away to the right of the keeper"

And missed the target or force the keeper into a save from 8 yards out.

*All* SWP does when he gets anywhere near the goal is blast the ball at the goal. It's just brainless."

And there it is again. SWP hit the post and made the keeper make a save in a similar situation the previous home game against Villa, but that's just brainless.

Hitting it wide from 8 yards out is the skill of a genius.

TW_R my fave. Still don't rate Redknapp either I take it? Miserable git.

The point you're totally missing is - if Mackie hadn't gambled and chased the ball (almost no other Prem player would have bothered) then he'd never have got the opportunity.

So he did make it for himself.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Mackie on 17:44 - Dec 18 with 705 viewsWestbourneR

No he didn't - Riise did by playing a blind, suicidal back-pass which was also underhit.

"2) Ideally he should have hit it early with his left foot, but it looks like he doesn't have a left foot"

"3) He moved around the ball to get a shot away with his right foot, and did indeed manage to get his shot away to the right of the keeper"

*All* SWP does when he gets anywhere near the goal is blast the ball at the goal. It's just brainless."

And there it is again. SWP hit the post and made the keeper make a save in a similar situation the previous home game against Villa, but that's just brainless.

The point you're totally missing is - if Mackie hadn't gambled and chased the ball (almost no other Prem player would have bothered) then he'd never have got the opportunity.

Mackie on 17:47 - Dec 18 with 695 viewsTW_R

Mackie on 17:44 - Dec 18 by WestbourneR

"Still don't rate Redknapp either I take it? Miserable git. "

Eh? WTF? At what point have I ever said I don't rate Redknapp. You seem to live in some weird parallel universe where you just make shit up!!
Mackie on 17:47 - Dec 18 with 695 viewsTacticalR

On Point 3, all I was trying to say was that I thought Mackie made the right choice and used a bit of finesse instead of just hammering it, but it just didn't work.

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that all remarks about Mackie are motivated by bias and special pleading.

But as was mentioned in the commentary in the Fulham match, this since this is SWP's 50th Premiership match without scoring, surely it is reasonable to ask why that might be?

Air hostess clique

Mackie on 17:49 - Dec 18 with 687 viewsClive_Anderson

Mackie on 17:42 - Dec 18 by TW_R

"No one is saying that Mackie's miss wasn't a bad one. Also no one is saying that SWP's shot wasn't pretty good against Villa. "

Eh? TacticalR is saying precisely that, no? He said:-

"I don't think Mackie did a whole lot wrong for the miss"

"*All* SWP does when he gets anywhere near the goal is blast the ball at the goal. It's just brainless. "

I don't disagree with you Clive and if you look back at the Mackie thread after the Villa game I went on there and said he was my MOM. And nowhere have I ever said SWP is a better player than Mackie. In fact I think they are both very limited in their current positions, neither creates an awful lot and neither can beat a man and cross the bloody ball into the box.

Mackie is a limited footballer at this level and a lot of fans like him because he puts in the effort and that's fine. If that's what you want out of a player that predominantly plays on the right wing fair enough, but I would prefer to see someone who can either beat a man and cross the ball, or look up and pass it to a team mate in a dangerous position. I don't think we get that from anyone currently.

Ah fair enough.

I do think Mackie has more quality than people give him credit for. Occasionally his touch lets him down, but more often than not it's pretty good. He holds up play, can dribble, can head, is strong, scores goals and beats players.

I think because he runs around when he doesn't have the ball it makes people think that he's a bit aimless. But it's really another of his qualities.
Mackie on 17:53 - Dec 18 with 682 viewsSonofNorfolt

Most games, when he starts he's poor, as an half an hour pest he can be very effective.
This is how I see it, as do most of the season ticket holders who sit in the same area. Must just be the view.
Login to get fewer ads

Mackie on 17:56 - Dec 18 with 676 viewssimmo

Mackie on 17:42 - Dec 18 by Nov77

Was that his first game this season then?

No it wasn't, but I seem to recall after the first few games he was then dropped to the bench for the 'bigger names' to come in. He was reinstated as a first team regular from about the Man U game I believe where we played a lot better and although we lost, the difference between that and the performance against Saints (which he was on the bench for) was huge. Since then he has started every game and we have not lost.

He is constantly seen as not 'cosmopolitan' enough or lacking premiership quality and he is constantly proving people wrong. He did it last season too and if you still doubt his importance amongst all the mercenaries then I really think you're mad

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Mackie on 18:00 - Dec 18 with 671 viewsNov77

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/3389/Stages/6531/Play

This site has Mackie as 248th most effective offensive player in the premiership (out of 255), behind all of our other players, including Swp.

This is his profile:
http://www.whoscored.com/Players/9500

cat...........amongst..........pigeons.................

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Mackie on 18:03 - Dec 18 with 667 viewsNov77

Mackie on 17:56 - Dec 18 by simmo

No it wasn't, but I seem to recall after the first few games he was then dropped to the bench for the 'bigger names' to come in. He was reinstated as a first team regular from about the Man U game I believe where we played a lot better and although we lost, the difference between that and the performance against Saints (which he was on the bench for) was huge. Since then he has started every game and we have not lost.

He is constantly seen as not 'cosmopolitan' enough or lacking premiership quality and he is constantly proving people wrong. He did it last season too and if you still doubt his importance amongst all the mercenaries then I really think you're mad

Swp has started every game since then too!........just saying like, devils advocate and all that......

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Mackie on 18:10 - Dec 18 with 652 viewsJeff

Mackie on 18:00 - Dec 18 by Nov77

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/3389/Stages/6531/Play

This site has Mackie as 248th most effective offensive player in the premiership (out of 255), behind all of our other players, including Swp.

This is his profile:

it's also got Andy Carroll listed as the 13th best player in the Premiership, one ahead of Juan Mata. Cat firmly taken away from pigeons somewhere safe...

Can we not knock it?

Mackie on 18:10 - Dec 18 with 650 viewssimmo

This is his profile:

Look I take your point that he is not the typical 'brilliant winger' or creative player like Cazorla or Bale etc, but that is not the point. We are QPR. I am not saying he alone is responsible for our upturn in form or results, what I am saying is that the factors that have attributed to those improvements are epitomised by Mackie.

All you need to do is concentrate on his positives and accept his negatives knowing that the former outweighs the latter. We do the same thing with Taarabt!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Mackie on 18:11 - Dec 18 with 649 viewsClive_Anderson

This is his profile:

Mackie, SWP and Cisse are all behind Anton Ferdinand and Nedum Onuoha in that list.

Maybe you didn't interpret the word "offensive" correctly.
Mackie on 18:11 - Dec 18 with 648 viewssimmohoopster

Mackie on 18:03 - Dec 18 by Nov77

Swp has started every game since then too!........just saying like, devils advocate and all that......

There is a whole load of players I would sell before Mackie.

We would be worse off without him.
Mackie on 18:13 - Dec 18 with 643 viewsClive_Anderson

Mackie on 18:10 - Dec 18 by Jeff

it's also got Andy Carroll listed as the 13th best player in the Premiership, one ahead of Juan Mata. Cat firmly taken away from pigeons somewhere safe...

Ha ha. Sounds like the cat had been shot dead hours before the pigeons even arrived.
Mackie on 18:14 - Dec 18 with 641 viewsNorthernr

This is his profile:

What a magnificent website that is. According to that Carlos Cuellar is the 19th most effective attacking player in the Premier League.

It says Carlos Cuellar is a more effective attacking player for Sunderland the Steven Fletcher who has scored a third of Sunderland's goals this season. Cuellar has one goal and one assist.

It also has Cuellar ahead of Jermain Defoe (nine goals) and Demba Ba (11 goals). Also ahead of Diame, Benteke, Ben Arfa, Sterling, Pienaar etc etc etc.

Cat returns to house and falls asleep in front of fire.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Mackie on 18:14 - Dec 18 with 638 viewsMatch82

Mackie on 18:11 - Dec 18 by Clive_Anderson

Mackie, SWP and Cisse are all behind Anton Ferdinand and Nedum Onuoha in that list.

Maybe you didn't interpret the word "offensive" correctly.

Unless I misunderstand, isn't this also based on an entirely subjective "average rating" for the player?
Mackie on 18:14 - Dec 18 with 638 viewsJonDoeman

Mackie on 17:42 - Dec 18 by WestbourneR

I have been one of Mackie's harshest critics in the past - even a bit of a hater.

But even I have seen the light.

How ANYONE can question him or the qualities he brings to the team after we've spent half a season watching a bunch of disinterested wnkrs play for us is beyond me.

And Nov is tearing strip of him for missing is just beyond belief. Nov I'm sorry but in my eyes you're clueless and bit of disgrace. Jamie Mackie has sweated blood for the shirt - he deserves better than your kind of 'support'.

http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/35f4275e5d58ce8923f00a0c6544a7aa/

As he said at OT , He Plays For The FcKinG Shirt!

It Is What It Is !!

Mackie on 18:31 - Dec 18 with 612 viewscheeseydane

His lack of left foot doesn't prevent him from getting the team out of the sh.t countless times.

In my eyes, NWs greatest hour was when he signed Jamie.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Mackie on 18:34 - Dec 18 with 607 viewsTW_R

Mackie on 17:47 - Dec 18 by TacticalR

On Point 3, all I was trying to say was that I thought Mackie made the right choice and used a bit of finesse instead of just hammering it, but it just didn't work.

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that all remarks about Mackie are motivated by bias and special pleading.

But as was mentioned in the commentary in the Fulham match, this since this is SWP's 50th Premiership match without scoring, surely it is reasonable to ask why that might be?

I don't think you understand me correctly. All I'm saying is it was a bad miss and I would be saying the same thing whoever had missed it. You don't seem to think it was which is fair enough. No special pleading required.

I also think it is perfectly reasonable to ask why SWP hasn't performed as we would have expected and why he hasn't scored for so long. But that has been discussed to death on 50 other threads on the same subject. Here he is brought up again on a thread about Mackie. It just gets tedious.
Mackie on 18:38 - Dec 18 with 600 viewsWestbourneR

Mackie on 18:14 - Dec 18 by Northernr

What a magnificent website that is. According to that Carlos Cuellar is the 19th most effective attacking player in the Premier League.

It says Carlos Cuellar is a more effective attacking player for Sunderland the Steven Fletcher who has scored a third of Sunderland's goals this season. Cuellar has one goal and one assist.

It also has Cuellar ahead of Jermain Defoe (nine goals) and Demba Ba (11 goals). Also ahead of Diame, Benteke, Ben Arfa, Sterling, Pienaar etc etc etc.

Cat returns to house and falls asleep in front of fire.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Nov that website is a joke.

Look Jamie is not going to fire us into the top 8 or set the Prem alight with dazzling skill but he gives us work rate, combativeness, directness and goals.

Even with the misses he is near on our top scorer!

It also go to be said his game has improved. He gets his head up more, runs downer fewer blind alleys and his touch has come on.

Mackie on 20:45 - Dec 18 with 563 viewsderbyhoop

Mackie on 16:22 - Dec 18 by TacticalR

OK, a little bit of context...

1) Mackie created the opportunity
2) Ideally he should have hit it early with his left foot, but it looks like he doesn't have a left foot
3) He moved around the ball to get a shot away with his right foot, and did indeed manage to get his shot away to the right of the keeper

So *given those circumstances* "I don't think Mackie did a whole lot wrong for the miss". I think he tried to make an intelligent choice.

*All* SWP does when he gets anywhere near the goal is blast the ball at the goal. It's just brainless.

He could do with some training to teach hom how to dink the ball over the keeper in one v one situations. He's missed a few chances like that (Arsenal, Sunderland), usually when the keeper has gone to ground early and spread himself. The better strikers have their head up and just lift the ball over the keeper.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Mackie on 21:01 - Dec 18 with 547 viewsbeeeater

Mackie on 20:45 - Dec 18 by derbyhoop

He could do with some training to teach hom how to dink the ball over the keeper in one v one situations. He's missed a few chances like that (Arsenal, Sunderland), usually when the keeper has gone to ground early and spread himself. The better strikers have their head up and just lift the ball over the keeper.

Are the anti Mackie posts on this thread to put Jol , fulham and anyone else off of signing him. If so keep it up
Mackie on 21:09 - Dec 18 with 539 viewsClive_Anderson

Mackie on 20:45 - Dec 18 by derbyhoop

Amazes me when strikers at full stretch just get a toe to a ball that's moving away from them and manage to dink it over the keeper. You don't often see British players doing it whereas the South Americans, Italians and Spanish make it look so easy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024