Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sarah Everad 17:01 - Sep 30 with 13761 viewsSirjohnalot

A whole life sentence is extremely rare, only used in exceptional circumstances outside sexual killers of children, targeted police, multiple murderers etc.

What this animal did was so horrific the Judge ruled he will never be released, he will die in prison. It was the only possible sentence the Judge could impose, even though the press reports are horrific they did not report on all that he did. Evil psychopaths like can never be reformed.

Evil beyond belief, whilst there may be some debate about what should happen to Katie Price, I cannot imagine, for one second what on earth his barrister could have said on his behalf.

It's really important, as I've read online, people criticising his Counsel, that he was represented, to ensure that Justice is done, to ensure the law is applied correctly. If you are instructed, you are ethicially obliged to take it on, unless you think it is beyond your capabilities, or you know one of the parties so that you cannot be impartial etc.

It is likely that it will be appealed, you would not be carrying out your job properly if you didn't , such is the exceptional sentence, but I cannot see any Court overruling it.

Sarah Everad on 11:08 - Oct 2 with 1007 viewsKeithHaynes

Sarah Everad on 07:30 - Oct 2 by angryjack

Never trust a copper...scum

🧐👏👏👏👏👏👏😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Sarah Everad on 11:14 - Oct 2 with 982 viewstrampie

Sarah Everad on 11:07 - Oct 2 by controversial_jack

It's their job. it's why they exist, to protect the public and property. They get paid to do it They swear an oath to the queen and are therefore held at a higher standard than the average person.

They should be held to a higher standard but I fear they are not.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Sarah Everad on 11:21 - Oct 2 with 975 viewsKeithHaynes

Sarah Everad on 07:19 - Oct 2 by trampie

Morning chief, not in my home town 40 years ago, off duty crashed at the lights blocking the road informed uniform when they turned up he was a serving police officer and had been drinking and he kept his job, although after the event he said it was touch and go when waiting for their verdict his perfect record, remorse etc saved the day and treating every case on its merit rightly so (a good policeman that apparently had done good and went on to do good after that) I would say, but have others less deserving got away with it ?

I take it you seen the article about police found guilty of sexual misconducts still keeping their jobs.

Did you see the recent documentary series on the Cardiff 3/5, how did the police not go to jail ?, remember Hillsborough how did the police not go to jail, it was not just one person altering statements was it ?
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 7:45]

Years ago I’m sure yes.
But their feet don’t touch the ground these days. And rightly so.

I was talking about convictions for sexual offences, they wouldn’t stay in a job if they had a criminal conviction. And again rightly so.

The only thing I can see from police sexual misconduct hearings or reports, which wasn’t my expert area in law, of sexual misconduct is it’s a wide range of issues. From remarks to the actual offence of touching, or written words or conduct. As Sir John will agree I’m sure, sexual, is a very hard term to explain. The man on the Clapham omnibus would be the final determination. What is sexual to one person may not be sexual to another. Someone getting turned on in Clarke’s shoes because they have a foot fetish could be deemed sexual, running around with a large carrot up your bum, but not seeking sexual gratification, may well be or not, the man on the bus decides and case law of course.

Yes, I know a bit about the above ‘test’ of what is and isn’t sexual. But not an expert 🤐 ( honest ) Its a minefield. My days of delivering criminal law and practice in UWE are a fairly long way away, only a few years mind. So things do change, I do recall civil actions as well as criminal and one particular case where an officer was internally disciplined for sexual misconduct for whistling at another female officer when she walked in to a room. He admitted he did but of course wasn’t sacked.

That’s it I’m off for a cold one. 👍

This post has been edited by an administrator

Sarah Everad on 11:32 - Oct 2 with 959 viewsonehunglow

Sarah Everad on 11:21 - Oct 2 by KeithHaynes

Years ago I’m sure yes.

I was talking about convictions for sexual offences, they wouldn’t stay in a job if they had a criminal conviction. And again rightly so.

The only thing I can see from police sexual misconduct hearings or reports, which wasn’t my expert area in law, of sexual misconduct is it’s a wide range of issues. From remarks to the actual offence of touching, or written words or conduct. As Sir John will agree I’m sure, sexual, is a very hard term to explain. The man on the Clapham omnibus would be the final determination. What is sexual to one person may not be sexual to another. Someone getting turned on in Clarke’s shoes because they have a foot fetish could be deemed sexual, running around with a large carrot up your bum, but not seeking sexual gratification, may well be or not, the man on the bus decides and case law of course.

Yes, I know a bit about the above ‘test’ of what is and isn’t sexual. But not an expert 🤐 ( honest ) Its a minefield. My days of delivering criminal law and practice in UWE are a fairly long way away, only a few years mind. So things do change, I do recall civil actions as well as criminal and one particular case where an officer was internally disciplined for sexual misconduct for whistling at another female officer when she walked in to a room. He admitted he did but of course wasn’t sacked.

I was just about to have a coffee and Carrot cake .Thanks

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Sarah Everad on 11:53 - Oct 2 with 951 viewsonehunglow

Sarah Everad on 07:30 - Oct 2 by angryjack

Never trust a copper...scum

Peter Sutcliffe murdered 13 women but i dont hate all lorry driver
Harold Shipman killed 250 but I still trust doctors
Dennis Nielsen murdered 12 men but I dont have an issue with Employment officers

Sarah Everad on 12:33 - Oct 2 with 932 viewstrampie

Sarah Everad on 11:21 - Oct 2 by KeithHaynes

Years ago I’m sure yes.

Indeed but they were found guilty of the charge by their employer no matter how relatively big or small the accusation/complaint was.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Sarah Everad on 12:36 - Oct 2 with 925 viewstrampie

Sarah Everad on 11:53 - Oct 2 by onehunglow

Dennis Nielsen murdered 12 men but I dont have an issue with Employment officers

You trust a doctor ?, trust no one, I admit when it comes to medics there might be no choice, remember we had to stuff their mouths and their like with gold to get the NHS off the ground.

Sarah Everad on 12:53 - Oct 2 with 905 viewsangryjack

Sarah Everad on 11:53 - Oct 2 by onehunglow

Stop trying justify it,more and more vermin I call them are being exposed but get away with things because brushed under carpet ,the scumbag was indecently exposing himself earlier but because he was a copper brushed under carpet you scratch my back I scratch yours ..never trust a copper...scum
Login to get fewer ads

Sarah Everad on 14:24 - Oct 2 with 867 viewsKeithHaynes

Sarah Everad on 12:33 - Oct 2 by trampie

Indeed but they were found guilty of the charge by their employer no matter how relatively big or small the accusation/complaint was.

Yes, but whistling at someone albeit demeaning and pathetic isn’t worthy of the sack ?

Sarah Everad on 14:30 - Oct 2 with 852 viewsonehunglow

Sarah Everad on 12:53 - Oct 2 by angryjack

Stop trying justify it,more and more vermin I call them are being exposed but get away with things because brushed under carpet ,the scumbag was indecently exposing himself earlier but because he was a copper brushed under carpet you scratch my back I scratch yours ..never trust a copper...scum

Stop your anti police filth.
Nobody on here should be described as scum

It's ironic Police one day might save your life

Sarah Everad on 14:36 - Oct 2 with 842 viewscontroversial_jack

Another big question is, should we grass a colleague up to the management? That was never done in Industry as you wouldn't be able to trust that person again and nobody would want to work with them again.

Admittedly where there are important matters of safety etc it's different, but any female who grassed up a colleague for a wolf whistle would probably be shunned by her colleagues
Sarah Everad on 14:40 - Oct 2 with 833 viewstrampie

Sarah Everad on 14:24 - Oct 2 by KeithHaynes

Yes, but whistling at someone albeit demeaning and pathetic isn’t worthy of the sack ?

Unwanted touching would be worthy of dismissal.

Sarah Everad on 14:42 - Oct 2 with 827 viewstrampie

Sarah Everad on 14:30 - Oct 2 by onehunglow

Stop your anti police filth.
Nobody on here should be described as scum

It's ironic Police one day might save your life

More chance of Joe public saving him than the police.

Sarah Everad on 14:44 - Oct 2 with 815 viewstrampie

Sarah Everad on 14:36 - Oct 2 by controversial_jack

Another big question is, should we grass a colleague up to the management? That was never done in Industry as you wouldn't be able to trust that person again and nobody would want to work with them again.

Admittedly where there are important matters of safety etc it's different, but any female who grassed up a colleague for a wolf whistle would probably be shunned by her colleagues

The stories coming out of how some male police officers treat some female police officers is shocking.

Sarah Everad on 14:47 - Oct 2 with 805 viewsSirjohnalot

This thread has taken a bizarre turn, I’m out of here
Sarah Everad on 14:49 - Oct 2 with 801 viewslondonlisa2001

Sarah Everad on 14:32 - Oct 1 by Dr_Parnassus

Of course I know the details, it’s horrific.

What you are saying though is that no woman should be arrested by a male officer off the back of it. So that’s a police custody issue, custody begins at the minute of apprehension and arrest. Be that on the street, in a car or at the station.

So many men have been arrested on trumped up charges in order for police to then beat them, even kill them. But nobody is advocating that men shouldn’t be arrested by men.

This is a police vetting and recruitment issue. While you say everyone should be sacked if they have a history of violence against women, I say they should be if they have a history of violence full stop.

That vetting process would of course have stopped this in its tracks as he would not be an officer with the powers of arrest. Plus of course the majority victims of violence and deaths at the hands of authority figures would also decline, or at least should.

I am sure we have discussed it before and I have given my views on selective protection, I despise it. I just can’t fathom why someone would allow an officer to continue working if he has an extremely violent history against men and sack them if they have a history of violence against women.

Everyone deserves protection and it’s continuously overlooked. It doesn’t have to be a competition. If we are having reviews of policing and reviews of process, then let’s protect every victim, not just a select few.

We are talking about different things.

There is a specific problem with sexual violence against women.

The fact that there is also a problem with violence against men is not being ignored by focusing on this particular issue in this discussion.

Yes, I am saying that no woman should be arrested by a lone police officer (male - women police officers are never alone in the first place, at least not in London which is where I am referring to in this discussion).

The Met in fact have now said that a woman can’t be arrested by a lone plain clothes police officer. But the issue is that this case highlights that a woman cannot feel safe even in the presence of the police, until such time as the toxic culture within the Met is addressed. For advice to be given saying ‘flag down a bus’ is so ridiculous as to be almost incredible.

For this police officer to have been able to continue in his role is shameful given his past and his reputation. It is obvious that, although an extreme example of the toxicity I’m referring to, it is not as isolated as some are attempting to portray. It may be an extreme, but it is an extreme of a continuum of behaviour that is accepted and, in some instances, encouraged.

It had to start at the top with the removal of the current head of the Met. London will effectively become impossible to police as a result of all this, as women are simply going to refuse arrest now until a female officer attends. Transparently those that are completely deserving of arrest will use that to their own ends. You can’t have a situation like this exist for long.

I wouldn’t allow anyone to be a police offer if they have a history of violence against anyone, male or female. I was simply addressing one particular issue that will go some way to establishing some sort of trust again amongst women. Because at the moment, that has evaporated completely. We do need to protect everyone, but there is an immediate need to sort out this culture issue.
Sarah Everad on 14:54 - Oct 2 with 796 viewslondonlisa2001

Sarah Everad on 14:39 - Oct 1 by KeithHaynes

I’m talking about ‘others’ using this situation as an excuse. Like you are doing now. For whatever reason, although I can guess.

Your misinterpretation of what I posted is sickening, and inexcusable to suit your very own and clear agenda.

I’ve absolutely no idea what agenda I’m supposed to have.

You referring to it or making comments about you being able to ‘guess’ what it is doesn’t mean it exists anywhere other than in your opinion.

I didn’t misinterpret what you posted. Your post was not appropriate in my view.
Sarah Everad on 14:59 - Oct 2 with 789 viewsDr_Parnassus

Sarah Everad on 14:49 - Oct 2 by londonlisa2001

We are talking about different things.

There is a specific problem with sexual violence against women.

The fact that there is also a problem with violence against men is not being ignored by focusing on this particular issue in this discussion.

Yes, I am saying that no woman should be arrested by a lone police officer (male - women police officers are never alone in the first place, at least not in London which is where I am referring to in this discussion).

The Met in fact have now said that a woman can’t be arrested by a lone plain clothes police officer. But the issue is that this case highlights that a woman cannot feel safe even in the presence of the police, until such time as the toxic culture within the Met is addressed. For advice to be given saying ‘flag down a bus’ is so ridiculous as to be almost incredible.

For this police officer to have been able to continue in his role is shameful given his past and his reputation. It is obvious that, although an extreme example of the toxicity I’m referring to, it is not as isolated as some are attempting to portray. It may be an extreme, but it is an extreme of a continuum of behaviour that is accepted and, in some instances, encouraged.

It had to start at the top with the removal of the current head of the Met. London will effectively become impossible to police as a result of all this, as women are simply going to refuse arrest now until a female officer attends. Transparently those that are completely deserving of arrest will use that to their own ends. You can’t have a situation like this exist for long.

I wouldn’t allow anyone to be a police offer if they have a history of violence against anyone, male or female. I was simply addressing one particular issue that will go some way to establishing some sort of trust again amongst women. Because at the moment, that has evaporated completely. We do need to protect everyone, but there is an immediate need to sort out this culture issue.

But non sexual violence is far more prevalent than sexual violence in any walk of life, and that’s certainly true for officers towards the public too. Not even in the same stratosphere.

So if we are going to rewrite the codes of practice then surely we should focus on the violence issue before we do anything else. The amount of victims of violence, many leading to death is shocking. This will be repeated year on year without question.

While Sarah Everad story is horrific, it’s an extreme rarity and any changes of practice really should be focussing on the bigger picture which is authority figures often thinking they are beyond reproach.

I don’t like the idea of an officer not being able to apprehend a dangerous and violent female due to a process issue, there are many instances where an officer could be left alone and needing to detain the individual. I would much prefer stronger vetting in the police force so we don’t need such process changes, then we don’t have to selectively protect and we can protect everyone.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Sarah Everad on 15:01 - Oct 2 with 789 viewslondonlisa2001

Sarah Everad on 12:51 - Oct 1 by CountyJim

I would say that's good advice from the old bill for lone women

Can't see a problem with that Keith

It’s bloody stupid advice in this case as an outcome of this case.

If a call had been made to confirm that this police officer was a serving officer with a valid warrant card the answer would have been yes he is. It’s completely missing the point of what actually happened. It’s changing the narrative to suggest that he was impersonating a police officer. It’s the same as they keep referring to him as an ex police officer. He wasn’t an ex officer. He was a serving officer. He was only sacked when he pleaded guilty. And even then, having actually pleaded guilty to kidnap, rape, murder and disposing of the poor woman’s body by burning it, other police officers provided character references for him.

Decent police officers of which there are many, must be sickened by the absolute horror they see around them. The issue is that they must know that this culture exists, and yet have not done anything about it.
Sarah Everad on 15:15 - Oct 2 with 768 viewslondonlisa2001

Sarah Everad on 14:59 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

But non sexual violence is far more prevalent than sexual violence in any walk of life, and that’s certainly true for officers towards the public too. Not even in the same stratosphere.

So if we are going to rewrite the codes of practice then surely we should focus on the violence issue before we do anything else. The amount of victims of violence, many leading to death is shocking. This will be repeated year on year without question.

While Sarah Everad story is horrific, it’s an extreme rarity and any changes of practice really should be focussing on the bigger picture which is authority figures often thinking they are beyond reproach.

I don’t like the idea of an officer not being able to apprehend a dangerous and violent female due to a process issue, there are many instances where an officer could be left alone and needing to detain the individual. I would much prefer stronger vetting in the police force so we don’t need such process changes, then we don’t have to selectively protect and we can protect everyone.

No. Because we are talking about sexual violence and the inability for women to feel safe as that’s what this case is about.

And although this case is a rarity, it has shone a light on the toxicity of the UK’s largest police force. A toxicity that those of us living in London have complained about for years and years.

I agree in the last paragraph. The issue we have is that the necessary culture change will take a long time, years even, and in the meantime women in London do not feel they can trust the police so procedural change will have to be made even if only as a temporary fix until the issue is sorted out properly. This is just the final straw for many people who have witnessed the behaviour of the Met at first hand for years. Whether it is harassment of women, gay people, black people, refusing to take people seriously when it comes to the reporting of certain crimes, whether it’s the horrific disregard or lack of respect for victims, sharing of inappropriate material, taking selfies over dead bodies, sharing memes about how to kidnap, rape and murder a woman, etc etc etc.

Unfortunately it appears that anyone whether in politics, media or wider society, who has had enough of this sort of stuff tries to call it out, they are met with the type of ‘bet you’d call them if anything happened to you’ type comment we frequently see on this board, or accusations of people being ‘anti police’ or some sort of commie.
Sarah Everad on 15:32 - Oct 2 with 747 viewsonehunglow

Sarah Everad on 15:15 - Oct 2 by londonlisa2001

No. Because we are talking about sexual violence and the inability for women to feel safe as that’s what this case is about.

And although this case is a rarity, it has shone a light on the toxicity of the UK’s largest police force. A toxicity that those of us living in London have complained about for years and years.

I agree in the last paragraph. The issue we have is that the necessary culture change will take a long time, years even, and in the meantime women in London do not feel they can trust the police so procedural change will have to be made even if only as a temporary fix until the issue is sorted out properly. This is just the final straw for many people who have witnessed the behaviour of the Met at first hand for years. Whether it is harassment of women, gay people, black people, refusing to take people seriously when it comes to the reporting of certain crimes, whether it’s the horrific disregard or lack of respect for victims, sharing of inappropriate material, taking selfies over dead bodies, sharing memes about how to kidnap, rape and murder a woman, etc etc etc.

Unfortunately it appears that anyone whether in politics, media or wider society, who has had enough of this sort of stuff tries to call it out, they are met with the type of ‘bet you’d call them if anything happened to you’ type comment we frequently see on this board, or accusations of people being ‘anti police’ or some sort of commie.

I’m afraid there is a history of lefty hate v police and also the risible right wing Tory support for Police .
I worked with my great female officers who patrolled dog dangerous rough estates on their own and survived the filthy jungle of it all.
It is also fact teenage men are most vulnerable and likely to be killed on the streets.Should all young men not feel safe.

I don’t see how emasculating police helps if they are scared to do anything .

Sadly The Police Service has lost its guts .
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 15:36]

Sarah Everad on 15:38 - Oct 2 with 740 viewstrampie

There needs to be a major culture shift within the police force as a taxpayer who pays the police's wages I'm disgusted by them.

Sarah Everad on 15:45 - Oct 2 with 735 viewsDr_Parnassus

Sarah Everad on 15:15 - Oct 2 by londonlisa2001

That’s what this case is about, yes - but you are talking about broad changes to policing that then moves away from this case and encompasses things way beyond it.

Whether it’s women feeling safe, men feeling safe - neither really do when it involves police, that’s due to a tiny minority of them giving the force a bad reputation. Violence is far too common in interactions with police and that makes some feel they are untouchable. That is what needs to be tackled.

Neither sex feels particularly safe walking home alone, neither sex feels they can trust the police entirely and nobody feels particularly safe in a police situation, this thread shows that with various people giving their experiences. I don’t think there is a need to separate.

So whilst I agree the force needs to examine the records of its officers for violent red flags, I don’t think they should discriminate and allow officers with violence against men to continue presenting a danger to them, while they remove the ones with violence against women.

It just seems wholly unnecessary to selectively protect when reviewing processes. It’s time we start protecting all of society with these movements, far too often certain sections are being needlessly ignored when there is chance for real broad change.

I just wish people would add men to these lists of people affected, because they never are.

In terms of taking them seriously, I think domestic violence reports against women are way lower than they should be (despite still being surprisingly high) due to that very fact. The whole of society needs to look at themselves as does such organisations like the police force.

Everyone is effected by these things and everyone needs protection. Men, women, gay, straight, black, white, Asian - everyone.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Sarah Everad on 15:55 - Oct 2 with 714 viewstrampie

"There is an air of crisis in British policing this weekend as it faces a great moment of reckoning.

Never have leaders felt that public trust is so low they have had to advise women to consider fleeing if they are uncomfortable when confronted by one of their own officers."

The above Beeb article says it all, how was Couzens able to hide undetected within the police force when all the signs were there, the police have let the public down particularly all females, things need to change.

Sarah Everad on 16:00 - Oct 2 with 703 viewslondonlisa2001

Sarah Everad on 15:45 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

That’s what this case is about, yes - but you are talking about broad changes to policing that then moves away from this case and encompasses things way beyond it.

Whether it’s women feeling safe, men feeling safe - neither really do when it involves police, that’s due to a tiny minority of them giving the force a bad reputation. Violence is far too common in interactions with police and that makes some feel they are untouchable. That is what needs to be tackled.

Neither sex feels particularly safe walking home alone, neither sex feels they can trust the police entirely and nobody feels particularly safe in a police situation, this thread shows that with various people giving their experiences. I don’t think there is a need to separate.

So whilst I agree the force needs to examine the records of its officers for violent red flags, I don’t think they should discriminate and allow officers with violence against men to continue presenting a danger to them, while they remove the ones with violence against women.

It just seems wholly unnecessary to selectively protect when reviewing processes. It’s time we start protecting all of society with these movements, far too often certain sections are being needlessly ignored when there is chance for real broad change.

I just wish people would add men to these lists of people affected, because they never are.

In terms of taking them seriously, I think domestic violence reports against women are way lower than they should be (despite still being surprisingly high) due to that very fact. The whole of society needs to look at themselves as does such organisations like the police force.

Everyone is effected by these things and everyone needs protection. Men, women, gay, straight, black, white, Asian - everyone.

I am taking about immediate changes to the police that would make women feel safer with them.

It doesn’t instantly need to also cover issues regarding men as well.

Yes, domestic violence is underreported women against men, you are right. Different issue though.

We are talking about sexual violence and the wider culture of harassment, sexualisation, sexual threats etc. Which all are, in the vast, vast majority of cases, men against women. The fact there are different crimes affecting different groups of people doesn’t alter that, nor do they all need to be discussed at once.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024