Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sarah Everad 17:01 - Sep 30 with 13760 viewsSirjohnalot

A whole life sentence is extremely rare, only used in exceptional circumstances outside sexual killers of children, targeted police, multiple murderers etc.

What this animal did was so horrific the Judge ruled he will never be released, he will die in prison. It was the only possible sentence the Judge could impose, even though the press reports are horrific they did not report on all that he did. Evil psychopaths like can never be reformed.

Evil beyond belief, whilst there may be some debate about what should happen to Katie Price, I cannot imagine, for one second what on earth his barrister could have said on his behalf.

It's really important, as I've read online, people criticising his Counsel, that he was represented, to ensure that Justice is done, to ensure the law is applied correctly. If you are instructed, you are ethicially obliged to take it on, unless you think it is beyond your capabilities, or you know one of the parties so that you cannot be impartial etc.

It is likely that it will be appealed, you would not be carrying out your job properly if you didn't , such is the exceptional sentence, but I cannot see any Court overruling it.

Sarah Everad on 10:36 - Oct 1 with 1082 viewscontroversial_jack

Sarah Everad on 10:22 - Oct 1 by onehunglow

That is an outrageous simplification.Police no more cover themselves than bent barristers ,accountants or surveyors. You imfer every police officer is willing to cover that up.WRONG and the fact you are able to post that unchallenged IS scary.

Right now, if I were still a serving Police Officer,I would hand in my ticket and find another career free from this.

Next time,you 're facing real trouble,you will call them .

Fact.

They do it all the time. Every police officer does it. You are doing it now
Sarah Everad on 10:38 - Oct 1 with 1075 viewscontroversial_jack

Sarah Everad on 00:34 - Oct 1 by WalterBoyd

That is easier said than done.

I have been in back of a police car. Did nothing major wrong, if I had refused I think a different outcome.

There is no legal requirement for you to get into a police car or even to get out of your car, unless they are going to arrest you.
Sarah Everad on 10:42 - Oct 1 with 1075 viewstrampie

Sarah Everad on 07:54 - Oct 1 by Sirjohnalot

It’s paid for via legal aid, which is as it should be. The prosecution would have a QC for something like so it’s only right that the defence should, (called equality of arms). A QC doesn’t do normal everyday cases, in order to get one on legal aid, there has to be a separate application made explaining why it’s necessary eg, I was involved in a multi handed rape where I had a QC ‘leading me’.

It’s nothing to do with advertising, we don’t prostitute ourselves out, it’s not America, we get instructed and are obliged to take the case. We cannot turn it down if we don’t like the person.

Can somebody on the national average wage get legal aid ?, if one side gets given a top lawyer but the other side can't afford one and are not eligible for legal aid then there is an unfair bias and the best lawyer wins nothing to do with who is in the right and who is in the wrong, what a terrible system.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Sarah Everad on 10:44 - Oct 1 with 1062 viewsonehunglow

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Sarah Everad on 11:06 - Oct 1 with 1030 viewsCountyJim

Sarah Everad on 10:22 - Oct 1 by onehunglow

That is an outrageous simplification.Police no more cover themselves than bent barristers ,accountants or surveyors. You imfer every police officer is willing to cover that up.WRONG and the fact you are able to post that unchallenged IS scary.

Right now, if I were still a serving Police Officer,I would hand in my ticket and find another career free from this.

Next time,you 're facing real trouble,you will call them .

Fact.

And yet you go on about religion can't you get it people don't trust the old bill
Sarah Everad on 11:16 - Oct 1 with 1019 viewsmajorraglan

Sarah Everad on 10:36 - Oct 1 by controversial_jack

They do it all the time. Every police officer does it. You are doing it now

No they don’t - there’s plenty of decent hard working cops out there who stand up to be counted. A lot of police forces have confidential reporting systems where staff can report concerns about colleagues anonymously, some are managed by external organisations so there is a “ firewall” to ensure anonymity. Lots of organisations do this.

As OHL says, there’s good and bad in all walks of life, this guy Couzens is a monster and we are lucky that there are very few people like him in society. How he managed to become a police officer I’ll never know.
Sarah Everad on 11:31 - Oct 1 with 996 viewsonehunglow

Sarah Everad on 11:16 - Oct 1 by majorraglan

No they don’t - there’s plenty of decent hard working cops out there who stand up to be counted. A lot of police forces have confidential reporting systems where staff can report concerns about colleagues anonymously, some are managed by external organisations so there is a “ firewall” to ensure anonymity. Lots of organisations do this.

As OHL says, there’s good and bad in all walks of life, this guy Couzens is a monster and we are lucky that there are very few people like him in society. How he managed to become a police officer I’ll never know.

Conto hates police .That is documented so anything he says on this can be ignored.

Policing is never and can never be something on which all agree becaue it is about taking people off the streets for transgressions against society.

Criminals are filth.cum,trailer trash that takes all and give nothing to society.They are also the loudest when it come to "human/civil rights". Police interfere with their lifestyle.

Hardest part for police is catching these scum then seeing walk free from Court often because of barrister smokescreen which clouds and baffles juries into a not guilty verdict. This is happening every day.

When dealing with such scum, the challenge is to keep to the rules as you will get clobbered if you don't. Many police do. Ideally, Police should be let off the leash to rip into the Burglars, Robbers ,Fraudsters and violence merchants that ruins lives. It will never happen so relax.

As for Couzens,he was arrested and processed by Police who would have done a sound job ensuring all angles were covered so he wouldn't walk free on a technicality. He didn't and got the life sentence. Sadly, this should be a capital offence but that will never happen. I would quite happily throw the switch and see him drop then go home and have my tea. He has sent policing back and encourages anti police merchants who will always mistrust Police. W e all need people to mistrust though;I do Lawyers,accountants,Surveyors and Architects so Ive plenty of choice really.

The job of police officers ha been made infinately harder by Couzens and the case will be used/misused politically .

In closing,we do have in this country a rather misogynous mentality that was/is infused into us when young;not as bad as it was, when women as a whole had a life of pain and drudgery ,especially in industrial areas.

Sarah Everad on 12:02 - Oct 1 with 992 viewsSirjohnalot

Sarah Everad on 10:42 - Oct 1 by trampie

Can somebody on the national average wage get legal aid ?, if one side gets given a top lawyer but the other side can't afford one and are not eligible for legal aid then there is an unfair bias and the best lawyer wins nothing to do with who is in the right and who is in the wrong, what a terrible system.

In the Magistrates Court, no, you will not get legal aid. That was stopped. If you pay privately and are found Not Guilty, you will not get anywhere near all your money back, in fact people have been bankrupted trying to defend themselves.

In the Crown Court, if you are worknig, you will get legal aid, but you also then have to pay contributions to the Court for the case being brought to court which can be up to 90 % of your disposable income.

In reality if the Crown has a QC, then the defence will also be entitled to one.
Login to get fewer ads

Sarah Everad on 12:11 - Oct 1 with 975 viewstrampie

Sarah Everad on 12:02 - Oct 1 by Sirjohnalot

In the Magistrates Court, no, you will not get legal aid. That was stopped. If you pay privately and are found Not Guilty, you will not get anywhere near all your money back, in fact people have been bankrupted trying to defend themselves.

In the Crown Court, if you are worknig, you will get legal aid, but you also then have to pay contributions to the Court for the case being brought to court which can be up to 90 % of your disposable income.

In reality if the Crown has a QC, then the defence will also be entitled to one.

Skewed in favour of money, the best lawyer wins, justice being irrelevant and if the state have an interest in the outcome then all sorts of schenanigans can be brought to bare.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Sarah Everad on 12:28 - Oct 1 with 954 viewsKeithHaynes

Another stick to beat the police with, today’s advice from the Met that any lone woman being spoken to by a plain clothed detective should call 999 if she is not happy is playing straight in to the hands of those who love drama as a result of instigating interaction with the police.

YouTube awaits.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Sarah Everad on 12:49 - Oct 1 with 941 viewslondonlisa2001

Sarah Everad on 03:48 - Oct 1 by Dr_Parnassus

Agree with all of that, except:-

''Time for procedural changes so that it is impossible for a woman to be ‘arrested’ by a lone male officer.''

''Time for every single one of the police officers who have history of any violence against women, including domestic violence to be sacked. Time for every one of the police officers who are on that long list of sexual offenders to be sacked.''

This is a ''him'' problem, not a male problem. No point in demonising a whole sex and half the population.

If a female police officer arrested a man then beat him to death while handcuffed in the back of the police car (I bet something along those lines has happened), at no point would I ever think to ban women from arresting men.

Similar for the sacking of every officer with violence against women in their past. Why just women? Surely violence against people in general is the issue?

Men are far more at risk of violence from anyone, including police officers and would guess far more men have died in a proportion to their arrest in police custody than women? I would have to check.

Violence in the police force is a problem across the board, regardless of race, gender or sexuality. They are given power and authority that they don't know how to manage. People often wonder how the Nazi guards did what they did back in the day... but its not that difficult to make the leap.

A police officer would consider murdering someone for a broken tail light if they ran away for example, once you introduce power to someone, often rationale leaves in equal measures.

Some of the police violence in Melbourne currently for example, is utterly shocking.

Take a look at this one last week, this is occurring daily down there. Its horrific. How he is still alive is a mystery, all he was doing was standing there and talking in the middle of the day.

One witness said the man was completely calm then got slung face first into to concrete floor tiles, knocking him unconscious and they continued to handcuff him whilst in pools of his own blood and urine. When he woke up he was calling for his Mum.

These violent animals shouldn't be in the force as you say. They are an incident waiting to happen

Video there if you can stomach it.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/victoria-police-officer-suspended-as-police-in

Edit - a source I just looked at said men are 20 times more likely to be killed by a police officer than women and 12 times more likely to be the victim of random unprovoked violence. Not sure what metrics they used but that would align with the sort of figures I would have guessed too.

Violence is the problem everywhere and everyone deserves protection, I’ve never been a fan of selective protection, especially when you are leaving out the demographic that makes up most of the victims.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2021 4:49]

I’ve no idea whether you don’t actually know what happened in this case or whether you’re just attempting to draw inappropriate parallels.

She didn’t die in police custody. She was kidnapped, raped, murdered, burned by a serving police officer who used his warrant card to pretend to arrest her. That police officer had a history of sexual misconduct, had three (that we know about) reports of indecent exposure including one from a few weeks earlier to the murder, was nicknamed ‘the rapist’, shared what papers are describing as ‘deeply offensive’ misogynistic, racist and homophobic messages with other serving police officers, (a total of 16 officers are now being investigated, and three officers are actually now subject to criminal investigation ) and he was still allowed to remain in position, as an armed police officer as well.

Deaths in police custody are abhorrent but irrelevant here.

There is a culture of misogyny in the Met police that is now culminating in women being told to refuse arrest by a male police officer (told by the Met Police that is).

Random unprovoked violence against men is, again, irrelevant to the matter being discussed.

No one is demonising a whole sex, but it is certainly not a ‘him’ problem. It’s far more endemic than that. In the last decade, 771 accusations have been made against the Met Police of sexual misconduct. Accusations were anything from sexual harassment, sexual assault and rape. Many instances of using police powers to stalk, intimidate and harass women. Women police officers are today stating they are afraid to report male colleagues for fear of physical retribution and, even worse, their male colleagues refusing to attend when they call for help.
It’s come to something when we have London’s police force using instructions to women telling them to flag down a bus if they’re scared of a police officer. The day they say the same to men your post may be relevant. Men are certainly not the demographic that make up most of the victims of sexual violence. They are just almost always the perpetrators.
Sarah Everad on 12:51 - Oct 1 with 937 viewsCountyJim

Sarah Everad on 12:28 - Oct 1 by KeithHaynes

Another stick to beat the police with, today’s advice from the Met that any lone woman being spoken to by a plain clothed detective should call 999 if she is not happy is playing straight in to the hands of those who love drama as a result of instigating interaction with the police.

YouTube awaits.

I would say that's good advice from the old bill for lone women

Can't see a problem with that Keith
Sarah Everad on 12:58 - Oct 1 with 926 viewslondonlisa2001

Sarah Everad on 12:28 - Oct 1 by KeithHaynes

YouTube awaits.

Perhaps today of all days isn’t the time to play the ‘poor police’ card?

Perhaps today is a better day to reflect on the culture that allows a man nicknamed ‘the rapist’ with three allegations of indecent exposure to continue as a serving police officer?

‘Another stick’? Wow. Sickening.
Sarah Everad on 13:24 - Oct 1 with 905 viewsCountyJim

Sarah Everad on 12:58 - Oct 1 by londonlisa2001

Perhaps today is a better day to reflect on the culture that allows a man nicknamed ‘the rapist’ with three allegations of indecent exposure to continue as a serving police officer?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58760933

And it gets even worse by the looks
Sarah Everad on 13:30 - Oct 1 with 890 viewsonehunglow

Sarah Everad on 11:06 - Oct 1 by CountyJim

And yet you go on about religion can't you get it people don't trust the old bill

I go on about Religion alright and with good reason. You are religious and as such can only see one way;that which has been drummed into you. No offence meant Jim.I am hammering ALL religion and not you. I never would. Remember that .
I trust no individual 100% but I also cannot see how every single police officer can be vilified which is what we are seeing.

Without Police,what have we?

Sarah Everad on 13:46 - Oct 1 with 886 viewstrampie

Sarah Everad on 13:24 - Oct 1 by CountyJim

Unfortunately the police does seem to attract some power crazy people, power corrupts, we need more officers that want to do the job for the right reasons and serve the people.

Sarah Everad on 13:48 - Oct 1 with 886 viewscontroversial_jack

He was known to be dodgy, and with a nickname like that. It reinforces my point that all cops close ranks and cover each others backs,
Sarah Everad on 14:00 - Oct 1 with 871 viewstrampie

Sarah Everad on 13:48 - Oct 1 by controversial_jack

He was known to be dodgy, and with a nickname like that. It reinforces my point that all cops close ranks and cover each others backs,

Yes unfortunately they are known for closing rank when it comes to their own, something needs to be done to try and stop this practice.

Sarah Everad on 14:05 - Oct 1 with 865 viewsCountyJim

Sarah Everad on 13:30 - Oct 1 by onehunglow

I go on about Religion alright and with good reason. You are religious and as such can only see one way;that which has been drummed into you. No offence meant Jim.I am hammering ALL religion and not you. I never would. Remember that .
I trust no individual 100% but I also cannot see how every single police officer can be vilified which is what we are seeing.

Without Police,what have we?

And yet every priest is vilified now but the one's I know only do good in the community even offering comfort to people of no religion
Sarah Everad on 14:32 - Oct 1 with 832 viewsDr_Parnassus

Sarah Everad on 12:49 - Oct 1 by londonlisa2001

I’ve no idea whether you don’t actually know what happened in this case or whether you’re just attempting to draw inappropriate parallels.

She didn’t die in police custody. She was kidnapped, raped, murdered, burned by a serving police officer who used his warrant card to pretend to arrest her. That police officer had a history of sexual misconduct, had three (that we know about) reports of indecent exposure including one from a few weeks earlier to the murder, was nicknamed ‘the rapist’, shared what papers are describing as ‘deeply offensive’ misogynistic, racist and homophobic messages with other serving police officers, (a total of 16 officers are now being investigated, and three officers are actually now subject to criminal investigation ) and he was still allowed to remain in position, as an armed police officer as well.

Deaths in police custody are abhorrent but irrelevant here.

There is a culture of misogyny in the Met police that is now culminating in women being told to refuse arrest by a male police officer (told by the Met Police that is).

Random unprovoked violence against men is, again, irrelevant to the matter being discussed.

No one is demonising a whole sex, but it is certainly not a ‘him’ problem. It’s far more endemic than that. In the last decade, 771 accusations have been made against the Met Police of sexual misconduct. Accusations were anything from sexual harassment, sexual assault and rape. Many instances of using police powers to stalk, intimidate and harass women. Women police officers are today stating they are afraid to report male colleagues for fear of physical retribution and, even worse, their male colleagues refusing to attend when they call for help.
It’s come to something when we have London’s police force using instructions to women telling them to flag down a bus if they’re scared of a police officer. The day they say the same to men your post may be relevant. Men are certainly not the demographic that make up most of the victims of sexual violence. They are just almost always the perpetrators.

Of course I know the details, it’s horrific.

What you are saying though is that no woman should be arrested by a male officer off the back of it. So that’s a police custody issue, custody begins at the minute of apprehension and arrest. Be that on the street, in a car or at the station.

So many men have been arrested on trumped up charges in order for police to then beat them, even kill them. But nobody is advocating that men shouldn’t be arrested by men.

This is a police vetting and recruitment issue. While you say everyone should be sacked if they have a history of violence against women, I say they should be if they have a history of violence full stop.

That vetting process would of course have stopped this in its tracks as he would not be an officer with the powers of arrest. Plus of course the majority victims of violence and deaths at the hands of authority figures would also decline, or at least should.

I am sure we have discussed it before and I have given my views on selective protection, I despise it. I just can’t fathom why someone would allow an officer to continue working if he has an extremely violent history against men and sack them if they have a history of violence against women.

Everyone deserves protection and it’s continuously overlooked. It doesn’t have to be a competition. If we are having reviews of policing and reviews of process, then let’s protect every victim, not just a select few.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Sarah Everad on 14:39 - Oct 1 with 833 viewsKeithHaynes

I’m talking about ‘others’ using this situation as an excuse. Like you are doing now. For whatever reason, although I can guess.

Your misinterpretation of what I posted is sickening, and inexcusable to suit your very own and clear agenda.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Sarah Everad on 14:40 - Oct 1 with 829 viewsKeithHaynes

Sarah Everad on 12:51 - Oct 1 by CountyJim

I would say that's good advice from the old bill for lone women

Can't see a problem with that Keith

It is, but that’s not my point.

Sarah Everad on 14:55 - Oct 1 with 804 viewsKeithHaynes

Sarah Everad on 13:24 - Oct 1 by CountyJim

It does look bad Jim, the outcome will no doubt end up in a few people getting the boot. And rightly so if things have gone too far.

Sarah Everad on 14:55 - Oct 1 with 801 viewsKeithHaynes

Sarah Everad on 13:48 - Oct 1 by controversial_jack

All of them ?

Sarah Everad on 15:09 - Oct 1 with 782 viewsYrAlarch

Sarah Everad on 14:55 - Oct 1 by KeithHaynes

All of them ?

Certainly not all of them. And, as you well know, suspicion and evidence are entirely different.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024