Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC Wales 19:57 - Feb 5 with 12513 viewsmax936

Sport online, no mention of our top of the league game, but there's a feature entitled 'Talisman' Moore's goals can lift Cardiff, Report by Rob Phillips, it would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic. They're a complete Embarrassment.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

BBC Wales on 19:55 - Feb 18 with 1829 viewsangryjack

BBC Wales on 19:21 - Feb 18 by onehunglow

God knows Ive been critical of my home city but that is because it upsets me to see it decline over the years.
Swansea has always played second fiddle to Cardiff but for a city of 250,000 Swansea is clearly ignored whenever posisble.I dont live down there so I see it more objectively and it stinks.
In my region,we have 2 mega cities in Liverpool and Manchester. Mancs tend to think they held sway but not now ,mainly because Liverpool wouldn't have it.Rivalry is on a par with Swansea and Cardiff . BBC north west IS based in Manchester

That's why I hate calling myself welsh if anyone asks me I'm British....Wales is all about Cardiff..
BBC Wales on 19:59 - Feb 18 with 1801 viewsonehunglow

BBC Wales on 19:55 - Feb 18 by angryjack

That's why I hate calling myself welsh if anyone asks me I'm British....Wales is all about Cardiff..

Mr Angry
Ive said many times that Wales is a divided.
East west-north south-urban rural.
and rygby v football

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

BBC Wales on 20:15 - Feb 18 with 1779 viewsBoundy

Fek em , what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

BBC Wales on 23:10 - Feb 18 with 1694 viewsBrynmill_Jack

BBC Wales on 19:38 - Feb 18 by pencoedjack

Strange the head of BBC sport was born in Haverford West.

Must of been brainwashed whilst working on the echo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/aboutthebbc/cymruwales/about/how-we-work/geoff-williams

Haverfordwest County are nicknamed bluebirds

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

BBC Wales on 23:44 - Feb 18 with 1669 viewsReslovenSwan1

If you do not want to be called Welsh then do not call your self Welsh. British is on your passport. There are plenty of non Welsh teams you can support. Bristol City is the closest and they are quite good.

Wise sage since Toshack era

BBC Wales on 03:57 - Feb 19 with 1638 viewsRonaldStump

I'm a Jack not welsh!

Swansea Born and Bread

Defund the BBC

(He She Him)

BBC Wales on 08:05 - Feb 19 with 1562 viewsBrynmill_Jack

BBC Wales on 23:44 - Feb 18 by ReslovenSwan1

If you do not want to be called Welsh then do not call your self Welsh. British is on your passport. There are plenty of non Welsh teams you can support. Bristol City is the closest and they are quite good.

British is our birthright - it’s what we are.

“Welsh“ is the Anglo Saxon name they labelled us with - meaning foreigner.

You have no idea about anything have you?

BBC Wales on 08:06 - Feb 19 with 1560 viewsangryjack

I do call myself British not welsh...and for you there plenty teams nearer you you could support maybe Severn sisters over the hill or glynneath.nothing to do what football team I support with more English players than welsh.its asbouti don't class myself welsh..simple is that OK with you..
Login to get fewer ads

BBC Wales on 10:10 - Feb 19 with 1506 viewsBoundy

You obviously haven't been watching them recently

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

BBC Wales on 13:01 - Feb 19 with 1451 viewsReslovenSwan1

BBC Wales on 08:05 - Feb 19 by Brynmill_Jack

British is our birthright - it’s what we are.

“Welsh“ is the Anglo Saxon name they labelled us with - meaning foreigner.

You have no idea about anything have you?

British is a name for all people living on this island including Africans Indians Pakistanis and now a million or two east Europeans. They are all British.

I am Cymro and proud of it. You may not be. That is perferctly acceptable. It is interesting that people who accept being racially abused by English people with sheep stuff at the same time claim to to be British not Welsh. Anglophile Welsh peole tend to become more Welsh when they leave the place. Many never do of course if they start a family at a young age.

Its an English speaking world and the English word fro Cymru is Wales. They can call us what they like as long as it does break the law. We call it Germany in English but their name is Deutchland .

BBC Wales on 13:10 - Feb 19 with 1437 viewsBadlands

Maybe 'Wales' would be about more if there weren't so many shrinking violets.
I accept I am British when there is no other choice.
I am Welsh, I was a Citizen of the EU, I am being forced into a returning to be a British 'subject' of an unelected hereditary, god chosen, monarch.
How many people make a stand and write to the WoL And BBC Wales about their dreadful bias? Not many as I have found out from responses to my complaints in the past.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

BBC Wales on 13:16 - Feb 19 with 1434 viewsReslovenSwan1

BBC Wales on 08:06 - Feb 19 by angryjack

I do call myself British not welsh...and for you there plenty teams nearer you you could support maybe Severn sisters over the hill or glynneath.nothing to do what football team I support with more English players than welsh.its asbouti don't class myself welsh..simple is that OK with you..

If you are white skinned and local and consider yourself non Welsh then I regard you as predominantly English if that is alright with you. You probably have English heritage searching for work a few decades ago I would imagine. It could go back to times of the industrial revolution 1830s or so. You have not assimilated into identifying with your local surroundings.

There is nothing unusual about this. The status of British is a catch all meaning all ethnic group have equal status.

I lived in Turkey and their approach has been disastrous with an on going simmering civil war. According to the state all Turkish citizen are classed as Turks, Kurds object and say 'I a not a Turk but a Kurd'. They should have a catch all name like Anatolians which covers people of Turkish, Kurdish and Arabic heritage who live there.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2021 13:17]

BBC Wales on 13:54 - Feb 19 with 1415 viewsonehunglow

BBC Wales on 13:01 - Feb 19 by ReslovenSwan1

British is a name for all people living on this island including Africans Indians Pakistanis and now a million or two east Europeans. They are all British.

I am Cymro and proud of it. You may not be. That is perferctly acceptable. It is interesting that people who accept being racially abused by English people with sheep stuff at the same time claim to to be British not Welsh. Anglophile Welsh peole tend to become more Welsh when they leave the place. Many never do of course if they start a family at a young age.

Its an English speaking world and the English word fro Cymru is Wales. They can call us what they like as long as it does break the law. We call it Germany in English but their name is Deutchland .

Utterly wrong and here s why.
I am Welsh born and bred.100% welsh stock and Cardy at that.

Having moved away ,I feel less Welsh with every passing year as I realise nationalism leads to strife ,division,conflict and war.

Looking at the quite naked racist hate shown to English people, I d say us Welsh are as hypocricial as is possible to be.And no hame in that as all of us are hypocrites ;it is simply a matter of degrees.

In fact,thinking about it,I feel pretty ashamed to be Welsh if the criteria of some is to be believed.

BBC Wales on 14:20 - Feb 19 with 1412 viewsangryjack

BBC Wales on 13:16 - Feb 19 by ReslovenSwan1

If you are white skinned and local and consider yourself non Welsh then I regard you as predominantly English if that is alright with you. You probably have English heritage searching for work a few decades ago I would imagine. It could go back to times of the industrial revolution 1830s or so. You have not assimilated into identifying with your local surroundings.

There is nothing unusual about this. The status of British is a catch all meaning all ethnic group have equal status.

I lived in Turkey and their approach has been disastrous with an on going simmering civil war. According to the state all Turkish citizen are classed as Turks, Kurds object and say 'I a not a Turk but a Kurd'. They should have a catch all name like Anatolians which covers people of Turkish, Kurdish and Arabic heritage who live there.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2021 13:17]

What a load if boll@x...lol...I'm British full stop..Wales is all about Cardiff and forget rest of Wales London is my capital..I am white skinned and consider myself British not welsh..end of nothing to do with no industrial revolution.. Stop smoking crack
BBC Wales on 14:46 - Feb 19 with 1403 viewsReslovenSwan1

BBC Wales on 13:54 - Feb 19 by onehunglow

Utterly wrong and here s why.
I am Welsh born and bred.100% welsh stock and Cardy at that.

Having moved away ,I feel less Welsh with every passing year as I realise nationalism leads to strife ,division,conflict and war.

Looking at the quite naked racist hate shown to English people, I d say us Welsh are as hypocricial as is possible to be.And no hame in that as all of us are hypocrites ;it is simply a matter of degrees.

In fact,thinking about it,I feel pretty ashamed to be Welsh if the criteria of some is to be believed.

This is a perfectly reasonable post. You do not love your own country and prefer to be neutral in some way. Moving away usuallly increases patriotism. I lived in Turkey and understand the politics of assimilation.

Wales / Cymru in fact is the poster boy example for all other nations. A nation with a flag a parliament sports teams etc. No strife, no violence just happy co-existance snce 1702 at least when the Union was formed. The Kurds would give they right arm for what we have. So would the USA indigionous folk and the Austrailian indigenous people. The Palestinains, The Muslims in China. Various groups in France Spain Belgium. I actually congratulate the English for belatedly seeing this, The English want to be English not British. British is the rainbow nation of the Commonwealth.

I have seen no race hate to English people at all the other way around in fact. Nothing too bad in all honesty. People of low self worth tend to blame themselves.

BBC Wales on 14:52 - Feb 19 with 1399 viewsReslovenSwan1

BBC Wales on 14:20 - Feb 19 by angryjack

What a load if boll@x...lol...I'm British full stop..Wales is all about Cardiff and forget rest of Wales London is my capital..I am white skinned and consider myself British not welsh..end of nothing to do with no industrial revolution.. Stop smoking crack

what is your heritage? I suspect it is English and you have maintained through the family line a Anglophone perspective.

Why are you angry about this? . It is perfectly normal. Its got nothing to do wih Cardiff. Your allegencies are English and your capital is London. Why not accept it.

BBC Wales on 14:53 - Feb 19 with 1391 viewsonehunglow

BBC Wales on 14:46 - Feb 19 by ReslovenSwan1

This is a perfectly reasonable post. You do not love your own country and prefer to be neutral in some way. Moving away usuallly increases patriotism. I lived in Turkey and understand the politics of assimilation.

Wales / Cymru in fact is the poster boy example for all other nations. A nation with a flag a parliament sports teams etc. No strife, no violence just happy co-existance snce 1702 at least when the Union was formed. The Kurds would give they right arm for what we have. So would the USA indigionous folk and the Austrailian indigenous people. The Palestinains, The Muslims in China. Various groups in France Spain Belgium. I actually congratulate the English for belatedly seeing this, The English want to be English not British. British is the rainbow nation of the Commonwealth.

I have seen no race hate to English people at all the other way around in fact. Nothing too bad in all honesty. People of low self worth tend to blame themselves.

Many English see English synonymous with British and it annoys me to be sure. They really should take more care.Even today I pull up friend over this England/Britain thing.That's just me though.

Most English people aren't bothered about their nationalism until somebody questions them over it or when it comes to sport.Then it kicks in.

BBC Wales on 15:38 - Feb 19 with 1376 viewsangryjack

BBC Wales on 14:52 - Feb 19 by ReslovenSwan1

what is your heritage? I suspect it is English and you have maintained through the family line a Anglophone perspective.

Why are you angry about this? . It is perfectly normal. Its got nothing to do wih Cardiff. Your allegencies are English and your capital is London. Why not accept it.

As far as I know it's Welsh heritage and maybe a bit of French on the old girls side further back down line,my allegencies are British..why don't you accept that..
BBC Wales on 16:46 - Feb 19 with 1360 viewsBrynmill_Jack

BBC Wales on 13:01 - Feb 19 by ReslovenSwan1

Before all others were the Britons. You should be proud of being part of that history. And also proud to share that history with as many other races that make up the country and also proudly call themselves British.

Your logic is completely flawed and you gleefully jump into the pigeonhole created for you yelling “that showed ‘em!”. Idiotic

BBC Wales on 18:07 - Feb 19 with 1328 viewsReslovenSwan1

BBC Wales on 16:46 - Feb 19 by Brynmill_Jack

Before all others were the Britons. You should be proud of being part of that history. And also proud to share that history with as many other races that make up the country and also proudly call themselves British.

Your logic is completely flawed and you gleefully jump into the pigeonhole created for you yelling “that showed ‘em!”. Idiotic

You have fallen into an English narrative. If you follow any history on things like the BBC you will notice that Celtic people are now described as ancient Britons. Some even argue online that Celtic people do not exist. English people are not so meek as describing themselves as Anglo Saxons. I would follow you logic perhaps if English Britons learned ancient British languages like Welsh in schools. It is them that see Welsh (British) as alien to them. Everything Welsh is anglicised.

I went to a cafe in Kent and had a 'traditional tea cake" in the cafe there. I told the lady it was like the Welsh 'Bara brith'. She said it was bara brith but presented in an anglisied form for the punters.

The historian Starkey is the worst. He will happiliy downgrade Celtic contibutions to various wars saying they were predominantly English victories and describing them as English victories.

BBC Wales on 18:25 - Feb 19 with 1317 viewspencoedjack

BBC Wales on 18:07 - Feb 19 by ReslovenSwan1

You have fallen into an English narrative. If you follow any history on things like the BBC you will notice that Celtic people are now described as ancient Britons. Some even argue online that Celtic people do not exist. English people are not so meek as describing themselves as Anglo Saxons. I would follow you logic perhaps if English Britons learned ancient British languages like Welsh in schools. It is them that see Welsh (British) as alien to them. Everything Welsh is anglicised.

I went to a cafe in Kent and had a 'traditional tea cake" in the cafe there. I told the lady it was like the Welsh 'Bara brith'. She said it was bara brith but presented in an anglisied form for the punters.

The historian Starkey is the worst. He will happiliy downgrade Celtic contibutions to various wars saying they were predominantly English victories and describing them as English victories.

Fair dos Kent cafe workers know their stuff.
BBC Wales on 19:28 - Feb 19 with 1283 viewsjack_lord

BBC Wales on 11:14 - Feb 9 by onehunglow

Not to all she wasn't Jase.
She won 3 elections and was/is still seen as our greatet ever Prime Minister.Depends where you live really.

Im rather meh over her. She did some good thing for sure and also some pretty bad.

Devil is a word Id use for those who support our country's enemies,like Corbyn ,McDonnell,Abbott etc.

The strike was 36 years ago,well before many on here were born.

My opinion is the one that matters to me and there are, obviously others available.

I joined the forces the day the strike began. All that strife those miners experienced while I was being trained for Queen and Country. One of the biggest things that struck me to the core was the officers telling me to vote Conservative as we had been promised a pay rise.

I don't see Abbott as an enemy though there have to be better candidates for office.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

BBC Wales on 09:29 - Feb 20 with 1184 viewsBrynmill_Jack

BBC Wales on 18:07 - Feb 19 by ReslovenSwan1

The one thing I’ll agree with you on - Starkey seems to hate any history bar English regarding the uk 🇬🇧

BBC Wales on 09:47 - Feb 20 with 1164 viewsonehunglow

BBC Wales on 19:28 - Feb 19 by jack_lord

My opinion is the one that matters to me and there are, obviously others available.

I joined the forces the day the strike began. All that strife those miners experienced while I was being trained for Queen and Country. One of the biggest things that struck me to the core was the officers telling me to vote Conservative as we had been promised a pay rise.

I don't see Abbott as an enemy though there have to be better candidates for office.

Most police officers voted conservative because most labour councils were seen as anti police.Liverpool had an horrendous woman a chairman of the Police Authority who made it her duty to make everyday life for working thief taking police a nightmare.
London ha Bernie Grant
Sheffield,Manchester,Hull,Newcastle people of the same ilk.

Police were leaving the service in their thousands in the 70s and many of constable rank couldnt make ends meet.Police house or not. It took kits toll. Many had part time job .

Nott miners ,of course,saw matters differently,especially the ones who whose kids were hammered and harrassed by Arthur's army of thugs.

Yep,best forgotten so why don't you

BBC Wales on 17:21 - Feb 20 with 1090 viewsTreforys_Jack

Bet we'll get a mention now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024