Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are going backwards... 21:22 - Nov 29 with 7643 viewsThrasher6

At a rate of knots......tried to shut it out in some sort of self denial....awful. Fulham just laughed at us...it was so easy....

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

We are going backwards... on 00:36 - Nov 30 with 1569 viewsTreforys_Jack

Football is a results business but its also an entertainment business and I actually enjoyed the game more than I've enjoyed most this season.
We are going backwards... on 00:38 - Nov 30 with 1569 viewstheloneranger

When Fulham were relegated, they gave Mitrovic a new and improved contract. He's on better money now than when they were in the Premier League.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

We are going backwards... on 00:59 - Nov 30 with 1547 viewsclloy2

We are going backwards... on 23:03 - Nov 29 by swancity

Cobblers

We deserved the three points. Certainly played well enough to win that game. Room for improvement but that was overall a good performance against one of the favourites to win the League.

Balance in central midfield still isn’t right however and that’s a concern.

Absolutely correct- our midfield id powder puff. No physicality, no atheliticism, we are gash.
We cant fight our way out off a paper bag
We are going backwards... on 01:33 - Nov 30 with 1516 viewslonglostjack

We are going backwards... on 22:26 - Nov 29 by Fireboy2

This ^

I would have scored their two goals.

We played well and deserved at least a draw.

The game would have gone differently if surridge had scored early doors but you get fvck all for ifs and coulda and woulda.

Bloody frustrating.

Sensible post amongst all the nonsense posted. Thought we took too long to press Fulham in the first half. They were vulnerable. Sturridge really got into the game after about 20 mins and made a couple of good runs but wasn’t picked up. Ayew was good going forward. Needed cover behind him and you could see him looking back and wasn’t there. He looked knackered second half. Frustrating cos there’s not an awful lot wrong if only we had a decent midfield. Get the armband off Grimes - it’s killing his game.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

(No subject) (n/t) on 07:19 - Nov 30 with 1441 viewsBrynmill_Jack

We are going backwards... on 21:43 - Nov 29 by CopaMundial

In which way have we been unlucky, is unlucky another term for piss poor finishing.

Look at the way Byers “shot” at goal, tried to side foot it in whereas the Fulham didn’t mess about. Just got the job done.
I can’t see how people can say we’ve got a p*ss poor midfield on one hand and deserved to win the game on the other.
We raise our game against Cardiff and can’t bring anything like that intensity against any other side at home this season, even against Millwall at home when we had the chance to get into the top 2. It’s not just Coopers fault, the lack of urgency and desire really worries me.
At least some can see Byers is an absolute crock of sh*te though. The new Richie Appleby.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2019 7:35]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

We are going backwards... on 08:42 - Nov 30 with 1397 viewsThornburyswan

We are going backwards... on 23:36 - Nov 29 by Dr_Winston

In no way whatsoever did Fulham control the game. It was one of our better home performances of the season. They were clinical, we were not, and that was the difference.

Had we played against Millwall like we did today we'd have smashed them.

This. If (& that’s a big if) we play like this at home for the rest of the season we will win plenty of matches.

For me we’ve generally had the better of Lady Luck so far this season & picked up more points than our play/performance warranted, last night she didn’t smile on us - a draw would have been about right in my opinion.

Cooper has done ok so far & we are better positioned, in league terms, than I expected back in August. I still expect us to finish somewhere between 12th - 17th. We are not good/strong enough on or off the pitch to go up.

Exiting Cooper would be pointless & a further waste of money we don’t have - if we have a way back up to the Prem it will only happen following a sale of the club.
We are going backwards... on 09:19 - Nov 30 with 1367 viewsDr_Winston

We are going backwards... on 00:19 - Nov 30 by NotLoyal

Prove I'm wrong.

You're the one making the accusation. Burden of proof lies with you.

From what I've worked out myself using the publically available figures (and from what I've been told in private by people who would definitely know) there aren't millions to take.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:23 - Nov 30 with 1357 viewsBadlands

(No subject) (n/t) on 07:19 - Nov 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Look at the way Byers “shot” at goal, tried to side foot it in whereas the Fulham didn’t mess about. Just got the job done.
I can’t see how people can say we’ve got a p*ss poor midfield on one hand and deserved to win the game on the other.
We raise our game against Cardiff and can’t bring anything like that intensity against any other side at home this season, even against Millwall at home when we had the chance to get into the top 2. It’s not just Coopers fault, the lack of urgency and desire really worries me.
At least some can see Byers is an absolute crock of sh*te though. The new Richie Appleby.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2019 7:35]

TBF He tried to place the ball.
Both Fulham goals found Mirtroic in the right place (good poaching or just good luck??)

We hit the woodwork and the ball went out of play, they hit the woodwork and the ball feel at the feet of their striker.
Petereson's way ward pass opened our defence, Their poor passes (there were few tbf) ran out of play.
We had more attempts on goal than in the our last 4 home games combined (excluding Carddd).
Fulham allowed us to play because that's their style and that gave us time on the ball - the likes of Millwall gave players no time. It is Cooper's job to improve our players so they perform against different styles. But he is not.
It is also the manager's job to prepare the team, physically, tactically and mentally - he does not.
Agree on Byers .. add Grimes to the list.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

We are going backwards... on 09:25 - Nov 30 with 1356 viewsjack247

I thought we played really well last night. It was certainly a step up from the last two performances, though granted they were both pretty poor.

One of those fine margins games and whatever people think about how much we paid for Baston, Mitrovic is a top Championship striker. He had an open goal and very easy chance for a player of his calibre. Not a knock at Surridge at all, I think he should be starting, but had Mitrovic been up front for us, I’m sure he’d have thrown his head at that chance from Ayews delicious outside of the foot cross and it would have been a different story.

Turning point was Petersons sloppy pass that led to their second, I thought he’d been playing really well up until then.

If (and it’s a big if given our erratic form) we can keep playing like that, we can make the playoffs.
We are going backwards... on 09:29 - Nov 30 with 1353 viewsDr_Winston

We are going backwards... on 08:42 - Nov 30 by Thornburyswan

This. If (& that’s a big if) we play like this at home for the rest of the season we will win plenty of matches.

For me we’ve generally had the better of Lady Luck so far this season & picked up more points than our play/performance warranted, last night she didn’t smile on us - a draw would have been about right in my opinion.

Cooper has done ok so far & we are better positioned, in league terms, than I expected back in August. I still expect us to finish somewhere between 12th - 17th. We are not good/strong enough on or off the pitch to go up.

Exiting Cooper would be pointless & a further waste of money we don’t have - if we have a way back up to the Prem it will only happen following a sale of the club.

Generally agree.

I don't think the squad is as weak as most would appear to. Have regularly said that with extra quality in the middle pulling it all together we're at least as good as most teams fighting at the top end.

Youre right that the talk of removing Cooper at this point is just dumb. There are things about the way he goes about his business that are frustrating, but he needs at least another one window to try and rectify certain issues. If we were playing like this with last season's squad he'd have no excuses.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

We are going backwards... on 10:29 - Nov 30 with 1292 viewsTenbySwan

We are going backwards... on 09:19 - Nov 30 by Dr_Winston

You're the one making the accusation. Burden of proof lies with you.

From what I've worked out myself using the publically available figures (and from what I've been told in private by people who would definitely know) there aren't millions to take.

If they published full accounts we would all know the truth.

Glazers bought Man Utd for 800m debt, the debt was down to below 200m but now back up over 1bn, with 100s of millions charged to the club in Director fees.

Is that the business model that is being followed?
We are going backwards... on 11:01 - Nov 30 with 1255 viewsHighjack

We are going backwards... on 09:25 - Nov 30 by jack247

I thought we played really well last night. It was certainly a step up from the last two performances, though granted they were both pretty poor.

One of those fine margins games and whatever people think about how much we paid for Baston, Mitrovic is a top Championship striker. He had an open goal and very easy chance for a player of his calibre. Not a knock at Surridge at all, I think he should be starting, but had Mitrovic been up front for us, I’m sure he’d have thrown his head at that chance from Ayews delicious outside of the foot cross and it would have been a different story.

Turning point was Petersons sloppy pass that led to their second, I thought he’d been playing really well up until then.

If (and it’s a big if given our erratic form) we can keep playing like that, we can make the playoffs.

Peterson looked gutted at himself walking off, was just apologising all the way around the pitch. I hope he gets a bit of confidence and is able to show what he can do because it’s clear he’s got talent and he obviously cares which is more than we can say about a lot of the mercenaries we’ve had in recent years.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

We are going backwards... on 11:04 - Nov 30 with 1255 viewsFireboy2

We are going backwards... on 08:42 - Nov 30 by Thornburyswan

Great post thorny 👍
We are going backwards... on 11:34 - Nov 30 with 1222 viewsjack247

We are going backwards... on 11:01 - Nov 30 by Highjack

Peterson looked gutted at himself walking off, was just apologising all the way around the pitch. I hope he gets a bit of confidence and is able to show what he can do because it’s clear he’s got talent and he obviously cares which is more than we can say about a lot of the mercenaries we’ve had in recent years.

Yeah, his confidence visibly drained after the goal. He’d been impressive before it. Needs to be able to shake that kind of thing off, it’s going to happen every now and then.
We are going backwards... on 11:38 - Nov 30 with 1216 viewsBrynmill_Jack

We are going backwards... on 11:01 - Nov 30 by Highjack

Well at least it shows that he cares. I'm thinking that we've overrated him a tad, just like we did Van Der Gun. I hope Kalulu gets back next game as we are crying out for pace out wide. We have zero threat without it.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:05 - Nov 30 with 1180 viewsJoe_bradshaw

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:23 - Nov 30 by Badlands

TBF He tried to place the ball.
Both Fulham goals found Mirtroic in the right place (good poaching or just good luck??)

We hit the woodwork and the ball went out of play, they hit the woodwork and the ball feel at the feet of their striker.
Petereson's way ward pass opened our defence, Their poor passes (there were few tbf) ran out of play.
We had more attempts on goal than in the our last 4 home games combined (excluding Carddd).
Fulham allowed us to play because that's their style and that gave us time on the ball - the likes of Millwall gave players no time. It is Cooper's job to improve our players so they perform against different styles. But he is not.
It is also the manager's job to prepare the team, physically, tactically and mentally - he does not.
Agree on Byers .. add Grimes to the list.

It's not luck with Mitrovic. He's very good at what he does. He scored a fair few in their relegation season and by keeping him they are reaping the rewards of his class. 15 goals by the end of November is very impressive. He may be a scumbag but he's a very handy scumbag to have in your team. He'll probably fire them to promotion.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

We are going backwards... on 12:09 - Nov 30 with 1166 viewsSwansea93

Let's hope Kalulu gets firing for us...

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

We are going backwards... on 14:06 - Nov 30 with 1105 viewsdonnybackspin

I actually enjoyed the game last night and thought we had improved. Surridge should have scored and Peterson gifted them the ball fof their second.

I agree that Grimes is no captain and I would like to see Caroll replace him in the starting line up with VDH taking the captaincy.

We are desperate for Kalulu to return as there is no width down the right. Peterson will come good and I would like to see Ayew upfront with Celinia behind him.

We need a controlling midfielder and then we could push for the playoffs, but unless we change the owners we will never be good enough for the Premier League.

But one of the positives this year is the away trips have been great fun and very rewarding.

Hope to see lots of Jacks at West Brom away.
We are going backwards... on 14:27 - Nov 30 with 1081 viewsdameedna

That Peterson mistake was costly. Fine margins. Byers had some very good chances and Surridges early miss/save was sublime.
We are going backwards... on 17:05 - Nov 30 with 1029 viewsmonmouth

We are going backwards... on 14:06 - Nov 30 by donnybackspin

I actually enjoyed the game last night and thought we had improved. Surridge should have scored and Peterson gifted them the ball fof their second.

I agree that Grimes is no captain and I would like to see Caroll replace him in the starting line up with VDH taking the captaincy.

We are desperate for Kalulu to return as there is no width down the right. Peterson will come good and I would like to see Ayew upfront with Celinia behind him.

We need a controlling midfielder and then we could push for the playoffs, but unless we change the owners we will never be good enough for the Premier League.

But one of the positives this year is the away trips have been great fun and very rewarding.

Hope to see lots of Jacks at West Brom away.

I agree with all of that. We are what we are, we aren't going to do a lot different all season. Some ups some downs. Anywhere between about fifth and fifteenth, May as well settle down and enjoy it. If we play like that we'll be in with a shout in most games, I think the unbeaten away record will probably end next weekend though.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

We are going backwards... on 17:08 - Nov 30 with 1004 viewsBillyChong

There’s a lot of pressure on Peterson having been our big marquee signing over the summer
We are going backwards... on 17:36 - Nov 30 with 958 viewsmonmouth

We are going backwards... on 17:08 - Nov 30 by BillyChong

There’s a lot of pressure on Peterson having been our big marquee signing over the summer

He needs to get back on the horse as soon as poss. Or rather, be put back on the horse by Cooper.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

We are going backwards... on 19:34 - Nov 30 with 851 viewsSwanjaxs

Bye bye the top six.

It's been a blast.

Swanjaxs prediction.

A below mid table finish. 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

We are going backwards... on 19:48 - Nov 30 with 837 viewsskettyparkherbert

We are going backwards... on 17:36 - Nov 30 by monmouth

He needs to get back on the horse as soon as poss. Or rather, be put back on the horse by Cooper.

Another lightweight player for me and we are carrying far too many to tough games out especially if we have to chase a game.

Routs, Dyer, Dhanda, Mcay, Celina, Caroll,Kalula.

I would also take the captaincy off Grimes and give it back to Vdh or Ayew its getting a very heavy crown for him to wear.

We deserved at least a point last night but our home form is shocking really and you can see the players are lacking confidence when the pressure is coming from fans venting our frustrations in the stands.

Worst case scenario now is to loose our unbeaten away record with a good hiding at a very good West Brom and start slipping down the table as the games come thick and fast, but everyone is expecting us to get beaten at WB but if we can find a performance you never know but its not looking good.
We are going backwards... on 19:53 - Nov 30 with 821 viewsDarran

We are going backwards... on 19:34 - Nov 30 by Swanjaxs

Bye bye the top six.

It's been a blast.

Swanjaxs prediction.

A below mid table finish. 👍

And Cardiff will be above us by the time we next play. 👀

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024