Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
N'Gog deal done 14:50 - Jan 27 with 20349 viewsGaz_M

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/ngog-joins-swansea-1319856.aspx

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/dn-joins-1319873.aspx

Actually, I think he'll do well here.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2014 14:51]
N'Gog deal done on 15:14 - Apr 2 with 2607 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

N'Gog deal done on 15:11 - Apr 2 by ItchySphincter

I think we can do better but I don't base my opinion on his goal against C*rdiff. He's an AM rather than an out an out striker and his record in a struggling Middlesbrough side isn't the only gauge, he's also had hot streaks for them. Danny Graham is struggling to score goals for them but did fine here. Deserves a chance to prove himself imo.

The words 'deserves a chance to prove himself' etc are being spouted too much around our club. We are already giving our centre back a 'chance to prove himself' as a manager of a Premier League club, a club which is run on a shoestring compared to most and is undoubtedly a very difficult job.

We should be signing players who improve our squad, preferably ones who improve our starting 11. How else are we going to improve? Marvin doesn't improve our matchday squad let alone the starting 11.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

N'Gog deal done on 15:21 - Apr 2 with 2587 viewsItchySphincter

Ok, I think a squad with Emnes is better than a squad without. I don't expect him to improve the first 11 necessarily but provide a good option from the bench to replace a winger, AM or at a push add a striker.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

N'Gog deal done on 16:29 - Apr 2 with 2482 viewsLeonisGod

N'Gog deal done on 15:21 - Apr 2 by ItchySphincter

Ok, I think a squad with Emnes is better than a squad without. I don't expect him to improve the first 11 necessarily but provide a good option from the bench to replace a winger, AM or at a push add a striker.

Indeed. His movement against Cardiff in the first half caused problems and showed what we'd been lacking. On the wing he's been less impressive. Michu will always have the AM spot nailed on, but at the time when we were hammered with injuries and needed some short-term cover I can see the sense in bringing Emnes in.
N'Gog deal done on 16:35 - Apr 2 with 2468 viewsShaky

Ahead of Poz? I beg to differ.

Anybody remember Poz? What's he up to these days I wonder; anybody know?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

N'Gog deal done on 16:39 - Apr 2 with 2459 viewsApeShit

Attacking midfield is the least of our worries.
N'Gog deal done on 16:47 - Apr 2 with 2437 viewsDr_Winston

N'Gog deal done on 14:05 - Apr 2 by snork44

I would prefer an Emnes over Vasquez any day. Emnes has pace and unpredictability that Alvaro can only dream of!

I'd prefer losing a leg instead of losing an arm, but ideally I'd prefer neither.

Wasn't good enough last time he was here, has done very little in the game time he's had to convince otherwise. If either of them are still at this club next season then someone will have royally f*cked up.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

N'Gog deal done on 18:13 - Apr 2 with 2329 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

N'Gog deal done on 16:47 - Apr 2 by Dr_Winston

I'd prefer losing a leg instead of losing an arm, but ideally I'd prefer neither.

Wasn't good enough last time he was here, has done very little in the game time he's had to convince otherwise. If either of them are still at this club next season then someone will have royally f*cked up.

Sense at last. Ngog should be nowhere near our club either. I never understand why we sign players who we know won't improve us at all. I'm almost sure Laudrup didn't go to Huw and ask for us to sign Emnes and Ngog, so why were they signed? Oh, that's right, we have a chairman who likes to actively sign players himself.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

N'Gog deal done on 19:12 - Apr 2 with 2237 viewsSwansNZ

N'Gog deal done on 14:05 - Apr 2 by snork44

I would prefer an Emnes over Vasquez any day. Emnes has pace and unpredictability that Alvaro can only dream of!

Vazquez played well last Saturday

Emnes has not proved anything. He played quite well agasint a sh1ty scum side for one half (not really even that long).

We need to be looking for better than Emnes, or anyone else from Middlesbro'

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Login to get fewer ads

N'Gog deal done on 19:13 - Apr 2 with 2226 viewsSwansNZ

N'Gog deal done on 16:35 - Apr 2 by Shaky

Ahead of Poz? I beg to differ.

Anybody remember Poz? What's he up to these days I wonder; anybody know?

Refusing to play for us after ML was sacked

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

N'Gog deal done on 23:17 - Apr 2 with 2030 viewsJackSomething

N'Gog deal done on 18:13 - Apr 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Sense at last. Ngog should be nowhere near our club either. I never understand why we sign players who we know won't improve us at all. I'm almost sure Laudrup didn't go to Huw and ask for us to sign Emnes and Ngog, so why were they signed? Oh, that's right, we have a chairman who likes to actively sign players himself.

While I agree we should have signed better than both, it seems like the board panicked once it became clear our manager at the time had no interest in making any signings, despite our poor league position. Not a situation that reflects well on anyone involved.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

N'Gog deal done on 06:46 - Apr 3 with 1932 viewsDr_Winston

N'Gog deal done on 23:17 - Apr 2 by JackSomething

While I agree we should have signed better than both, it seems like the board panicked once it became clear our manager at the time had no interest in making any signings, despite our poor league position. Not a situation that reflects well on anyone involved.

Most likely scenario.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

N'Gog deal done on 08:37 - Apr 3 with 1856 viewsDrizzle

Well if the only options were Ngog and Emnes I'm not surprised he wasn't interested in making any signings.
N'Gog deal done on 08:42 - Apr 3 with 1846 viewsDr_Winston

N'Gog deal done on 08:37 - Apr 3 by Drizzle

Well if the only options were Ngog and Emnes I'm not surprised he wasn't interested in making any signings.

Were they the only options full stop or the only options left to us once it became apparent that Laudrup wasn't interested in signing anyone that didn't come via Bayram?

I don't doubt that Emnes was a Huwbert idea but there were enough other players being mooted to suggest that they weren't our only targets.

N'Gog deal done on 08:48 - Apr 3 with 1843 viewsDrizzle

N'Gog deal done on 08:42 - Apr 3 by Dr_Winston

Were they the only options full stop or the only options left to us once it became apparent that Laudrup wasn't interested in signing anyone that didn't come via Bayram?

I don't doubt that Emnes was a Huwbert idea but there were enough other players being mooted to suggest that they weren't our only targets.

Horses for courses. Laudrup has 'his' players. Schecter, Vasquez etc. Laudrup wanted to sell Williams allegedly. He had limited success with bringing in players. Maybe Laudrup had no interest in signing who was available. I don't know, this is all conjecture.
N'Gog deal done on 09:58 - Apr 3 with 1805 viewsperchrockjack

Emnes signing was questionable but Ngog s really is bizarre. I d be surprised if he plays more than 30 mins for us this season. No sense no logic but if we stay up it ll be a good debate. Anyway I agree with DR w and the other chap.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

N'Gog deal done on 11:34 - Apr 3 with 1766 viewsSwanzay

N'Gog deal done on 19:13 - Apr 2 by SwansNZ

Refusing to play for us after ML was sacked

Surely not?
N'Gog deal done on 11:56 - Apr 3 with 1744 viewsUxbridge

N'Gog deal done on 08:42 - Apr 3 by Dr_Winston

Is he a Jenkins signing? I'd have anyone from Middlesbrough or even lower leagues as a Leadbetter signing. I'd rather hope Jenkins doesn't chose targets at all.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

N'Gog deal done on 12:24 - Apr 3 with 1708 viewsOdgaard

N'Gog deal done on 08:48 - Apr 3 by Drizzle

Horses for courses. Laudrup has 'his' players. Schecter, Vasquez etc. Laudrup wanted to sell Williams allegedly. He had limited success with bringing in players. Maybe Laudrup had no interest in signing who was available. I don't know, this is all conjecture.

There is many many good signings from ML, and still the free ones likes Vasquez and Schecter is the problem? Schecter and Vasquez was ment to be third option.. And Im sorry to say, but selling Williams made sense, he is quite old and got a good value still, but you have to put the sentimentality beside.

Well if nobody with quality to improve your squad why sign them? Ngog and Emnes is not the f'''''' way.. Then rather stick to what you got..Simply as that
N'Gog deal done on 12:38 - Apr 3 with 1685 viewsSpratty

" once it became clear our manager at the time had no interest in making any signings, despite our poor league position"

You present this as a fact. Is there evidence to back this up or is it just conjecture. I recall part of the Laudrup smear campaign claimed he had refused to meet Ince - which was untrue.

It very much depends on availability / freedom to sign players he deemed suitable. I find it hard to perceive that a manager would turn down the opportunity to strengthen the squad unless he wanted to sabotage: the club, the players (who may be important to him in future roles) and his own reputation as a manager.
N'Gog deal done on 12:41 - Apr 3 with 1675 viewsDarran

N'Gog deal done on 12:38 - Apr 3 by Spratty

" once it became clear our manager at the time had no interest in making any signings, despite our poor league position"

You present this as a fact. Is there evidence to back this up or is it just conjecture. I recall part of the Laudrup smear campaign claimed he had refused to meet Ince - which was untrue.

It very much depends on availability / freedom to sign players he deemed suitable. I find it hard to perceive that a manager would turn down the opportunity to strengthen the squad unless he wanted to sabotage: the club, the players (who may be important to him in future roles) and his own reputation as a manager.

Was there any official websites that said he'd refused to meet Ince?
Serious question just wondering.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

N'Gog deal done on 12:42 - Apr 3 with 1667 viewsDr_Winston

N'Gog deal done on 11:56 - Apr 3 by Uxbridge

Is he a Jenkins signing? I'd have anyone from Middlesbrough or even lower leagues as a Leadbetter signing. I'd rather hope Jenkins doesn't chose targets at all.

A drunken director made it quite clear to a friend of mine in Valencia that Jenks is obsessed with Emnes and thought he was the mutts nuts. I have no reason to doubt the accuracy of the story.

N'Gog deal done on 12:51 - Apr 3 with 1658 viewsPrivate_Partz

ML said he did meet ince. He also approved the emnes and ngog deals. Phil confirmed the former and I believe ML stated he heard they were good players.
ML had said he was happy with the squad and any signings would bolster the squad. Not improve the quality.
These are the sort of players we should be looking at. If it goes tits up then we only lose a couple of months wages and it is win win if they recapture former glories or live up to early promise.
I have not been happy very recently with HJ and the board but I do not see much wrong here. HJ can recommend who he likes as long as the manager has the final say. Unfortunately we now only have a Head Coach which is a worry for me.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024