Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
N'Gog deal done 14:50 - Jan 27 with 20346 viewsGaz_M

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/ngog-joins-swansea-1319856.aspx

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/dn-joins-1319873.aspx

Actually, I think he'll do well here.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2014 14:51]
N'Gog deal done on 18:24 - Jan 27 with 3051 viewsmarchamjack

N'Gog deal done on 18:15 - Jan 27 by bwfcdom

Bolton fan here.

You will probably hear things from my fellow fans things such as 'Thanks for taking the worst player I've ever seen off our hands yada yada yada'.

I implore you to ignore them as much as they ignore the facts.

You've got yourself a bargain on a great player. He's quick, the ball sticks to his feet, he bring others in to play and take people on. Yes, there is a lack of goals, I don't think it isn't that he can't finish, at least when he has to do so instictively, the problem being when he has time to think in front of goal.

In our relegation season, our best run of results and performances ( including beating Liverpool, Everton and drawing against Arsenal) were when Ngog was playing as a lone front man. I firmly believe if he were a more permanent fixture in the team we would have stayed up.

Last season, in our terrific end of season run which saw us narrowly miss out on the play offs, Ngog was again at the centre of this.

So, he may not score that many goals but I honestly believe the team played better and the results were better when he was playing.

I just hope your fans have the intelligence to see past the lack of goals.

Cheers

Don't think any of us think he's been brought here to score a stack load of goals, but to maybe play out wide or to come on as a sub for Bony, instead of Vasquez who btw is truly a terrible terrible player. So if he's better than Vasquez (and I think my cat may be a better than him) then he will have improved our squad.

We can always bin him end of season if no good, so not a lot lost I think.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

N'Gog deal done on 18:27 - Jan 27 with 3029 viewspencoedjack

N'Gog deal done on 18:15 - Jan 27 by bwfcdom

Bolton fan here.

You will probably hear things from my fellow fans things such as 'Thanks for taking the worst player I've ever seen off our hands yada yada yada'.

I implore you to ignore them as much as they ignore the facts.

You've got yourself a bargain on a great player. He's quick, the ball sticks to his feet, he bring others in to play and take people on. Yes, there is a lack of goals, I don't think it isn't that he can't finish, at least when he has to do so instictively, the problem being when he has time to think in front of goal.

In our relegation season, our best run of results and performances ( including beating Liverpool, Everton and drawing against Arsenal) were when Ngog was playing as a lone front man. I firmly believe if he were a more permanent fixture in the team we would have stayed up.

Last season, in our terrific end of season run which saw us narrowly miss out on the play offs, Ngog was again at the centre of this.

So, he may not score that many goals but I honestly believe the team played better and the results were better when he was playing.

I just hope your fans have the intelligence to see past the lack of goals.

Thanks Dom.

If you read this thread you can see he has already been hung out to dry by many.

Lot of half glass empty fella's in South West Wales at the moment ,we have lost 5 out of the last 6 to teams in the top 6 see .....
N'Gog deal done on 18:30 - Jan 27 with 3010 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

I am not that impressed with this signing but interesting to hear what the Bolton fan said

I will give him a chance to prove himself. Hopefully he will be busting a gut to get a contract at the end of the season. Like Ngog said "what an opportunity"

Nothing to lose really and he has to be better than Vasquez
N'Gog deal done on 18:31 - Jan 27 with 3008 viewsDrizzy

Sounds like a slightly better Luke Moore.

Probably just what we need at this moment in time.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

N'Gog deal done on 18:31 - Jan 27 with 3010 viewssomersetsimon

N'Gog deal done on 18:02 - Jan 27 by Laudrup

It says so in the article linked to in the OP: http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/dn-joins-1319873.aspx

"Ngog, who trained with his new team-mates for the first time this afternoon, is eligible to feature in Tuesday night’s league fixture with Fulham at the Liberty after he signed before the noon deadline."

I doubt he will feature though, having only had one training session with the squad.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2014 18:03]

If all he manages to do is keep Vasquez out of the match day squad, then he'll be making a valuable contribution!
I was prepared to give Vasquez a chance as he was young, but his confidence seems to be shot to bits and we aren't in a strong enough position at the moment to look after him.
N'Gog deal done on 18:52 - Jan 27 with 2946 viewsmonmouth

N'Gog deal done on 16:19 - Jan 27 by Natasha_Whittam

Greetings! I come from BoltonNuts.co.uk to thank you for taking the worst player in our entire history off our hands.

You boys and girls are in for a treat. Ngog has the co-ordination skills of a blind donkey, the finishing skills of a broken vibrator, and the commitment of the cowardly lion.

Bolton were once an established Premier League team like yourselves, then we turned to David Ngog and were quickly relegated - give us a few more months and we could be in League 1.

The guy is absolutely useless. Needs 10 open goals to get one on target (the keeper will still save it) and has a "couldn't-care-less" attitude that will quickly endear him to the boo boys.

I wish you luck. You'll need it.

I think you've missed the point. We aren't buying him as anything other than a speculative punt from a bust and desperate club that has done everything wrong. How much did you pay Prats again? We already have a first class striker, we don't pay over the odds, we have a team of players that are 10 classes above all of yours and a record for finding unpolished gems. If he don't work out, he's toast. No tears no ties no problems. So I'm afraid your opinion has no merit. On anything.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

N'Gog deal done on 19:16 - Jan 27 with 2901 viewsexiledclaseboy

Nice to see the Bolton fans united in their opinion of Ngog anyway.

Poll: Tory leader

N'Gog deal done on 19:42 - Jan 27 with 2835 viewsGowerjack

N'Gog deal done on 16:19 - Jan 27 by Natasha_Whittam

Greetings! I come from BoltonNuts.co.uk to thank you for taking the worst player in our entire history off our hands.

You boys and girls are in for a treat. Ngog has the co-ordination skills of a blind donkey, the finishing skills of a broken vibrator, and the commitment of the cowardly lion.

Bolton were once an established Premier League team like yourselves, then we turned to David Ngog and were quickly relegated - give us a few more months and we could be in League 1.

The guy is absolutely useless. Needs 10 open goals to get one on target (the keeper will still save it) and has a "couldn't-care-less" attitude that will quickly endear him to the boo boys.

I wish you luck. You'll need it.

Hi Tash !

Are you that big fat dark haired lass that flashed her baps at us up at the Reebok two seasons ago ?

You might remember the song we sang to you....

" Who the fcuk is shagging that" etc etc

Mind you maybe you won't remember as you were obviously completely off your teeth at the time.

Regards

Gowerjack.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Login to get fewer ads

N'Gog deal done on 15:05 - Jan 30 with 2660 viewsDiggerBarnes

I'll give you a view from my, a Liverpool fan's, perspective:
I can't speak on his time at Bolton as I can't say that I followed it too closely but purely from his time at Liverpool I can say that he's a good player. He's reasonably quick and has reasonable strength. Although, where N'gog come into his own is in his technical quality, he has an excellent touch and extremely quick feet, he'll bring others into the game a lot. Benitez brought him to Liverpool as teenager, not houllier as I saw someone put earlier in the thread, he always performed well when given a chance. The lads got pedigree at the top level, he's scored against Man United and Arsenal and several European teams, his stats from Liverpool are skewed as several of those appearances were for 5 minutes at the end of the match, he actually had an excellent goals-to-game ratio, especially considering he was quite young.
I imagine he'll sort your team much more than he suited Fulham due to your style of play- I think he'll turn out to be quite a clever signing by Laudrup!
Anyway, good luck for the rest of your season, I always closely follow Swansea due to the style of football you play and the Rodgers' connection, definitely one of the most like-a-able clubs in the league.
N'Gog deal done on 15:25 - Jan 30 with 2593 viewsJACKARSE

N'Gog deal done on 15:05 - Jan 30 by DiggerBarnes

I'll give you a view from my, a Liverpool fan's, perspective:
I can't speak on his time at Bolton as I can't say that I followed it too closely but purely from his time at Liverpool I can say that he's a good player. He's reasonably quick and has reasonable strength. Although, where N'gog come into his own is in his technical quality, he has an excellent touch and extremely quick feet, he'll bring others into the game a lot. Benitez brought him to Liverpool as teenager, not houllier as I saw someone put earlier in the thread, he always performed well when given a chance. The lads got pedigree at the top level, he's scored against Man United and Arsenal and several European teams, his stats from Liverpool are skewed as several of those appearances were for 5 minutes at the end of the match, he actually had an excellent goals-to-game ratio, especially considering he was quite young.
I imagine he'll sort your team much more than he suited Fulham due to your style of play- I think he'll turn out to be quite a clever signing by Laudrup!
Anyway, good luck for the rest of your season, I always closely follow Swansea due to the style of football you play and the Rodgers' connection, definitely one of the most like-a-able clubs in the league.

Cheers for that
Jonjo rated him as well
N'Gog deal done on 15:28 - Jan 30 with 2576 viewsymaohyd

N'Gog deal done on 19:42 - Jan 27 by Gowerjack

Hi Tash !

Are you that big fat dark haired lass that flashed her baps at us up at the Reebok two seasons ago ?

You might remember the song we sang to you....

" Who the fcuk is shagging that" etc etc

Mind you maybe you won't remember as you were obviously completely off your teeth at the time.

Regards

Gowerjack.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

N'Gog deal done on 09:59 - Apr 2 with 2410 viewsClinton

N'Gog deal done on 18:31 - Jan 27 by somersetsimon

If all he manages to do is keep Vasquez out of the match day squad, then he'll be making a valuable contribution!
I was prepared to give Vasquez a chance as he was young, but his confidence seems to be shot to bits and we aren't in a strong enough position at the moment to look after him.

Maybe Natasha was right. He can't even dislodge Alvaro from the bench lately.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

N'Gog deal done on 11:54 - Apr 2 with 2151 viewsSwanzay

The plot thickens as to whos signing he actually was, especially if Monk doesn't rate him as appears to be the case and Emnes for that matter.
N'Gog deal done on 12:00 - Apr 2 with 2136 viewsFlashberryjack

N'Gog deal done on 11:54 - Apr 2 by Swanzay

The plot thickens as to whos signing he actually was, especially if Monk doesn't rate him as appears to be the case and Emnes for that matter.

Whoever signed him needs an almighty boot up the ar*se, that's for sure.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

N'Gog deal done on 12:17 - Apr 2 with 2087 viewsCatullus

I don't know how Monk rates either of them but I am sure that when everybody is fit they will struggle to get near our fist team. Our biggest problem is a lack of cover at striker and on the wings....and maybe right back.
But we possibly only need one more player each on those and N'gog and Emnes aren't those players. Not for me anyway.
That said, I quite liked Emes' effort and physicality and he could be useful for us short term. But long term we need to find someone better.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

N'Gog deal done on 12:32 - Apr 2 with 2040 viewsSwanjaxs

N'Gog deal done on 12:00 - Apr 2 by Flashberryjack

Whoever signed him needs an almighty boot up the ar*se, that's for sure.

Bend over Huw!!

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

N'Gog deal done on 13:12 - Apr 2 with 1945 viewssnork44

I agree about N'Gog, but Emnes has proved a lot of the doubters wrong! Emnes is a good back up and that is what we need, wasn't Routledge signed as back up to Dyer and Sinclair and look at Wayne now? So don't write off Marvelous Marvin yet!

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

N'Gog deal done on 13:39 - Apr 2 with 1884 viewsJackSomething

Let's look at the positives. If, as widely believed, these signings were made by Huw/the board, then it should be enough to convince them that they need someone else to make these decisions, whether it be the manager or a director of football type.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

N'Gog deal done on 13:43 - Apr 2 with 1876 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

N'Gog deal done on 13:12 - Apr 2 by snork44

I agree about N'Gog, but Emnes has proved a lot of the doubters wrong! Emnes is a good back up and that is what we need, wasn't Routledge signed as back up to Dyer and Sinclair and look at Wayne now? So don't write off Marvelous Marvin yet!

I really wouldn't say Emnes has been good backup. He hasn't done anything productive in any of the games he has played in since his return.

What would you estimate the combined wages of Emnes and Ngog are?

At a minimum 20-25k a week. That is a huge sum of money we have wasted. We surely could have gotten in somebody who would improve the starting 11 with that sort of money.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

N'Gog deal done on 13:56 - Apr 2 with 1836 viewsApeShit

N'Gog deal done on 13:12 - Apr 2 by snork44

How has Emnes proved alot of doubters wrong?

He hasn't done anything really?

He tries really hard though I suppose, so A for effort.
N'Gog deal done on 14:05 - Apr 2 with 1818 viewssnork44

N'Gog deal done on 13:56 - Apr 2 by ApeShit

How has Emnes proved alot of doubters wrong?

He hasn't done anything really?

He tries really hard though I suppose, so A for effort.

I would prefer an Emnes over Vasquez any day. Emnes has pace and unpredictability that Alvaro can only dream of!

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

N'Gog deal done on 14:48 - Apr 2 with 1754 viewsDyfnant

I'd be happy with us signing Emnes providing its on a freebie

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

N'Gog deal done on 14:58 - Apr 2 with 1728 viewsItchySphincter

Yep, good player, can't really understand the negativity surrounding Emnes, especially cheap or free. We've got worse squad players and he's never expected to be the main man.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

N'Gog deal done on 15:02 - Apr 2 with 1716 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

N'Gog deal done on 14:58 - Apr 2 by ItchySphincter

Yep, good player, can't really understand the negativity surrounding Emnes, especially cheap or free. We've got worse squad players and he's never expected to be the main man.

Maybe the negativity stems from the fact that this season Marv has scored 1 goal in 24 appearances. 21 of those appearances came while playing as a striker for Middlesbrough in the second tier of English football.

He is another player who is hugely overrated by many of our supporters because of a couple of good games in The Championship with us years ago. We can do better. We simply must do better.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2014 15:02]

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

N'Gog deal done on 15:11 - Apr 2 with 1693 viewsItchySphincter

N'Gog deal done on 15:02 - Apr 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Maybe the negativity stems from the fact that this season Marv has scored 1 goal in 24 appearances. 21 of those appearances came while playing as a striker for Middlesbrough in the second tier of English football.

He is another player who is hugely overrated by many of our supporters because of a couple of good games in The Championship with us years ago. We can do better. We simply must do better.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2014 15:02]

I think we can do better but I don't base my opinion on his goal against C*rdiff. He's an AM rather than an out an out striker and his record in a struggling Middlesbrough side isn't the only gauge, he's also had hot streaks for them. Danny Graham is struggling to score goals for them but did fine here. Deserves a chance to prove himself imo.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024