Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terribly posting about Bury 17:03 - May 29 with 29336 viewsR442D

Feel free to ban me for doing such a thing, but are we all keeping 'up to date' with their news.

Apparently 'Bury Are Back' and there will be a 'Revolution at Gigg Lane'.

Oh I wish every club could have someone to pay off their ridiculous spending debts.
Terribly posting about Bury on 17:45 - May 30 with 2937 viewsNerazzurri

Terribly posting about Bury on 17:41 - May 30 by 442Dale

Unless we charged fans in the main stand different amounts for these games, how did this happen? And when exactly?

I'm assuming it was one of the category A games when we had the ill fated tiered pricing system so our fans in the main stand also had the increase.

Forza Nerazzurri

Terribly posting about Bury on 17:51 - May 30 with 2902 views442Dale

Terribly posting about Bury on 17:45 - May 30 by Nerazzurri

I'm assuming it was one of the category A games when we had the ill fated tiered pricing system so our fans in the main stand also had the increase.

Ah right. Makes sense what with Stockport being a pub side. Still, it was fair to all fans present, Bury can't charge away fans anymore next season as they do not have a price for home fans to justify it - Hartlepool could as it was £25 for their own fans who turned up on the day (hardly any as they sold so many season tickets)

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Terribly posting about Bury on 20:44 - May 30 with 2780 viewsAtThePeake

Terribly posting about Bury on 17:51 - May 30 by 442Dale

Ah right. Makes sense what with Stockport being a pub side. Still, it was fair to all fans present, Bury can't charge away fans anymore next season as they do not have a price for home fans to justify it - Hartlepool could as it was £25 for their own fans who turned up on the day (hardly any as they sold so many season tickets)

True.

Diddy, with regards to the tiered pricing, that's wrong but we're not the only ones guilty of it. Generally, it is a quid or two dearer for away fans at San Spotland than it is at Gigg, but I think Dale had the right in that case to add the extra couple of quid on for a stand with a better view down the side, no supporting pillars ala The Manny Road End, and a bar underneath the stand.

Obviously it will be more than £2 next year by the looks of things. Good-o.

Tangled up in blue.

Terribly posting about Bury on 20:54 - May 30 with 2765 viewsJumeirahDale

I know if I had a 3 month plan for rinsing that famous old club, I'd probably reduce season ticket prices too. Lovely cash flow boost coming his way, especially as half the wage bill has been given the boot. Ker-ching!
Terribly posting about Bury on 21:25 - May 30 with 2720 viewsPDIDDY

Terribly posting about Bury on 17:41 - May 30 by 442Dale

Unless we charged fans in the main stand different amounts for these games, how did this happen? And when exactly?

Like I said 3/4. Years ago, just after you had county at spotland, it's not bull but fact, uts

Gissa job

Terribly posting about Bury on 21:28 - May 30 with 2710 viewsPDIDDY

Terribly posting about Bury on 20:54 - May 30 by JumeirahDale

I know if I had a 3 month plan for rinsing that famous old club, I'd probably reduce season ticket prices too. Lovely cash flow boost coming his way, especially as half the wage bill has been given the boot. Ker-ching!

Dear me, we where goin non league a few weeks back according to this board, now we have light at the end of the tunnel, I hope we steady the ship, finish mid table and live another year, you lot worried it might be a little better for the mighty shaggers?

Gissa job

Terribly posting about Bury on 21:32 - May 30 with 2707 views442Dale

Terribly posting about Bury on 21:25 - May 30 by PDIDDY

Like I said 3/4. Years ago, just after you had county at spotland, it's not bull but fact, uts

Nearly six years ago now. And you weren't charged any more than home fans in the opposite stand.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Terribly posting about Bury on 21:39 - May 30 with 2687 viewsmacro

Blackwell has to build and gel a team together first. That's going to be his first task
Login to get fewer ads

Terribly posting about Bury on 21:44 - May 30 with 2669 viewsPDIDDY

Terribly posting about Bury on 21:32 - May 30 by 442Dale

Nearly six years ago now. And you weren't charged any more than home fans in the opposite stand.

Time flies but we got robbed off the daleys

Gissa job

Terribly posting about Bury on 23:09 - May 30 with 2597 viewsTVOS1907

Terribly posting about Bury on 21:32 - May 30 by 442Dale

If it's the period I'm thinking of (Oct-Nov 2006), we had Chester, Stockport and bury in 3 consecutive home games and the prices were the same for every game.

If it's the year after, further research is required, but, as you say, the matchday admission for the away stand was the same as for the main stand, so there is no issue.

But he already knows that.

Edit: we played Stockport after bury in 2007/08, so he must mean the year before, as above.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Terribly posting about Bury on 10:04 - May 31 with 2511 viewsTTNYear

Terribly posting about Bury on 23:09 - May 30 by TVOS1907

If it's the period I'm thinking of (Oct-Nov 2006), we had Chester, Stockport and bury in 3 consecutive home games and the prices were the same for every game.

If it's the year after, further research is required, but, as you say, the matchday admission for the away stand was the same as for the main stand, so there is no issue.

But he already knows that.

Edit: we played Stockport after bury in 2007/08, so he must mean the year before, as above.

By Christmas??

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Terribly posting about Bury on 10:15 - May 31 with 2493 viewsTVOS1907

Terribly posting about Bury on 10:04 - May 31 by TTNYear

By Christmas??

Very good.

Terribly posting about Bury on 11:15 - May 31 with 2453 viewssandylaner1

Terribly posting about Bury on 10:04 - May 31 by TTNYear

By Christmas??

Terribly posting about Bury on 08:24 - Jun 1 with 2337 viewsDaley_Lama

30 Scouts?

3 players on trial from Seria A?

They will be signing Sol Campbell and bringing in Sven and Director of Football next week.

I wonder if Mr Day has passed the FA fit and proper test?

There is a strong wiff of Munto in all of this, throw out lots of big statements, promise the earth while scurrying furiously behind the scenes to find somebody willing to chuck a load of money at a financial hole.

Hope my nose is wrong.

Poll: DF in or out

Terribly posting about Bury on 08:31 - Jun 1 with 2331 viewsTTNYear

Has anyone seen a picture of him yet?

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Terribly posting about Bury on 08:49 - Jun 1 with 2318 viewsTVOS1907

Terribly posting about Bury on 08:31 - Jun 1 by TTNYear

Has anyone seen a picture of him yet?

I said the same thing to R17ALE yesterday.

Terribly posting about Bury on 08:52 - Jun 1 with 2315 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Mr Glen Thomas -
I have always had a fond memory of the club, created from working with the club previously with its decision to buy the ground.

Ms Gisella Alberici. Gisella works as a corporate lawyer in Manchester and brings a wealth of experience in both property and commercial law.

Right, not getting all Columbo here, but if a property developer was the main man, a guy who knows the finer details of the ownership of the ground and an expert in property law came to Dale, i'd think 'oh poop'.

Just waiting for Billy the Bricky and Ronnie the Roofer now!

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Terribly posting about Bury on 09:15 - Jun 1 with 2291 viewsPDIDDY

Terribly posting about Bury on 08:49 - Jun 1 by TVOS1907

I said the same thing to R17ALE yesterday.

Pictures of men for tvos, .you lot are obsessed with bfc

Gissa job

Terribly posting about Bury on 09:30 - Jun 1 with 2290 viewsRAFCBLUE

Terribly posting about Bury on 08:52 - Jun 1 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Mr Glen Thomas -
I have always had a fond memory of the club, created from working with the club previously with its decision to buy the ground.

Ms Gisella Alberici. Gisella works as a corporate lawyer in Manchester and brings a wealth of experience in both property and commercial law.

Right, not getting all Columbo here, but if a property developer was the main man, a guy who knows the finer details of the ownership of the ground and an expert in property law came to Dale, i'd think 'oh poop'.

Just waiting for Billy the Bricky and Ronnie the Roofer now!

The more I read about this new management team, the more I think they plan to turn bury into a property development company!

Lots of platitudes for the fans, some half cut flimsy promises, no names of these "Serie A" players, cheap entry to fill a budgt deficit is hardly the brightest of things.

Interestingly Gisella Alberici was a partner at now extinct law firm, Halliwells.
( http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halliwells) Halliwells was the biggest ever UK law firm to go into administration in 2009 with the loss of 850 jobs.

More about Gisella's expertise here: http://www.ratiolaw.co.uk/people/

So, bury is now going to be run "properly", within its means and with three property developers at the core of its management team for that rare instance that the football side of things doesn't work out as planned.

In a few years time, Brian Fenton may be remembered in a similar way to the Archangel Gabriel down at Gigg!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Terribly posting about Bury on 09:37 - Jun 1 with 2280 viewsAtThePeake

Terribly posting about Bury on 09:30 - Jun 1 by RAFCBLUE

The more I read about this new management team, the more I think they plan to turn bury into a property development company!

Lots of platitudes for the fans, some half cut flimsy promises, no names of these "Serie A" players, cheap entry to fill a budgt deficit is hardly the brightest of things.

Interestingly Gisella Alberici was a partner at now extinct law firm, Halliwells.
( http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halliwells) Halliwells was the biggest ever UK law firm to go into administration in 2009 with the loss of 850 jobs.

More about Gisella's expertise here: http://www.ratiolaw.co.uk/people/

So, bury is now going to be run "properly", within its means and with three property developers at the core of its management team for that rare instance that the football side of things doesn't work out as planned.

In a few years time, Brian Fenton may be remembered in a similar way to the Archangel Gabriel down at Gigg!

There was a name on Twitter the other day. Can't remember what it was but it was officially announced by the club.

Checked his stats, a winger who's been with 3 Serie A clubs without playing a game, but did score 19 goals in Serie C with San Marino.

Tangled up in blue.

Terribly posting about Bury on 10:04 - Jun 1 with 2253 viewsClivert

Terribly posting about Bury on 16:16 - May 30 by lurker

Minus the fooking stupid hashtag, this looks mighty familiar to something we have done in the past. Guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, eh? Wonder if their printed T-shirts will be cheaper than ours too?!

'Rock Bottom Football At Rock Bottom Prices' would be more apt.
Terribly posting about Bury on 10:10 - Jun 1 with 2247 viewsD_Alien

I guess when the high-density housing plans come to fruition where the Ceme End now stands, it'll be over a lot of people's dead bodies

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Terribly posting about Bury on 10:29 - Jun 1 with 2225 viewsDaley_Lama

I'm still mindful of the statement that potential investors money is guaranteed as stated not too long ago. It's not too hard to figure out what this would be secured against.

I wonder if a feasibility study into plans to 'improving facilities both at the ground and improving the qualities of our training facility' is being carried out?

On a side matter, flew over Gigg Lane and Boundary Park on the way in yesterday. Either Oldham has had a drought or they are totally relaying their pitch this summer.

Terribly posting about Bury on 10:43 - Jun 1 with 2212 viewsR17ALE

I've been watching the goings on at bury, and it might be the dawn of a bright era for them.

But, reading the bury Times, I can't help be reminded of the famous Laurel and Hardy sketch where they push the piano up the staircase only for it to end up tumbling all the way to the bottom, once they thought they'd secured it.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Terribly posting about Bury on 11:01 - Jun 1 with 2187 viewsDaley_Lama

'You're just too good to be Trew
(we) can't take our eyes off you
You bring a professional touch
That bury need so much
A long lasting god has arrived
And bury are still alive
You're just too good to be Trew
(We) can't take our eyes of you....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024