Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terribly posting about Bury 17:03 - May 29 with 29340 viewsR442D

Feel free to ban me for doing such a thing, but are we all keeping 'up to date' with their news.

Apparently 'Bury Are Back' and there will be a 'Revolution at Gigg Lane'.

Oh I wish every club could have someone to pay off their ridiculous spending debts.
Terribly posting about Bury on 22:21 - May 29 with 3161 viewsPops2

Terribly posting about Bury on 22:08 - May 29 by macaroo

De ja vu?
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spencer_Trethewy

I'll raise you Peterborough's chairman, similar background and age when he took over there.
Terribly posting about Bury on 22:32 - May 29 with 3101 viewsmacro

As they say the proof will be in the eating.

For every pompey disaster there's a success story.

Which one will this be?
Terribly posting about Bury on 22:36 - May 29 with 3090 viewsTalkingSutty

Terribly posting about Bury on 21:41 - May 29 by boffley

Doing a little research It appears that Mr Day is 32 years old and that his tenure as a Director of his current property company is 3 months. This company came into being on 11th March 2013. He also appears to be a director of another company which came into being on 23rd May with an issued share capital of £4.

Sounds like one of those prats on the Apprentice, its going to end in tears this one mark my words !!
Terribly posting about Bury on 22:38 - May 29 with 3083 viewsboffley

Terribly posting about Bury on 22:21 - May 29 by Pops2

I'll raise you Peterborough's chairman, similar background and age when he took over there.

Pops--you seem to believe that Mr Day will be good for Bury. You were certainly claiming that todays announcement was going to be a big thing. The problem is that no-body seems to have heard of Mr Day before.

Your postings prior to today would indicate that you were aware of this appointment and that you were pleased about who it was going to be. This logically would indicate that you are aware of Mr Day and his background. Please would you be so kind as to share that knowledge with us ignorant Daleys.

Who is he , what businesses has he been successful in, what qualifies him to run a professional football club, what experience has he, etc, etc.

If you were so pleased prior to his appointment these should be easy questions to answer.
Terribly posting about Bury on 22:41 - May 29 with 3073 viewsClivert

A Yorkshireman buying a Lancashire club, hmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Terribly posting about Bury on 22:48 - May 29 with 3028 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Terribly posting about Bury on 22:07 - May 29 by boffley

SG Sports management Ltd

SG stands for Silly Giggle
Terribly posting about Bury on 22:49 - May 29 with 3020 viewsColDale

Terribly posting about Bury on 22:48 - May 29 by Yorkshire_Dale

Sell Gigg?
Terribly posting about Bury on 22:51 - May 29 with 3017 viewsTalkingSutty

Terribly posting about Bury on 22:49 - May 29 by ColDale

Sell Gigg?

Shaft Gigg Sports Management ?
Login to get fewer ads

Terribly posting about Bury on 22:56 - May 29 with 2993 viewsSimpkinsLeftPeg

Hopefully one of us sad buggers will have this thread bookmarked for a few years' time so we can have a reet good laugh.
Terribly posting about Bury on 22:58 - May 29 with 2988 viewsClivert

Sell Gigg?

'Stewart's Grove'
Terribly posting about Bury on 23:00 - May 29 with 2983 viewsSuddenLad

Supremely Gullible - Sad Gits

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Terribly posting about Bury on 23:04 - May 29 with 2976 viewsRAFCBLUE

Terribly posting about Bury on 22:56 - May 29 by SimpkinsLeftPeg

Hopefully one of us sad buggers will have this thread bookmarked for a few years' time so we can have a reet good laugh.

Might not take that long!

Step 1) Sell ground from existing company to Newco
Step 2) Keep existing company for playing operations
Step 3) Run existing company on cheap; sign players who are saleable assets and push on trying to get up the leagues
Step 4) if successful, cream off playing operation profits via dividends
Step 5) if unsuccessful put playing operations into administration with property assets ring fenced.

Case studies of historical similarity:

York City, Wrexham, Rotherham, Stockport County; Brighton; Darlington

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Terribly posting about Bury on 23:06 - May 29 with 2966 viewsdingdangblue

Sell Gigg?

Stadium Gone?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Terribly posting about Bury on 23:09 - May 29 with 2954 viewsSalwaDale

Terribly posting about Bury on 21:44 - May 29 by 442Dale

Can anyone on the Bury forum right now please assure us that the concerned questions we're raising are also being aired by their own supporters?

In fairness to the gigglers:

"My heart tells me to be happy, my head says caution.

People go into business for 2 reasons - love or money. Why would anyone put money into the club unless it was for love for the club or to make money.

I just fear asset stripping. I'll be happier once assurances have been given about Gigg."

"My sentiments exactly, I thank him and his board members for saving the club we all love, but being a property developer and knowing the club own the ground I can't help but be a bit pessimistic that they may knock down Gigg and build houses to make a fast buck, he's obviously a shrewd businessman so why invest in a struggling basement club, with massive competition from the Manchester clubs down the road plus dwindling crowds? Has he done a good job in blagging Nev Neville and co but has an alterior motive?, until we get more details on his/their business plan I shall wait with baited breath."

Seems some will go along with the euphoria, and they may well be right. Others will remain more pragmatic, and they may well be right. Others will be very fearful, and they may well be right.

Only time will tell.

TBBT

Terribly posting about Bury on 23:31 - May 29 with 2917 viewssandylaner1

Terribly posting about Bury on 22:01 - May 29 by Dale_Pea

I have nothing to add to this particular thread, I just wanted to make you all scroll past all of this post again. Sorry.

Terribly posting about Bury on 23:34 - May 29 with 2905 viewssandylaner1

#buryareback lololollolol

Terribly posting about Bury on 02:20 - May 30 with 2849 viewsAtThePeake

My favourite thing about todays announcement is the whole "these fans have suffered" and "the club has been stuck in the doldrums for years now..."

The fans and the new chairman seem to think they're a much bigger club than they actually are.

Thefanbase is similar to ours, the town is of similar size, they admittedly have a slightly better history than us but as do several teams in the bottom two football league divisions (and some non-league teams) so why can't Bury just accept that they're not all that big, before they go spending another shedload of cash on trying to be something they're not and finding themselves back in this position again in a few years time?

Tangled up in blue.

Terribly posting about Bury on 06:38 - May 30 with 2826 viewsPDIDDY

Terribly posting about Bury on 21:35 - May 29 by 442Dale

He had a seven year plan. We were all sensible enough to realise he'd be off to another club before it was completed.

Billy liar was Brian Fenton not hilly, I'd have kh at gigg like a shot

Gissa job

Terribly posting about Bury on 08:47 - May 30 with 2773 views442Dale

Terribly posting about Bury on 02:20 - May 30 by AtThePeake

My favourite thing about todays announcement is the whole "these fans have suffered" and "the club has been stuck in the doldrums for years now..."

The fans and the new chairman seem to think they're a much bigger club than they actually are.

Thefanbase is similar to ours, the town is of similar size, they admittedly have a slightly better history than us but as do several teams in the bottom two football league divisions (and some non-league teams) so why can't Bury just accept that they're not all that big, before they go spending another shedload of cash on trying to be something they're not and finding themselves back in this position again in a few years time?

Doldrums? Challenging for the playoffs followed by a playoff semi defeat the year after, then promotion, then a top half finish in L1. Yeah, it's been awful for years.

As you say, they can't accept their true standing in the football world and the constant need to be something more is where all the problems have started in the past.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Terribly posting about Bury on 09:03 - May 30 with 2752 viewsrafc1984

Terribly posting about Bury on 21:52 - May 29 by Pops2

Of course it is nothing new because we have been telling you all along you gormless moron.

Seriously, when / what have you been telling us all along? You and your fag boy, knew nowt, and are now proper gutted, hence the non descript replies, to questions asked by other posters in this thread.

I predict over spending, under achieving on the pitch, restless mongs, Blackwell sacked, more overspending, under achieving, restless mongs, then whoever this savior is, pulling the plug, selling up to barratts or fcum and plenty of bucket shaking.
Terribly posting about Bury on 10:36 - May 30 with 2660 viewsoff2div1

GOOD START

Bury FC's board of directors have suspended Thursday's meeting with fans. They've issued this statement on their website:

It is with regret that unfortunately the board of Directors have to suspend Thursday night’s meeting at the Social Club.

The board of directors are still in protracted negotiations with potential investors, and we would prefer to meet with supporters as soon as any concrete plans are forthcoming.

We apologise most sincerely for this late cancellation and hope that all supporters will understand and have the best interests of the football club at heart.

Read more at http://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/article/supporters-meeting-suspended-790360.aspx#Or
Terribly posting about Bury on 10:50 - May 30 with 2640 views49thseason

Terribly posting about Bury on 10:36 - May 30 by off2div1

GOOD START

Bury FC's board of directors have suspended Thursday's meeting with fans. They've issued this statement on their website:

It is with regret that unfortunately the board of Directors have to suspend Thursday night’s meeting at the Social Club.

The board of directors are still in protracted negotiations with potential investors, and we would prefer to meet with supporters as soon as any concrete plans are forthcoming.

We apologise most sincerely for this late cancellation and hope that all supporters will understand and have the best interests of the football club at heart.

Read more at http://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/article/supporters-meeting-suspended-790360.aspx#Or

"protracted negotiations with potential investors"

So... they now have a new board of directors but still need investors? And what's more those investors need "protracted negotiations" before putting any money into the club? How hard can it be? you either have money you want to "invest" or you don't. Maybe the problem is that investors want a lien on the ground and the new board won't let them because they have other plans for it.
Terribly posting about Bury on 11:01 - May 30 with 2623 viewsToffeemanc

Terribly posting about Bury on 22:48 - May 29 by Yorkshire_Dale

SG - Stewart "Groundhog" Day - for when they find themselves in the same position again in a few years time, and he sells the ground on them.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Terribly posting about Bury on 11:06 - May 30 with 2604 viewsSuddenLad

It appears from that statement, that they now have a willing band of volunteers to act as Chairman/Directors, but no-one who actually has any money.

In the meantime, the merry band of volunteers appear to be trying to cajole others into stumping up some cash to actually do something with.

Whilst this uncertainty rumbles on, the manager has been told that he can go ahead and look for 'the right calibre' of player to take the club forward.

Only at Giggle Lane.

Oxo = Beef stock

Knorr = Chicken Stock

Bury FC = Laughing stock.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Terribly posting about Bury on 11:06 - May 30 with 2604 views442Dale

See next page edit
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024