Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January Transfer Window 14:10 - Dec 28 with 63137 viewsHullDale

Gillingham have started their business early...

January Transfer Window on 08:31 - Jan 27 with 2925 viewselectricblue

January Transfer Window on 20:32 - Jan 26 by Yorkshire_Dale

If I was a pro footballer I would ask around first to determine if Rochdale AFC were as bad as the League table suggested and were in fact in a false position. Do they have potential to improve? Could I help? Are there other factors to consider that may relate to a pending improvement, like a new training facility.

Then I would say "F*ck right off!"

Other questions the players can ask is.
Do players get paid on time.
Is the manager and staff approachable if needs arise.
What is the club like as a whole.

There are enough matches to get out of this situation.

Plus any player can have a relegation release clause if so desired....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

January Transfer Window on 10:00 - Jan 27 with 2743 viewsThacks_Rabbits

January Transfer Window on 08:31 - Jan 27 by electricblue

Totally agree.

Or they could be sat in Wigan reserve’s, with a young family saying I’m a good player, I’m going to prove that and Rochdale is my chance, I will show x manager. How many times have we done this in the past? Holt, ALF, COG, Lambert, Murray, there’s many others.

The issue is who and how we are approaching them, or if the manager and board have the ability to sell the club.

In the dim and distant past I remember talking to Dave Sutton when they were training up at Heywood, it’s was when we had Steve Mulrayne and Snazza etc. he literally was faxing the FA from the office there to get Paul Williams signed in time to play (vs Preston) I think.

Although he was mad as a dog last summer he sold the club to Williams and he took a pay cut to come here, Sutton had been calling him every day for a month telling him he was the man to score the goals and he would lead us to promotion. He sold the club as as ill fated as it turned out to be, that’s what we need, someone with charisma and belief.

The club now appears so bland and lacking in charecter and charecters. We can easily stay up but if the manager is not certain we can who else can be???

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

January Transfer Window on 10:20 - Jan 27 with 2659 viewsThacks_Rabbits

January Transfer Window on 08:31 - Jan 27 by electricblue

Totally agree.

Or they could be sat in Wigan reserve’s, with a young family saying I’m a good player, I’m going to prove that and Rochdale is my chance, I will show x manager. How many times have we done this in the past? Holt, ALF, COG, Lambert, Murray, there’s many others.

The issue is who and how we are approaching them, or if the manager and board have the ability to sell the club.

In the dim and distant past I remember talking to Dave Sutton when they were training up at Heywood, it’s was when we had Steve Mulrayne and Snazza etc. he literally was faxing the FA from the office there to get Paul Williams signed in time to play (vs Preston) I think.

Although he was mad as a dog last summer he sold the club to Williams and he took a pay cut to come here, Sutton had been calling him every day for a month telling him he was the man to score the goals and he would lead us to promotion. He sold the club as as ill fated as it turned out to be, that’s what we need, someone with charisma and belief.

The club now appears so bland and lacking in charecter and charecters. We can easily stay up but if the manager is not certain we can who else can be???

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

January Transfer Window on 11:30 - Jan 27 with 2495 viewsfourfourtwo

January Transfer Window on 10:20 - Jan 27 by Thacks_Rabbits

Totally agree.

Couldn't agree more.

We've never really been much of an attractive proposition, yet look at the players we've had over the years.

How attractive a proposition were we when we signed Holt? How attractive were we when we sold Holt & then signed Dagnall?

Simon has come out & said we're skint... We've always been skint. Yet we've always found a way to get business done in the past, in not too dissimilar periods of failure.

I was taken aback by Bentley actually praising the board for making money available & then having bids nocked back for players. Is the issue actually the money, or is it Bentley's contacts?

Say what you like about Keith Hill, the man could always find a gem when we needed one. Keith Keane & NML are the two that instantly spring to mind.

Everyone's very quick to give it the "who'd want to go Rochdale" mentality, but ultimately there are 72 clubs in the EFL attempting to accommodate thousands of players.

Being given an opportunity at a club like Rochdale is still a big deal for a lot of players. Yet it just feels like the mood has changed & people have given up on us.

I really don't like the tone coming out of the club, its very defeatist. Yet some on here would rather challenge you for calling it out, instead of the club.
January Transfer Window on 12:41 - Jan 27 with 2286 viewsMass_Debater

January Transfer Window on 11:30 - Jan 27 by fourfourtwo

Couldn't agree more.

We've never really been much of an attractive proposition, yet look at the players we've had over the years.

How attractive a proposition were we when we signed Holt? How attractive were we when we sold Holt & then signed Dagnall?

Simon has come out & said we're skint... We've always been skint. Yet we've always found a way to get business done in the past, in not too dissimilar periods of failure.

I was taken aback by Bentley actually praising the board for making money available & then having bids nocked back for players. Is the issue actually the money, or is it Bentley's contacts?

Say what you like about Keith Hill, the man could always find a gem when we needed one. Keith Keane & NML are the two that instantly spring to mind.

Everyone's very quick to give it the "who'd want to go Rochdale" mentality, but ultimately there are 72 clubs in the EFL attempting to accommodate thousands of players.

Being given an opportunity at a club like Rochdale is still a big deal for a lot of players. Yet it just feels like the mood has changed & people have given up on us.

I really don't like the tone coming out of the club, its very defeatist. Yet some on here would rather challenge you for calling it out, instead of the club.

Some good points. Are you raising them at the forum?
January Transfer Window on 13:02 - Jan 27 with 2207 viewsDaleiLama

Couldn't agree more.

Is it defeatist or actually acknowledging who we are, what we are, where we are and looking for a different way of doing things? What we've been doing isn't working anymore. It seems that the genie we captured in a bottle when we had all the good cup runs, players coming through the academy to sell on and developing players has gone up in a puff of smoke and reputationally, we are no longer a desirable landing spot for a young talented player looking to climb the pyramid.

What Simon seems to be suggesting, to me, is that "the perfect storm" of circumstances that got us to the fringes of L1 play-offs isn't likely to happen in the current boards opinion and they are looking at other ways to run the club.

In the meantime, we pretty much have to hope EBJ has lots of rabbits up his sleeve. Or at least a breeding pair that can come in and show the rest how it's done.

How all the dust will settle over this current upheaval is anyone's guess. All we really have left to clutch to now is hope.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

January Transfer Window on 13:10 - Jan 27 with 2168 viewsD_Alien

Couldn't agree more.

The chairman's tone, in his last live interview, was if anything castigated for being overly optimistic about our chances this season

What people are being called out for is ranting at those who've put their money, working life and disgraceful social media pressures on the line for the club

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

January Transfer Window on 13:31 - Jan 27 with 2079 views49thseason

Any chairman would have done exactly the same as Simon, imagine a Chairman saying " its all turned to ratshit and we are bound to go down, the players are useless and the manager is clueless" Hardly the way to rally the troops is it?
Login to get fewer ads

January Transfer Window on 18:39 - Jan 27 with 1839 viewsNorthernDale

We have two loan signings, a 19 year left back with no league experience and a striker who as played a total of 12 league games and scored 0 goals, very inspiring.
January Transfer Window on 18:41 - Jan 27 with 1828 viewskel

January Transfer Window on 18:39 - Jan 27 by NorthernDale

We have two loan signings, a 19 year left back with no league experience and a striker who as played a total of 12 league games and scored 0 goals, very inspiring.

Do you reckon we should give them a chance first?
January Transfer Window on 18:47 - Jan 27 with 1792 viewsJames1980

January Transfer Window on 18:41 - Jan 27 by kel

Do you reckon we should give them a chance first?

And forgo the shot of dopamine writing that comment gave? of course not.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

January Transfer Window on 18:48 - Jan 27 with 1790 viewsMass_Debater

Give them a chance, eh.

Or just repeat what everyone else posts, like usual.
January Transfer Window on 18:54 - Jan 27 with 1768 viewsnordenblue

Lambert,Holt and Chris OGrady both were bang average at former clubs prior to coming to us....how did they all end up.
RND was a kid too when he came to play at the back for us too, another "inspiring" signing
January Transfer Window on 18:58 - Jan 27 with 1750 viewsfourfourtwo

January Transfer Window on 18:54 - Jan 27 by nordenblue

Lambert,Holt and Chris OGrady both were bang average at former clubs prior to coming to us....how did they all end up.
RND was a kid too when he came to play at the back for us too, another "inspiring" signing

I can think of three inexperienced, young keepers who didn’t do too badly either.

Tom Heaton. Robert Sanchez. Frank Fielding
January Transfer Window on 19:01 - Jan 27 with 1735 viewsD_Alien

We can always look to you for inspirational posts

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

January Transfer Window on 19:04 - Jan 27 with 1726 viewsNorthernDale

I hope I am proved wrong and if I am, I will apologise. Sadly after so many disappointments watching the Dale over the decades, I have become a pessimist.

I must admit, I was hoping for a midfielder to strengthen that area.

It poses the questions who starts at left back Aidy or Dodgson and of more interest does he start with Campbell and Quigley, after the midweek game performances. It would be interesting to Campbell and Lloyd on the wings, to see if it creates more opportunities for our forwards.
January Transfer Window on 19:09 - Jan 27 with 1697 viewsnordenblue

January Transfer Window on 18:58 - Jan 27 by fourfourtwo

I can think of three inexperienced, young keepers who didn’t do too badly either.

All shit them im afraid, what have any of them achieved....
January Transfer Window on 19:46 - Jan 27 with 1579 viewsMass_Debater

January Transfer Window on 18:58 - Jan 27 by fourfourtwo

Keith Welch
January Transfer Window on 20:12 - Jan 27 with 1479 viewsfinberty

January Transfer Window on 19:09 - Jan 27 by nordenblue

Not for us they weren't. I'd have any of those back without any doubt.
January Transfer Window on 20:13 - Jan 27 with 1477 viewsEllDale

And don’t forget Mike Poole and the young David Felgate.
January Transfer Window on 20:19 - Jan 27 with 1456 viewsBrierls

January Transfer Window on 20:12 - Jan 27 by finberty

Whooooosh!
January Transfer Window on 20:20 - Jan 27 with 1448 viewsThacks_Rabbits

January Transfer Window on 19:09 - Jan 27 by nordenblue

That Ian Gray was crap too, and that Marcus Haanamann bloke we borrowed off Fulham.

January Transfer Window on 20:21 - Jan 27 with 1444 viewsfinberty

Josh Lillis in his first two loan spells was fairly inexperienced, and young. He didn't do too badly either. I see him on the train some mornings, in his Barrow FC clobber. He'd still do a job for us, like he did 250 times.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2023 20:24]
January Transfer Window on 20:35 - Jan 27 with 1410 views442Dale

January Transfer Window on 20:21 - Jan 27 by finberty

Josh Lillis in his first two loan spells was fairly inexperienced, and young. He didn't do too badly either. I see him on the train some mornings, in his Barrow FC clobber. He'd still do a job for us, like he did 250 times.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2023 20:24]

Lillis was always a good keeper.

Be careful what you wish for.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

January Transfer Window on 20:39 - Jan 27 with 1405 viewsMass_Debater

January Transfer Window on 20:12 - Jan 27 by finberty

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024