Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January Transfer Window 14:10 - Dec 28 with 63142 viewsHullDale

Gillingham have started their business early...

January Transfer Window on 13:55 - Jan 25 with 2856 viewsBrierls

January Transfer Window on 13:40 - Jan 25 by electricblue

Lets hope that they offer a decent amount up front plus a sell % and the usual add ons...

I didnt realise he is out of contract in the summer then it would be wise to cash in now rather than lose come the summer as no matter what happens relegation or not .

I'm not sure Sheffield United can offer anything up front, they are under a transfer embargo.

Brierley isn't out of contract this summer, his contract runs until summer 2024.

It's incredible that we have a talented first team player going on trial anywhere when we need points to stay in the Football League. Absolute nonsense.
January Transfer Window on 13:56 - Jan 25 with 2856 viewsAtThePeake

January Transfer Window on 13:40 - Jan 25 by electricblue

Lets hope that they offer a decent amount up front plus a sell % and the usual add ons...

I didnt realise he is out of contract in the summer then it would be wise to cash in now rather than lose come the summer as no matter what happens relegation or not .

The article's wrong, his contract runs until summer 2024.

Tangled up in blue.

January Transfer Window on 14:05 - Jan 25 with 2766 viewsHullDale

January Transfer Window on 13:55 - Jan 25 by Brierls

I'm not sure Sheffield United can offer anything up front, they are under a transfer embargo.

Brierley isn't out of contract this summer, his contract runs until summer 2024.

It's incredible that we have a talented first team player going on trial anywhere when we need points to stay in the Football League. Absolute nonsense.

That last paragraph sums it up.

We've missed the opportunity of him playing 4/5 games, and unless they have paid a trial fee (is that a thing?) he could come back at zero cost or risk to Sheffield having missed 10% of our season, he could come back injured, or he could come back dejected as they chose not to sign him.

Alternatively, if we're confident we're selling him, is it a case of waiting for that to be confirmed before we can make signings? Risky strategy with a team currently under transfer embargo.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2023 14:08]
January Transfer Window on 14:24 - Jan 25 with 2662 viewsfourfourtwo

January Transfer Window on 14:05 - Jan 25 by HullDale

That last paragraph sums it up.

We've missed the opportunity of him playing 4/5 games, and unless they have paid a trial fee (is that a thing?) he could come back at zero cost or risk to Sheffield having missed 10% of our season, he could come back injured, or he could come back dejected as they chose not to sign him.

Alternatively, if we're confident we're selling him, is it a case of waiting for that to be confirmed before we can make signings? Risky strategy with a team currently under transfer embargo.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2023 14:08]

The fact we have sent out main saleable asset to the one (I presume) club in the EFL under a transfer embargo, so they can’t actually pay us where we’re desperate for cash, just sums up what an utter shambles our club is.

Clueless from top to bottom.
January Transfer Window on 14:32 - Jan 25 with 2623 viewsD_Alien

January Transfer Window on 14:24 - Jan 25 by fourfourtwo

The fact we have sent out main saleable asset to the one (I presume) club in the EFL under a transfer embargo, so they can’t actually pay us where we’re desperate for cash, just sums up what an utter shambles our club is.

Clueless from top to bottom.

That would depend upon when the embargo was put in place. If Brierley's been "on trial" since before the embargo was imposed (last week?) that can't be aimed at the club

There is, however, no reason not to recall him immediately

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

January Transfer Window on 14:47 - Jan 25 with 2549 viewselectricblue

It seems that the transfer embargo came into force earlier this month.
The EFL enforced the embargo due to nonpayment of transfer fees...

Does this mean that the blade dont have a pot to p1ss in regarding money!.

Anyway i see it as a big risk as a deferred payment does not help Dale in anyway currently..

But this trial could put Brierly in the shop window and ignite other teams interest, it Brierley did play for the u21s im sure a few scouts from other teams would been there..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

January Transfer Window on 15:14 - Jan 25 with 2449 viewsTalkingSutty

Spot on. We are supposedly desperate to stay in this league and instead of playing our brightest young talent he has been secretly sent out on trial. The supporters pay a lot of money to follow the club both home and away and they have been watching a deliberately weakened team at a time when we have reached rock bottom. If this is now a done deal and the transfer fee could be used to strengthen over the next few days then it would soften the blow a bit but with the embargo that won't happen. It's a ridiculous decision and begs the question as to whether those running the club are as desperate as the rest of us to stay in the football league.
January Transfer Window on 16:07 - Jan 25 with 2271 views49thseason

Someone at this club must have run over a black cat, spilt a sack of salt and kicked a cripple . Is there possibly any more bad news? Brierley has been missing in action for a month, suddenly the team that are interested in him get hit by a transfer embargo? What next an asteroid hitting the Main Stand? Its just one thing after another, surely we have to turn a corner eventually? As it is we struggle to even get a corner. Desperate times indeed, does anyone know an exorcist?
Login to get fewer ads

January Transfer Window on 16:21 - Jan 25 with 2187 viewsfourfourtwo

January Transfer Window on 14:32 - Jan 25 by D_Alien

That would depend upon when the embargo was put in place. If Brierley's been "on trial" since before the embargo was imposed (last week?) that can't be aimed at the club

There is, however, no reason not to recall him immediately

So Brierley disappeared from the squad following the Sutton game on 19/11/2022. Two games prior to that was when he got that unbelievable assist for Hendo to break the record against Salford.

Since that game we have played 8, won 1, drawn 2 & lost 5.

How long has he been on trial at Sheff U? Why the hell is he on trial? He's not a child, he's a pro lets not forget. Why the hell are we letting first team players go on trial, when they are under first team contracts & we're thing on the ground body wise? How desperately pathetic are we?

If Sheff U want him, send a flaming scout to a game & watch him.

The fact we have been unable to select him during this period of hell is a joke. The fact they're now under a transfer embargo just literally sums this club up.

Yet more questions that now need answering.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2023 16:30]
January Transfer Window on 16:27 - Jan 25 with 2145 viewsHullDale

The more I think about it, the more disillusioned this Brierley situation makes me feel.

We were all under the assumption that Brierley was the one injured in training in December.

Since then it appears he has, undercover, been allowed to go on trial at another club.

Since that time we have:

- Lost to relegation threatened Hartlepool at home
- Lost to Doncaster away, conceding two in the first six minutes
- Drawn with bottom of the form table Barrow (not a single shot on target)
- Drawn with potentially relegation threatened Newport
- Beat Bradford away (good result!)
- Lost to relegation threatened Colchester at home
- Lost again to relegation threatened Hartlepool away

- & Slipped from 21st, 3 points from bottom on the same number of games to rock bottom 24th, 2 points from safety and having played a game more.

- We've extended Lloyd's contract, a good move, but subbed him off on Saturday when he was our only creative spark
- Brought in Eastwood to displace RoD, with a howler of a mistake in his first game and a poor overall game in his second - with theories swirling this was part of a plan to get RoD (one of our top earners & arguably POTS so far) off the wage bill

There are 4 working days left of the transfer window.

I never, ever want to see wrong'uns anywhere near this club - but its safe to say the last 5 weeks have been manna from heaven for those same wrong'uns to start creating unrest.
January Transfer Window on 16:41 - Jan 25 with 2073 viewsTomRAFC

January Transfer Window on 16:27 - Jan 25 by HullDale

The more I think about it, the more disillusioned this Brierley situation makes me feel.

We were all under the assumption that Brierley was the one injured in training in December.

Since then it appears he has, undercover, been allowed to go on trial at another club.

Since that time we have:

- Lost to relegation threatened Hartlepool at home
- Lost to Doncaster away, conceding two in the first six minutes
- Drawn with bottom of the form table Barrow (not a single shot on target)
- Drawn with potentially relegation threatened Newport
- Beat Bradford away (good result!)
- Lost to relegation threatened Colchester at home
- Lost again to relegation threatened Hartlepool away

- & Slipped from 21st, 3 points from bottom on the same number of games to rock bottom 24th, 2 points from safety and having played a game more.

- We've extended Lloyd's contract, a good move, but subbed him off on Saturday when he was our only creative spark
- Brought in Eastwood to displace RoD, with a howler of a mistake in his first game and a poor overall game in his second - with theories swirling this was part of a plan to get RoD (one of our top earners & arguably POTS so far) off the wage bill

There are 4 working days left of the transfer window.

I never, ever want to see wrong'uns anywhere near this club - but its safe to say the last 5 weeks have been manna from heaven for those same wrong'uns to start creating unrest.

When I lived in the north east for a bit, I got into the habit of going to watch South Shields. Some of the young players there had clauses in their contracts that allowed them to go on trial with clubs higher up the pyramid, if the chance arose. Apparently the club would try and negate this by insisting a transfer fee was pre-agreed, so they would be safe in the knowledge that if the player left then there would at least be a decent pay day for the club.

I'm not saying this is what happened with Ethan, but it's about the only way I can fathom us letting this happen. Ethan did go on trial with Manchester City a while back but he wasn't a key first team player then. Not sure if I'm getting my dates mixed up, but does this mean he was away at a time when Kelly was injured, leaving us with no creative midfielder?

As you said, manna for the mischief makers.

I'd quite like to see George Delves sit at the top table at the Fans Forum in February. Historically, Colin Garlic was a good source of info on the running of the club. The running of the club is coming under scrutiny at the moment, it would be good to hear from someone who seems a bit out of the spotlight.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

January Transfer Window on 16:41 - Jan 25 with 2073 viewsAtThePeake

January Transfer Window on 16:21 - Jan 25 by fourfourtwo

So Brierley disappeared from the squad following the Sutton game on 19/11/2022. Two games prior to that was when he got that unbelievable assist for Hendo to break the record against Salford.

Since that game we have played 8, won 1, drawn 2 & lost 5.

How long has he been on trial at Sheff U? Why the hell is he on trial? He's not a child, he's a pro lets not forget. Why the hell are we letting first team players go on trial, when they are under first team contracts & we're thing on the ground body wise? How desperately pathetic are we?

If Sheff U want him, send a flaming scout to a game & watch him.

The fact we have been unable to select him during this period of hell is a joke. The fact they're now under a transfer embargo just literally sums this club up.

Yet more questions that now need answering.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2023 16:30]

The most annoying part of all this for me is that Sutton game was his best showing in a Dale shirt. While everybody else looked miles off it that day, he was pulling the strings throughout and deserved more for his performance. I saw it as a performance for him to potentially really kick on from to become the lynchpin of the side that his ability suggests he could be even at his tender age. Instead, it looks like we'll never see him play again and we won't even have the funds to reinvest in the squad in this window, when we need them more than ever before.

Sickener.

Tangled up in blue.

January Transfer Window on 16:47 - Jan 25 with 2037 viewsJames1980

January Transfer Window on 16:07 - Jan 25 by 49thseason

Someone at this club must have run over a black cat, spilt a sack of salt and kicked a cripple . Is there possibly any more bad news? Brierley has been missing in action for a month, suddenly the team that are interested in him get hit by a transfer embargo? What next an asteroid hitting the Main Stand? Its just one thing after another, surely we have to turn a corner eventually? As it is we struggle to even get a corner. Desperate times indeed, does anyone know an exorcist?

Maybe when Grobbelar's curse was lifted from Liverpool it posseessed us instead.
Re the situation with Sheff Utd I can only hope that if it is a done deal it includes loan players of the calibre of RND with 100% of wages being paid by The Blades.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

January Transfer Window on 16:52 - Jan 25 with 1998 viewsEllDale

Unfortunately it seems that for every RND there's a George Broadbent.
January Transfer Window on 16:58 - Jan 25 with 1980 viewsfinberty

Another apparent example of the club simply not fancying it any more.

I think anything less than four new signings of credible players, between now and the window closing, will be a further example still.

As a random question, why does this club believe that, when struggling, we must go for on-loan keepers of little experience? We had Bazunu spilling them in the relegation season from L1, and now we've got Eastwood apparently on the same trajectory. The only young unproven keeper I've ever seen for Dale, who was utterly reliable from day 1, was Keith Welch, so quite a time ago.

ROD may well be on big wages, but his last appearance was in the win against Bradford. What a masterpiece of player motivation - to drop him straight afterwards. Of course he may have been nursing an injury, in which case, come out and say so. To keep quiet makes the decision baffling, although I accept ROD was guilty of a few wobbles himself.

Perhaps after the recent stiffs game against Bolton, Quigs may have rediscovered his appetite for goals. It has never been more needed than now.
January Transfer Window on 16:59 - Jan 25 with 1961 viewsNewbury_Dale

If Brierley has really gone on trial at a time when we are desperate for quality then it can only be considered "managed relegation" MK II
January Transfer Window on 17:00 - Jan 25 with 1954 viewsHopwoodblue

January Transfer Window on 16:47 - Jan 25 by James1980

Maybe when Grobbelar's curse was lifted from Liverpool it posseessed us instead.
Re the situation with Sheff Utd I can only hope that if it is a done deal it includes loan players of the calibre of RND with 100% of wages being paid by The Blades.

We’ve already got one Jake Eastwood. Is he part of the deal ?😳😳😳

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

January Transfer Window on 17:22 - Jan 25 with 1828 viewsDaleyBrent

January Transfer Window on 13:16 - Jan 25 by HullDale

Properly furious with this one. In our circumstances it’s probably right we take the right fee for him, but if we’ve sacrificed him playing minutes and helping us get results in our desperate plight to avoid relegation then it’s quite frankly inexcusable - especially when he’s under contract for another 18 months.

I just cannot comprehend what’s going on at the moment. A trial?! Seriously?! Can you imagine if he picked up a bad injury in that game. We’d lose an asset and lose him from our attempt at staying up.

GIVE ME A BREAK, #RAFC
January Transfer Window on 17:25 - Jan 25 with 1803 views442Dale

The main problem the club have is that this is not a good look whatsoever.

You can’t promote ‘fan owned’, ‘fan led’, ‘Your town, Your team, Your club’ and then have things like this coming out without clear communication as to what is going on.

The club may see some of the reaction as negative. What they should be doing is looking at themselves and asking questions.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

January Transfer Window on 17:32 - Jan 25 with 1755 viewsfourfourtwo

I can’t wait to see how the club try & spin this one in a positive light.
January Transfer Window on 17:35 - Jan 25 with 1744 viewsgolfaduffy

I'm afraid that the New Board are starting to look and act hopelessly out of their depth regarding running a football club. They may well be good in other areas of business, but football is unique.

This hole Brierley episode smells rotten. I was told by a Director that he was injured only 10 days ago. Lies. Or Chairman told Rodio Bolton that we ware signing 4 players in the coming week..3 weeks ago. Rubbish.

We have only signed a goalkeeper who has made an awful start, and he seems to be a replacement for one who was given a contract on way too much money. Amateurish.

That said I'm happier for us to fold completely than for MH and Bottom to profit from our demise. Unfortunately, it really looks like we might not have a team to support soon.
January Transfer Window on 17:52 - Jan 25 with 1655 viewsNewbury_Dale

Why let a player play a trial match for a club with a transfer embargo a week before the window closes ? If you need to sell Brierley to fund incomings then sending him to Sheff Utd at this late stage makes no sense.

It's about time the Trust asked for answers in terms of what the boards plan is to avert relegation. The strategy needs to be made public before weekend. If there's no plan then that needs advertising too.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2023 17:53]
January Transfer Window on 17:55 - Jan 25 with 1645 viewsMass_Debater

January Transfer Window on 16:52 - Jan 25 by EllDale

?
[Post edited 25 Jan 2023 18:00]
January Transfer Window on 18:10 - Jan 25 with 1561 viewsNorthernDale

I hope that Brierley transfer goes through, the lad deserves the chance to develop at a bigger club, but it says about the management at the Dale, that shi&e like Ball is selected before him.

I am convinced that we are not going to recruit anyone before Saturday and possibly next Tuesday deadline. It is so depressing knowing the clubs and manager states we looking to recruit four players, yet all we have signed is a a very poor keeper. What amazes me all you get on the clubs twitter account is tweets encouraging fans to get tickets for the games, are they that stupid or naive to think that the fans will be happy to watch a team that lacks quality, ability, desire and a work ethic to win games.
January Transfer Window on 18:14 - Jan 25 with 1532 views49thseason

January Transfer Window on 16:52 - Jan 25 by EllDale

Broadbent would look decent in this team..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024