Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oasis Reunion 2025 06:37 - Aug 26 with 14061 viewsLOTR

Tickets on sale 8am Tuesday. Rumour has it, 10 gigs including Glastonbury and Manchester.

10 nights at Wembley, now that wouldn't be bad going
[Post edited 26 Aug 6:37]
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 06:49 - Aug 26 with 6191 viewsSK_hoops

Incredible! Saw them once in Milton Keynes 2005, one of the best gigs I ever went to. 10 would be a record I believe.
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 07:49 - Aug 26 with 6039 viewsPaddyhoops

Lots of divorces to pay for .
This should do the trick .
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 08:01 - Aug 26 with 5954 viewsToast_R

Thing with them two is, you never know what mood they'll be in by the time to gigs come around, could have fallen out again.

This is definitely a case of absence makes the heart grow fonder. They were not that great or in particular high demand for the best part of a
good few years upto the split. Infact, musically, they were pretty average since Morning Glory truth be told.

I see Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds at Crystal Palace last Summer. I must admit, he was excellent live. Always thought he was a much better singer than his brother anyway. Liam sounds like he's lost his voice a bit as well.
[Post edited 26 Aug 8:04]
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 08:18 - Aug 26 with 5867 viewssprocket

I'll try and brace myself for all the bullshit
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 08:19 - Aug 26 with 5861 viewsPaddyhoops

Agree with everything you said there, Toast .
Liam’s voice does suit the majority of the songs though .
They could have a brilliant third album if they held back some of the sublime B sides which accompanied the early singles.
Let’s hope one of them doesn’t chin the other on the third night or you’ll end up with another solo tour.
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 09:07 - Aug 26 with 5664 viewsSydneyRs

Saw them in Sydney in around 2002 or 2003 in a small venue that holds maybe 2,000. They were fantastic, one of the best gigs I've ever been to.
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 09:15 - Aug 26 with 5633 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Saw them in Atlanta in 2005. The brothers behaved, and they were absolutely banging.

As Patrick said above: divorces to be paid for. I guess that's probably driving this.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 09:24 - Aug 26 with 5601 viewsted_hendrix

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 10:09 - Aug 26 with 5393 viewsqprxtc

The No Way Sis reunion is being announced at 3.33am on Wednesday. Twenty six nights at the Dog and Duck, every Saturday. Ticket price includes a free Pork Pie at the bar.
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 10:26 - Aug 26 with 5299 viewsGaryHaddock

I'd do a reunion with Jimmy Saville for the money they'll get for this.
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 10:39 - Aug 26 with 5216 viewsPaddyhoops

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 09:15 - Aug 26 by PlanetHonneywood

Saw them in Atlanta in 2005. The brothers behaved, and they were absolutely banging.

As Patrick said above: divorces to be paid for. I guess that's probably driving this.

Probably just an old cynic but somebody puts that money on the line you’d be a fool to turn it down.
Seen them support REM at Slane Castle in the mid nineties.
Also at Reading in 2000 or so . Felt for them as the Foo fighters played before them and pretty much blew them off the stage.
I’d recommend the pod casts with Wylie an Lamaq on BBC sounds .
Everything and more you need to know and more about the brothers Grimm.
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 12:02 - Aug 26 with 5025 viewsSK_hoops

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 08:01 - Aug 26 by Toast_R

Thing with them two is, you never know what mood they'll be in by the time to gigs come around, could have fallen out again.

This is definitely a case of absence makes the heart grow fonder. They were not that great or in particular high demand for the best part of a
good few years upto the split. Infact, musically, they were pretty average since Morning Glory truth be told.

I see Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds at Crystal Palace last Summer. I must admit, he was excellent live. Always thought he was a much better singer than his brother anyway. Liam sounds like he's lost his voice a bit as well.
[Post edited 26 Aug 8:04]

I like be here now too, albeit it's not as good as the first two albums. Everything after, pretty average, with some good songs dotted about. First 2 albums and B sides, absolutely untouchable.
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 12:17 - Aug 26 with 4922 viewsbaz_qpr

Here's a story for you...

Back in the mid 90's straight after Uni, I used to work in a major (now gone) London recording studio. I was the runner at the time (you start this way before being trained to be an engineer) which meant I was essentially the Studio manager responsible for the 3 studios, reception, getting bands what they wanted and cleaning up after the sessions.

One day we had the brothers Grim in to do. a b-side. They had just finished recording "Be Here Now".

Now I've met a lot of famous bands and musicians bigger than this lot, but they (and particularly Noel) were probably the rudest and most arrogant I've come across (bands and musicians are nearly always kind to people working in the studios) , and one of the most eventful 24 hours in my time there.

I should say I've never been a fan, they took the sound of Ride and ripped off Beatles songs with it.

Picture the scene. In studio 1 I have Oasis. In studio 2 I have Robbie Williams, Guy Chambers and team who have been in for months working on his first solo album. In Studio 3 I've got some Geordie nobody working on a debut album.

They are in quite early minus Liam and are pretty rude. Within a couple of hours Noel starts on me about the heating, which I've got up as high as it can go and do nothing about and he is just being an arsehole screaming at me and telling me I am lying.

Mid afternoon Liam rocks up walking in just like Kathy Burke does Perry in the sketch. He's actually quite sweet, friendly and chatty, but he is a 13 year old boy in a mans body. He stays out of the way only going in when he is called but he is mooching around the studios and gets chatting and friendly with Robbie and especially the Geordie unknown.

He goes up to the Geordies studio to listen to the track and then it all kicks off he's trying to start a fight with the Geordie accusing him of ripping off Wonderwall (bit of a cheek really giving their propensity to steal) and between the engineers we've managed to get between them calm him down and he's sat down with me moaning about it all and his brother.

About 10pm the band leave, they are all coked off their heads, and I go in to clean the studio.

Only I've discovered they have left the master DAT of " Be here now" in the DAT machine. Now what would you do, currently you have the biggest band in the country and they've left the master behind of their new unheard album, because they are all off their heads.

Of course you listen to it.

So I am in the studio with the assistant engineer from the session listening to it, and we are like this is a dog, this is miles off "definitely maybe" it's all really obvious Beatles rip off.

Assistant from the Robbie Williams session comes in and listens for a bit then goes and tells their session, now Robbie and all his team have come in. The Geordie has gone in Studio 3 so they decide to take it up stairs to that Studio to listen whilst I hoover and clean the place up.

Sessions end in the early hours I clean up lock up and go home (I'm due back 48 hours later as we worked 24 hours on 24 hours off).

About 11am the next day I get a frantic call from my Studio owner. Alan McGee has been on the phone.

You see I had assumed Robbie and team had put the tape back when they finished, I'd asked them to do so when they took it upstairs, but I stupidly forgot to check.

The next morning the producer had come in to recover the Master, and found it was missing from the machine. This caused a massive panic as you would imagine and a hunt for the DAT.

They of course found it in the machine of a different studio. McGee had been told and then rang my boss screaming that the most hotly anticipated album off the year had been bootlegged at his studio and he was going to sue them to oblivion. Lol. I explained what had happened, and following conversations with the Williams team who took responsibility and stood up for me I was absolved and got off with a severe bollocking!.

So that is my story of the 24 hours I worked with Oasis and how I was accused of bootlegging "Be here now"

Still can't stand them!
[Post edited 26 Aug 12:49]
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 12:23 - Aug 26 with 4895 viewscharmr

First album and early b sides just great rock and roll. The rest bits and pieces

Saw them in Kansas City and they were shyte. To be fair Noel’s acoustic set not mesmerizing by any shakes but at least he did give a fcuk. As he once said somedays they were on it others they weren’t.

Was in a toilet having a wee next to him once. Regret not talking about Rodney. (not an euphemism)

Definitely maybe
[Post edited 26 Aug 12:27]
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 12:42 - Aug 26 with 4765 viewsHAYESBOY

Never got them and never will. If they dangle that kind of money in front of you, you've got to take it.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 14:20 - Aug 26 with 4545 viewsSimonJames

Saw their farewell gig at Wembley, supported by Kasabian. Fantastic!

Would love to see their reunuion gig, but not "counting chickens..."
I think it's more likely to be the release of some lost tracks, combined with a 30th anniversary re-release of Definitely Maybe.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 14:36 - Aug 26 with 4453 viewsthame_hoops

Was never really my thing, but I appreciate them as musicians. Went to a gig with a girlfriend who was a fan, late 95, maybe Earl’s Court I think. The only issue I have with the gigs is it attracts a lot of idiots. Never have I seen so much fighting and drug taking at a gig. I’ll stay away from the Chiltern line when they play Wembley definitely.
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 14:41 - Aug 26 with 4420 viewsBlackCrowe

Never saw them back in the day despite liking them, so i'll try and get to one of the gigs for sure. Not many big rock and roll bands out there these days...tis the age of the flipping Swifties.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 15:11 - Aug 26 with 4318 viewskensalriser

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 12:17 - Aug 26 by baz_qpr

Here's a story for you...

Back in the mid 90's straight after Uni, I used to work in a major (now gone) London recording studio. I was the runner at the time (you start this way before being trained to be an engineer) which meant I was essentially the Studio manager responsible for the 3 studios, reception, getting bands what they wanted and cleaning up after the sessions.

One day we had the brothers Grim in to do. a b-side. They had just finished recording "Be Here Now".

Now I've met a lot of famous bands and musicians bigger than this lot, but they (and particularly Noel) were probably the rudest and most arrogant I've come across (bands and musicians are nearly always kind to people working in the studios) , and one of the most eventful 24 hours in my time there.

I should say I've never been a fan, they took the sound of Ride and ripped off Beatles songs with it.

Picture the scene. In studio 1 I have Oasis. In studio 2 I have Robbie Williams, Guy Chambers and team who have been in for months working on his first solo album. In Studio 3 I've got some Geordie nobody working on a debut album.

They are in quite early minus Liam and are pretty rude. Within a couple of hours Noel starts on me about the heating, which I've got up as high as it can go and do nothing about and he is just being an arsehole screaming at me and telling me I am lying.

Mid afternoon Liam rocks up walking in just like Kathy Burke does Perry in the sketch. He's actually quite sweet, friendly and chatty, but he is a 13 year old boy in a mans body. He stays out of the way only going in when he is called but he is mooching around the studios and gets chatting and friendly with Robbie and especially the Geordie unknown.

He goes up to the Geordies studio to listen to the track and then it all kicks off he's trying to start a fight with the Geordie accusing him of ripping off Wonderwall (bit of a cheek really giving their propensity to steal) and between the engineers we've managed to get between them calm him down and he's sat down with me moaning about it all and his brother.

About 10pm the band leave, they are all coked off their heads, and I go in to clean the studio.

Only I've discovered they have left the master DAT of " Be here now" in the DAT machine. Now what would you do, currently you have the biggest band in the country and they've left the master behind of their new unheard album, because they are all off their heads.

Of course you listen to it.

So I am in the studio with the assistant engineer from the session listening to it, and we are like this is a dog, this is miles off "definitely maybe" it's all really obvious Beatles rip off.

Assistant from the Robbie Williams session comes in and listens for a bit then goes and tells their session, now Robbie and all his team have come in. The Geordie has gone in Studio 3 so they decide to take it up stairs to that Studio to listen whilst I hoover and clean the place up.

Sessions end in the early hours I clean up lock up and go home (I'm due back 48 hours later as we worked 24 hours on 24 hours off).

About 11am the next day I get a frantic call from my Studio owner. Alan McGee has been on the phone.

You see I had assumed Robbie and team had put the tape back when they finished, I'd asked them to do so when they took it upstairs, but I stupidly forgot to check.

The next morning the producer had come in to recover the Master, and found it was missing from the machine. This caused a massive panic as you would imagine and a hunt for the DAT.

They of course found it in the machine of a different studio. McGee had been told and then rang my boss screaming that the most hotly anticipated album off the year had been bootlegged at his studio and he was going to sue them to oblivion. Lol. I explained what had happened, and following conversations with the Williams team who took responsibility and stood up for me I was absolved and got off with a severe bollocking!.

So that is my story of the 24 hours I worked with Oasis and how I was accused of bootlegging "Be here now"

Still can't stand them!
[Post edited 26 Aug 12:49]

Now that is benchmark ITK.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 16:15 - Aug 26 with 4226 viewsqpr1976

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 08:19 - Aug 26 by Paddyhoops

Agree with everything you said there, Toast .
Liam’s voice does suit the majority of the songs though .
They could have a brilliant third album if they held back some of the sublime B sides which accompanied the early singles.
Let’s hope one of them doesn’t chin the other on the third night or you’ll end up with another solo tour.

They did !
It’s called The Masterplan !

Or they could have just put the singles from their last 4 (or 5?) albums onto 1 album and that ‘might’ have been half decent too.
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 16:25 - Aug 26 with 4177 viewscharmr

I think with bands continuing and at least being credible depends on whether the singers voice is going and still intact. Liam Gallaghers gig at TRNSMT on i player playing Definitely maybe is solid except Liam can’t hit those notes anymore. Same with Mculloch and the Bunnymen. Saw The Cure not long ago and his voice was in fine form. Either luck or neglect wether the voice holds out I guess.
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 16:26 - Aug 26 with 4171 viewsqpr1976

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 12:02 - Aug 26 by SK_hoops

I like be here now too, albeit it's not as good as the first two albums. Everything after, pretty average, with some good songs dotted about. First 2 albums and B sides, absolutely untouchable.

Be Here Now, too self indulgent and songs too long (one they reprised as the last track as if 9 minutes and 20 seconds wasn’t enough earlier !) IMO…..but, Even Noel said it was a cocaine fuelled pile of poop.
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 17:14 - Aug 26 with 4002 viewsFrankRightguard

Saw them in Brighton at the time of Definitely Maybe with support from Ride and The La’s. Never seen them live since. Watched some of Liam’s set at Reading yesterday, not sure I’ll be rushing for tickets tbh.
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 17:42 - Aug 26 with 3927 viewshamptonhillhoop

Saw them at Hammersmith Palais in 1994, then at Glastonbury in 1995 and Earls Court about a year later. They were excellent at the Palais, and good at the other two. I'm not overly concerned about seeing them again, but it's a good opportunity for younger fans too see them.
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 18:30 - Aug 26 with 3777 viewsSK_hoops

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 16:26 - Aug 26 by qpr1976

Be Here Now, too self indulgent and songs too long (one they reprised as the last track as if 9 minutes and 20 seconds wasn’t enough earlier !) IMO…..but, Even Noel said it was a cocaine fuelled pile of poop.

Yeah, I get that, but I was 9 when it came out. Bought it with all my saved up pocket money, so will always hold a special nostalgic place.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024