Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oasis Reunion 2025 06:37 - Aug 26 with 14366 viewsLOTR

Tickets on sale 8am Tuesday. Rumour has it, 10 gigs including Glastonbury and Manchester.

10 nights at Wembley, now that wouldn't be bad going
[Post edited 26 Aug 6:37]
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 19:06 - Aug 26 with 3192 viewsFDC

We need to brace for a whole lot of "definitely maybe" gag headlines.
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 19:19 - Aug 26 with 3162 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 12:23 - Aug 26 by charmr

First album and early b sides just great rock and roll. The rest bits and pieces

Saw them in Kansas City and they were shyte. To be fair Noel’s acoustic set not mesmerizing by any shakes but at least he did give a fcuk. As he once said somedays they were on it others they weren’t.

Was in a toilet having a wee next to him once. Regret not talking about Rodney. (not an euphemism)

Definitely maybe
[Post edited 26 Aug 12:27]

Yep, this. No denying that Definitely Maybe is great stuff (I agree with Ted regarding Colombia - three chords to the fcker but what a song!) and some good uns thereafter - Acquiesce! - but What's The Story is a boring dirge and after that ….
I just hope they don’t put that Halifax ad out again, because that that rip off of his own song and All The Young Dudes is right down there in my songs of hell.
Soap Opera Rock.
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 19:44 - Aug 26 with 3080 viewsSpaceman_P

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 19:19 - Aug 26 by Ghost_on_the_Westway

Yep, this. No denying that Definitely Maybe is great stuff (I agree with Ted regarding Colombia - three chords to the fcker but what a song!) and some good uns thereafter - Acquiesce! - but What's The Story is a boring dirge and after that ….
I just hope they don’t put that Halifax ad out again, because that that rip off of his own song and All The Young Dudes is right down there in my songs of hell.
Soap Opera Rock.

more or less totally agree with this comment.

For me Oasis are one of the most overrated groups of the Britpop era, however Definitely Maybe is decent.
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 19:55 - Aug 26 with 3054 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 19:44 - Aug 26 by Spaceman_P

more or less totally agree with this comment.

For me Oasis are one of the most overrated groups of the Britpop era, however Definitely Maybe is decent.

You Know it’s True 😉
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 20:14 - Aug 26 with 2999 viewsFredManRave

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 19:06 - Aug 26 by FDC

We need to brace for a whole lot of "definitely maybe" gag headlines.

We'll just have to roll with it.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 20:20 - Aug 26 with 2970 viewscharmr

Is a US tour part of the masterplan
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 21:22 - Aug 26 with 2907 viewsAd99

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 12:17 - Aug 26 by baz_qpr

Here's a story for you...

Back in the mid 90's straight after Uni, I used to work in a major (now gone) London recording studio. I was the runner at the time (you start this way before being trained to be an engineer) which meant I was essentially the Studio manager responsible for the 3 studios, reception, getting bands what they wanted and cleaning up after the sessions.

One day we had the brothers Grim in to do. a b-side. They had just finished recording "Be Here Now".

Now I've met a lot of famous bands and musicians bigger than this lot, but they (and particularly Noel) were probably the rudest and most arrogant I've come across (bands and musicians are nearly always kind to people working in the studios) , and one of the most eventful 24 hours in my time there.

I should say I've never been a fan, they took the sound of Ride and ripped off Beatles songs with it.

Picture the scene. In studio 1 I have Oasis. In studio 2 I have Robbie Williams, Guy Chambers and team who have been in for months working on his first solo album. In Studio 3 I've got some Geordie nobody working on a debut album.

They are in quite early minus Liam and are pretty rude. Within a couple of hours Noel starts on me about the heating, which I've got up as high as it can go and do nothing about and he is just being an arsehole screaming at me and telling me I am lying.

Mid afternoon Liam rocks up walking in just like Kathy Burke does Perry in the sketch. He's actually quite sweet, friendly and chatty, but he is a 13 year old boy in a mans body. He stays out of the way only going in when he is called but he is mooching around the studios and gets chatting and friendly with Robbie and especially the Geordie unknown.

He goes up to the Geordies studio to listen to the track and then it all kicks off he's trying to start a fight with the Geordie accusing him of ripping off Wonderwall (bit of a cheek really giving their propensity to steal) and between the engineers we've managed to get between them calm him down and he's sat down with me moaning about it all and his brother.

About 10pm the band leave, they are all coked off their heads, and I go in to clean the studio.

Only I've discovered they have left the master DAT of " Be here now" in the DAT machine. Now what would you do, currently you have the biggest band in the country and they've left the master behind of their new unheard album, because they are all off their heads.

Of course you listen to it.

So I am in the studio with the assistant engineer from the session listening to it, and we are like this is a dog, this is miles off "definitely maybe" it's all really obvious Beatles rip off.

Assistant from the Robbie Williams session comes in and listens for a bit then goes and tells their session, now Robbie and all his team have come in. The Geordie has gone in Studio 3 so they decide to take it up stairs to that Studio to listen whilst I hoover and clean the place up.

Sessions end in the early hours I clean up lock up and go home (I'm due back 48 hours later as we worked 24 hours on 24 hours off).

About 11am the next day I get a frantic call from my Studio owner. Alan McGee has been on the phone.

You see I had assumed Robbie and team had put the tape back when they finished, I'd asked them to do so when they took it upstairs, but I stupidly forgot to check.

The next morning the producer had come in to recover the Master, and found it was missing from the machine. This caused a massive panic as you would imagine and a hunt for the DAT.

They of course found it in the machine of a different studio. McGee had been told and then rang my boss screaming that the most hotly anticipated album off the year had been bootlegged at his studio and he was going to sue them to oblivion. Lol. I explained what had happened, and following conversations with the Williams team who took responsibility and stood up for me I was absolved and got off with a severe bollocking!.

So that is my story of the 24 hours I worked with Oasis and how I was accused of bootlegging "Be here now"

Still can't stand them!
[Post edited 26 Aug 12:49]

Awesome story! Got any more?!
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 21:48 - Aug 26 with 2846 viewsLblock

Couldn’t give a flying for most of the critique and almost nose gazing about them as a band.

If you don’t like it fine.
I’d love it, love it, if this is to be the reunion and, if it is I’ll be going large and hunting down tickets.

Saw them live more than any other band I’ve seen.
Loved every gig and let’s face it, this is all about nostalgia and thinking you’re in your twenties again for a few hours.

Hoping for some time in the sun-shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiineehhhhh next summer

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 21:53 - Aug 26 with 2808 viewsLandshark

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 20:20 - Aug 26 by charmr

Is a US tour part of the masterplan

I'm going to say yes.
[Post edited 26 Aug 21:58]
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 21:55 - Aug 26 with 2784 viewsqpr_1968

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 21:48 - Aug 26 by Lblock

Couldn’t give a flying for most of the critique and almost nose gazing about them as a band.

If you don’t like it fine.
I’d love it, love it, if this is to be the reunion and, if it is I’ll be going large and hunting down tickets.

Saw them live more than any other band I’ve seen.
Loved every gig and let’s face it, this is all about nostalgia and thinking you’re in your twenties again for a few hours.

Hoping for some time in the sun-shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiineehhhhh next summer

loved them.....this is definately a matter of opinion...

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 22:05 - Aug 26 with 2722 viewsqueensparker

When Oasis first came out they were fkin amazing - I saw them in places like the Palais and the Duchess of York pub in Leeds and they blew me and and mates away. What a band and what a time

Definitely Maybe I wore out my Walkman on, the second album I played to death

I dunno though the Knebworth gig was a sea of rude tw-ts and bad coke lads and no women and the magic kind of left me for Oasis then

Saw them a couple of times in the late 90s and it felt empty.

They were a spectacular band for the time but I don’t think they’ve dated well
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 22:16 - Aug 26 with 2680 viewsbaz_qpr

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 21:22 - Aug 26 by Ad99

Awesome story! Got any more?!

Lol - I have a few! 18 months (96-97 I was 22-23) I worked in that studio at the height of Britpop before leaving the industry and I could and should have written a book or kept a diary, the most mad mental period of my life, but not a lifestyle you can live for too long. Musicians, producers and engineers on the whole were really nicest kindest, friendly people the Gallaghers being an outlier.
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 22:35 - Aug 26 with 2629 viewsSydneyRs

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 19:19 - Aug 26 by Ghost_on_the_Westway

Soap Opera Rock.

Totally agree that the second album is overrated. I was backpacking when it came out and was so looking forward to buying it after Definitely Maybe which I love. While I didn't hate it I just did not get the hype and was a bit disappointed tbh.

And Wonderwall, bloody Wonderwall. Played to death on radio etc. An ok song, no more. But it made them a fortune and set the formula they followed after that.

As others have said only the odd decent song here and there afterwards and I lost interest. The night I saw them in Sydney was perfect though. Played all the best songs and the atmosphere was superb.
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 22:43 - Aug 26 with 2599 viewsqueensparker

Loftforwords asked if they were excited about the Oasis reunion.

They said maybe
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 22:44 - Aug 26 with 2592 viewsrobith

Have never cared for them as a band (though I will admit that Liam is very very funny, he makes me laugh a lot) but might get an Airbnb in wembley for the dates and just flog Stella, gear and bucket hats and retire on the profits.

3 mates tried to convince me to see them at Finsbury Park. I ultimately said no cos tickets were in high demand and I'd have felt bad taking a space from someone it would've meant the world to. They all got there really early to get down the front, realised they couldn't get out and were just squished there for hours whilst pint after pint of piss was lobbed over their heads. One of the squad lived in Portsmouth at the time, made the last train but had to sit there soaking in urine all the way home haha
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 22:49 - Aug 26 with 2565 viewscolinallcars

Think I'd rather have a defecating proctogram at Charing Cross hospital.
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 11:20 - Aug 27 with 2087 viewsSK_hoops

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 22:35 - Aug 26 by SydneyRs

Totally agree that the second album is overrated. I was backpacking when it came out and was so looking forward to buying it after Definitely Maybe which I love. While I didn't hate it I just did not get the hype and was a bit disappointed tbh.

And Wonderwall, bloody Wonderwall. Played to death on radio etc. An ok song, no more. But it made them a fortune and set the formula they followed after that.

As others have said only the odd decent song here and there afterwards and I lost interest. The night I saw them in Sydney was perfect though. Played all the best songs and the atmosphere was superb.

Second album is my favourite album of all time. Will do whatever I possibly can to score a ticket on Saturday.
[Post edited 27 Aug 11:22]
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 12:02 - Aug 27 with 1993 viewskensalriser

The one thing about Oasis that’s surprised me is Noel turning out to be a much bigger twàt than Liam.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 12:35 - Aug 27 with 1925 viewsSilverfoxqpr

I try and see the good in most things, including music and will always give stuff a chance. Inevitably though, music being an at form and subjective you're never going to like everything.

This lot though I just never got, not even a little bit. Even as impressionable 23 year old watching these clowns in the Enterprise in Camden then a year or so later in a tent at Glastonbury I thought they were utter gash as a live act. Static, motionless and trying to look hard whilst bashing out songs sounding like nursey rhyme B sides.

Fair play to them I suppose, they captured the hearts of many. For me though the most overrated band in my lifetime by some distance.
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 12:36 - Aug 27 with 1919 viewscharmr

Oasis reunite with backing singers.
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 14:00 - Aug 27 with 1623 viewswombat

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 12:36 - Aug 27 by charmr

Oasis reunite with backing singers.

saw them a few times back in the day , also seen noel solo and liam solo

cant bloody wait , one question thoughb

bloody wales for the first gig ???????????????????

liam at knebowrth couple of years back superb gig esp with kasbian supporting , them

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 09:53 - Aug 31 with 1108 viewsSK_hoops

32,253 in the queue for Wembley on the Sunday 🤣🤣🤣
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 10:05 - Aug 31 with 1030 viewsdavman

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 22:35 - Aug 26 by SydneyRs

Convinced in my own head that Wonderwall was nothing until that parody by Mike Flowers came out.

Probably completely wrong.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 11:27 - Aug 31 with 865 viewsLblock

Anyone manage to get tickets?

Fair play if you did

I expected the process to be a mare but not as big a mare as it is.

I'm crossing my fingers they announce the Thursday & Friday so I have a chance of nabbing some.
At the moment I don't fancy my chances what with being 290,072 in the queue with that dropping from 331,233 about two hours ago.

Will I get them? I said maybe......

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 11:44 - Aug 31 with 807 viewsChrisNW6

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 11:27 - Aug 31 by Lblock

Anyone manage to get tickets?

Fair play if you did

I expected the process to be a mare but not as big a mare as it is.

I'm crossing my fingers they announce the Thursday & Friday so I have a chance of nabbing some.
At the moment I don't fancy my chances what with being 290,072 in the queue with that dropping from 331,233 about two hours ago.

Will I get them? I said maybe......

I'm still at the blue bar stage and only just over halfway. Do you get a number in the queue after this?

Think I'm gonna give up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024