Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oasis Reunion 2025 06:37 - Aug 26 with 14368 viewsLOTR

Tickets on sale 8am Tuesday. Rumour has it, 10 gigs including Glastonbury and Manchester.

10 nights at Wembley, now that wouldn't be bad going
[Post edited 26 Aug 6:37]
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 16:11 - Sep 1 with 1789 viewsPaddyhoops

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 15:51 - Sep 1 by dubaistu

Paid over £1435 for 4 tickets, expect to be polished off once their set ends by each and every backstage groupie for that price.

3 season tickets for that . You must be a fan .
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 16:32 - Sep 1 with 1662 viewsdubaistu

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 16:11 - Sep 1 by Paddyhoops

3 season tickets for that . You must be a fan .

Tell me about it!
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 17:36 - Sep 1 with 1508 viewswood_hoop

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GWUw1vNXAAAy7LH?format=jpg&name=medium
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 17:55 - Sep 1 with 1432 viewsDWQPR

I’m glad I didn’t get any tickets for Oasis. All this dynamic pricing that was going on and Ticketmasters excuse that the price automatically responded to high demand is total bullshît. It was the most obvious thing this century that demand was going to be huge and they knew that and the brothers Gallagher, greedy fûcking Mancs knew that as well. They have just totally ripped off their fans. Bit like PL football teams. Don’t give a fûck about the supporters, it’s all about the money. Cûnts.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 19:13 - Sep 1 with 1281 viewsLblock

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 15:51 - Sep 1 by dubaistu

Paid over £1435 for 4 tickets, expect to be polished off once their set ends by each and every backstage groupie for that price.

Fair play fella

Don’t focus on the price is my advice
I just hope weather is good, they are good and a memorable evening is had.
It’s a one off and if you’re a fan there’s lengths you go to…… (you’d think football fans would understand that).
We can’t control the market and clearly prices are heavy but expected nothing less.

Stick £7 a week away from here on in and your ticket is paid for.

ENJOY!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 19:25 - Sep 1 with 1257 viewsRanger_Things

Little Ranger Things got hold of tickets for £65 each. She was online early doors with 4 devices lined up in the queue but only one got through to the ordering stage.
Oasis Reunion 2025 on 19:44 - Sep 1 with 1207 viewsBlackCrowe

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 19:13 - Sep 1 by Lblock

Fair play fella

Don’t focus on the price is my advice
I just hope weather is good, they are good and a memorable evening is had.
It’s a one off and if you’re a fan there’s lengths you go to…… (you’d think football fans would understand that).
We can’t control the market and clearly prices are heavy but expected nothing less.

Stick £7 a week away from here on in and your ticket is paid for.

ENJOY!!

It's true that...21 years ago i paid c.£200 to see the Stones play a pre-tour warm up gig at the Astoria on Tottenham Court Road. Had to go the day before to have wristband fitted, it felt very exclusive. £200 was an absolute fortune for me at the time but don't regret a penny of it to this day.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 10:00 - Sep 2 with 881 viewsPaddyhoops

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 16:32 - Sep 1 by dubaistu

Tell me about it!

Seen them in 95 at Slane Castle playing second fiddle to an REM at the top of their game .
Still have the ticket which was 25 notes.
Thinking back it was great value but in those days you queued outside our plethora of record / Cd shops to obtain your ticket.
None of your competitive pricing which was more beneficial to the average punter.
Mind you I still had to pay for a flight to get back to Ireland for the gig.
Login to get fewer ads

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 11:33 - Sep 2 with 669 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 12:17 - Aug 26 by baz_qpr

Here's a story for you...

Back in the mid 90's straight after Uni, I used to work in a major (now gone) London recording studio. I was the runner at the time (you start this way before being trained to be an engineer) which meant I was essentially the Studio manager responsible for the 3 studios, reception, getting bands what they wanted and cleaning up after the sessions.

One day we had the brothers Grim in to do. a b-side. They had just finished recording "Be Here Now".

Now I've met a lot of famous bands and musicians bigger than this lot, but they (and particularly Noel) were probably the rudest and most arrogant I've come across (bands and musicians are nearly always kind to people working in the studios) , and one of the most eventful 24 hours in my time there.

I should say I've never been a fan, they took the sound of Ride and ripped off Beatles songs with it.

Picture the scene. In studio 1 I have Oasis. In studio 2 I have Robbie Williams, Guy Chambers and team who have been in for months working on his first solo album. In Studio 3 I've got some Geordie nobody working on a debut album.

They are in quite early minus Liam and are pretty rude. Within a couple of hours Noel starts on me about the heating, which I've got up as high as it can go and do nothing about and he is just being an arsehole screaming at me and telling me I am lying.

Mid afternoon Liam rocks up walking in just like Kathy Burke does Perry in the sketch. He's actually quite sweet, friendly and chatty, but he is a 13 year old boy in a mans body. He stays out of the way only going in when he is called but he is mooching around the studios and gets chatting and friendly with Robbie and especially the Geordie unknown.

He goes up to the Geordies studio to listen to the track and then it all kicks off he's trying to start a fight with the Geordie accusing him of ripping off Wonderwall (bit of a cheek really giving their propensity to steal) and between the engineers we've managed to get between them calm him down and he's sat down with me moaning about it all and his brother.

About 10pm the band leave, they are all coked off their heads, and I go in to clean the studio.

Only I've discovered they have left the master DAT of " Be here now" in the DAT machine. Now what would you do, currently you have the biggest band in the country and they've left the master behind of their new unheard album, because they are all off their heads.

Of course you listen to it.

So I am in the studio with the assistant engineer from the session listening to it, and we are like this is a dog, this is miles off "definitely maybe" it's all really obvious Beatles rip off.

Assistant from the Robbie Williams session comes in and listens for a bit then goes and tells their session, now Robbie and all his team have come in. The Geordie has gone in Studio 3 so they decide to take it up stairs to that Studio to listen whilst I hoover and clean the place up.

Sessions end in the early hours I clean up lock up and go home (I'm due back 48 hours later as we worked 24 hours on 24 hours off).

About 11am the next day I get a frantic call from my Studio owner. Alan McGee has been on the phone.

You see I had assumed Robbie and team had put the tape back when they finished, I'd asked them to do so when they took it upstairs, but I stupidly forgot to check.

The next morning the producer had come in to recover the Master, and found it was missing from the machine. This caused a massive panic as you would imagine and a hunt for the DAT.

They of course found it in the machine of a different studio. McGee had been told and then rang my boss screaming that the most hotly anticipated album off the year had been bootlegged at his studio and he was going to sue them to oblivion. Lol. I explained what had happened, and following conversations with the Williams team who took responsibility and stood up for me I was absolved and got off with a severe bollocking!.

So that is my story of the 24 hours I worked with Oasis and how I was accused of bootlegging "Be here now"

Still can't stand them!
[Post edited 26 Aug 12:49]

Brilliant. That story is immortal.

DonnieR

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 11:35 - Sep 2 with 668 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 12:02 - Aug 26 by SK_hoops

I like be here now too, albeit it's not as good as the first two albums. Everything after, pretty average, with some good songs dotted about. First 2 albums and B sides, absolutely untouchable.

I’m biased- Depeche Mode B sides better 😀😀😀😉👌 “Keep it in your memory, leave it in your past, but don’t forget”
[Post edited 2 Sep 11:37]

DonnieR

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 11:45 - Sep 2 with 650 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

Oasis Reunion 2025 on 11:35 - Sep 2 by SouthAfricanRanger

I’m biased- Depeche Mode B sides better 😀😀😀😉👌 “Keep it in your memory, leave it in your past, but don’t forget”
[Post edited 2 Sep 11:37]

[Post edited 2 Sep 11:45]

DonnieR

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024