Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale 21:55 - Feb 15 with 19059 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/54229/match-preview-blackpo

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:03 - Feb 16 with 1910 viewsDaleFan7

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:48 - Feb 16 by JimmyRustler

It’s awful. We’ve won something like 3 in our last 20 games and we still aren’t in the bottom 4. Piss poor league this season and we are amongst the worst of the lot. If we don’t change something soon then we’re simply accepting the inevitable slide into League 2 and beyond

Bristol Rovers above us now. Burton won 3 of their last 4 and no longer cut adrift at the bottom.

Something needs to change or that will be where we are at the end of March. Our March fixtures look rough.
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:04 - Feb 16 with 1868 viewsdalelee

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:49 - Feb 16 by 442Dale

And if we are playing 4-4-2, having two proper wide players with regular full backs behind them helps too.

Shaughnessy is wasted in that formation, so was Osho, so was Rathbone. It was obvious to all as it happened last week.

Edit: as illustrated by that move which won a corner.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2021 20:50]

Agree.

We need Rathbones energy in the middle. Midfield was non existent in the first half.

Not sure we can take any positives from the game. Ok we was better second half, but we cannot afford to be so far off the pace for 45 minutes and expect to get anything from the game.
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:05 - Feb 16 with 1845 viewsSuddenLad

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:34 - Feb 16 by finberty

Back in the good old days before Hilly started over-thinking everything, one of the hallmarks of his sides was that they were very well conditioned and very fit so that they kept going at 90 minutes. By contrast, this side, in the main younger than those sides, clearly lack energy and drive. And with that, a bit of belief?

Off to Wembley our Keef. Beaten Oxford at the Kassam tonight.

P.S. Morely is woeful.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:05 - Feb 16 with 1839 viewsRippDale

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:03 - Feb 16 by DaleFan7

Bristol Rovers above us now. Burton won 3 of their last 4 and no longer cut adrift at the bottom.

Something needs to change or that will be where we are at the end of March. Our March fixtures look rough.

Another insipid performance, no real threat and drifted to defeat. Drifting to league unless we try something different
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:06 - Feb 16 with 1825 views442Dale

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:01 - Feb 16 by dawlishdale

I'm afraid BBMs ridiculous first half tactics have cost us the game tonight.

Still almost impossible to work out. If McLaughlin doesn’t last 90 minutes, then there are others to replace him. The minute we went with a CH at RB everything else was impacted, similar to when Hill played Donervan Daniels there in a game at Blackpool in 2017!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:06 - Feb 16 with 1818 viewsJimmyRustler

We need to get someone in on a deal until the end of the season (this could hopefully attract someone above our station such as Paul Cook). No harm done to their reputation if they don’t succeed and if they do, their stock rises and we stay in the division. If we continue like this we will sink without a trace
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:07 - Feb 16 with 1788 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:01 - Feb 16 by dawlishdale

I'm afraid BBMs ridiculous first half tactics have cost us the game tonight.

Tactics poor, but some of our first touches, passing etc are really off too. Humphries probably had his worst game since he came summed up by miss controlling what would have been a 1 on 1 with the keeper. Keohane & Mclaughlin coming on made some difference & Keohane had our other glorious chance but put a header from 8 yards out 6 yards wide. Blackpool deserved the win because they defended with relative ease even in the second half where we had a bit more possession in their half. Other results tonight not great so the clock may start ticking for BBM.
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:08 - Feb 16 with 1767 viewsBarrowdale

Very pleased with our progress especially when not in possession, which is handy because we were not in possession quite a lot. Pleased that despite us playing most of the squad in the wrong position we still can sit incredibly deep and not press, or tackle. Pleased with how Newby gives it away every time. All in all just pleased with the footballing masterplan that should look impressive in Nat League Nth
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:09 - Feb 16 with 1735 viewsfunkkk

Table not looking good tonight.

Bizarre tactics from BBM as has been pointed out throughout this thread. Don’t think we ever looked like we were going to score and the game seemed to pass quite a few players by.
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:10 - Feb 16 with 1697 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 20:55 - Feb 16 by judd

We are FORWARD LOOKING

"I'm really looking forward to being part of the journey moving forwards.”

George D'Elves

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:12 - Feb 16 with 1646 viewsdawlishdale

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:07 - Feb 16 by Nigeriamark

Tactics poor, but some of our first touches, passing etc are really off too. Humphries probably had his worst game since he came summed up by miss controlling what would have been a 1 on 1 with the keeper. Keohane & Mclaughlin coming on made some difference & Keohane had our other glorious chance but put a header from 8 yards out 6 yards wide. Blackpool deserved the win because they defended with relative ease even in the second half where we had a bit more possession in their half. Other results tonight not great so the clock may start ticking for BBM.

Stupid team selection by BBM. Osho Rathbone and Lund all out of position. They have been amongst our best performers, so I hope he is specifically asked about his thought process by the after game interview bloke.
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:12 - Feb 16 with 1637 viewsIOMDale

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:10 - Feb 16 by D_Alien

George D'Elves

Hope he’s wearing his seatbelt.
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:14 - Feb 16 with 1585 viewsIOMDale

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:12 - Feb 16 by dawlishdale

Stupid team selection by BBM. Osho Rathbone and Lund all out of position. They have been amongst our best performers, so I hope he is specifically asked about his thought process by the after game interview bloke.

If the interviewer did ask such a difficult question, I’m sure somebody at the club would make their displeasure known.
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:14 - Feb 16 with 1574 viewsfunkkk

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:12 - Feb 16 by dawlishdale

Don’t hold your breath.
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:18 - Feb 16 with 1480 views1949er

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:12 - Feb 16 by IOMDale

Hope he’s wearing his seatbelt.

With Cook Cowley, Holloway and Tisdale all unemployed why do we persist with BBM? Is is just abojt finances?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:20 - Feb 16 with 1449 viewsBigKindo

Nothing will change and I expect to see a similar thread after Saturday's match.
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:22 - Feb 16 with 1403 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:18 - Feb 16 by 1949er

With Cook Cowley, Holloway and Tisdale all unemployed why do we persist with BBM? Is is just abojt finances?

No,imho our CEO couldn't handle some of those personalities

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:27 - Feb 16 with 1309 viewsBigKindo

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:22 - Feb 16 by D_Alien

No,imho our CEO couldn't handle some of those personalities

A sign of weakness perhaps. I still await a response to a email which I sent him several.months ago. Totally discourteous if nothing else. So what do you expect. He apparently is lord of all he surveys.
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:29 - Feb 16 with 1270 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:27 - Feb 16 by BigKindo

A sign of weakness perhaps. I still await a response to a email which I sent him several.months ago. Totally discourteous if nothing else. So what do you expect. He apparently is lord of all he surveys.

Did you send it to his Sky Sports News/ BBC Radio Manchester email accounts?

Perhaps one of his people will connect with you?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:32 - Feb 16 with 1220 viewsSandyman

Managers pursuing "square peg round hole" tactics that don't work is a sign of desperation (Hill, Eyre, ad infinitum) and we know how it ends up, likeable person or not.

It seems like the players of seemingly failing Northampton and Brizzle had it within them to get a point or points off play-off contenders tonight, their directors having had enough of bleedin' obvious failures by a manager. Tonight makes Graham Barrow's 6 centre half's at Cambridge where we got a point look more positive than what we have now.

Dress it up as you will, Dale are kak. They shouldn't be. Even given the shocking tardiness with recruitment last Summer. There's some quality players in there but week after week we show no sign of improvement as a team under this regime, and the home form speaks for itself.

Decisions from the boardroom to address whether they want to make a fight against relegation or not in the coming hours and days will show their intent as custodians of RAFC. Or are personal fiefdoms more important?
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:35 - Feb 16 with 1173 viewsBigKindo

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:29 - Feb 16 by judd

Did you send it to his Sky Sports News/ BBC Radio Manchester email accounts?

Perhaps one of his people will connect with you?

It doesn't work in that you don't get replies when you send it to his Dale address. Are we advertising for the new position of a Director of Communications with additionally qualifications of good old fashioned courtesy to the paying customer.
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:36 - Feb 16 with 1144 viewsJames1980

Right from when the team came on to the pitch I didn't feel confident because the players didn't look up to it to me. By that I mean they looked a bit subdued, even before kick off.
I actually wouldn't have minded Hill taking us down because I reckon a campaign to take us back into League One would have helped him find his mojo. I am not sure that if we do go down and BBM stays he would be the man for a promotion campaign.
But if we sack BBM and still get relegated do we keep the new bloke or start League 2 with the 3rd manager in about 7 months? Yes we could offer a contract till the end of the season. But an experienced manager will charge a premium for such a contract.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:38 - Feb 16 with 1104 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:35 - Feb 16 by BigKindo

It doesn't work in that you don't get replies when you send it to his Dale address. Are we advertising for the new position of a Director of Communications with additionally qualifications of good old fashioned courtesy to the paying customer.

That would only come if 3 new roles were created under the head role, freeing up time for preening and posturing.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:38 - Feb 16 with 1108 views442Dale

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:32 - Feb 16 by Sandyman

Managers pursuing "square peg round hole" tactics that don't work is a sign of desperation (Hill, Eyre, ad infinitum) and we know how it ends up, likeable person or not.

It seems like the players of seemingly failing Northampton and Brizzle had it within them to get a point or points off play-off contenders tonight, their directors having had enough of bleedin' obvious failures by a manager. Tonight makes Graham Barrow's 6 centre half's at Cambridge where we got a point look more positive than what we have now.

Dress it up as you will, Dale are kak. They shouldn't be. Even given the shocking tardiness with recruitment last Summer. There's some quality players in there but week after week we show no sign of improvement as a team under this regime, and the home form speaks for itself.

Decisions from the boardroom to address whether they want to make a fight against relegation or not in the coming hours and days will show their intent as custodians of RAFC. Or are personal fiefdoms more important?

That Cambridge game was actually a good trip! Snow on the way down (in April), started off with Bayliss, Hill, Monington, Farrell, Pender and Lydiate in the side and even played quite well.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:40 - Feb 16 with 1078 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 21:10 - Feb 16 by D_Alien

George D'Elves

Does his job title involve "sackings"?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024