Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale 21:55 - Feb 15 with 19415 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/54229/match-preview-blackpo

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 13:10 - Feb 17 with 1789 viewsCedar_Room

BBM has to go it’s as simple as that. His record throughout his 2 years has been abysmal. Apart from the miracle of keeping us up what exactly has he achieved here? Can anyone remember a time where he strung together a decent run of results?
I didn’t know if I was being unfair so I tried to look back at the results from the man I consider to be the worst manager in my Dale time - Steve Eyre (still an utterly inexplicable appointment who squandered so much good work Hill had done). I couldn’t find his overall stats but the article from when he was sacked has a Dunphy quote saying “ Unfortunately we're in a results-driven industry and four wins out of 21 is not acceptable”. The article says Eyre only led Rochdale to six wins in 27 games. Well BBM has led us to 6 wins in 28 league games this season. Have our standards really slipped so far that this is just the shite we have to put up with now?? If it wasn’t acceptable for Eyre why is it acceptable for BBM??
I also looked back at the record of Barrow who I remember producing the previous worst batch of dire football I remember I my time supported the club. His record at Rochdale was P155 W50 D40 L65 Win% 32.3. That compares with BBMs stats of P91 W29 D22 L40 Win% 31.9. So just about a worse record even than Barrow.
What exactly are we holding onto here?? What exactly from his entire record indicates this is the guy who can turn this around and kick us into shape? I genuinely believe that it’s only the complete awfulness of the teams below us that have seen us miraculously stay outside the bottom 4 that this is seemingly being tolerated. But those teams are now picking up points whilst we still continue to lose them. This is only going to end one way and I for one have no appetite for another season in League Two. BBM has to go.
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 13:16 - Feb 17 with 1741 viewsmilnrowblue

I was a long time supporter of BBM and thought he was the man to take us forward, and still hope he does pull us out of the proverbial heap, but I have absolutely no faith in him to do so and would probably let his contract expire whether we stay up or go down at the end of the season.

I think there's been a slight overreaction that's been brewing in terms of just throwing the season tickets in and having done with it. I for one can't wait to get back into the Sandy whether it be in League One, Two or the Manchester League with Heyside and Sacred Heart.

Inexcusable results on the pitch and a sheer lack of vision from the boardroom, but surely the complete wrong answer is to call it a draw and leave the stands emptier than we left them for the players to come back to?

In terms of who we get in to replace BBM if he does get the chop, we'd need an authoritarian in the changing room to rally the players for a fight - the complete opposite to BBM who from what we can see must sit there and twiddle his thumbs when we've just been pumped for 45 minutes.

Dream? Paul Cook. Expectation? Any yes man available at the time.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2021 13:18]
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 13:32 - Feb 17 with 1663 viewsCedar_Room

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 13:10 - Feb 17 by Cedar_Room

BBM has to go it’s as simple as that. His record throughout his 2 years has been abysmal. Apart from the miracle of keeping us up what exactly has he achieved here? Can anyone remember a time where he strung together a decent run of results?
I didn’t know if I was being unfair so I tried to look back at the results from the man I consider to be the worst manager in my Dale time - Steve Eyre (still an utterly inexplicable appointment who squandered so much good work Hill had done). I couldn’t find his overall stats but the article from when he was sacked has a Dunphy quote saying “ Unfortunately we're in a results-driven industry and four wins out of 21 is not acceptable”. The article says Eyre only led Rochdale to six wins in 27 games. Well BBM has led us to 6 wins in 28 league games this season. Have our standards really slipped so far that this is just the shite we have to put up with now?? If it wasn’t acceptable for Eyre why is it acceptable for BBM??
I also looked back at the record of Barrow who I remember producing the previous worst batch of dire football I remember I my time supported the club. His record at Rochdale was P155 W50 D40 L65 Win% 32.3. That compares with BBMs stats of P91 W29 D22 L40 Win% 31.9. So just about a worse record even than Barrow.
What exactly are we holding onto here?? What exactly from his entire record indicates this is the guy who can turn this around and kick us into shape? I genuinely believe that it’s only the complete awfulness of the teams below us that have seen us miraculously stay outside the bottom 4 that this is seemingly being tolerated. But those teams are now picking up points whilst we still continue to lose them. This is only going to end one way and I for one have no appetite for another season in League Two. BBM has to go.

and just to add to this because I hadn’t checked but Dale have won only 3 of our last 21 games. Eyre got sacked for winning 4 out of 21.
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 13:41 - Feb 17 with 1626 viewsAtThePeake

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 12:42 - Feb 17 by JimmyRustler

It certainly wouldn’t do them any harm. The footballing world (or at least UK) has eyes on our results at the moment thanks to the recent publicity that our cavalier football has brought. I wasn’t specifically asking for Paul Cook but to be fair, he is desperate to get into football and in these uncertain times, a job is a job isn’t it? It’s a convenient, pressure free few months at a stable club with what will be a decent wage. I don’t think it’s to be sniffed at personally

I'm not sure it would be pressure free though as I think a relegation from L1 would damage his reputation. If I was a fan of a Championship club that hired Cook right now I'd be quite happy given his track record and given how Wigan improved at the end of last season in his last job. Fast-forward three months and if he had just failed to keep a team up in League One I'd be far less enthused.

Tangled up in blue.

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 13:55 - Feb 17 with 1572 viewsJames1980

If the board has decided they are sticking with BBM and extend his contract till the end of the season, might that give a bit of stability to the players. Some of them whilst not necessarily wanting him to go must be wondering will we have a new manager soon.

Also would having a 'hardman' to replace BBM make some of you feel better about relegation if it happened. 'We got relegated but at least we had a manager that beasted the players for the last bit of the season.'

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 14:04 - Feb 17 with 1554 viewsDalenet

I don't know why people keep quoting his contract expires in a few weeks. Just because we announced a 2 year deal in April do we really believe it literally expires in April? He must be here until end of July in the same way most players contracts are written.

So unless he is moved aside or sacked (both relatively cheap options) he will be here until July.
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 14:20 - Feb 17 with 1515 viewsJimmyRustler

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 13:41 - Feb 17 by AtThePeake

I'm not sure it would be pressure free though as I think a relegation from L1 would damage his reputation. If I was a fan of a Championship club that hired Cook right now I'd be quite happy given his track record and given how Wigan improved at the end of last season in his last job. Fast-forward three months and if he had just failed to keep a team up in League One I'd be far less enthused.

I semi agree but fans don’t make the appointments. And it would be easy to frame a relegation in the way you want to during an interview, whilst distancing yourself from any blame (far less outgoing and “gift of the gab” managers than Paul Cook have been blagging it successfully for years!).
Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 14:21 - Feb 17 with 1509 viewsShun

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 14:04 - Feb 17 by Dalenet

I don't know why people keep quoting his contract expires in a few weeks. Just because we announced a 2 year deal in April do we really believe it literally expires in April? He must be here until end of July in the same way most players contracts are written.

So unless he is moved aside or sacked (both relatively cheap options) he will be here until July.

My thoughts too. There's no way a board is going to sanction a contract, for a manager or player, expiring in April. It'll be running till July as you say.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 14:56 - Feb 17 with 1443 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 14:21 - Feb 17 by Shun

My thoughts too. There's no way a board is going to sanction a contract, for a manager or player, expiring in April. It'll be running till July as you say.

Wouldn't they have just said he is contracted till Summer 2021 if that was the case.

The 17-year-old has signed a deal that will keep him at the Crown Oil Arena until the summer of 2021. Re Baah

The 30-year-old, who was out of contract this summer, has put pen to paper on a new two-year deal. Re Done

The 22-year-old has been penned a three-year deal, keeping him contracted to Dale until the summer of 2022. Re Rathbone.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2021 15:05]

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 15:10 - Feb 17 with 1397 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 17:56 - Feb 16 by boromat

Just to add to my thought of hopelessness. Also Blackpool could be a playoff team in disguise with the amount of games behind they are.

Win their games in hand and they are going to be very close to playoff position if not in one. With the fixture congestion wasn't it incredibly short sighted of us to seriously think they would loan us their left back?

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 15:20 - Feb 17 with 1362 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 14:56 - Feb 17 by James1980

Wouldn't they have just said he is contracted till Summer 2021 if that was the case.

The 17-year-old has signed a deal that will keep him at the Crown Oil Arena until the summer of 2021. Re Baah

The 30-year-old, who was out of contract this summer, has put pen to paper on a new two-year deal. Re Done

The 22-year-old has been penned a three-year deal, keeping him contracted to Dale until the summer of 2022. Re Rathbone.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2021 15:05]

You're just dealing in semantics now, James?

The BBC link, dated 3/4/19, said "two-year deal". I doubt it meant "exactly a two-year deal running until 3/4/21", but more likely "two years, give or take, depending on when the 2020/21 season finishes and/or the contract is up for renewal".

Whether that's 3/4/21, 4/4/21, 8/5/21 or some other date in the summer probably has minimal impact on subsequent decisions.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 15:23 - Feb 17 with 1350 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 15:10 - Feb 17 by James1980

Win their games in hand and they are going to be very close to playoff position if not in one. With the fixture congestion wasn't it incredibly short sighted of us to seriously think they would loan us their left back?

Not when negotiations were apparently still going on till late on deadline day and said player hadn't actually made a start for them in three months.

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 15:56 - Feb 17 with 1252 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 15:23 - Feb 17 by TVOS1907

Not when negotiations were apparently still going on till late on deadline day and said player hadn't actually made a start for them in three months.

Be interesting to know what the truth is because either we were naive leaving it till the last minute with no back up option(s) or Blackpool royally shafted us.

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 16:00 - Feb 17 with 1245 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 15:20 - Feb 17 by TVOS1907

You're just dealing in semantics now, James?

The BBC link, dated 3/4/19, said "two-year deal". I doubt it meant "exactly a two-year deal running until 3/4/21", but more likely "two years, give or take, depending on when the 2020/21 season finishes and/or the contract is up for renewal".

Whether that's 3/4/21, 4/4/21, 8/5/21 or some other date in the summer probably has minimal impact on subsequent decisions.

It is just that when a contract is till the summer of a particular year it seems to say that.

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 16:08 - Feb 17 with 1217 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 16:00 - Feb 17 by James1980

It is just that when a contract is till the summer of a particular year it seems to say that.

Manager contracts tend to say "18 months" or "Two years". If you look at them, that period usually takes them to the end of the season or some natural cut-off point thereafter.

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 16:09 - Feb 17 with 1209 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 15:56 - Feb 17 by James1980

Be interesting to know what the truth is because either we were naive leaving it till the last minute with no back up option(s) or Blackpool royally shafted us.

He's their player, so it's up to them what they do with him. Maybe something else happened.

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 17:54 - Feb 17 with 1057 viewsdingdangblue

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 15:10 - Feb 17 by James1980

Like when we sold Done to Sheffield Utd when we were both going for promotion.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 18:15 - Feb 17 with 1013 viewsShun

Match Thread: Blackpool vs Rochdale on 17:54 - Feb 17 by dingdangblue

Like when we sold Done to Sheffield Utd when we were both going for promotion.

I know we probably had our r£asons to $ell, but I still see that season as the best chance we ever had of reaching The Championship. The partnership between Henderson and Done was exquisite.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024