Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn 14:29 - Jun 5 with 17029 viewsQPRDave

About 10 mins ago they had Harry on saying "Any interference and he is Off!!!
If we don't get him the players he wants he's Off!!!
1st target he wants in .........Wayne Bridge
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 21:18 - Jun 5 with 1886 viewsQPR_Jim

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 20:42 - Jun 5 by Neil_SI

Yeah that's an entirely fair assessment on Redknapp. I suppose my initial comment was more aimed at Hughes and Redknapp was a gamble that on paper, was worth going for in the circumstances they found themselves in.

It's not like they know enough about the game to appoint a young manager with potential.

As for the future, it's not easy for anybody to sort out the mess there. But I think I wouldn't look beyond simply trying to get players off the books who don't want to be there, or who we don't want to be there, and get that squad size under some sort of control. It's been out of control for two years and that needs to be addressed, and that goes hand in hand with the pay structure. There needs to be more equality to it so that it doesn't cause resentment within the ranks.

I think saying that of Hughes is unfair as well. He was a huge failure but not many complained when he was brought in. To most fans and pundits it looked a step in the right direction.

Also the size of the squad has be inflated for more than two years we got promoted with a squad of over 35 players i think, most of them waiting for the end of their contracts.

I can't really agree with you on the stadium either, we would struggle to maintain a championship position with an attendance 18k. How can you grow a fan base if your turning people away every time we have a bit of success. Its ok to say we should look to Arsenal as a blueprint but they had success at the time so fans could watch them in the prem and champions league on the tv and join in their success from afar but feel included. The owners also had the luxury of champions league money to offset the pain of having smaller attendance figures compared to its rivals. At QPR the pain has to be absorbed by the owners so they may not be willing to wait for x amount of years of sell outs before moving.

I agree the Arsenal method is clearly the way to go about it in an ideal world but I don't think that necessarily applies to us.
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 21:24 - Jun 5 with 1876 viewsBasingstokeR

Nicola Cortese isn't a "football" person but seems to be doing a decent job at Southampton (albeit they already had a new stadium and good youth setup in place)
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 21:38 - Jun 5 with 1850 viewsDylanP

From what I see nobody associated with QPR has done a very good job over the past two years.

I don't want Tony gone, because we can't afford that and would go back into Administration without the financial clout he has.

I don't want 'arry gone because we have already had 8 managers in the last 4 years and we cannot afford the instability that another turnover would cause.

I just wish that they would all shut up, roll up their sleeves, put their heads down, and start working to make the club work better. End of. No more interviews, tweets, talks, articles, egos. Just some hard work to fix the areas that need fixing and move the club forward.

And we definitely don't need talk of signing new players until we have offloaded some of the overpaid prima donas that we already have.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 21:49 - Jun 5 with 1832 viewsbillericaydicky

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 21:38 - Jun 5 by DylanP

From what I see nobody associated with QPR has done a very good job over the past two years.

I don't want Tony gone, because we can't afford that and would go back into Administration without the financial clout he has.

I don't want 'arry gone because we have already had 8 managers in the last 4 years and we cannot afford the instability that another turnover would cause.

I just wish that they would all shut up, roll up their sleeves, put their heads down, and start working to make the club work better. End of. No more interviews, tweets, talks, articles, egos. Just some hard work to fix the areas that need fixing and move the club forward.

And we definitely don't need talk of signing new players until we have offloaded some of the overpaid prima donas that we already have.

Hear hear!
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 21:51 - Jun 5 with 1822 viewsderbyhoop

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 21:24 - Jun 5 by BasingstokeR

Nicola Cortese isn't a "football" person but seems to be doing a decent job at Southampton (albeit they already had a new stadium and good youth setup in place)

Only 2 years?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 22:27 - Jun 5 with 1772 viewsbaz_qpr

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 20:35 - Jun 5 by Neil_SI

I don't really understand your question.

I always thought we were well run under Richard Thompson, but I was young then and we have the benefit with hindsight and we did really well in the aftermath of administration too.

Despite the monetary issues, we worked really hard as a club and the entire place was united in harmony from staff, to players to fans. The club did a lot of good work to find value on the budgets it had and remain competitive.

People worked hard and grafted for Rangers. And they loved and bought into it too — there was a "triffic" togetherness about the place.

I think we've been poorly run ever since Gianni Paladini walked through the door.

Sorry autocorrect on my phone rendered my post illegible. My point is this, the time you talk of when QPR was QPR is mythical, GP came to us 10 years ago, we were on the brink of going out of business, for a number of year either side of him, prior to that we had the disaster of the Wright / Berlin era which we only survived through by selling of Wasps' ground. Prior to Wright it was Thomson, who got out as soon as we went down and it was a bit of a present from Daddy for him. 1994 was probably the last time it was all going well 20 years ago

The truth is most clubs are poorly run, Swansea are a success because they started from the very bottom. For the first time in a generation we have an owner that has actually invested in the infrastructure of the club, as well the playing side, who has been let down by his appointments, in an era when the team that comes bottom in the premiership gets £80m income

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 22:53 - Jun 5 with 1729 viewsBasingstokeR

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 21:51 - Jun 5 by derbyhoop

Only 2 years?

Since 2009 so longer than Phil Beard?
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 23:10 - Jun 5 with 1701 viewsNortholt_Rs

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 14:43 - Jun 5 by simmo

Initially with Bridge I thought 'no way' but after seeing him make the Championship team of the year and then absolutely own Zaha over 2 legs in the play offs, I wouldnt be against the idea. Problem is Brighton have a much better infrastructure than us currently and if he is still in contract we would have to pay and offer some pretty high wages to get him outright.

Also Harry's words are just a tactic that he deploys as a default. From now until the season starts/window closes I am going to take EVERYTHING he says as an agenda for his own benefit.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

'and then absolutely own Zaha over 2 legs in the play offs...'

Apart from the two goals Zaha scored in the second leg to knock Brighton out of the play-off final you mean?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Login to get fewer ads

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 23:13 - Jun 5 with 1690 viewsNorthernr

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 23:10 - Jun 5 by Northolt_Rs

'and then absolutely own Zaha over 2 legs in the play offs...'

Apart from the two goals Zaha scored in the second leg to knock Brighton out of the play-off final you mean?

Didn't see the second leg as I was on the Podcast that night but Bridge marked Zaha out of the first leg to the point where Holloway moved him to the other wing in the second half so he could see some of the ball.
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 08:59 - Jun 6 with 1505 viewsspencer

As fans, we are a funny bunch.Before"the money men" came to our club I remember reading on various fan sites how we would be devastated if we were to do a Chelsea and try to buy our way up the league.Well..done that and failed.

I remember when Warnock took over( and please correct me if wrong) but his first few signings were Derry Hill and Kenny....As fans we moaned like f..k.We moaned like f..k when we re-signed Helgueson and then moaned again this season when we didn't re sign him.

I remember when Harry took over and we all moaned like f..k about Hughes and how Harry was the man to save us when in reality we looked almost doomed.

Now, we are moaning about Harry because...we are not happy with him.

As fans... we do a lot of moaning.
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 09:25 - Jun 6 with 1447 viewsjamois

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 08:59 - Jun 6 by spencer

As fans, we are a funny bunch.Before"the money men" came to our club I remember reading on various fan sites how we would be devastated if we were to do a Chelsea and try to buy our way up the league.Well..done that and failed.

I remember when Warnock took over( and please correct me if wrong) but his first few signings were Derry Hill and Kenny....As fans we moaned like f..k.We moaned like f..k when we re-signed Helgueson and then moaned again this season when we didn't re sign him.

I remember when Harry took over and we all moaned like f..k about Hughes and how Harry was the man to save us when in reality we looked almost doomed.

Now, we are moaning about Harry because...we are not happy with him.

As fans... we do a lot of moaning.

Just returned from a fat night out. Good moaning.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 09:25 - Jun 6 with 1445 viewsKonk

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 20:42 - Jun 5 by MkPaul

Staying as we always have been, a small club with small support is not sustainable in the modern game of football, if we stay as we were we will not be here in a few years.

I for one think TF et el are doing a better job than a number of the more vocal posters on here would given some of the ideas I see on here

“Staying as we always have been, a small club with small support is not sustainable in the modern game of football, if we stay as we were we will not be here in a few years.”

I absolutely disagree with that statement. A smaller club might struggle to play in the Premier League, but there’s life outside of the PL and whilst it might be a financial struggle for many clubs, most get by, the same as they always have. I enjoy watching many of the players in the Premier League and I enjoy visiting largely full grounds, but if Al Fayed hadn’t turned-up, I’m sure I’d have quite happily watched Fulham faffing about in the lower divisions, dreaming of drawing a big club in the cups and a season or two in the 2nd division. It might not fit in with Tony Fernandes vision, but even without massive investment, I can’t see any reason why a club like QPR (or Fulham) couldn’t look to a future of 2nd division football with the odd chance of the play-offs or better. I’d be happy enough with that if my club was financially stable.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 09:38 - Jun 6 with 1406 viewsTHEBUSH

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 09:25 - Jun 6 by Konk

“Staying as we always have been, a small club with small support is not sustainable in the modern game of football, if we stay as we were we will not be here in a few years.”

I absolutely disagree with that statement. A smaller club might struggle to play in the Premier League, but there’s life outside of the PL and whilst it might be a financial struggle for many clubs, most get by, the same as they always have. I enjoy watching many of the players in the Premier League and I enjoy visiting largely full grounds, but if Al Fayed hadn’t turned-up, I’m sure I’d have quite happily watched Fulham faffing about in the lower divisions, dreaming of drawing a big club in the cups and a season or two in the 2nd division. It might not fit in with Tony Fernandes vision, but even without massive investment, I can’t see any reason why a club like QPR (or Fulham) couldn’t look to a future of 2nd division football with the odd chance of the play-offs or better. I’d be happy enough with that if my club was financially stable.

Leyton Orient would be a good example of where QPR and Fulham might be, without any new investment.
If that's what you want, fine, I myself would be looking for a bit more than that !!
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 09:45 - Jun 6 with 1392 viewstoboboly

Agree with Konk.

I would rather be bumbling along in the Championship with the odd year in League 1 than sell out to foreign plastic fans and desperately hoping we can clinch 17th place in the PL.

I hated the PL. Not because we were generally terrible but because of all the carp involved. People wearing Man Utd tops to our games against Norwich, being treated like $hit by Sky, the media etc. Moving a game purely because rugby was on and not taking into consideration how our fans were. Signing absolute vvankers on more money a week than Spurs players. Being told you're not a proper fan because you refuse to be bent over and raped by "good old Tony and Amit's" pricing policies. Having half and half scarves and mugs in the club shop with the scum written on it. Being told to go down to Loftus Road to watch the like of Terry, Suarez and Van Persie, fc uk off, i'd rather watch Sampsa Timoska, Chris Barker and Adam Bolder thank you very much. No-one at the club knowing or caring about our history and half the fan base not seeming to care either.

So you can fc uk off tourists and Asia and all the other boll ock$ that Tony bleats on about. You can fc uk off white elephant stadium with 40k seats that I am so sure will be filled to the brim every game, and you can fc uk off PL because there is far, far more to football than vvanking over a 0-0 at Sjoke that got us to 40 points.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 09:52 - Jun 6 with 1379 viewsKonk

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 09:38 - Jun 6 by THEBUSH

Leyton Orient would be a good example of where QPR and Fulham might be, without any new investment.
If that's what you want, fine, I myself would be looking for a bit more than that !!

I don’t see anything wrong with Orient. The year before Al Fayed took over we averaged over 6,000 whilst getting promoted from the 4th — we might not be Man Utd, but we’re historically a fair bit bigger than Orient. I’d have us and you down as mid-table 2nd division clubs if we were judging in terms of size.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 10:18 - Jun 6 with 1311 viewsRangersw12

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 16:53 - Jun 5 by essextaxiboy

Are you saying it definately would not be ?

No chance of that happening

If we sacked Redknapp mid season then Cotterill might be caretaker for a bit but no way would they appoint him full time manager
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 10:22 - Jun 6 with 1300 viewsJamie

Redknapp now Evens to replace Poyet at Brighton.
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 11:21 - Jun 6 with 1221 viewsdaveB

I can see both sides of it. Redknapp wants full control as all managers would but Fernandes was burnt before by going too much power to the manger so will look to change, the end result will be redknapp walks at some point and the row just leaves us creating an even bigger mess

As for suk young didn't redknapp claim he had scouted him at the Olympics when we signed him? So am guessing that was his signing rather than fernandes
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 11:36 - Jun 6 with 1192 viewsnewgolddream

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 14:45 - Jun 5 by RANGERS4EVER

Well he hates John Terry as much as us so i'm in

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 12:30 - Jun 6 with 1138 viewsspencer

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 11:21 - Jun 6 by daveB

I can see both sides of it. Redknapp wants full control as all managers would but Fernandes was burnt before by going too much power to the manger so will look to change, the end result will be redknapp walks at some point and the row just leaves us creating an even bigger mess

As for suk young didn't redknapp claim he had scouted him at the Olympics when we signed him? So am guessing that was his signing rather than fernandes

Lets hope that if this happens...that he walks sooner rather than later.Not because I don't want him , but it would be nice to have a pre season with a named managed from the off....except for Hughes..

Some teams are recruiting already !
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 12:30 - Jun 6 with 1134 viewsNorthernr

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 10:22 - Jun 6 by Jamie

Redknapp now Evens to replace Poyet at Brighton.

That's actually drifted a bit, he was odds on this time last week.
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 12:45 - Jun 6 with 1087 viewsQPunkR

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 09:25 - Jun 6 by Konk

I'd love that for QPR personally. My favourite time as an Rs fan was in Division 2 under Ollie. Football's about much more than just winning. How many teams in the entire country have even the merest sniff of winning the Premiershite? 4, 5 tops. So football is more about hope, and enjoying the day-to-day (ha, 'enjoying', that's a word I haven't associated with football in the last coupla years)

Equally, the problem is there's no way back for us, or you, because there's been so much money invested and owed to people (even if they are the current owners) that the only people able to buy either club now are extremely rich, probably foreign, oligarchs who won't be happy scrabbling about in the Championship/League 1/League 2.
For our clubs, we've grown too much (at least in terms of debt/expenditure) to ever to be able to return to what we knew. And that just makes me sad more than anything

QPR - "shit but local"

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 13:53 - Jun 6 with 1016 viewsTW_R

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 12:30 - Jun 6 by Northernr

That's actually drifted a bit, he was odds on this time last week.

I'm glad you cleared that up. I was trying to workout who "Evens" was!
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 13:59 - Jun 6 with 998 viewsTheBlob

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 12:45 - Jun 6 by QPunkR

I'd love that for QPR personally. My favourite time as an Rs fan was in Division 2 under Ollie. Football's about much more than just winning. How many teams in the entire country have even the merest sniff of winning the Premiershite? 4, 5 tops. So football is more about hope, and enjoying the day-to-day (ha, 'enjoying', that's a word I haven't associated with football in the last coupla years)

Equally, the problem is there's no way back for us, or you, because there's been so much money invested and owed to people (even if they are the current owners) that the only people able to buy either club now are extremely rich, probably foreign, oligarchs who won't be happy scrabbling about in the Championship/League 1/League 2.
For our clubs, we've grown too much (at least in terms of debt/expenditure) to ever to be able to return to what we knew. And that just makes me sad more than anything

Speak for yourselves.
I
Don't
Want
To
Stay
In
The
F*cking
Championship.
I spent a lifetime hoping for the top tier,I'm not going to languish in lachrymose mediocrity because it's more comfy.What's the matter with people?Is it something in the water that's made mice out of human beings?

FFS.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 14:13 - Jun 6 with 968 viewsHunterhoop

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 11:21 - Jun 6 by daveB

Spot on.

The relationship, as it stands now, looks doomed to failure.

As we know from two years ago at the start of the Prem season, it's best to sort these things out now, than wait until the season starts.

Unfortunately, I think that's what will happen. It'll be all awkwards and tense for first couple of months with 'Arry occassionally saying things he shouldn't to the press. That discord will impact on the squad and the hiring/firing of the right people. Performances will stumble until we're free-falling. 'Arry will then resign claiming he wasn't supported in the transfer market or he'ss be sacked with TF saying he had no choice with relegation a risk.

Either way, we'll waste two months
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024