Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn 14:29 - Jun 5 with 17028 viewsQPRDave

About 10 mins ago they had Harry on saying "Any interference and he is Off!!!
If we don't get him the players he wants he's Off!!!
1st target he wants in .........Wayne Bridge
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 15:53 - Jun 5 with 1864 viewsJAPRANGERS

But but but if our'arry pisses off, who will be our next mangler?? Are there in fact any decent candidates available who are not Paul Hart??
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 16:02 - Jun 5 with 1819 viewsTW_R

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 15:53 - Jun 5 by JAPRANGERS

But but but if our'arry pisses off, who will be our next mangler?? Are there in fact any decent candidates available who are not Paul Hart??

Good point. Barton should have finished his coaching badges in a few weeks.
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 16:04 - Jun 5 with 1811 viewsbaz_qpr

Get the impression from both this and other interviews this is about Adel. Harry wants to flog him and the board dont want to. I'm not sure bringing in a 30+ player who has spent the best years of his career sitting on a bench collecting loads of cash is the best way forward.
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 16:04 - Jun 5 with 1810 viewsBAWHoops

It's not that bad.
He says what we've all been saying, the board aren't football people.
Basically if they bring in the players we've got no chance. Let him bring in his players.
If TF has said we can only sign under 25s yet Bridge is the best option within our wage range then let HR bring him in as oppose to Suk-Young who is here to sell shirts.

Doesn't really slag off the board

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 16:06 - Jun 5 with 1803 viewsWeaverQPR

Is there any board interfearance or is it Harry just turning the screw on TF to stump up?

@WeavQPR

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 16:12 - Jun 5 with 1772 viewsPhildo

Dave Mc hinting on twitter the board want our most recent Korean acquisition playing full back to help with the whole global brand thing.
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 16:18 - Jun 5 with 1729 viewsWeaverQPR

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 16:12 - Jun 5 by Phildo

Dave Mc hinting on twitter the board want our most recent Korean acquisition playing full back to help with the whole global brand thing.

All starts to make abit more sense now.

@WeavQPR

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 16:18 - Jun 5 with 1731 viewsessextaxiboy

Yet again Redknapp speaks and everyone tries to read between the lines to make it fit their pro_ anti agenda . Before you post that you want him out think.....Cotterill
Login to get fewer ads

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 16:18 - Jun 5 with 1731 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It's not that bad?

Only in football would it be ok to talk to a journalist about ultra-confidential business matters. In other businesses it would rightly be construed as a serious disciplinary matter.

At best he's being indiscreet about his relationship with his employers, at worst he's using the media to put pressure on them.

I know I'm never been a fan of him as a person, but I'm trying to be objective and to just judge him on his actions. Either way, I want him gone.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 16:22 - Jun 5 with 1704 viewskensalriser

Just want to get this one straight.

When Briatore was meddling with team affairs, he was a cnt of the highest order and should fck off.

Now the current manager is saying he doesn't want any meddling in team affairs, he's a cnt of the highest order and should fck off.

Can't put my finger on it, but something doesn't compute.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 16:22 - Jun 5 with 1704 viewsessextaxiboy

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 16:18 - Jun 5 by WeaverQPR

All starts to make abit more sense now.

If that were true would you blame him ...cos he will cop the pelters if the korean is crap and he keeps selecting him.
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 16:23 - Jun 5 with 1692 viewsWeaverQPR

We all new the signing of Young Sucky looked like a publicity stunt, to be fair i think HR is right to be annoyed.
If this was FB everyone would be calling for his head but if likeable Tony interferes its ok

@WeavQPR

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 16:28 - Jun 5 with 1664 viewsRangersw12

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 16:18 - Jun 5 by essextaxiboy

Yet again Redknapp speaks and everyone tries to read between the lines to make it fit their pro_ anti agenda . Before you post that you want him out think.....Cotterill

So you think if Redknapp left tomorrow Cotterill would be our manager come the 3rd August....

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 16:29 - Jun 5 with 1661 viewsEastR

Well, well, well ...

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 16:34 - Jun 5 with 1641 viewsWeaverQPR

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 16:22 - Jun 5 by essextaxiboy

If that were true would you blame him ...cos he will cop the pelters if the korean is crap and he keeps selecting him.

Think Redknapp is 100% right on this, TF is obsessed with Asia it clouds his judgement.

@WeavQPR

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 16:40 - Jun 5 with 1588 viewsMrGrieves

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 16:04 - Jun 5 by baz_qpr

Get the impression from both this and other interviews this is about Adel. Harry wants to flog him and the board dont want to. I'm not sure bringing in a 30+ player who has spent the best years of his career sitting on a bench collecting loads of cash is the best way forward.

Have to say, that was my first thought too.
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 16:43 - Jun 5 with 1568 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 16:23 - Jun 5 by WeaverQPR

We all new the signing of Young Sucky looked like a publicity stunt, to be fair i think HR is right to be annoyed.
If this was FB everyone would be calling for his head but if likeable Tony interferes its ok

Fair point.

If there has been interference, then it's wrong. Regardless of who the owners are. But Redknapp's not saying there has been, he's just talking about the future.

But there's been no hint of Fernandes picking the team a la Briatore, just our suspicion that the Asian market may have been pandered to, maybe twice.

Since Redknapp has arrived there is only one signing that could be construed as commercially motivated. Even Ferguson at United realised the need for a few of those, so it's not the end of the world.

I don't personally think that this Redknapp rant is about the past, it's about the future. His future.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 16:44 - Jun 5 with 1567 viewstoboboly

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 16:12 - Jun 5 by Phildo

IF that is the case then it is so good to see that the club has learnt from past debacles. Tvvats.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 16:50 - Jun 5 with 1542 viewsNeil_SI

The crucial part of this interview, which we already know, isn't what everybody is talking about in terms of interference or getting what he wants. It's the bit where he lets on what his opinion is and the state of the club in the sense that he feels there are no people at the club who know anything about football.

That's directed at the owners and the upper management and indicates that, in the situation Rangers find themselves in, how can non football people make football based decisions? In that sense, he is right, but the answer isn't necessarily to hand Redknapp and his staff the keys as he suggests.

That's not the correct way and Redknapp already knows that having come from Tottenham and expertly controlled by Daniel Levy. But, it shows up the real problem, there's not a proper structure in place at the club in the sense that there is nobody at board level with proper football expertise and can therefore act in the best interests of the club or first and foremost, have its best interests at heart.

If that structure does not change, it does not matter if Redknapp is here or not, the same problem and process will apply to any manager who walks through the door.
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 16:53 - Jun 5 with 1530 viewsessextaxiboy

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 16:28 - Jun 5 by Rangersw12

So you think if Redknapp left tomorrow Cotterill would be our manager come the 3rd August....

Are you saying it definately would not be ?
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 17:05 - Jun 5 with 1465 viewsPhildo

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 16:50 - Jun 5 by Neil_SI

The crucial part of this interview, which we already know, isn't what everybody is talking about in terms of interference or getting what he wants. It's the bit where he lets on what his opinion is and the state of the club in the sense that he feels there are no people at the club who know anything about football.

That's directed at the owners and the upper management and indicates that, in the situation Rangers find themselves in, how can non football people make football based decisions? In that sense, he is right, but the answer isn't necessarily to hand Redknapp and his staff the keys as he suggests.

That's not the correct way and Redknapp already knows that having come from Tottenham and expertly controlled by Daniel Levy. But, it shows up the real problem, there's not a proper structure in place at the club in the sense that there is nobody at board level with proper football expertise and can therefore act in the best interests of the club or first and foremost, have its best interests at heart.

If that structure does not change, it does not matter if Redknapp is here or not, the same problem and process will apply to any manager who walks through the door.

Exactly.

The board think they know what they are doing trying to create an international brand. They think they are making progress with a stadium etc and in fairness they have started the forums etc. The club needs a football soul though and I don't think they have found that and in fairness our club has been struggling to find that for a fair few years.
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 17:10 - Jun 5 with 1440 viewsessextaxiboy

I think think the spotlight falls on Beard . He oversaw those contracts . Wouldnt be surprised if he is questioning everything despite knowing nothing .
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 17:16 - Jun 5 with 1403 viewstimcocking

Harry "Victor Meldrew" Redknapp
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 17:22 - Jun 5 with 1381 viewsswitchingcode

Had a face like he'd swallowed a wasp,where's the enthusiasm to make you want to renew your season ticket.He might as well piss off now,the blokes had his day and that was years ago.It is obvious he's looking for an out ASAP.
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 17:29 - Jun 5 with 1363 viewsNeil_SI

It's pretty simple, the problem is actually Tony Fernandes, but as a fan base, we'll probably go through every potential target to make the villain before we eventually arrive at his feet.

The difficulty for a lot of people is that he's a nice, likeable man. He's got an affable public personality and there are many strengths to the way he runs his businesses and his business ethos.

There is a lot to like about him, but his approach just doesn't work in football, that's all. There's no shame in that and no malice in it either, but what he wants for QPR and what we want from QPR are different.

Sometimes I think people become blinded by all of the money and investment made, and maybe some are scared to see that investment vanish.

I've always judged on raw ability myself — if you took away all of the money and safety nets, and it came down to pure hard work and raw ability — how would you assess his and the board's performance?

Do the people in charge have what it takes to build a club organically and successfully from scratch, and take it through the various phases and stages it needs to in order to become a respectable, functional and well-run football club?

Isn't that what makes a great owner? One who knows how to do these things and evolve organically and adapt when times change or the time is right?

I think what I know my answer is, however, I'd apply that answer to a lot of people out there. So it's not easy to determine where the club can go or who it can go to, because who out there is really up to scratch? And now, in the position we are in, who is out there also with deep pockets to oversee the financial burden we've currently placed ourselves in?

I really hope Fernandes and co do learn from all of their mistakes, and fast, because currently that's our only hope. He has built businesses from the ground up and done fantastically well in non-sport fields, so that gives us hope, but whether he can really adapt to the world of football or not, I'm really not so sure.

The structure of the club at the top and the way it has and continues to be run is still a major source of concern, in my opinion. The set up makes it very easy for things to go wrong and creates this blame game environment that should really be tackled and solved at source.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024