Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FIFA World Cup thread. 12:02 - Nov 15 with 131259 viewsSnipper

I’m trying to get excited about this World Cup, but to no avail :-((.

I’ve just watched Sky Sports World Cup preview with Gary Neville, Jamie Redknapp, Jamie Carragher & Karen Carney. Utterly depressing viewing. Same old, same old. Picking players for the starting XI not playing for their clubs, or totally off form.

I’m hoping this thread can get the juices flowing.

Do any of you think England have a chance?
FIFA World Cup thread. on 18:45 - Nov 22 with 2624 viewsthemodfather

bloody england, fancy winning 6-2, playing well, creating, working hard , covered the whole pitch and did a proper job! love it.
then argy bargies getting stuffed, sublime.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 19:10 - Nov 22 with 2582 viewsRs_Holy

Oh My Word!
FIFA World Cup thread. on 19:12 - Nov 22 with 2578 viewsNorthernr

Men At Work as the goal music, finally Qatar get something right.

French left back pulling a full Assou-Ekotto there.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 19:27 - Nov 22 with 2532 viewsRs_Holy

1-1 :(
FIFA World Cup thread. on 19:33 - Nov 22 with 2529 viewsRs_Holy

2-1 :( … game over
FIFA World Cup thread. on 19:58 - Nov 22 with 2482 viewspaulparker

Jonathan Pearce making Clive tydlsley sound like Brian Moore
He should stick to robot fcuking wars

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:07 - Nov 22 with 2465 viewskensalriser

Commentary does seem to be getting ever more inane. I'd prefer it if they eased off the chat and spent more time actually commentating, you know like analysing the play and telling us who's on the ball.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:13 - Nov 22 with 2433 viewspaulparker

BBc are now airing a VT about the climate impact of this World Cup.

They could have covered all of this tournament in their Manchester studios but they’ve sent all the boys out and their equipment out to Qatar just for the sake of them sitting infront of a window instead of a screen

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:26 - Nov 22 with 2400 viewsdaveB

FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:13 - Nov 22 by paulparker

They could have covered all of this tournament in their Manchester studios but they’ve sent all the boys out and their equipment out to Qatar just for the sake of them sitting infront of a window instead of a screen

yeah that was a bit comical from them.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 08:40 - Nov 23 with 2145 viewsBAWHoops

Nobody has come close attacking with the fluency of England and France so far.
Such a shame we are destined to meet them in the QF because I reckon they're the one side we can't cope with (although the 343 with Walker and Trippier on Mbappe is probably absolutely fine)

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

FIFA World Cup thread. on 09:02 - Nov 23 with 2109 viewsR_from_afar

I always thought Griezmann was just a finisher but France v Australia shows how little I know .

Some of his passing was absolutely sublime

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

FIFA World Cup thread. (n/t) on 09:08 - Nov 23 with 2083 viewsahoz

FIFA World Cup thread. on 09:12 - Nov 23 with 2064 viewsahoz

Haven't been interested enough to watch any games yet. Was going to watch the Morocco game to see how Ilias went, but I see he's one of a million substitutes.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 09:15 - Nov 23 with 2046 viewsstevec

Hope the little fella gets a game at some point.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 09:15 - Nov 23 with 2047 viewsQPR_Jim

FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:13 - Nov 22 by paulparker

I assume that the carbon footprint of a couple of flights is dwarfed by that of constructing 8 stadiums capable of holding international football matches in a country which requires maybe 1 stadium of that size. Then you have the spectators flying in and out of Qatar from hotels in Dubai which has been mentioned elsewhere. I think they have every right to bring it to people's attention regardless of whether they've flown out there or not.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 09:17 - Nov 23 with 2041 viewsQPR_Jim

FIFA World Cup thread. on 09:12 - Nov 23 by ahoz

Haven't been interested enough to watch any games yet. Was going to watch the Morocco game to see how Ilias went, but I see he's one of a million substitutes.

Funnily enough I was just checking on Chair as well, disappointed he's not in their team but I think it was always going to be this way. Will check after to see if he got any game time.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 10:56 - Nov 23 with 1878 viewsdenhamhoop2

Think they could bring Illy on with about 20 to play to try and win the game as Morrocco seem to be employing Dog of War midfield currently to be fair stopping Modric has to be a priority for any team playing Croatia he is a class act
FIFA World Cup thread. on 11:16 - Nov 23 with 1838 viewsWatford_Ranger

FIFA World Cup thread. on 10:56 - Nov 23 by denhamhoop2

Think they could bring Illy on with about 20 to play to try and win the game as Morrocco seem to be employing Dog of War midfield currently to be fair stopping Modric has to be a priority for any team playing Croatia he is a class act

I’m biased but I’d get him on for Boufal who as usual has done nothing.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 11:20 - Nov 23 with 1817 viewsNorthernr

He didn't play at all well when given a start at Afcon remember...
FIFA World Cup thread. on 11:22 - Nov 23 with 1797 viewsPlanetHonneywood

FIFA World Cup thread. on 10:56 - Nov 23 by denhamhoop2

Lets be honest, only reason to watch this game currently!

I'm sat in a coffee shop with 10 Moroccan habibis. You'd think with the amount of coffee and ciggies consumed they'd be totally wired.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

FIFA World Cup thread. on 11:25 - Nov 23 with 1747 viewsenfieldargh

Grandad front row to the left of the Croatian goal (2nd half) wearing Red Sombrero

captains fantastic
Poll: SWEET F'IN CAROLINE. Played every half time

FIFA World Cup thread. on 11:26 - Nov 23 with 1741 viewsozexile

Modric is amazing. 37 and he's covering every blade of grass at pace.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 11:39 - Nov 23 with 1665 viewsPlanetHonneywood

FIFA World Cup thread. on 11:26 - Nov 23 by ozexile

Modric is amazing. 37 and he's covering every blade of grass at pace.

...looks like he could still be playing in 2026!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

FIFA World Cup thread. on 11:50 - Nov 23 with 1623 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sorry off topic…

Whenever I read ‘Illy’ on here I hear it in Mark Crossley’s voice from this clip (0:28)

[Post edited 23 Nov 2022 11:53]
FIFA World Cup thread. on 12:03 - Nov 23 with 2673 viewsMrSheen

Third 0-0 in the last four games. Seven is the record, 1982, 2006, 2010, 2014. 2018 an anomaly, only one. 1990 the fewest goals per game, 2.21
[Post edited 23 Nov 2022 12:04]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024