Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FIFA World Cup thread. 12:02 - Nov 15 with 131240 viewsSnipper

I’m trying to get excited about this World Cup, but to no avail :-((.

I’ve just watched Sky Sports World Cup preview with Gary Neville, Jamie Redknapp, Jamie Carragher & Karen Carney. Utterly depressing viewing. Same old, same old. Picking players for the starting XI not playing for their clubs, or totally off form.

I’m hoping this thread can get the juices flowing.

Do any of you think England have a chance?
FIFA World Cup thread. on 21:13 - Nov 21 with 2587 viewsLogman

ITV commentary was shit. Roy Keane looks like he'd rather have been invited to do 'I'm a Celebrity' rather than do the World Cup for ITV.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 21:14 - Nov 21 with 2579 viewsdaveB

massive goal for them, of course they are going to be excited. We'd be going mad if that was QPR
FIFA World Cup thread. on 21:21 - Nov 21 with 2513 viewsWegerles_Stairs

FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:50 - Nov 21 by soops

F@ck me, has Gareth Bale solved the Arab-Israeli conflict or just scored a penalty?
Commentary like he’s the 2nd coming

Can walk across water according to Tyldesley.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 21:32 - Nov 21 with 2486 viewstraininvain

25 mins of stoppage time in total during the England game and 10 mins at the end of the Wales game.

Not complaining as I want to see the right amount of time added on and hopefully it’ll limit time wasting. But is this a new FIFA directive for this tournament?
FIFA World Cup thread. on 21:55 - Nov 21 with 2378 viewsQPRSteve

FIFA World Cup thread. on 21:11 - Nov 21 by CamberleyR

But not as much of an embarrassment as Sam Twátterface.

Both pale in comparison to Peter Dreary who Amazon Prime in their wisdom have resurrected.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 23:09 - Nov 21 with 2236 viewsSydneyRs

FIFA World Cup thread. on 15:18 - Nov 21 by ericgen34

Good game from your lot. Iran probably not very good, but all the goals were really well taken

Iran ranked 16 places above Hungary who stuffed us 4-0 recently. Always great to win the first game and take some pressure off. Goal difference also a bonus.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 23:26 - Nov 21 with 2216 viewsMrSheen

FIFA World Cup thread. on 19:42 - Nov 21 by R_from_afar

All this talk of Scottish stadia reminds me of the infamous hedge at Glebe Park:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/brechin_city/7828495.stm

Second best Scottish stadium to be fair. Cowdenbeath is the best.

https://dynamic-media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-o/11/25/86/da/pitch-view.j

[Post edited 21 Nov 2022 23:28]
FIFA World Cup thread. on 23:40 - Nov 21 with 2177 viewsPlanetHonneywood

FIFA World Cup thread. on 21:32 - Nov 21 by traininvain

25 mins of stoppage time in total during the England game and 10 mins at the end of the Wales game.

Not complaining as I want to see the right amount of time added on and hopefully it’ll limit time wasting. But is this a new FIFA directive for this tournament?

No idea but the one tangible thing FIFA have done in eons, is make the substituted player walk off the pitch at the nearest point to him.

Which is a good thing.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

FIFA World Cup thread. on 00:56 - Nov 22 with 2127 views100percent

FIFA World Cup thread. on 15:30 - Nov 21 by daveB

He gets a lot of stick on here (rightly so most of the time) but thought Mount was outstanding today.

Bellingham is on a different level, unbelivable player

Var being a load of old nonsence again as usual, get rid of it

Wow... just goes to show how differently we all watch the game.
I thought mount was anonymous and I'm totally at a loss to understand why he is being chosen ....
FIFA World Cup thread. on 01:34 - Nov 22 with 2107 viewsDubaiR

Agree Mount was a passenger for me
FIFA World Cup thread. on 02:50 - Nov 22 with 2082 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

FIFA World Cup thread. on 23:26 - Nov 21 by MrSheen

Second best Scottish stadium to be fair. Cowdenbeath is the best.

https://dynamic-media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-o/11/25/86/da/pitch-view.j

[Post edited 21 Nov 2022 23:28]

Dumbarton

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhDnav7WIAAXj6R?format=jpg&name=small
FIFA World Cup thread. on 06:09 - Nov 22 with 2013 viewsCamberleyR

FIFA World Cup thread. on 00:56 - Nov 22 by 100percent

Wow... just goes to show how differently we all watch the game.
I thought mount was anonymous and I'm totally at a loss to understand why he is being chosen ....

Same here, the invisible man again today. Very reminiscent of his idol Fat Frank in an England shirt.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

FIFA World Cup thread. on 09:20 - Nov 22 with 1831 viewsSonofpugwash

Over here in Wales the reaction to the result was way OTT,you'd have thought they'd just won the whole damn tournament.I've got some plasterer lads in at the mo and they were all out on the piss last night - for a f*cking draw??Bale's goal was described on Welsh ITV as a "stunning penalty"WTF??
I was expecting them to dig out the old open topped bus for a lightning tour of Pontrhyd - y -Groes.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

FIFA World Cup thread. on 10:07 - Nov 22 with 1765 viewsBrianMcCarthy

FIFA World Cup thread. on 09:20 - Nov 22 by Sonofpugwash

Over here in Wales the reaction to the result was way OTT,you'd have thought they'd just won the whole damn tournament.I've got some plasterer lads in at the mo and they were all out on the piss last night - for a f*cking draw??Bale's goal was described on Welsh ITV as a "stunning penalty"WTF??
I was expecting them to dig out the old open topped bus for a lightning tour of Pontrhyd - y -Groes.

If I was Welsh I'd be disappointed with last night. Though anything can happen against the favourites, England, and the underdogs, Iran, the game against the U.S. was second seeds against third seeds so crucial in the race for qualification.

Not only did Wales fail to win but they were comprehensively outplayed for a lot of the game.

I suppose they'd hope that the game will rid them of nerves and also bring on Bale, but overall I'd be less confident than I was 24 hours ago.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

FIFA World Cup thread. on 10:11 - Nov 22 with 1751 viewsdannyblue

Soft pen for Argentina. To follow Iran's soft one
FIFA World Cup thread. on 10:15 - Nov 22 with 1720 viewseastside_r

FIFA World Cup thread. on 10:11 - Nov 22 by dannyblue

I am actually glad they are cracking down on this.

Feck knows how the one wasn’t given against Maguire but that probably won’t now happen again.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 10:18 - Nov 22 with 1691 viewsdannyblue

FIFA World Cup thread. on 10:15 - Nov 22 by eastside_r

I am actually glad they are cracking down on this.

Feck knows how the one wasn’t given against Maguire but that probably won’t now happen again.

With the Maguire one, although I haven't really rewatched it, I thought it was a bit Paul Furlong / Grant Holt. You're holding each other, so you fall down and pull the other player on top of you and cry pen...in which case not a pen for me.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 10:19 - Nov 22 with 1689 viewssoops

Reminiscent of when Scotland beat England 0-0 at the Euros 😀
FIFA World Cup thread. on 10:21 - Nov 22 with 1677 viewsRs_Holy

FIFA World Cup thread. on 10:11 - Nov 22 by dannyblue

Fifa backing up what they said about clamping down on fouls in the box... (unless its a foul on an England player).
[Post edited 22 Nov 2022 10:45]
FIFA World Cup thread. on 10:38 - Nov 22 with 1630 viewsBklynRanger

I'm beginning to think I've misjudged McAuley Bonne - with a different heritage the boy could be playing for Argentina
FIFA World Cup thread. on 10:42 - Nov 22 with 1607 viewsNorthernr

Bold strategy setting up your offside line on the edge of the opposition penalty box.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 10:49 - Nov 22 with 1582 viewsQPR_Hibs

FIFA World Cup thread. on 10:18 - Nov 22 by dannyblue

With the Maguire one, although I haven't really rewatched it, I thought it was a bit Paul Furlong / Grant Holt. You're holding each other, so you fall down and pull the other player on top of you and cry pen...in which case not a pen for me.

Absolutely correct Dannyblue. Both players were holding each other's shirt.

There'll be plenty of pens in the Championship if this protocol continues (which it won't.)

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

FIFA World Cup thread. on 10:50 - Nov 22 with 1581 viewsdaveB

FIFA World Cup thread. on 06:09 - Nov 22 by CamberleyR

Same here, the invisible man again today. Very reminiscent of his idol Fat Frank in an England shirt.

Blimey, I thought he was excellent, connected the front 3 to the midfield, found spaces all game.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 10:53 - Nov 22 with 1572 viewsdaveB

It is their first world cup for 64 years, they are bound to get excited.

I thought they looked nervous and very poor first half but did well to come back and the draw keeps them in it as judging by yesterday they should beat Iran if they can keep the number 9 quiet.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 11:01 - Nov 22 with 2645 viewsNorthernr

FIFA World Cup thread. on 10:53 - Nov 22 by daveB

It is their first world cup for 64 years, they are bound to get excited.

I thought they looked nervous and very poor first half but did well to come back and the draw keeps them in it as judging by yesterday they should beat Iran if they can keep the number 9 quiet.

They tried to be too cute playing without Moore, pace in behind and all that, and couldn't get out. Changed that completely at half time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024