Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. 13:02 - Feb 6 with 34600 viewsqpr_1968

if we lose, last one i do.
apologies if there is one up already, cant see one.

on the fence 1-1.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:43 - Feb 6 with 2094 viewsHunterhoop

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:38 - Feb 6 by davman

I hope he's alright too. He just looks "clunky" to me - he's heavy footed, he's control is really poor and he is never in the right place - see Chair's ball across the 6 yard box today.

On the positive side, some of his first time passing is pretty good and he does alright in the air.

Unless there is a big change, we will never break into the top 10 with him as the main striker.

Sorry, not really the chat for a day we got the three points and everyone played their part, but he is a real worry to me...

...at least Wallace finally has one good game for us that I can focus on when I see his name on the team sheet...

I know what you mean, mate. I see it. But I don’t think his control is “really poor”; I’d say it’s almost good...but isn’t. Often his touch is fractionally heavy and it’s the difference between keeping it and getting his pass away or drawing a foul and losing it.

He was probably afforded more leeway on this in Scotland and he hasn’t quite improved his game.

He also looks to be low on confidence which is probably meaning he’s not as physical as he could be.

Like you, his anticipation is the weakest part of his game, but hopefully Charlie can help with that.

Fingers crossed.
The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:46 - Feb 6 with 2074 viewsManinBlack

I am just glad we won against this bogey team. I can't remember when we last kept a clean sheet against them. It was needed with Forest and Rotherham winning away, third away win on the spin for the Millers so they are looking like they can get out of trouble.

No stopping the free scoring Bees, something like 20 games unbeaten now I shouldn't wonder. I doubt a backs to the wall performance against them will keep them out.

Oh well that's for another day, I shall enjoy this result for a week.
The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:46 - Feb 6 with 2065 viewsjoolsyp

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:10 - Feb 6 by Wegerles_Stairs

He worked hard when he came on, chasing and closing them down. Also played a nice ball through that was just too long. I do like the little I've seen of him. Tidy player.

One outrageous bit of skill where he dropped his shoulder in a tight area and took out two Blackburn players. Has a lot to learn but I like him and I think Warbs is managing him well.
The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:48 - Feb 6 with 2035 viewsTGRRRSSS

Fantastic result, 1-0 home win and a clean sheet.
The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:53 - Feb 6 with 1982 viewsJuzzie

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:58 - Feb 6 with 1929 viewsLeedsR

I think the difference with regard to our recent form is that we’ve taken the chances that earlier in the season we wouldn’t have. Makes all the difference. Yes we were under siege for much of the game, but at least we had a lead to defend. So often in the first part of the season, we’d be the better team, but not take advantage, and then let in a silly goal. A few brain farts aside, I think we’ve been actually pretty good defensively this year. We just haven’t made our advantages count.

Charlie coming back has given us a genuine proven threat, and has also lightened the pressure on the other attackers. He’s given us the X-factor we had been missing. I know it was Barbet who got the goal, but as a result I think we have a bit more belief as a team now.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 17:59]
The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 18:02 - Feb 6 with 1877 viewsCiderwithRsie

I make us 3rd in the "form" (last 5 games) table - 12 points out of 15 behind Brentford and Swansea each on 13.

Usually means we're about to go off the boil but if we can keep this up we could climb nicely up the table because we've been gaining on almost everyone immediately above us.

Funny old table ATM, we're still only 5 points off the relegation zone (though with handily better goal difference even at -6) but only 7 points off 7th (but again significant GD advantage to the higher club). But there's 5 points on top of that to get into the play-off places and another 10 from there to top. The middle third is really congested, I can see us ending anywhere from 8th to 19th even with no radical change in performance.
The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 18:22 - Feb 6 with 1736 viewsterryb

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 18:02 - Feb 6 by CiderwithRsie

I make us 3rd in the "form" (last 5 games) table - 12 points out of 15 behind Brentford and Swansea each on 13.

Usually means we're about to go off the boil but if we can keep this up we could climb nicely up the table because we've been gaining on almost everyone immediately above us.

Funny old table ATM, we're still only 5 points off the relegation zone (though with handily better goal difference even at -6) but only 7 points off 7th (but again significant GD advantage to the higher club). But there's 5 points on top of that to get into the play-off places and another 10 from there to top. The middle third is really congested, I can see us ending anywhere from 8th to 19th even with no radical change in performance.

Only just below us are Rotherham with 10 points out of their last 15.

Please can we avoid any of the normal crap next week that it's only Rotherham & we should ALWAYS beat them!
Login to get fewer ads

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 18:32 - Feb 6 with 1675 viewsQPR_John

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:46 - Feb 6 by ManinBlack

I am just glad we won against this bogey team. I can't remember when we last kept a clean sheet against them. It was needed with Forest and Rotherham winning away, third away win on the spin for the Millers so they are looking like they can get out of trouble.

No stopping the free scoring Bees, something like 20 games unbeaten now I shouldn't wonder. I doubt a backs to the wall performance against them will keep them out.

Oh well that's for another day, I shall enjoy this result for a week.

"third away win on the spin for the Millers so they are looking like they can get out of trouble. "

If winning three away games on the spin means you can get out of trouble.......
The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 18:33 - Feb 6 with 1674 viewsLeedsR

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 18:22 - Feb 6 by terryb

Only just below us are Rotherham with 10 points out of their last 15.

Please can we avoid any of the normal crap next week that it's only Rotherham & we should ALWAYS beat them!

This. They’re on a great run of form recently and been playing well. Shouldn’t be underestimating them!
The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 18:38 - Feb 6 with 1654 viewsqprphil

Super win this, Wallace and Barbet, are really upping the anti. What a bit of confidence does eh. I'll have a good nights sleep, and wake up with a smile on my face........
The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 18:40 - Feb 6 with 1644 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 18:38 - Feb 6 by qprphil

Super win this, Wallace and Barbet, are really upping the anti. What a bit of confidence does eh. I'll have a good nights sleep, and wake up with a smile on my face........

Fair play, most people don't talk about wet dreams.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 18:47 - Feb 6 with 1606 viewskropotkin41

Really vital we've had these good results recently, we've got what looks like quite a daunting run of fixtures coming up...... or maybe all fixtures look daunting.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 18:47 - Feb 6 with 1599 viewslarsricchi

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 18:40 - Feb 6 by BrianMcCarthy

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 19:02 - Feb 6 with 1528 viewsthemodfather

big win, nice to win at home, clean sheet, more good stops from a proper goalie in dieng , as i said somewhere blackburn are a tough strong team. glad to win this,
The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 19:03 - Feb 6 with 1526 viewsqprphil

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 18:40 - Feb 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Nah just a puff of dust these days mate...............
The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 19:35 - Feb 6 with 1448 viewsCLAREMAN1995

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 18:47 - Feb 6 by larsricchi

Take that Deeney you cu*t
The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 20:41 - Feb 6 with 1347 viewsjoe90

Brilliant performance today! So happy with how it's all coming together, always felt we had it in us.
The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 22:24 - Feb 6 with 1227 viewsderbyhoop

Really good game management, particularly Seny. We're learning.

I thought Blackburn were the better side but great to grind out a win.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one's lifetime." (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop and now on Bluesky

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 22:32 - Feb 6 with 1217 viewscolinallcars

The only way I wake up with a smile on my face is if I go to bed with a coathanger in my mouth
The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 23:56 - Feb 6 with 1165 viewsNortholt_Rs

Same as... great result against a team who I thought were better on the day. Nice to grind out a home win and keep a clean sheet. Well done players - barbet in particular given I regularly coat him off - Warbs and the management team. Very happy R tonight! COYRs!!!!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 14:23 - Feb 7 with 975 viewsBoston

Here I am, basking in the teams form over the last few weeks, then you look at the table and the feelings of joy are slightly tempered by the realization of how close we still are to the drop zone. Crikey, if we hadn't have turned results around...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 15:03 - Feb 7 with 906 viewsPinnerPaul

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 16:28 - Feb 6 by VancouverHoop

Dieng plays his position like he's been doing it for twenty years.

He probably has!
The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 15:16 - Feb 7 with 885 viewsDavieQPR

Whilst a lot of the teams at the bottom are picking up points that means a lot of teams further up are dropping points therefore narrowing the gap. Nice to see we are capable of scoring all over and not just relying on the forwards.
The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 15:16 - Feb 7 with 881 viewsPinnerPaul

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:18 - Feb 6 by davman

Why not dissent for that Pinner?

Dissent - against the corner flag?????

Just in frustration, IF against a decision and game temperature high, maybe, maybe a card to calm it down, but generally no, not for me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024