Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. 13:02 - Feb 6 with 34597 viewsqpr_1968

if we lose, last one i do.
apologies if there is one up already, cant see one.

on the fence 1-1.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:10 - Feb 6 with 1924 viewskarl

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:04 - Feb 6 by stevec

We’ve got our hands on the coveted 16th place.

Our league title and a cup win in the week! Crazy days
The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:10 - Feb 6 with 1916 viewsWegerles_Stairs

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:02 - Feb 6 by larsricchi

A nice week. Appreciate the running comms, Brian, and the thread in general.

Anything of note to say about Bettache's play? Genuinely curious.

He worked hard when he came on, chasing and closing them down. Also played a nice ball through that was just too long. I do like the little I've seen of him. Tidy player.
The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:11 - Feb 6 with 1900 viewsdannyblue

Fantastic result. Really hard working and well fought. Disciplined and determined throughout. They have really turned the defence around. Full credit to them. I was strangely confident of the clean sheet from fairly early on (and very wary of that unusual feeling). Barbet and Kane are playing their best football for us yet. I know they've found a way to just get results. Very well done all.
The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:12 - Feb 6 with 1847 viewsBerkoRanger

Fantastic three points. And we have a whole week to prepare for the next game.
The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:12 - Feb 6 with 1837 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:09 - Feb 6 by kropotkin41

Awesome result. Now you're going to believe us, the Rs are staying up!

Stevie Mc Q revving the engine that’s for sure!

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:12 - Feb 6 with 1837 viewsqprd

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:02 - Feb 6 by larsricchi

A nice week. Appreciate the running comms, Brian, and the thread in general.

Anything of note to say about Bettache's play? Genuinely curious.

When he was on, blackburn was controlling possession and when we did get the ball, we were bypassing midfield, so it’s hard to judge him going forward

There was one heart attack sequence early on where he got pressed and I thought he was going to give it away but he did well to keep the ball

Defensively he was a nuisance... fresh legs and closed down quite effectively

Overall, did not make much of an impact

Very happy to see him play tonite tho, will do his confidence wonders and good for young players to get minutes under their belt ....
The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:13 - Feb 6 with 1830 viewsed_83

Great to see us grind out a win without being the more fluid side. Whole of the back 5 stood up magnificently, great to see Wallace answer his critics with a strong performance, and Dieng was absolutely superb. Dickie’s block from Dieng’s save was worth as much to us as a goal at the other end.

Still plenty of areas to work on, but lots to be optimistic about too.
The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:18 - Feb 6 with 1714 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Can't say enough about Barbet and Dickie. What a difference from the matador defense we saw last season. Barbet seems like a different player. Positioning has been so much better, and the risky challenges are 1) fewer and 2) not giving up goals. Dickie has been at least a 7 out of 10 in every match recently. What a find.

Ugly and nervous game, but a win. Four in five, right when the rest of the bottom is starting to get points, too. Well done to the Rs.
Login to get fewer ads

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:18 - Feb 6 with 1715 viewsdavman

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 16:21 - Feb 6 by stevec

Everyone down the bottom end winning, 17 teams now competing for 16th place

No chance. It is ours. We are HOME!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:18 - Feb 6 with 1703 viewsdavman

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 16:25 - Feb 6 by ConorM1882

Thought the very same, looked a right knob when he kicked the corner flag over

Why not dissent for that Pinner?

Can we go out yet?

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:18 - Feb 6 with 1700 viewsBklynRanger

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:13 - Feb 6 by ed_83

Great to see us grind out a win without being the more fluid side. Whole of the back 5 stood up magnificently, great to see Wallace answer his critics with a strong performance, and Dieng was absolutely superb. Dickie’s block from Dieng’s save was worth as much to us as a goal at the other end.

Still plenty of areas to work on, but lots to be optimistic about too.

We're definitely more resilient in recent games - that opposition would have caused us to fold only a few weeks ago. Cameron has his limitations but I don't know that I'd take him out of that back three at the moment.
The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:19 - Feb 6 with 1678 viewsNorthantsHoop

Great result needed that 1-0 scrappy win, defence superb today, all of them and Barbet deserved his goal, he has been playing really well recently.
The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:22 - Feb 6 with 1633 viewsdavman

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 16:41 - Feb 6 by ConorM1882

Anyone understand why Blackburn’s keeper feels the need to stand over proceedings here? Just curious

He might actually be a little concerned? Not all footballers are wnakrs.

Or he's listening in to ensure that it is genuine?

Can we go out yet?

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:24 - Feb 6 with 1576 viewsloftus77

Well done Rangers - very big win, no less so than last Monday.
The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:25 - Feb 6 with 1550 viewsHunterhoop

Huge result.

Not just for the table but because it’s the first time we’ve won properly ugly under Warburton.

Back 3 did very well under constant pressure both aerially and on the deck. Dieng made a couple of blinding saves too.

Our attacking was pretty poor and I feel our formation hindered us play today, but 3 points is what mattered. A much more pragmatic Warburton in 2021. Fair play to him.

Still keen to see Adomah more. Dykes looks concussed and I’d rather Adomah play off Austin than Bonne.
The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:25 - Feb 6 with 1543 viewsextratimeR

Betache looked very comfortable on the ball, held it up when he came on, ( as instructed) and looks a very good player, particularly as ball players usually get kicked to pieces in the Championship.
The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:26 - Feb 6 with 1510 viewsstrikerace

Bearing down on the playoffs, only 12 more pts to go
The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:27 - Feb 6 with 1502 viewsdavman

Another very, very hard fought 1-0.

Barbet, Dickie magnificent. Johannsen looked great, but a special mention to Old Father Time at left back; really solid, up and down the pitch, moved the ball well.

On the other hand, Dykes still looks way, way off - compare him to Gallagher - night and day.

And just when my son said Seny has not made a mistake - a fumble - arggh! A couple of great saves and generally great handling though.

16th - we're back!

Can we go out yet?

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:31 - Feb 6 with 1455 viewstraininvain

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:25 - Feb 6 by extratimeR

Betache looked very comfortable on the ball, held it up when he came on, ( as instructed) and looks a very good player, particularly as ball players usually get kicked to pieces in the Championship.

I was a bit critical of Betache after his sub cameo vs Derby but much better today.
The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:32 - Feb 6 with 1421 viewsHunterhoop

I still think there is a decent forward buried within Dykes. It’s just nothing is going his way this season. I’m still not sure he’s clear abd comfortable as to how to play in our team, with our players and system and he’s too honest/naive with defenders. I still think he’s harder to defend against than Bonne but he needs to improve and find a way to make more of an impact.

Hope his head injury is alright. He did look concussed.
The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:34 - Feb 6 with 1371 viewsdezzar

Take that Blackburn with Darwen
The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:34 - Feb 6 with 1364 viewsRanger_Things

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:26 - Feb 6 by strikerace

Bearing down on the playoffs, only 12 more pts to go

Remy, available, etc?
The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:37 - Feb 6 with 1317 viewsHarbour

Good hard fought win against a good side. Defence was great today Wallace Barbet exceptional and Dieng what a find he is pulled off some great saves. Nice to see us be professional at the end. Well done rangers
The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:38 - Feb 6 with 1313 viewsdavman

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:32 - Feb 6 by Hunterhoop

I still think there is a decent forward buried within Dykes. It’s just nothing is going his way this season. I’m still not sure he’s clear abd comfortable as to how to play in our team, with our players and system and he’s too honest/naive with defenders. I still think he’s harder to defend against than Bonne but he needs to improve and find a way to make more of an impact.

Hope his head injury is alright. He did look concussed.

I hope he's alright too. He just looks "clunky" to me - he's heavy footed, he's control is really poor and he is never in the right place - see Chair's ball across the 6 yard box today.

On the positive side, some of his first time passing is pretty good and he does alright in the air.

Unless there is a big change, we will never break into the top 10 with him as the main striker.

Sorry, not really the chat for a day we got the three points and everyone played their part, but he is a real worry to me...

...at least Wallace finally has one good game for us that I can focus on when I see his name on the team sheet...

Can we go out yet?

The lucky qpr v blackburn thread. on 17:39 - Feb 6 with 1277 viewspaulparker

A massive, massive win today especially with Birmingham & Wednesday losing
Missed the game today due to studying/coursework , but what a great week and we are showing character to dig these results out
Not a fan of Warburton but credit where it’s due , especially with the defence

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024