Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goodbye Ash 10:30 - Aug 9 with 35316 viewsswan88

He's saying his goodbyes as we speak. Thanks for the memories, you were our rock.
Goodbye Ash on 19:45 - Aug 9 with 2514 viewsMagicDaps

Goodbye Ash on 19:34 - Aug 9 by Banosswan

Plenty of speculation, how much genuine interest?

I don't think it's up for much debate, if his contract expired there would have been clubs in for him no doubt. The only reservations the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool will have had, is spending big money on player they wouldn't get any return on.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Goodbye Ash on 19:46 - Aug 9 with 2500 viewslondonlisa2001

Goodbye Ash on 19:28 - Aug 9 by MagicDaps

It's not the first opportunity he's had of leaving the club. I believe he signed three contract extensions with us, during each of which he had plenty of interest.

As a leader, he led us to our best ever Premier League season and to the only major trophy in our history. We can't exactly turn our noses up at those achievements.

Yes - on at least two of those occasions Arsenal were 'going to sign him' as I recall.

Funny how they have about 4 central defenders missing at the moment, are desperate, and still aren't interested isn't it, you know, since Arsene is such a fan!

I'm differentiating between Moralee driven nonsense to get him a pay rise and actual interest.

The only time a club actually showed interest was when Brendan wanted to take him to Liverpool and their transfer committee said no so even then it wasn't ever a possibility that he could go.

Oh I forgot - Palace of course always showed interest - who was it that Moralee played for again?

I agree by the way that he's been a great player for us. But it's the 'loyal servant' bit that's vaguely irritating. His first actual opportunity to go from the club that rescued him from Stockport and made him a multi millionaire and he couldn't get through the door quick enough. It's not a champions league team, it's not a team that can challenge for the top 4, it's a team that's much 'bigger than us' historically, but is in or around the same position in the league as us and in the same Europa league as he played in with us the season before last. So while I'm more than happy to say that he's been great for us, I'm equally going to say we've been great for him.

Its's worked well for both parties. I'll continue to support the club, good players and bad players - they'll pass through like a gentle breeze, some will be remembered and some forgotten. None will ever be bigger than the club, and none will ever be irreplaceable.
Goodbye Ash on 19:47 - Aug 9 with 2493 viewsattila_the_hun

[IMG] http://i67.tinypic.com/24chc7m.jpg[/IMG]

"I'm Free"

Goodbye Ash on 19:47 - Aug 9 with 2480 viewsDyfnant

People who want to clap him can meet the Everton coach outside the stadium or head to the Marriott. Keep the jerking circle away from pitch side & out of earshot of our players.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Goodbye Ash on 19:47 - Aug 9 with 2480 viewsAngelRangelQS

Goodbye Ash on 19:45 - Aug 9 by MagicDaps

I don't think it's up for much debate, if his contract expired there would have been clubs in for him no doubt. The only reservations the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool will have had, is spending big money on player they wouldn't get any return on.

He's done bloody well out of the club too. I bet he had decent wage hikes and signing on fees each time.

No bitterness here from me. Good player for us who played over 350 games and we are making a huge profit on. Everyone's a winner
Goodbye Ash on 19:49 - Aug 9 with 2468 viewsOldjack

Goodbye Ash on 19:23 - Aug 9 by KingBony

What about Ki filling in at CB for us?

Sure he played the Cap one cup there for us, appreciate it was against Bradford but could he be an option there?

Tried and tested, he could certainly fit in there ,but i'd much rather him in his best position ,an attacking midfielder

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Goodbye Ash on 19:50 - Aug 9 with 2457 viewsDyfnant

Goodbye Ash on 19:44 - Aug 9 by AngelRangelQS

Why not? He's commanding in the air, strong in the tackle and committed.

I think I'd rather see Leon Britton in goals

You'll be wanting Gomis upfront next

Goodbye Ash on 19:53 - Aug 9 with 2428 viewsMagicDaps

Goodbye Ash on 19:46 - Aug 9 by londonlisa2001

Yes - on at least two of those occasions Arsenal were 'going to sign him' as I recall.

Funny how they have about 4 central defenders missing at the moment, are desperate, and still aren't interested isn't it, you know, since Arsene is such a fan!

I'm differentiating between Moralee driven nonsense to get him a pay rise and actual interest.

The only time a club actually showed interest was when Brendan wanted to take him to Liverpool and their transfer committee said no so even then it wasn't ever a possibility that he could go.

Oh I forgot - Palace of course always showed interest - who was it that Moralee played for again?

I agree by the way that he's been a great player for us. But it's the 'loyal servant' bit that's vaguely irritating. His first actual opportunity to go from the club that rescued him from Stockport and made him a multi millionaire and he couldn't get through the door quick enough. It's not a champions league team, it's not a team that can challenge for the top 4, it's a team that's much 'bigger than us' historically, but is in or around the same position in the league as us and in the same Europa league as he played in with us the season before last. So while I'm more than happy to say that he's been great for us, I'm equally going to say we've been great for him.

Its's worked well for both parties. I'll continue to support the club, good players and bad players - they'll pass through like a gentle breeze, some will be remembered and some forgotten. None will ever be bigger than the club, and none will ever be irreplaceable.

You honestly don't think there would be interest in a player of Ash's ability? Brendan Rodgers has said he wanted Ash at Liverpool, but the move was blocked by the transfer committee as they didn't want to spend money on a player of his age. If he hadn't have signed his extensions in 2012 and 2014, he'd have gone to Liverpool on a free. He has had his options, and up until now he's chose to stay with the Swans. I'm not saying that his time here wasn't good for both parties, of course it was and I'm not saying he was a loyal servant either. I'm just disputing the fact that he left at the first opportunity which just wasn't the case.

Login to get fewer ads

Goodbye Ash on 20:01 - Aug 9 with 2377 viewslondonlisa2001

Goodbye Ash on 19:53 - Aug 9 by MagicDaps

You honestly don't think there would be interest in a player of Ash's ability? Brendan Rodgers has said he wanted Ash at Liverpool, but the move was blocked by the transfer committee as they didn't want to spend money on a player of his age. If he hadn't have signed his extensions in 2012 and 2014, he'd have gone to Liverpool on a free. He has had his options, and up until now he's chose to stay with the Swans. I'm not saying that his time here wasn't good for both parties, of course it was and I'm not saying he was a loyal servant either. I'm just disputing the fact that he left at the first opportunity which just wasn't the case.

Of course there'd be interest in every player for free!

Although not from the big clubs (CL level).

If he hadn't signed his extensions he'd have had to stay on a lower wage for the two years or three years that he always had to run on his old contract when it was renewed.

What you're effectively saying is that because he didn't choose to reject a large pay rise every season and spend three years running his contract down so he could leave on a free, that was an opportunity to leave? If you want to characterise it in that way then fine.
Goodbye Ash on 20:01 - Aug 9 with 2377 viewsAngelRangelQS

Goodbye Ash on 19:50 - Aug 9 by Dyfnant

You'll be wanting Gomis upfront next

Why is there always someone who takes it one step too far?
Goodbye Ash on 20:09 - Aug 9 with 2350 viewsMagicDaps

Goodbye Ash on 20:01 - Aug 9 by londonlisa2001

Of course there'd be interest in every player for free!

Although not from the big clubs (CL level).

If he hadn't signed his extensions he'd have had to stay on a lower wage for the two years or three years that he always had to run on his old contract when it was renewed.

What you're effectively saying is that because he didn't choose to reject a large pay rise every season and spend three years running his contract down so he could leave on a free, that was an opportunity to leave? If you want to characterise it in that way then fine.

Well financially he could have walked on a free in 2015, one year after he signed his contract extension, more than gained the wage rise he had in a signing on fee and then had a pay rise on top of that. That was clearly an option, and one that I he weighed up. He chose to stay on with us in the last couple of seasons and I don't think he purely made his decision based on money alone. I think he stayed with us rather than going to an Arsenal or a Liverpool on a free because he wanted regular football, and because he wanted to play under Garry Monk.

Goodbye Ash on 20:17 - Aug 9 with 2306 viewsNewhousemustscore

Moralee did what any agent worth his salt has ever done though - big up his player to get a more lucrative contract. It worked every time & he was happy here. Though, personally I don't believe every story I read in the newspapers. I know Ashley did not engineer this move to Everton. He was on holiday when he first heard about it. The powers that be wanted this move more than he did. I'm assuming, given our performances without him at the end of last season, they believe we can do alright without him & make money on a 32 year old. I'm assuming the yanks need to recoup their "investment" somehow.
Goodbye Ash on 20:24 - Aug 9 with 2258 viewslondonlisa2001

Goodbye Ash on 20:17 - Aug 9 by Newhousemustscore

Moralee did what any agent worth his salt has ever done though - big up his player to get a more lucrative contract. It worked every time & he was happy here. Though, personally I don't believe every story I read in the newspapers. I know Ashley did not engineer this move to Everton. He was on holiday when he first heard about it. The powers that be wanted this move more than he did. I'm assuming, given our performances without him at the end of last season, they believe we can do alright without him & make money on a 32 year old. I'm assuming the yanks need to recoup their "investment" somehow.

I agree with you re Moralee. If I was a footballer, I'd be quite happy with him as my agent!

And you can definitely tell that the club engineered it and he didn't want to go - the clue was in them turning down £10m last week after he'd agreed personal terms...

I think both sides are happy by the way, not just Ash.
Goodbye Ash on 20:25 - Aug 9 with 2242 viewsmax936

Goodbye Ash on 19:49 - Aug 9 by Oldjack

Tried and tested, he could certainly fit in there ,but i'd much rather him in his best position ,an attacking midfielder

Ki I won't tackle can't tackle to solve our CB position, don't get my started on his aerial abilities, that's bad baccy ew smoking tonight Al ffs mun

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Goodbye Ash on 20:26 - Aug 9 with 2226 viewsJackfath

Goodbye Ash on 20:25 - Aug 9 by max936

Ki I won't tackle can't tackle to solve our CB position, don't get my started on his aerial abilities, that's bad baccy ew smoking tonight Al ffs mun

Init. Dear God.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Goodbye Ash on 20:45 - Aug 9 with 2144 viewsFlashberryjack

" But it's the 'loyal servant' bit that's vaguely irritating " made me smile that did, we are talking about footballers here mind.
The words "Footballers and loyalty" should never be used in the same sentence.

Ash has been a great for us, and we've been great for him, so mutually beneficial.
Although I do hope he has the good manners and class to say something nice about his time at the Liberty when the opportunity arises, unlike some on here with the usual "F*ck him" comments.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Goodbye Ash on 20:49 - Aug 9 with 2125 viewsTNT

Goodbye Ash on 12:29 - Aug 9 by Artur_Adeyemi

When are we naming a stand after him?

He can join the queue...behind Ante.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Goodbye Ash on 20:50 - Aug 9 with 2114 viewsLoyal

Goodbye Ash on 13:55 - Aug 9 by Kerouac

Normally I would agree but Ash is a club legend FFS.

I will be applauding him. He has earned it.
He gave us his best years, achieved lots, and gave us a bumper pay day right at the end.
Good luck to him.

Legend ?
Fck off.
Legends invent cures for cancers - not for kicking fcking bags of wind about !

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Goodbye Ash on 21:47 - Aug 9 with 2014 viewsmax936

Goodbye Ash on 20:26 - Aug 9 by Jackfath

Init. Dear God.

In fairness he did say that he'd prefer him in his natural position, I jumped the gun a tad there, Oops!!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Goodbye Ash on 23:04 - Aug 9 with 1869 viewsDyfnant

Goodbye Ash on 20:01 - Aug 9 by AngelRangelQS

Why is there always someone who takes it one step too far?

Goodbye Ash on 23:22 - Aug 9 with 1830 viewsItchySphincter

Goodbye Ash on 19:28 - Aug 9 by MagicDaps

It's not the first opportunity he's had of leaving the club. I believe he signed three contract extensions with us, during each of which he had plenty of interest.

As a leader, he led us to our best ever Premier League season and to the only major trophy in our history. We can't exactly turn our noses up at those achievements.

F*ck off Daps.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Goodbye Ash on 23:24 - Aug 9 with 1824 viewsItchySphincter

Goodbye Ash on 19:49 - Aug 9 by Oldjack

F*ck off Alan.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Goodbye Ash on 23:50 - Aug 9 with 1770 viewsSwansNZ

Goodbye Ash on 14:31 - Aug 9 by Kerouac

It's called class.
You obviously don't understand this concept.

Can you imagine in rugby someone like Phil Bennett coming back to Llanelli at the fag end of his career, playing for someone else...and having abuse hurled at him?

Someone like Ash has earned our respect, or should have.

Different eras and different sports, but Ash would not be fit to lace Bennetts boots. Bennett didn’t go and join another team, did he? He never got paid millions or be off at probably the first bid the club received for him.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Goodbye Ash on 23:54 - Aug 9 with 1761 viewsSwansNZ

Goodbye Ash on 19:45 - Aug 9 by MagicDaps

on a free?

Support players when they play for Swansea City, but why would you want to support a player from another team, even if he had played for us before?

#ashisgod
[Post edited 9 Aug 2016 23:55]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Goodbye Ash on 23:58 - Aug 9 with 1746 viewsBanosswan

Goodbye Ash on 23:24 - Aug 9 by ItchySphincter

F*ck off Alan.

F*ck off itchy

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024