Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Swansea City stadium 20:34 - May 17 with 14070 viewsScoobyWho

Quite a few people talking about a new stadium being backed by the Americans and others and Fcking the council off as they have been pretty inflexible in recent times, hence the non movement on expansion.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

New Swansea City stadium on 19:15 - May 18 with 2368 viewsraynor94

New Swansea City stadium on 18:40 - May 18 by Treforys_Jack

Wouldn't that just encourage even more happy clappers to clap the opposition though

Ah right, I hadn't realized we were an exclusive club!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

New Swansea City stadium on 19:20 - May 18 with 2342 viewsblaenaugwentjack

You really have to ask yourself what is going on here? This expansion has been promised by the club for the last four years now? And still no progress, factor in previous club owners, who made a right mess of building on to the old athletics stadium, their was also going to be a railway station at that project, and are ever improving league position you think this would have been nailed by now. In all honesty i dont think its going to happen , I hope i mm wrong but it does not look good from here. I have just about given up on home games and go away to watch the swans, and that just about sums it up. Massive oppitunity missed.
New Swansea City stadium on 19:43 - May 18 with 2271 viewsmax936

New Swansea City stadium on 19:20 - May 18 by blaenaugwentjack

You really have to ask yourself what is going on here? This expansion has been promised by the club for the last four years now? And still no progress, factor in previous club owners, who made a right mess of building on to the old athletics stadium, their was also going to be a railway station at that project, and are ever improving league position you think this would have been nailed by now. In all honesty i dont think its going to happen , I hope i mm wrong but it does not look good from here. I have just about given up on home games and go away to watch the swans, and that just about sums it up. Massive oppitunity missed.

I think a Statement from the club is needed to be honest, as its all gone all so quiet on the expansion front, also talk of the purchase of the Stadium has gone quiet, although I don't think its a necessary purchase myself, on the other hand the Club has spent a fortune on development of the Academy so maybe the above is gonna have to take a back seat for now.

The traffic situation and parking is another huge issue as well.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

New Swansea City stadium on 20:05 - May 18 with 2208 viewsDewi1jack

I'm pretty sure this question has been asked before, I just can't be bothered to look for the answer.
Would the council have to pay back the European regeneration grants they obtained to build the ground (and the shopping park if that was part of the original request for funding) if the price goes above a certain limit?
The council don't own the ground. In fact the council own nothing.
The taxpayers own all council property.
The council and its appointed staff are just the guardians and have a duty of care to do what is best for its stakeholders.
IMHO, selling the ground (with a guarantee the eggers are allowed to play there, if they pay their rent) and removing the operating debts from Council tax payers, is in the best interest.
That is, if the money is used to provide services for the taxpayer and not a "jolly boys" outing to somewhere warm (for twinning purposes!!!)

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

New Swansea City stadium on 20:23 - May 18 with 2148 viewsDr_Winston

New Swansea City stadium on 19:04 - May 18 by Pacemaker

The land around Fabian Way within the borough of NPT council is all accounted for and the Bay studios are currently flat out and likely to expand further.

The development of land behind Port Talbot train station within the old docks was to be developed for a new campus for Afan college and a joint sports ground for Aberafan RFC and PT Town AFC with the sale of their home grounds for housing projects financing this.

It would appear that deal has fallen through so there is a large brown field site alongside a main railway station and new bus station a short distance from the M4 and Harbour Way distributor road together with access by sea and walking distance to pubs and retail units with a sunny beach only a short stroll away and a cycle route in every direction.

It's a no brainer but don't tell anyone as its a secret.

Sounds ideal. Only the small difficulty of it not actually being in Swansea lets it down.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New Swansea City stadium on 20:26 - May 18 with 2155 viewsDull1Thomas

I thought SWP weren't happy about expansion without consideration for extra traffic.
A small increase probably doesn't make financial sense and a large increase would cause problems with increased fan numbers.
As for a new build I can't see that happening as the Liberty would become a huge burden on the Council and it would be the council that would have to agree plans for anew stadium.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

New Swansea City stadium on 20:38 - May 18 with 2128 viewslondonlisa2001

The Swans have a lease.

Any losses on the stadium need to be covered by the Swans / Ospreys for the duration.

Why on earth would we waste money moving and also pay all the costs on the Liberty?

By the way - even without that, I would hate the Swans to play anywhere other than Swansea. That includes Neath or Port Talbot.
New Swansea City stadium on 20:53 - May 18 with 2106 viewsmorningstar

New Swansea City stadium on 20:38 - May 18 by londonlisa2001

The Swans have a lease.

Any losses on the stadium need to be covered by the Swans / Ospreys for the duration.

Why on earth would we waste money moving and also pay all the costs on the Liberty?

By the way - even without that, I would hate the Swans to play anywhere other than Swansea. That includes Neath or Port Talbot.

Isn't that so! We take the piss out of Cardiffs rebranding, and then some rejoice at the possibility of us being relocated to another area which up until recently was indeed classed as a Cardiff stronghold! F****n unbelievable on here sometimes!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Login to get fewer ads

New Swansea City stadium on 21:00 - May 18 with 2092 viewsdgt73

New Swansea City stadium on 13:49 - May 18 by ScoobyWho

You don't drink ....

Is the correct answer....

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

New Swansea City stadium on 21:13 - May 18 with 2063 viewsmax936

New Swansea City stadium on 20:53 - May 18 by morningstar

Isn't that so! We take the piss out of Cardiffs rebranding, and then some rejoice at the possibility of us being relocated to another area which up until recently was indeed classed as a Cardiff stronghold! F****n unbelievable on here sometimes!

I very much doubt Pacey was being serious and anyway the area he talks of isn't big enough and with Magistrates one end and court offices t'other end plus other buildings of an industry nature, its a complete no, no

Another Stadia to house the Swans isn't on anyone's agenda Im sure.

New Swansea City stadium on 21:32 - May 18 with 2026 viewsGowerjack

New Swansea City stadium on 20:23 - May 18 by Dr_Winston

Sounds ideal. Only the small difficulty of it not actually being in Swansea lets it down.

And the appaling transport links.

Can you just imagine how long it would take to get back into Swansea along Fabian Way?

A complete non starter .

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

New Swansea City stadium on 21:47 - May 18 with 1984 viewsPacemaker

New Swansea City stadium on 20:23 - May 18 by Dr_Winston

Swansea bay region now though see, Premier league council now

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

New Swansea City stadium on 21:49 - May 18 with 1968 viewsJackfath

New Swansea City stadium on 21:32 - May 18 by Gowerjack

And the appaling transport links.

Can you just imagine how long it would take to get back into Swansea along Fabian Way?

A complete non starter .

Get a few of these decked out in SCFC colours going from the Marina over to the new sea port by the stadium. Moving walkways from the sea port to the stadium.

[Post edited 18 May 2015 21:50]

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

New Swansea City stadium on 21:57 - May 18 with 1944 viewsPacemaker

New Swansea City stadium on 21:13 - May 18 by max936

I very much doubt Pacey was being serious and anyway the area he talks of isn't big enough and with Magistrates one end and court offices t'other end plus other buildings of an industry nature, its a complete no, no

Another Stadia to house the Swans isn't on anyone's agenda Im sure.

With my new water taxi business from Llewelyns quay to SA1 it will be ideal for Swansea Max.

I can have a pint in the Grand with the Cardiff City massive and walk across the new bridge.

The Mags court is being knocked down and the old skill centre will be new Afan College so loads of room and all grants to move there. The new Swansea Uni is now in NPT because Swansea were too slow to sort it out and now Airbus, Tata and Rolls Rouce are building on land owned by NPT.

A massive error again by Swansea council, as for us I doubt we would be expanding the Landore development site if we intended moving from the Liberty. As Huw Cooze said at the forum we have a lot of infrastructure to build from scratch. The extension of approx 5-6 k will be built but I think that will be it other than additional hospitality facilities.
[Post edited 18 May 2015 21:59]

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

New Swansea City stadium on 22:02 - May 18 with 1920 viewsNeathJack

There's a great site for a new stadium in the City centre by the prison. I think it's just being used for allotments at the moment.

Bus station close by, train station in easy walking distance and loads of park and ride facilitates already in place.
New Swansea City stadium on 22:03 - May 18 with 1918 viewsStarsky

New Swansea City stadium on 22:02 - May 18 by NeathJack

There's a great site for a new stadium in the City centre by the prison. I think it's just being used for allotments at the moment.

Bus station close by, train station in easy walking distance and loads of park and ride facilitates already in place.

And a beach

It's just the internet, init.

New Swansea City stadium on 22:08 - May 18 with 1894 viewsmax936

New Swansea City stadium on 21:57 - May 18 by Pacemaker

With my new water taxi business from Llewelyns quay to SA1 it will be ideal for Swansea Max.

I can have a pint in the Grand with the Cardiff City massive and walk across the new bridge.

The Mags court is being knocked down and the old skill centre will be new Afan College so loads of room and all grants to move there. The new Swansea Uni is now in NPT because Swansea were too slow to sort it out and now Airbus, Tata and Rolls Rouce are building on land owned by NPT.

A massive error again by Swansea council, as for us I doubt we would be expanding the Landore development site if we intended moving from the Liberty. As Huw Cooze said at the forum we have a lot of infrastructure to build from scratch. The extension of approx 5-6 k will be built but I think that will be it other than additional hospitality facilities.
[Post edited 18 May 2015 21:59]

I thought the Magistrates was a listed building, someone told me Im sure?

Good luck with your water taxi business

New Swansea City stadium on 22:09 - May 18 with 1888 viewsEdmundo

New Swansea City stadium on 11:53 - May 18 by father_jack

cant see why anyone would want a stadium in the middle of nowhere (velindre), near no train station, or facilities.

Would cost a shitload to develop, access roads are insufficient to allow 25-30k fans to enter and exit. No rail options, no current bus links.....just one serious non starter. Ohhh.....and the Assembly are plowing shitloads of money to make it ready for a magor business/engineering park.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

New Swansea City stadium on 22:44 - May 18 with 1817 viewsmorningstar

New Swansea City stadium on 21:49 - May 18 by Jackfath

Get a few of these decked out in SCFC colours going from the Marina over to the new sea port by the stadium. Moving walkways from the sea port to the stadium.

[Post edited 18 May 2015 21:50]

WOW! F**k that! Let's build one of those beauties big enough to have a 40000 seater stadium on it! Would be really cool and Cardiff what hate it after the swim away jibes. They'd have too swim away every game! That's if we ever played them again of course.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

New Swansea City stadium on 23:35 - May 18 with 1749 viewsAmpadu

Let's all calm down whilst i run through some obvious points:

1) The will be no new Stadium.

2) The expansion will go ahead.

3) But it won't happen until after next season at the earliest.

4) In relative terms, we do not have deep pockets.

5) Swans / Ospreys attendances are non comparable, different demographic, too many live games etc..

6) Let's not forget who we are, we could be back in the Championship in 12 months time and talks of stadium expansion, new grounds and throwing money around like nobody's business will make us sound naive. Keep things in perspective you crazy lot.
[Post edited 18 May 2015 23:53]

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.

New Swansea City stadium on 00:52 - May 19 with 1674 viewsUxbridge

We're always one season from relegation. That's a ridiculous justification IMO but it keeps on getting made.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

New Swansea City stadium on 01:01 - May 19 with 1665 viewsScoobyWho

New Swansea City stadium on 00:52 - May 19 by Uxbridge

We're always one season from relegation. That's a ridiculous justification IMO but it keeps on getting made.

Reminds me of my next door neighbour. For years he wouldn't buy a computer saying they will only update it or build a better one a year later - making the one he had redundant. After seven years he bought a computer.

Im sure there is some reality in there somewhere.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

New Swansea City stadium on 01:13 - May 19 with 1659 viewsStarsky

New Swansea City stadium on 23:35 - May 18 by Ampadu

Let's all calm down whilst i run through some obvious points:

1) The will be no new Stadium.

2) The expansion will go ahead.

3) But it won't happen until after next season at the earliest.

4) In relative terms, we do not have deep pockets.

5) Swans / Ospreys attendances are non comparable, different demographic, too many live games etc..

6) Let's not forget who we are, we could be back in the Championship in 12 months time and talks of stadium expansion, new grounds and throwing money around like nobody's business will make us sound naive. Keep things in perspective you crazy lot.
[Post edited 18 May 2015 23:53]

Your point number 6.

The worst point you ever tried to make.

New Swansea City stadium on 01:29 - May 19 with 1646 viewsAmpadu

New Swansea City stadium on 01:13 - May 19 by Starsky

Your point number 6.

The worst point you ever tried to make.

I'll elaborate on point 6. It makes no financial sense to throw money at every part of the club and it's infrastructure. We need steady year on year progress on and off the field to be sustainable. Does that help you digest my point?

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.

New Swansea City stadium on 08:42 - May 19 with 1540 viewsStarsky

New Swansea City stadium on 01:29 - May 19 by Ampadu

I'll elaborate on point 6. It makes no financial sense to throw money at every part of the club and it's infrastructure. We need steady year on year progress on and off the field to be sustainable. Does that help you digest my point?

Make hay while the sun shines

You've got to speculate to accumulate

That's where I am Mr A.

If we extend in say, 3 years time, then building costs will have gone up.

Also that's 3 more years without extra gate money.

also, also, that's 3 more years of potential young fans finding something else to do on a Saturday.

Also,also,also... That's 3 more years of missing the chance to pick up extra support from the fringes of Cardiff... While Cardiff are suffering their shitty years.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024