Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Swansea City stadium 20:34 - May 17 with 14072 viewsScoobyWho

Quite a few people talking about a new stadium being backed by the Americans and others and Fcking the council off as they have been pretty inflexible in recent times, hence the non movement on expansion.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

New Swansea City stadium on 23:25 - May 17 with 2338 viewsAmpadu

New Swansea City stadium on 22:50 - May 17 by ScoobyWho

Well it's a fact that a number of people think it. If that helps.

Oh well, if you put it like that.......

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.

New Swansea City stadium on 23:33 - May 17 with 2310 viewsDarran

New Swansea City stadium on 22:09 - May 17 by C_jack

Lets be honest if they can't start building after this season, then something is seriously wrong.

People want to seriously read this fellas post and sit down and think about it.
If it doesn't happen soon there's summin not f*cking right.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New Swansea City stadium on 23:41 - May 17 with 2290 viewsScoobyWho

New Swansea City stadium on 23:25 - May 17 by Ampadu

Oh well, if you put it like that.......

I think if you should view this as a topical discussion and not a search for in depth truth.
People have views, some are of mountains others are of motorways.
Darren summed it up far better than I.

New Swansea City stadium on 23:45 - May 17 with 2271 viewsDarran

New Swansea City stadium on 23:41 - May 17 by ScoobyWho

I think if you should view this as a topical discussion and not a search for in depth truth.
People have views, some are of mountains others are of motorways.
Darren summed it up far better than I.

Darran.

Just saying.

New Swansea City stadium on 23:49 - May 17 with 2253 viewsScoobyWho

New Swansea City stadium on 23:45 - May 17 by Darran

Darran.

Just saying.

Spellchecker thing.
I usually correct it.

New Swansea City stadium on 23:52 - May 17 with 2241 viewsBanosswan

New Swansea City stadium on 23:49 - May 17 by ScoobyWho

Spellchecker thing.
I usually correct it.

Do would people prefer a new stadium in felindre, or a slightly improved morfa?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

New Swansea City stadium on 00:00 - May 18 with 2218 viewsDarran

New Swansea City stadium on 23:52 - May 17 by Banosswan

I'd prefer one on the old Fords site opposite the new University buildings but you didn't hear that from me.

New Swansea City stadium on 00:02 - May 18 with 2215 viewsPozuelosSideys

New Swansea City stadium on 23:52 - May 17 by Banosswan

An expansion to the existing.

The cost/benefits to a brand new stadium funded by ourselves/sponsors is a weight around the neck far too much for us to handle. Savings would have to be made elsewhere and that would be on the playing staff.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Login to get fewer ads

New Swansea City stadium on 08:00 - May 18 with 2037 viewsjackforever

Sure planning permission would be a breeze on a new stadium. The council will be all for it. I take it thd stadium will be in npt or carms?
New Swansea City stadium on 09:04 - May 18 with 1937 viewsDewi1jack

New Swansea City stadium on 08:00 - May 18 by jackforever

Sure planning permission would be a breeze on a new stadium. The council will be all for it. I take it thd stadium will be in npt or carms?

This.
No way on Earth would Swansea council grant planning for a new stadium until they'd sold ours off.
The club would be fighting every planning appeal against the council for many years to come, costing both the taxpayers and the club £ millions

Plenty of farm land around Leominster I'm sure they could build on

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

New Swansea City stadium on 09:16 - May 18 with 1912 viewsJackSomething

New Swansea City stadium on 09:04 - May 18 by Dewi1jack

This.
No way on Earth would Swansea council grant planning for a new stadium until they'd sold ours off.
The club would be fighting every planning appeal against the council for many years to come, costing both the taxpayers and the club £ millions

Plenty of farm land around Leominster I'm sure they could build on

The site Darran mentions opposite the new University campus would make sense, as it's in NPT.

No idea what's going on behind the scenes, but our council would look more shambolic than usual if they let one of the city's crown jewels move to a stadium outside their boundaries. Would probably be worth the club exploring this if only to put the sh*ts up the council...

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

New Swansea City stadium on 09:20 - May 18 with 1909 viewsdgt73

New Swansea City stadium on 21:02 - May 17 by ItchySphincter

I said a couple of years ago that we're more likely to build a new stadium than expand this one. Nothing yet has convinced me otherwise.

Well you are wrong..............100% no new stadium will be built in Swansea. No chance at all.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

New Swansea City stadium on 09:32 - May 18 with 1888 viewsScoobyWho

New Swansea City stadium on 00:00 - May 18 by Darran

I'd prefer one on the old Fords site opposite the new University buildings but you didn't hear that from me.

Another location that has been mentioned.

New Swansea City stadium on 09:37 - May 18 with 1879 viewsScoobyWho

New Swansea City stadium on 09:20 - May 18 by dgt73

Well you are wrong..............100% no new stadium will be built in Swansea. No chance at all.

We live in times of extreme political agendas.

The threat of a new stadium could well move the council to make more of an effort to facilitate a partnership between the club and council. If they thought that Swansea City were to move away to a new venue and then being left with a stadium and a poorly supported rugby club as an albatross round the neck they could well sit up a bit.

Sometimes just the thought of something makes people work a little bit harder.

New Swansea City stadium on 09:38 - May 18 with 1877 viewsJackSomething

New Swansea City stadium on 09:20 - May 18 by dgt73

You seem to have missed that not all of the sites being discussed are in Swansea...

New Swansea City stadium on 09:41 - May 18 with 1835 viewsdgt73

New Swansea City stadium on 09:38 - May 18 by JackSomething

You seem to have missed that not all of the sites being discussed are in Swansea...

Put it this way......Swansea will be playing at the liberty stadium....the one they play in now.....and no other stadium.....that I know to be correct.

New Swansea City stadium on 09:42 - May 18 with 1832 viewsdgt73

New Swansea City stadium on 09:37 - May 18 by ScoobyWho

We live in times of extreme political agendas.

The threat of a new stadium could well move the council to make more of an effort to facilitate a partnership between the club and council. If they thought that Swansea City were to move away to a new venue and then being left with a stadium and a poorly supported rugby club as an albatross round the neck they could well sit up a bit.

Sometimes just the thought of something makes people work a little bit harder.

It's not going to happen that i know.....but if people want to debate the issue that's fine.

New Swansea City stadium on 09:43 - May 18 with 1820 viewstomdickharry

Billionmaire Terry Matthews has been involved as Chairman of the Swansea Bay City Region since Sept 2014,which obviously means he deals with the City Council on a daily basis,does anybody really think that a guy like Matthews is going to get involved with projects that are not going to be beneficial to the "Region" and one of the prime assets of that "Region" is Swansea City AFC,The Liberty Stadium and most importantly Premiership Football which as we all know is screened live around the World and not like the eggers think with their joke League the Pro12 or whatever it is called which is screed to a paltry audience in GB. The talk of a new stadium is ridiculous and our new extension will be up and running in the short term now that the commencement of construction of the new Morfa Distributor Rd (Hafod Bye Pass) is imminent.
New Swansea City stadium on 09:46 - May 18 with 1813 viewsjackonicko

New Swansea City stadium on 23:03 - May 17 by SgorioFruit

Spot on.
They have had enough time now.

They may have had enough time, but instead the club have decided to focus their investment elsewhere.

Those of us who park near Days and walk past Landore on the way to the game will have seen the amount of money pumped into the training centre there.

Those of us who have watched the extended interview on Sky with Garry and Huw will have seen the amount of money pumped into Fairwood as well. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. You can find it on Sky Go / On demand for the next 30 days.

Finally, there are the ongoing negotiations with the council to buy the stadium.

None of those come cheap. Factor in the ongoing investment in the playing squad, the steadily rising wage bill, and the state of the last set of accounts, and it is immediately apparent why the stadium hasn't been extended. It's not the club couldn't afford it, it's just they can't afford to do the stadium and everything else. Matter of prioritisation.

We can argue all we like about the prioritisation. But you can't argue that the club is investing a hell of a lot of money into the overall infrastructure. I get a warm glow of pride very time I walk past Landore. I got another warm glow of pride when I watched the Sky interview.

The stadium expansion needs to happen. But my view is the investment is happening in the right order.

Fairwood clearly has some additional investment to go. With the new TV deal in the offing, I wouldn't be surprised if the Liberty stays the same for another season.
[Post edited 18 May 2015 9:49]
New Swansea City stadium on 09:49 - May 18 with 1797 viewsScoobyWho

New Swansea City stadium on 09:43 - May 18 by tomdickharry

Billionmaire Terry Matthews has been involved as Chairman of the Swansea Bay City Region since Sept 2014,which obviously means he deals with the City Council on a daily basis,does anybody really think that a guy like Matthews is going to get involved with projects that are not going to be beneficial to the "Region" and one of the prime assets of that "Region" is Swansea City AFC,The Liberty Stadium and most importantly Premiership Football which as we all know is screened live around the World and not like the eggers think with their joke League the Pro12 or whatever it is called which is screed to a paltry audience in GB. The talk of a new stadium is ridiculous and our new extension will be up and running in the short term now that the commencement of construction of the new Morfa Distributor Rd (Hafod Bye Pass) is imminent.

The real issue for many seems to be the yearly announcements of expansion ( there have been 4 ) and then nothing happens.

Outsiders will see this as a business opportunity.

New Swansea City stadium on 09:51 - May 18 with 1794 viewsUxbridge

New Swansea City stadium on 09:46 - May 18 by jackonicko

They may have had enough time, but instead the club have decided to focus their investment elsewhere.

Those of us who park near Days and walk past Landore on the way to the game will have seen the amount of money pumped into the training centre there.

Those of us who have watched the extended interview on Sky with Garry and Huw will have seen the amount of money pumped into Fairwood as well. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. You can find it on Sky Go / On demand for the next 30 days.

Finally, there are the ongoing negotiations with the council to buy the stadium.

None of those come cheap. Factor in the ongoing investment in the playing squad, the steadily rising wage bill, and the state of the last set of accounts, and it is immediately apparent why the stadium hasn't been extended. It's not the club couldn't afford it, it's just they can't afford to do the stadium and everything else. Matter of prioritisation.

We can argue all we like about the prioritisation. But you can't argue that the club is investing a hell of a lot of money into the overall infrastructure. I get a warm glow of pride very time I walk past Landore. I got another warm glow of pride when I watched the Sky interview.

The stadium expansion needs to happen. But my view is the investment is happening in the right order.

Fairwood clearly has some additional investment to go. With the new TV deal in the offing, I wouldn't be surprised if the Liberty stays the same for another season.
[Post edited 18 May 2015 9:49]

Indeed. The real question is whether expansion or stadium purchase becomes the priority for the club once the training facilities are done. I'd argue the former personally.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

New Swansea City stadium on 09:55 - May 18 with 1784 viewsTreforys_Jack

Perhaps the board don't think expansion is needed. Maybe there is no mythical waiting list. Just saying like!
New Swansea City stadium on 10:06 - May 18 with 1759 viewsJackSomething

New Swansea City stadium on 09:42 - May 18 by dgt73

It's not going to happen that i know.....but if people want to debate the issue that's fine.

Thanks for your permission.

I tend to agree with what Jackonicko has written. That it all comes down to finances and we will eventually expand the stadium. If however, there are any issues with the council (travel plan?), then it would be common sense to make noise about building a new stadium outside Swansea.

Of course that's my opinion only, same as what you write. Pretend to have concrete knowledge of the situation all you want, no-one is buying it.

New Swansea City stadium on 10:12 - May 18 with 1745 viewsItchySphincter

New Swansea City stadium on 09:43 - May 18 by tomdickharry

Tal of a new stadium might be ridiculous - maybe as ridiculous as talk of an extension but you don't half talk a lot of old guff.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

New Swansea City stadium on 10:16 - May 18 with 1729 viewsItchySphincter

New Swansea City stadium on 10:06 - May 18 by JackSomething

Thanks for your permission.

I tend to agree with what Jackonicko has written. That it all comes down to finances and we will eventually expand the stadium. If however, there are any issues with the council (travel plan?), then it would be common sense to make noise about building a new stadium outside Swansea.

Of course that's my opinion only, same as what you write. Pretend to have concrete knowledge of the situation all you want, no-one is buying it.

He's been trying to break 'exclusives' for the last few weeks about how many Dutch or Germans will be at the next few home games. It's just his way of trying to show he's 'in' with JVZ or something. Probably follows him on twitter or suchlike.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024