Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Swansea City stadium 20:34 - May 17 with 14071 viewsScoobyWho

Quite a few people talking about a new stadium being backed by the Americans and others and Fcking the council off as they have been pretty inflexible in recent times, hence the non movement on expansion.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

New Swansea City stadium on 10:19 - May 18 with 2347 viewsdgt73

New Swansea City stadium on 10:06 - May 18 by JackSomething

Thanks for your permission.

I tend to agree with what Jackonicko has written. That it all comes down to finances and we will eventually expand the stadium. If however, there are any issues with the council (travel plan?), then it would be common sense to make noise about building a new stadium outside Swansea.

Of course that's my opinion only, same as what you write. Pretend to have concrete knowledge of the situation all you want, no-one is buying it.

You crack on.......

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

New Swansea City stadium on 10:22 - May 18 with 2333 viewsdgt73

New Swansea City stadium on 10:16 - May 18 by ItchySphincter

He's been trying to break 'exclusives' for the last few weeks about how many Dutch or Germans will be at the next few home games. It's just his way of trying to show he's 'in' with JVZ or something. Probably follows him on twitter or suchlike.

Don't need to break " exclusives" lol....and not on twitter......I know enough to know, talk of building a new stadium is complete nonsense......as for JVZ yes I know him....even had a drink with him yesterday :-)

New Swansea City stadium on 10:23 - May 18 with 2327 viewsItchySphincter

New Swansea City stadium on 10:22 - May 18 by dgt73

Don't need to break " exclusives" lol....and not on twitter......I know enough to know, talk of building a new stadium is complete nonsense......as for JVZ yes I know him....even had a drink with him yesterday :-)

Good for you.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

New Swansea City stadium on 10:25 - May 18 with 2317 viewsdgt73

New Swansea City stadium on 10:23 - May 18 by ItchySphincter

Good for you.

I know it is. :-)

New Swansea City stadium on 10:37 - May 18 with 2283 viewsJackSomething

New Swansea City stadium on 10:25 - May 18 by dgt73

I know it is. :-)

You crack on...

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

New Swansea City stadium on 11:09 - May 18 with 2237 viewstomdickharry

New Swansea City stadium on 10:12 - May 18 by ItchySphincter

Tal of a new stadium might be ridiculous - maybe as ridiculous as talk of an extension but you don't half talk a lot of old guff.

Point out to me where ?
New Swansea City stadium on 11:13 - May 18 with 2230 viewsjackonicko

New Swansea City stadium on 09:51 - May 18 by Uxbridge

Indeed. The real question is whether expansion or stadium purchase becomes the priority for the club once the training facilities are done. I'd argue the former personally.

Aye. As I say, you can argue over the prioritisation.

On expansion vs purchase, I'd want to know the terms of any purchase, and whether it is a one-time deal. The council needs the money, so if we don't buy, are the club effectively just deferring until such time when we could acquire - or are the council going to look elsewhere (long term infrastructure fund?) and the opportunity is lost.

No idea what kind of yield they could/would get even if they did do that.

Too many unknowns right now.
New Swansea City stadium on 11:46 - May 18 with 2175 viewsbluenile

New Swansea City stadium on 09:16 - May 18 by JackSomething

The site Darran mentions opposite the new University campus would make sense, as it's in NPT.

No idea what's going on behind the scenes, but our council would look more shambolic than usual if they let one of the city's crown jewels move to a stadium outside their boundaries. Would probably be worth the club exploring this if only to put the sh*ts up the council...

You're going to close down the film studios?? Throw them out??

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Login to get fewer ads

New Swansea City stadium on 11:51 - May 18 with 2160 viewsJackSomething

New Swansea City stadium on 11:46 - May 18 by bluenile

Do you know the length of their lease? Or the nature of it?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

New Swansea City stadium on 11:53 - May 18 with 2157 viewsfather_jack

cant see why anyone would want a stadium in the middle of nowhere (velindre), near no train station, or facilities.

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

New Swansea City stadium on 11:53 - May 18 with 2157 viewsWhiterockin

New Swansea City stadium on 11:13 - May 18 by jackonicko

On expansion vs purchase, I'd want to know the terms of any purchase, and whether it is a one-time deal. The council needs the money, so if we don't buy, are the club effectively just deferring until such time when we could acquire - or are the council going to look elsewhere (long term infrastructure fund?) and the opportunity is lost.

"Too many unknowns right now".

There are many things behind the scenes that we have no knowledge of. An example could possibly be, that if the council hold onto the Stadium at the moment funding may be available for road improvements from the EMF. If we bought the ground we would not be able to access these funds.

Just thinking outside the box at the sort of things that could be going on behind the scenes.
New Swansea City stadium on 11:57 - May 18 with 2146 viewsDarran

There's acres behind there mun.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New Swansea City stadium on 12:10 - May 18 with 2107 viewsjackforever

New Swansea City stadium on 09:55 - May 18 by Treforys_Jack

Perhaps the board don't think expansion is needed. Maybe there is no mythical waiting list. Just saying like!

Would explain a lot.
New Swansea City stadium on 12:13 - May 18 with 2097 viewswaynekerr55

New Swansea City stadium on 09:37 - May 18 by ScoobyWho

We live in times of extreme political agendas.

The threat of a new stadium could well move the council to make more of an effort to facilitate a partnership between the club and council. If they thought that Swansea City were to move away to a new venue and then being left with a stadium and a poorly supported rugby club as an albatross round the neck they could well sit up a bit.

Sometimes just the thought of something makes people work a little bit harder.

Have we still got that bell end shouting the odds behind the scenes in the council? The one who started saying we should pay our way when we were promoted?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

New Swansea City stadium on 12:24 - May 18 with 2071 viewsPrivate_Partz

New Swansea City stadium on 11:53 - May 18 by father_jack

cant see why anyone would want a stadium in the middle of nowhere (velindre), near no train station, or facilities.

This is true Father. I never could see the point of out of town stadia. The decline of our City centre was exacerbated by our move to the Liberty IMHO.
If I had my way we would have a new 50k triple tiered glass roof stadium on the old Vetch site.
Compulsory purchase of the surrounding houses and the prison with masses of car parking around the complex. Covered glass walkways from the bus station and the sea front plus a tram system connecting to High Street station and the new Mumbles railway which would also take in the swansea and Clyne valleys.
I guy can dream eh? If this was Cardiff however the plans would have been in place by now with WAG preparing a massive handout........
[Post edited 18 May 2015 12:25]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

New Swansea City stadium on 12:52 - May 18 with 2010 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The previously granted (subject to some transport details) planning application for 4,000 extra seats in the east (phase 1) has been discarded and a new planning application for 6,000 extra seats will be going in soon. Planning consultants have been appointed for this and discussions with the council over transport issues (expansion of park & ride and park & walk and who pays for it) are on going.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

New Swansea City stadium on 12:53 - May 18 with 2005 viewsdgt73

New Swansea City stadium on 10:37 - May 18 by JackSomething

You crack on...

I will

New Swansea City stadium on 12:55 - May 18 with 1998 viewsDr_Winston

New Swansea City stadium on 11:53 - May 18 by father_jack

Exactly. Landore has pubs and buses. Felindre has nothing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New Swansea City stadium on 13:05 - May 18 with 1961 viewslondonlisa2001

New Swansea City stadium on 11:51 - May 18 by JackSomething

Do you know the length of their lease? Or the nature of it?

We're ignoring details like leases on here surely, hence the thread.
New Swansea City stadium on 13:15 - May 18 with 1913 viewstomdickharry

New Swansea City stadium on 12:52 - May 18 by Joe_bradshaw

The previously granted (subject to some transport details) planning application for 4,000 extra seats in the east (phase 1) has been discarded and a new planning application for 6,000 extra seats will be going in soon. Planning consultants have been appointed for this and discussions with the council over transport issues (expansion of park & ride and park & walk and who pays for it) are on going.

This is new news isn't it?
New Swansea City stadium on 13:38 - May 18 with 1879 viewsUxbridge

New Swansea City stadium on 11:13 - May 18 by jackonicko

True enough, although from my perspective expansion is so critical it'd take a big difference from an economic perspective for it to purchase to trump the need to expand.

You're right though, too many unknowns. The club should really hold all the aces if they play it properly ...

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

New Swansea City stadium on 13:49 - May 18 with 1837 viewsScoobyWho

New Swansea City stadium on 10:22 - May 18 by dgt73

You don't drink ....

New Swansea City stadium on 13:51 - May 18 with 1824 viewsScoobyWho

New Swansea City stadium on 12:10 - May 18 by jackforever

Would explain a lot.

Surely there isn't a waiting list, just a bigger demand than ever for tickets.

New Swansea City stadium on 18:40 - May 18 with 1645 viewsTreforys_Jack

New Swansea City stadium on 13:51 - May 18 by ScoobyWho

Surely there isn't a waiting list, just a bigger demand than ever for tickets.

Wouldn't that just encourage even more happy clappers to clap the opposition though
New Swansea City stadium on 19:04 - May 18 with 1587 viewsPacemaker

The land around Fabian Way within the borough of NPT council is all accounted for and the Bay studios are currently flat out and likely to expand further.

The development of land behind Port Talbot train station within the old docks was to be developed for a new campus for Afan college and a joint sports ground for Aberafan RFC and PT Town AFC with the sale of their home grounds for housing projects financing this.

It would appear that deal has fallen through so there is a large brown field site alongside a main railway station and new bus station a short distance from the M4 and Harbour Way distributor road together with access by sea and walking distance to pubs and retail units with a sunny beach only a short stroll away and a cycle route in every direction.

It's a no brainer but don't tell anyone as its a secret.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024