Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? 08:50 - Jan 10 with 13023 viewsPhil_S

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 21:03 - Jan 10 with 3225 viewsSS11

Michu at his best. The best a man can get.

Poll: Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :)

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 22:17 - Jan 10 with 3188 viewsmax936

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 17:43 - Jan 10 by veritas

Absolutely no way.

To be 'great' you have to have been at a club for a significant period of time. Say for instance he had been here 5 seasons and been consistent then he's in the running.

I would put Trundle ahead of Bony in this poll and I wasn't around but I believe Latchford was awesome.

Bony is a top talent and will go on and have a great career. But in the context of the swans he was a 'fantastic player' but not a swans 'great' in my opinion.

I'm sure once again people will disagree with me but that's fine, I happen to believe the term great is for a select few e.g. Curtis

Great post and spot on.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 23:31 - Jan 10 with 3151 viewsTNT

Robbie James.

Much as I like(d) Latchford and Bony, this guy did more for me and very rarely played as a forward.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 23:35 - Jan 10 with 3142 viewsperchrockjack

Latchford scored 30 goals.

For sheer class Ivor still stands alone

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 23:56 - Jan 10 with 3123 viewsshenleymun

We played Michu as a striker, so he was a striker...

Anyway what about Giorgio Chinaglia
Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 00:11 - Jan 11 with 3102 viewsDieLoo

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 23:35 - Jan 10 by perchrockjack

Latchford scored 30 goals.

For sheer class Ivor still stands alone

LAtchford scored a bundle in a relegation season.
Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 01:18 - Jan 11 with 3078 viewsPozuelosSideys

Wilf! Special mentions for Trundle.

Although have to be honest, i was watching the video below and i would have loved to have seen this guy play a bit more, especially with Gylfi in behind him - good pairing for me.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 01:58 - Jan 11 with 3068 viewstruckjack

Thanks for that video, nice memories of a player that we still own but has lost his way both physically and mentally unfortunately. Would love to have that old £30m Michu back.

Greatest ever strikers (not greatest player ever to wear the shirt, thats not the question), in my time following anyway, Bony, Michu, Trunds, Latch, very hard to compare all, different era's and leagues.
Login to get fewer ads

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 08:27 - Jan 11 with 3020 viewssomersetsimon

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 10:15 - Jan 10 by Private_Partz

Spot on Max. Wilf has been brilliant but has played for a relatively short time and his lack of pace / mobility is an issue at times.
It is a No from me but only because the other contenders mentioned already are in the frame as well.

There was a quote from Bill Shankly about Bob Latchford "His speed is deceptive - he's even slower than he looks"
Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 09:39 - Jan 11 with 3007 viewsTownhill_Hilton

The greatest ever Swansea striker greets you outside every game. A certain Ivor Allchurch.with 166 goals (and yes I saw him play).
Don't think Bony will ever have a statue to mark his "greatness".
Best premier league striker, though, easily.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2015 9:49]
Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 10:24 - Jan 11 with 2990 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 17:43 - Jan 10 by veritas

Absolutely no way.

To be 'great' you have to have been at a club for a significant period of time. Say for instance he had been here 5 seasons and been consistent then he's in the running.

I would put Trundle ahead of Bony in this poll and I wasn't around but I believe Latchford was awesome.

Bony is a top talent and will go on and have a great career. But in the context of the swans he was a 'fantastic player' but not a swans 'great' in my opinion.

I'm sure once again people will disagree with me but that's fine, I happen to believe the term great is for a select few e.g. Curtis

I loved Bob Latchford especially for his 20 goals in a relegated team but if a player needs to be at the club for a significant period of time to be in the running he doesn't make the cut at two and a half seasons.

I would agree that to be considered a club great a player needs to have been here for a few seasons but I don't think that was the question really so I think the likes of Bony and Michu can be considered here.

I would say that Bony, Michu and Latchford were comfortably the best three I saw play. I did see the last few games that Ivor Allchurch played but not enough to judge him and we weren't a top division team then. I don't think you can consider players that didn't play at the highest level for us as a potential greatest striker. Club great - yes, but that's a different discussion entirely.

I think it has to be Bony.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 11:13 - Jan 11 with 2971 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

He's left now, so...

...He' sh*t. Was never any good. Played for himself, missed too many chances, not quick enough, only the top scorer in 2014 as all the others were injured, overrated, hates puppies, sh*t dress sense, etc etc...

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 11:16 - Jan 11 with 2963 viewsRancid

And the jumbo thighed goalgetter drove Monks Mrs' Merc into the Marina as well whilst high on redbull and proplus.
Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 13:05 - Jan 11 with 2906 viewsNOTRAC

I know it's a different era and different leagues but Ivor Allchurch's statistics are still worth listing.
Swansea 327 games. 124 goals
Newcastle. 143 games. 46 goals
Cardiff. 103 games. 39 goals
Swansea. 118 games. 40 goals

Wales. 68 games. 23 goals

When one considers that he was 29 when he played in the first division for Newcastle,33 when he played for the first time for Cardiff and finished playing for us when he was almost 40.
Also remember he was an inside forward and probably made as many goals as he scored.
That's why statues are erected.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 20:05 - Jan 11 with 2786 viewsSS11

Jason Scotland 45 goals in 90 games. Wilfried Bony 25 goals in 54 games. Jason Scotland was more prolific over a longer period of games. Read it and weep

Poll: Worst Swansea signing in the last decade? Just for fun :)

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 20:15 - Jan 11 with 2778 viewsStarsky

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 20:05 - Jan 11 by SS11

Jason Scotland 45 goals in 90 games. Wilfried Bony 25 goals in 54 games. Jason Scotland was more prolific over a longer period of games. Read it and weep

In the lower divisions though.
Jason flopped at Wigan

It's just the internet, init.

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 20:46 - Jan 11 with 2765 viewsswancity

Andy Leitch

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 20:47 - Jan 11 with 2765 viewsBobJack

We all define greatest, differently.

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 20:54 - Jan 11 with 2763 viewsDr_Winston

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 20:15 - Jan 11 by Starsky

In the lower divisions though.
Jason flopped at Wigan

Hasn't stopped people bigging up Trundle...

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 21:07 - Jan 11 with 2756 viewsBobJack

We have been blessed with great strikers in recent years, whichever way you look at it.

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 21:48 - Jan 11 with 2732 viewsTrundle10

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 21:07 - Jan 11 by BobJack

We have been blessed with great strikers in recent years, whichever way you look at it.

Miguel for me
Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 21:50 - Jan 11 with 2729 viewsBobJack

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 21:48 - Jan 11 by Trundle10

Miguel for me

I though you would have said Trundle

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 23:02 - Jan 11 with 2702 viewsjack_lord

I think that Bony has been stunning. I also think that Latchford is in the same bracket.
I used to love singing "we'll take more care of you Latchford Latchford" and his hugely successful first season gives him the edge, for me, over Wifried. If we had a second season like the first the Latchford would have bagged many more and was such an instinctive striker and his goals were even more appreciated by me now especially as he was a good few years older than Bony.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 12:21 - Jan 12 with 2540 viewsCatullus

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 08:59 - Jan 10 by Daggyjack

In my era, I'd say Bob Latchford with Wilf a close second.

I'll have to give it to Wilf.

Latchford was immense, a proper centre forward who was quite useful with his feet too. But Bony is stronger, better with both feet and so good defensively too.

Big Bob was outstanding but Bony just shades it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 14:58 - Jan 12 with 2488 viewsBatterseajack

There's little doubt that Wilf is probably the best striker we've ever had, but to be greatest you've have to have done it for a bit longer than just two seasons. Trundle for me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024