Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? 08:50 - Jan 10 with 13022 viewsPhil_S

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 13:11 - Jan 10 with 2378 viewsNeath_Jack

Wilf, no other ex striker get's anywhere near him.

I'd love to have seen how far Leon Knight could have gone if he kept his head, a fantastic talent wasted there.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 13:17 - Jan 10 with 2376 viewsairedale

Latchford was on the wane when he came to us, Wilf is in his prime and a £30 mill jobby, so Wilf for me every day.
Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 13:22 - Jan 10 with 2365 viewsmax936

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 13:17 - Jan 10 by airedale

Latchford was on the wane when he came to us, Wilf is in his prime and a £30 mill jobby, so Wilf for me every day.

On the wane be fuked, imagine what he would have been like if he was on top of his game then, sheesh!!!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 13:44 - Jan 10 with 2342 viewsdickythorpe

How Colin West hasn't been mentioned yet is a disservice!!!
Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 13:51 - Jan 10 with 2332 viewsJackB4stard

James Thomas think should get a mention, god only knows where we'd be now without his hat-trick at Hull. In all seriousness though think Wilf has to be the best striker we've had.
Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 13:53 - Jan 10 with 2332 viewsItchySphincter

I'm not old enough to clearly remember Bob Latchford so the best for, in terms of bringing the most pleasure,

Wilf, by a mile.
Michu (..I know, tin hat in place)
LT10
JS9/DG10

Lots of others who were great, but not good enough for this list.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 14:10 - Jan 10 with 2320 viewsStarsky

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 13:53 - Jan 10 by ItchySphincter

I'm not old enough to clearly remember Bob Latchford so the best for, in terms of bringing the most pleasure,

Wilf, by a mile.
LT10
JS9/DG10

Nothing wrong with Michu being rated so highly mun.

I still have to punch myself to remember he's stillna Swansea City player.

If there was any chance of getting his head sorted and his ankles to last a couple more years then I think we should look at bringing back next season.

It's just the internet, init.

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 14:29 - Jan 10 with 2311 viewsItchySphincter

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 14:10 - Jan 10 by Starsky

Nothing wrong with Michu being rated so highly mun.

I still have to punch myself to remember he's stillna Swansea City player.

If there was any chance of getting his head sorted and his ankles to last a couple more years then I think we should look at bringing back next season.

I was waiting for the inevitable "but Michu's not a striker" line to be trotted out.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 14:39 - Jan 10 with 2306 views_

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 08:59 - Jan 10 by Daggyjack

In my era, I'd say Bob Latchford with Wilf a close second.

No offence and Latch was superb but are you being serious???

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 14:58 - Jan 10 with 2295 viewsllareggub

latchford by a country mile for me ...........
Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 15:29 - Jan 10 with 2280 viewsRancid

World class Wilfried Bony or Bob Latchford? I'm sorry but the 2 are on a different platform.Wilf is the best individual player we have ever had at Swansea in my lifetime.Watch his goals for us on Youtube, there's a new one on there uploaded by Man City fans and the different types of goals he scores is something else.He scores against the best teams in the league regularly as well.Trundle was better than Latchford.
Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 17:43 - Jan 10 with 2220 viewsveritas

Absolutely no way.

To be 'great' you have to have been at a club for a significant period of time. Say for instance he had been here 5 seasons and been consistent then he's in the running.

I would put Trundle ahead of Bony in this poll and I wasn't around but I believe Latchford was awesome.

Bony is a top talent and will go on and have a great career. But in the context of the swans he was a 'fantastic player' but not a swans 'great' in my opinion.

I'm sure once again people will disagree with me but that's fine, I happen to believe the term great is for a select few e.g. Curtis
Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 17:46 - Jan 10 with 2215 viewsStarsky

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 17:43 - Jan 10 by veritas

Absolutely no way.

To be 'great' you have to have been at a club for a significant period of time. Say for instance he had been here 5 seasons and been consistent then he's in the running.

I would put Trundle ahead of Bony in this poll and I wasn't around but I believe Latchford was awesome.

Bony is a top talent and will go on and have a great career. But in the context of the swans he was a 'fantastic player' but not a swans 'great' in my opinion.

I'm sure once again people will disagree with me but that's fine, I happen to believe the term great is for a select few e.g. Curtis

Whatever happens he'll be our most profitable great player

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 18:06 - Jan 10 with 2195 viewsDaggyjack

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 14:39 - Jan 10 by _

No offence and Latch was superb but are you being serious???

None taken and obviously yes?!

As has been mentioned, Latchford was coming to the end of his career at the top level when signing for the Swans but to sign someone of his pedigree for our first season in the First Division gave the club a tremendous buzz and the fans a lift.

Whilst his record of 35 in 87 is not as good as Wilf's, his presence and goals were key to us in that first season.
Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 18:10 - Jan 10 with 2190 viewsStarsky

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 18:06 - Jan 10 by Daggyjack

None taken and obviously yes?!

As has been mentioned, Latchford was coming to the end of his career at the top level when signing for the Swans but to sign someone of his pedigree for our first season in the First Division gave the club a tremendous buzz and the fans a lift.

Whilst his record of 35 in 87 is not as good as Wilf's, his presence and goals were key to us in that first season.

He did well in the 2nd season too when we went down.
He was on the verge of an England recall too.
Certainly our most clinical finisher

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 18:15 - Jan 10 with 2153 viewslondonlisa2001

The word 'striker' makes it difficult.

Forward or attacking player in my lifetime - Curtis by a mile but he wasn't a striker as such.

Anyone of my Dad's generation would tell you that Wilf wasn't in the same class as Ivor as a forward.

The comparison with Latchford is fair if we're talking 'striker' rather than forward - not sure to be honest. Wilf is stronger but also gets a lot of chances (we seem to create a lot for the 'point' player because of the way we play - Wilf and before that Michu). Latchford was incredible though as well but the game was different then, so it'd very hard to compare them.
Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 18:21 - Jan 10 with 2143 viewsNeath_Jack

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 13:53 - Jan 10 by ItchySphincter

Wilf, by a mile.
LT10
JS9/DG10

Hang on you've just moved the goalposts there mun. Giving the most pleasure? Well for me, that has to be Trundle, having been in the doldrums for so long, then along comes this header who's doing all sorts on the pitch as well as banging them in, so for this scenario only, Trundle all day long.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 18:38 - Jan 10 with 2130 viewsC_jack

Pound for pound, he's the man.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 19:03 - Jan 10 with 2115 viewsGowerjack

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 15:29 - Jan 10 by Rancid

World class Wilfried Bony or Bob Latchford? I'm sorry but the 2 are on a different platform.Wilf is the best individual player we have ever had at Swansea in my lifetime.Watch his goals for us on Youtube, there's a new one on there uploaded by Man City fans and the different types of goals he scores is something else.He scores against the best teams in the league regularly as well.Trundle was better than Latchford.

Eh?

A one legged,one speed fat scouser better than Bob Latchford ?

Feck me.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 19:08 - Jan 10 with 2105 viewsveritas

The problem with a poll like this is that you're not looking at the context of the time.

As someone else mentioned Lee Trundle was instrumental in turning this club around, he got people through the gates - he was an icon of the club.

Yes he was not of the same league as Bony but for me he is far more of great because of what he did for the club. Bony is an exceptional talent but he is here today, gone tomorrow not an icon imo.

I suppose it depends on how you look at it and how long you've been supporting the club.
Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 19:10 - Jan 10 with 2100 viewsNeath_Jack

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 19:03 - Jan 10 by Gowerjack

Eh?

Feck me.

Oh dear.

I forgot, it's "cool" to knock Trundle and what he done for us these days innit, Mr Guitar Hero.

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 19:20 - Jan 10 with 2086 viewsbargoedjack

I voted "Yes" since he has been the best I've ever seen pull on a Swans shirt - and I remember Latchford ...

Now if we were to count players who had pulled on a Swans shirt and gone onto other things, I'd have gone for John Charles, since he was our apprentice briefly, back in the day ... he's gone into legend as a "Great" - Wilf is still making his mark as a player ...
Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 19:33 - Jan 10 with 2079 viewsRancid

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 19:03 - Jan 10 by Gowerjack

Eh?

Feck me.

Messi, Maradona, Robben, Bale were and are 'one legged', as well.

Seriously, though, I think a prime Lee Trundle was a better striker than Bob Latchford at the Swans and just like Leon, Monk, Ash, Rangel, Tate, would have stepped up to the Premier League (with us) and held his own and succeeded.Trundle in the 70's and 80's would have been like a member of my first sentence.

I saw Latchford play for us and he was great and a real coup at the time but Trundle gave us all hope and just at the right time and seeing him parading his stuff down the Vetch when we'd had years of misery was so special.He put us back on the football map in this country and for a long time.Latch had played for England 2 years before joining us and was 30 arriving and despite scoring regularly for us a good few of his goals were at division 2 (at the time) and then division 3 when we were on the slide.I loved Latch but not in a Robbie James, Alan Curtis, Trundle......you know the rest, kinda way.

Bony is out there by a country mile as our best ever in my eyes.
Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 19:45 - Jan 10 with 2067 viewsGowerjack

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 19:33 - Jan 10 by Rancid

Messi, Maradona, Robben, Bale were and are 'one legged', as well.

Seriously, though, I think a prime Lee Trundle was a better striker than Bob Latchford at the Swans and just like Leon, Monk, Ash, Rangel, Tate, would have stepped up to the Premier League (with us) and held his own and succeeded.Trundle in the 70's and 80's would have been like a member of my first sentence.

I saw Latchford play for us and he was great and a real coup at the time but Trundle gave us all hope and just at the right time and seeing him parading his stuff down the Vetch when we'd had years of misery was so special.He put us back on the football map in this country and for a long time.Latch had played for England 2 years before joining us and was 30 arriving and despite scoring regularly for us a good few of his goals were at division 2 (at the time) and then division 3 when we were on the slide.I loved Latch but not in a Robbie James, Alan Curtis, Trundle......you know the rest, kinda way.

Bony is out there by a country mile as our best ever in my eyes.

Good post!

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Would you class Wilfried Bony as our greatest ever striker? on 20:50 - Jan 10 with 2027 viewscontroversial_jack

Latchford only needed one opportunity to score, whereas Wilf needed 3 or 4 to score
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024