Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Stadium 12:09 - Apr 26 with 23071 viewsAntti_Heinola

Positive stuff. Like the sound of the plan.
Won't happen for 30 years, probs.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/linford-christie-stadium-qpr-formally-call-f

Bare bones.

New Stadium on 23:44 - Apr 27 with 2600 viewsBoston

New Stadium on 23:18 - Apr 27 by CliveWilsonSaid

Interestingly when they show you a picture of the King Power Stadium, Leicester. I seem to be getting a picture of Filbert Street.

Well Clive, I'd suggest adult beverages had been an integral part of your Saturday evening.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2019 23:45]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

New Stadium on 23:52 - Apr 27 with 2565 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

New Stadium on 23:44 - Apr 27 by Boston

Well Clive, I'd suggest adult beverages had been an integral part of your Saturday evening.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2019 23:45]

Ha!

Well anyway out of that lot I decided my top 3 were:
1. MSV Duisberg

2. Stade de la Meinau - Strasbourg

3. DKB arena - Rostock.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2019 0:51]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

New Stadium on 04:33 - Apr 28 with 2453 viewsSydneyRs

New Stadium on 13:49 - Apr 26 by Northernr

If we're talking about stadium design again, the Bankwest Stadium that just opened in Sydney for Western Sydney Wanderers and Parramatta Eels looks pretty good.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/parramatta-set-for-crowd-record-as-30000-flock

I've been inside and its tremendous. They will be removing some of the seating to allow safe standing for Wanderers games next season too.
New Stadium on 05:56 - Apr 28 with 2429 viewsKiwi76

Sydney - didn’t that new stadium cost something like $350m?
Think it does have the steep stands though?
New Stadium on 08:06 - Apr 28 with 2332 viewsSydneyRs

New Stadium on 05:56 - Apr 28 by Kiwi76

Sydney - didn’t that new stadium cost something like $350m?
Think it does have the steep stands though?

Not sure of the cost but it was govt funded. Upper tiers are really steep and I can see a few issues with people who've had a few beers going down the stairs.
New Stadium on 14:24 - Apr 28 with 2173 viewsBushRanger82

I honestly don't get this '30,000 new stadium' baloney.

I mean, there's more than 15,000 people not wanting to watch us win fark all, and bum around the leagues regularly, at Loftus Rd, but would lap it up because we're winning fark all, and bumming around the leagues regularly, because we'd be in a new stadium????
I don't buy it. Not for a nano second.
New Stadium on 14:31 - Apr 28 with 2158 viewsGloucs_R

Can we just have a permanent post which explains FFP are how clubs make money....??

Poll: Are we staying up?

New Stadium on 14:34 - Apr 28 with 2149 viewsQPR_John

New Stadium on 14:24 - Apr 28 by BushRanger82

I mean, there's more than 15,000 people not wanting to watch us win fark all, and bum around the leagues regularly, at Loftus Rd, but would lap it up because we're winning fark all, and bumming around the leagues regularly, because we'd be in a new stadium????

We are winning fark all as you put it because the owners cannot under FFP fund better players. So we need to increase our income which we cannot do while at LR. We may not get the crowd with a new stadium and it is a gamble what is not is the fact staying at LR leaves us as a league one side with at best the odd season in the Championship
Login to get fewer ads

New Stadium on 16:40 - Apr 28 with 2049 viewsblacky2013

New Stadium on 14:24 - Apr 28 by BushRanger82

You have to speculate to accumulate. At the moment it is too big for us but the owners want us to be a premier league team. If we can get there and stay there then I don't think 30,000 is an unreasonable figure to aim for. As a club we need to attract new supporters as none of us are getting younger lol. Plus it is a good size to host concerts etc. which will increase our ability to survive and flourish in the PL. The only thing that concerns me is the freehold/leasehold issue. As someone has already said owning the ground and land has been a big plus for us recently and a big reason we have survived the hard times.
New Stadium on 23:07 - Apr 28 with 1798 viewsHoopsie

Need a stadium to be a home and not a stadium for the sake of a stadium. Museum idea is great. Stadium design need tow tie in with the immediate surrounding, the site, so community link is crucial and the stadium architecture should reflect this. Seems like it’s going to be a every day stadium so it’s link to the site and residents is very important. Has the club look into this? The pretty picture of the old oak stadium propaganda didn’t cut it. You don’t want just any stadium that can be air lifted and just plonked into the site

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

New Stadium on 07:45 - Apr 29 with 1652 viewstraininvain

The new Spurs stadium is fantastic. They’ve really pulled out all the stops without compromising too much on the atmosphere etc. The main stand generates some serious noise.

But I’m told it cost them £1bn so I suppose it’s to be expected.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024