Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Stadium 12:09 - Apr 26 with 23070 viewsAntti_Heinola

Positive stuff. Like the sound of the plan.
Won't happen for 30 years, probs.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/linford-christie-stadium-qpr-formally-call-f

Bare bones.

New Stadium on 15:10 - Apr 26 with 3000 viewsMick_S

New Stadium on 15:04 - Apr 26 by Maggsinho

Bernie Ecclestone's cushion.

Mary Stavin's Ellerslie Road seat.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

New Stadium on 15:13 - Apr 26 with 2987 viewsWrightUp5hit___

A fire alarm sounder from the Celtic Manor

A selection of paperwork from down the back of Paladinis filing cabinet

A bottle of Bernie branded mineral water.

Random betting slips found in 'arrys Portakabin

Bottle of Chateau Laffite left in Jim Smiths desk

Ian Taylor 100 volume work "Stories I Can Never Tell

Al Fayed's Golden toilet seat
[Post edited 26 Apr 2019 15:46]
New Stadium on 15:14 - Apr 26 with 2984 viewsLowerloftLad

if we ever moved whats the chances of having a new cookies pie and mash near by ???

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

New Stadium on 15:37 - Apr 26 with 2930 viewsWrightUp5hit___

New Stadium on 15:10 - Apr 26 by Mick_S

Mary Stavin's Ellerslie Road seat.

I'll go for the Debbie Harry one

New Stadium on 15:53 - Apr 26 with 2865 viewsMick_S

New Stadium on 15:37 - Apr 26 by WrightUp5hit___

I'll go for the Debbie Harry one

Blimus!!!

I've just worked that out. She got a season ticket? Doesn't look too happy.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

New Stadium on 16:18 - Apr 26 with 2763 viewsJacksDad

New Stadium on 15:53 - Apr 26 by Mick_S

Blimus!!!

I've just worked that out. She got a season ticket? Doesn't look too happy.

coff Kate Moss in a QPR shirt coff Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?
New Stadium on 16:20 - Apr 26 with 2747 viewsSimonJames

SWP's unused football boots.

100% of people who drink water will die.

New Stadium on 16:25 - Apr 26 with 2724 viewsrsonist

Sod a museum, as Spurs bottled it surely we ought to be the rightful heirs of the Cheese Room?
Login to get fewer ads

New Stadium on 16:27 - Apr 26 with 2715 viewsstowmarketrange

New Stadium on 13:49 - Apr 26 by Northernr

If we're talking about stadium design again, the Bankwest Stadium that just opened in Sydney for Western Sydney Wanderers and Parramatta Eels looks pretty good.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/parramatta-set-for-crowd-record-as-30000-flock

We’d need to have the same rugby posts in our new ground because most of our shots fly way over the bar now.
New Stadium on 16:31 - Apr 26 with 2699 viewsdannyblue

(sorry, no jokes!)

I'm hopeful that other more fruitful conversations are occurring outside of these documents, but as someone who's done a fair bit of proposing in my time I'm not too impressed by QPR's Response. A couple of the most important things are to write about what your audience wants rather than what you want, and to explicitly respond to their major requirements.

The first six paragraphs of the the QPR document are about what's good for QPR! If I was H&F or on the Wormwood Scrubs Charitable Trust Committee I'd immediately think 'so what, you presumptuous upstarts. Not my problem'. When that's then compounded by a threat (in QPR's future in H&F section), I'd be further disinclined to view the response favourably.

They specifically say they want it to be environmentally sensitive, to meet the requirement of the Wormwood Scrubs Act (which includes rights for the MOD). They mention the car parking fees contribute to paying for the upkeep of the scrubs. They also mention that the impact on local transport infrastructure is important. It is also clear that they need to remove the cost of maintaining the stadium and pitches from the council budget. In the more detailed document they also specify further objectives including an athletics track and field, accessible to the public, no disturbance for Hammersmith Hospital, potential for long term income, and sustainable financial position for the Wormwood Scrubs Charitable Trust.

All of these need to be explicitly addressed by QPR somewhere to give them a chance of success, and going by this document, they haven't been.

As I say, I'm hopeful there are much more detailed and nuanced discussions going on, and there need to be, but on the evidence of these documents alone there's some disconnect.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2019 16:40]
New Stadium on 16:52 - Apr 26 with 2616 viewsessextaxiboy

I have always thought Porto,s stadium design would be perfect for us .

[Post edited 26 Apr 2019 19:56]
New Stadium on 16:54 - Apr 26 with 2609 viewsDean

No one appears to be remotely concerned that we haven't needed a 30,000 stadium since about 1976. Even during our period in the top flight from the 80's to the mid 90's we very rarely sold out our 20,000 odd stadium unless Utd or Liverpool were in town. Apart from the Oldham & Wigan Play offs and Arsenal Fa Cup 0-6 battering I don't recall ever struggling to get a ticket for a home game. I think its a tad optimistic to assume that if we build a 30,000 lovely stadium with ample leg room that all of a sudden 15,000 more people are going to decide to come and watch us and the durge we are currently serving up. The constant mentions of non match day revenue point to the club wanting to host boxing and concerts on those days which is fine, but we did that at Loftus Road in the 80's successfully, Millwall were made similar promises when their board forced them to move from the Old Den and now have a stadium half full every week and no such boxing or music gigs taking place.

I'm all for expansion if it is necessary - Arsenal having 20,000 people they couldn't grant season tickets at 38,000 Highbury, but I don't see where our need for 30,000 comes from, surely a 22,000 with room to expand to 30,000 would be more sensible?. We struggled with our squad this season, are losing half that squad which struggled (including the possibility of losing Freeman)have no other transfer funds available and are relying on the kids next season, by the time this stadium comes around we could easily be in League one in a beautiful new empty stadium like Darlington's.

If being in the top division from 1983 to 1996 wasn't enough to fill our stadium I don't see how or why the board are so desperate/ naive to think we are going to fill one which is bigger.
New Stadium on 17:05 - Apr 26 with 2581 viewspeejaybee

Its all about Ambition.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

New Stadium on 17:12 - Apr 26 with 2560 viewsAntti_Heinola

New Stadium on 16:54 - Apr 26 by Dean

No one appears to be remotely concerned that we haven't needed a 30,000 stadium since about 1976. Even during our period in the top flight from the 80's to the mid 90's we very rarely sold out our 20,000 odd stadium unless Utd or Liverpool were in town. Apart from the Oldham & Wigan Play offs and Arsenal Fa Cup 0-6 battering I don't recall ever struggling to get a ticket for a home game. I think its a tad optimistic to assume that if we build a 30,000 lovely stadium with ample leg room that all of a sudden 15,000 more people are going to decide to come and watch us and the durge we are currently serving up. The constant mentions of non match day revenue point to the club wanting to host boxing and concerts on those days which is fine, but we did that at Loftus Road in the 80's successfully, Millwall were made similar promises when their board forced them to move from the Old Den and now have a stadium half full every week and no such boxing or music gigs taking place.

I'm all for expansion if it is necessary - Arsenal having 20,000 people they couldn't grant season tickets at 38,000 Highbury, but I don't see where our need for 30,000 comes from, surely a 22,000 with room to expand to 30,000 would be more sensible?. We struggled with our squad this season, are losing half that squad which struggled (including the possibility of losing Freeman)have no other transfer funds available and are relying on the kids next season, by the time this stadium comes around we could easily be in League one in a beautiful new empty stadium like Darlington's.

If being in the top division from 1983 to 1996 wasn't enough to fill our stadium I don't see how or why the board are so desperate/ naive to think we are going to fill one which is bigger.

may as well not move if you're expanding by 4000 seats. 30,000 is sensible. You can't wait until you're selling out before deciding to expand, nor do we need to be selling out every week - who does outside the prem?
As the poster above says, it's about ambition. Southampton got tiny crowds at the Den, but fill St Mary's. Brighton another example.
Total waste of time and money to do 22,000 then in 5 years decide to add 8,000.

Bare bones.

New Stadium on 17:12 - Apr 26 with 2561 viewsJuzzie

New Stadium on 16:54 - Apr 26 by Dean

Crowds in the top two divisions are vastly up compared to the 80's and 90's. There are many reasons for this but I think a decent stadium is one of them.

Expanding an existing stadium costs extra money. Have it at 30k in the first place, 25k seems a tad low. Maybe do what MK did and just don't open a tier/section until it's needed.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2019 17:13]
New Stadium on 17:28 - Apr 26 with 2512 viewsMatch82

New Stadium on 17:12 - Apr 26 by Juzzie

Crowds in the top two divisions are vastly up compared to the 80's and 90's. There are many reasons for this but I think a decent stadium is one of them.

Expanding an existing stadium costs extra money. Have it at 30k in the first place, 25k seems a tad low. Maybe do what MK did and just don't open a tier/section until it's needed.

Yeah I remember seeing somewhere that you could put sound reflecting covers on top say 15 rows or whatever was needed. Maybe that's what the poster was referring to in terms of being expandable.
New Stadium on 17:36 - Apr 26 with 2486 viewsqprewan

I am quietly encouraged by this. It's a good sign that the club have started to talk about this in a conciliatory way rather than the 'Car Giant 'approach. I think 30,000 is about right in terms of giving us a reasonable chance to grow our support . I think with competitive pricing this could work. Also before this is achieved we could possibly offer away clubs bigger allocations than is standard a bit like Blackburn do sometimes.
I particularly like the fact that they are talking about steep banks and a design that hold the noise well. It will be interesting to see how the council respond.
New Stadium on 17:51 - Apr 26 with 2455 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Be like Juve, top tier never opened until all other tickets sold.

They don't seem to have issues with that.
New Stadium on 18:44 - Apr 26 with 2328 viewsderbyhoop

New Stadium on 16:31 - Apr 26 by dannyblue

(sorry, no jokes!)

I'm hopeful that other more fruitful conversations are occurring outside of these documents, but as someone who's done a fair bit of proposing in my time I'm not too impressed by QPR's Response. A couple of the most important things are to write about what your audience wants rather than what you want, and to explicitly respond to their major requirements.

The first six paragraphs of the the QPR document are about what's good for QPR! If I was H&F or on the Wormwood Scrubs Charitable Trust Committee I'd immediately think 'so what, you presumptuous upstarts. Not my problem'. When that's then compounded by a threat (in QPR's future in H&F section), I'd be further disinclined to view the response favourably.

They specifically say they want it to be environmentally sensitive, to meet the requirement of the Wormwood Scrubs Act (which includes rights for the MOD). They mention the car parking fees contribute to paying for the upkeep of the scrubs. They also mention that the impact on local transport infrastructure is important. It is also clear that they need to remove the cost of maintaining the stadium and pitches from the council budget. In the more detailed document they also specify further objectives including an athletics track and field, accessible to the public, no disturbance for Hammersmith Hospital, potential for long term income, and sustainable financial position for the Wormwood Scrubs Charitable Trust.

All of these need to be explicitly addressed by QPR somewhere to give them a chance of success, and going by this document, they haven't been.

As I say, I'm hopeful there are much more detailed and nuanced discussions going on, and there need to be, but on the evidence of these documents alone there's some disconnect.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2019 16:40]

You would hope that QPR's approach is a lot more sophisticated behind the scenes. As you say, what do the other side want is a vital strand to any negotiation.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

New Stadium on 19:03 - Apr 26 with 2290 viewsLazyFan

New Stadium on 17:12 - Apr 26 by Juzzie

We had 40K plus for Wembley.

I seem to remember that Reading had rubbish gates, got a new stadium and over time the gates went up beyond the size of their previous ground. And that is Reading!

A London club that has cheaper than prem tickets and you can actually get into on the day without paying a tout a new mortgage would be attractive to people if the stadium experience and football were decent.

Both big ifs, but one of them we can control the other we need to get lucky with.

I would go for 40K myself and open it up as we progress through the Champions League of course :P

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

New Stadium on 20:52 - Apr 26 with 2147 viewshubble

Talking of where the new stadium could be, I wonder why the site behind Sainsbury's at the top of Ladbroke Grove has never been considered. Overlooking the Grand Union canal, would be a great location and only a stone's throw from where the club was formed.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

New Stadium on 21:13 - Apr 26 with 2096 viewsbosh67

I like the idea of the safe standing which will allow us all to get out a bit quicker if we're playing sh*t.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

New Stadium on 21:42 - Apr 26 with 2056 viewsJuzzie

New Stadium on 20:52 - Apr 26 by hubble

Talking of where the new stadium could be, I wonder why the site behind Sainsbury's at the top of Ladbroke Grove has never been considered. Overlooking the Grand Union canal, would be a great location and only a stone's throw from where the club was formed.

Chelsea were looking at that site, fking cheeky cnts.
New Stadium on 21:54 - Apr 26 with 2025 viewsdannyblue

Good shout. Gas holders are obsolete. Might be expensive to clean up. Could even build a little station on the mainline.

In fact, googling around, Kensington Gasworks is a Strategic Development Site. There is a campaign to build a crossrail station there. It's in RBKC rather than H&F. Land is owned by Ballymore and National Grid. Might not need to encroach on the Sainsbury's land.

Also, I read, land at the eastern end of North Pole Depot (to the south of the railway, north of Barlby road) is no longer required for railway use and can be released for development. It is owned by the Department for Transport. Might be room to squeeze something in there.
New Stadium on 23:39 - Apr 26 with 1903 viewswombat

To small crap access for emergency services , think you need two separate access roads in now

Poll: which is your favouite foot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024