Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How familiar 16:57 - Aug 17 with 2050 viewssaint22

Goalkeeping error gifts opposition a goal
Load of possession
Lots of shots few on target and can’t convert easy chances
Crap subs at the wrong time
How familiar on 17:02 - Aug 17 with 1833 viewsPatfromPoole

All fart, no shit.

Never looked like scoring.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

How familiar on 17:05 - Aug 17 with 1809 viewsJoeEgg

spot on - 78% for Saints - so did we win? 11 players against 10 for much of the match - so did we win? 19 shots to their 3 - we must have won? We should be commenting on a really promising first performance of the new season. Instead its time once again to repeat that we need a goalkeeper and a 'Danny Ings' type finisher!! I'm not angry at the overall performance - and I'm sure Russell will tell us they were all 'brilliant' - I'm just mad that after all this time once again we've" fallen short in the same areas!
How familiar on 17:05 - Aug 17 with 1808 viewskingslandstand1

How familiar on 17:02 - Aug 17 by PatfromPoole

All fart, no shit.

As was said on tv
How familiar on 17:08 - Aug 17 with 1773 viewssaint22

How familiar on 17:05 - Aug 17 by kingslandstand1

As was said on tv

700 passes To their 200 but only 1 pass counted didn’t it!
Martins stubbornness will cost him in the long run you have to adapt in any league but today shows that and failing to buy a keeper underlines his shortcomings
[Post edited 17 Aug 17:08]
How familiar on 17:17 - Aug 17 with 1699 viewsSouthamptonfan

Yes very familiar. The Pl is sh!t. All the top teams win and the promoted teams lose. All 3 promoted teams went down last season and now they are winning 5 nil in the championship again (i.e Burnley). Whatever way you look at it, the PL teams are just too good and because of ffp, we can't do anything about it.

Poll: Who are you voting for?

How familiar on 17:18 - Aug 17 with 1686 viewsPatfromPoole

How familiar on 17:08 - Aug 17 by saint22

700 passes To their 200 but only 1 pass counted didn’t it!
Martins stubbornness will cost him in the long run you have to adapt in any league but today shows that and failing to buy a keeper underlines his shortcomings
[Post edited 17 Aug 17:08]

I was more concerned by the attacking side of our game.

Howe was far too streetwise. Showed how good a manager he is.

He knew that if they just condensed their defence and midfield in the middle we wouldn’t have the first idea how to get through them.

Think I would have been less concerned if we had lost 4-0 against 11 men.

We had it on a plate for us today and threw 3 points away.

How familiar on 17:38 - Aug 17 with 1600 viewssaint22

How familiar on 17:18 - Aug 17 by PatfromPoole

He knew that if they just condensed their defence and midfield in the middle we wouldn’t have the first idea how to get through them.

Also why does RM seem to insist on player his strikers as wingers? Not working is it
How familiar on 17:46 - Aug 17 with 1575 viewsSouthamptonfan

How familiar on 17:38 - Aug 17 by saint22

Also why does RM seem to insist on player his strikers as wingers? Not working is it

It didn't work for Ralph
It didn't work for Jones
It didn't work for Selles
It didn't work for Pellegrino
It didn't work for the current Bayern Munich manager Vincent Company.

The PL just doesn't work unless you 500 million to spend.
[Post edited 17 Aug 17:51]

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Login to get fewer ads

How familiar on 20:12 - Aug 17 with 1412 viewskingslandstand1

It's going to be a long hard season unless dramatic changes are made (or convincing a decent keeper and CF to come in) in the next 2 weeks

As has been said (as well as most of last season), we are just so predictable and teams know how to stop us and we (RM) just cannot work out how to break a defence down. Ok, we got promoted playing his particular way, but this season we are playing teams a damn sight better than what we were against last season including world class managers
How familiar on 21:06 - Aug 17 with 1356 viewsBerber

How familiar on 17:02 - Aug 17 by PatfromPoole

All fart, no shit.

I haven’t seen the game yet, but that sums up exactly what I was expecting to see. Even the same 4 words. It comes as no surprise. teams will soon Seuss that they can let us keep the ball, because we aren’t going to score. Then a quick break and our defense will be laid bare. Where have we seen that befor?

Poll: How many wins this season sweepstake

How familiar on 21:32 - Aug 17 with 1306 viewsChesham_Saint

Right now I can’t quite decide who the biggest tvvat is: McCarthy for stealing a living as a top flight keeper, or Rylan for being such a narcissist arrogant git…

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

How familiar on 21:43 - Aug 17 with 1283 viewssaint22

How familiar on 21:32 - Aug 17 by Chesham_Saint

Right now I can’t quite decide who the biggest tvvat is: McCarthy for stealing a living as a top flight keeper, or Rylan for being such a narcissist arrogant git…

I see we are linked with a midfielder
Fine BUT where is the keeper we need!
How familiar on 00:02 - Aug 18 with 1144 viewssaintpaz

How familiar on 21:43 - Aug 17 by saint22

I see we are linked with a midfielder
Fine BUT where is the keeper we need!

let's not address the elephant in the room saga lol! what's Antti Niemi up to these days?
How familiar on 00:07 - Aug 18 with 1133 viewscocklebreath

How familiar on 17:18 - Aug 17 by PatfromPoole

Pessimistic pat is back, if Saints were England today he’d be banging on about a great performance. You have a problem with Lego head and have strong feelings for Gareth I get it but you’re a saints fan so get behind Russ.
First game back we dominated a top half team and conceded a stupid goal because we have a gumbo in goal.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

How familiar on 01:00 - Aug 18 with 1114 viewsPatfromPoole

How familiar on 00:07 - Aug 18 by cocklebreath

Pessimistic pat is back, if Saints were England today he’d be banging on about a great performance. You have a problem with Lego head and have strong feelings for Gareth I get it but you’re a saints fan so get behind Russ.
First game back we dominated a top half team and conceded a stupid goal because we have a gumbo in goal.

On the odd occasion, you post something vaguely sensible.

But you have reverted to type tonight, sir.

Newcastle will finish midtable at best.

We only “dominated” them because they had 10 men; we did absolutely nothing with the extra man.

How familiar on 07:36 - Aug 18 with 907 viewscocklebreath

How familiar on 01:00 - Aug 18 by PatfromPoole

On the odd occasion, you post something vaguely sensible.

But you have reverted to type tonight, sir.

Newcastle will finish midtable at best.

We only “dominated” them because they had 10 men; we did absolutely nothing with the extra man.

Im not sure what you are expecting this season but after watching MOTD this morning I still think we played well even before the sending off we were on top and after it was defence v attack. Newcastle will finish top half

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

How familiar on 08:01 - Aug 18 with 840 viewssaintwizzler

This season is all about staying up.
To do so we must pick up points against teams around us.
Especially at home.
Starting next Saturday.

Hopefully Mara, Onuachu, Bella-Kotchap, Alcaraz will be out the door and with the funds we get in a capable keeper who can play the way Russell Martin wants to play.
We all knew McCarthy trying to pass it out the area was going to end in tears.
And yesterday it did.

I’m also not convinced on the signing of Cameron Archer. I hope he proves me wrong.
BBD was an astute buy. Played very well yesterday. Great shithousery too. 👏

37 games to go, 40 points required.

WE MARCH ON

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

How familiar on 08:09 - Aug 18 with 838 viewsgrumpy

We were looking good up until the sending off,to me that was a bad decision and it gelled the Newcastle crowd who were quiet by their standards up until then,.Diaz appeared affected by that.Then came the howler by Mc Carthy just before half time.Our ineffective attack just couldn't score not even against 10 men after that.
Its obvious what we need,hopefully we can address it soon or we will struggle that's for sure.
How familiar on 08:14 - Aug 18 with 812 viewsButty101

How familiar on 08:01 - Aug 18 by saintwizzler

This season is all about staying up.
To do so we must pick up points against teams around us.
Especially at home.
Starting next Saturday.

Hopefully Mara, Onuachu, Bella-Kotchap, Alcaraz will be out the door and with the funds we get in a capable keeper who can play the way Russell Martin wants to play.
We all knew McCarthy trying to pass it out the area was going to end in tears.
And yesterday it did.

I’m also not convinced on the signing of Cameron Archer. I hope he proves me wrong.
BBD was an astute buy. Played very well yesterday. Great shithousery too. 👏

37 games to go, 40 points required.

WE MARCH ON

Well said Whizzer.

Yesterday showed we can compete and have a good team spirit.

I wish we wouldn’t waste 15 mill on a couple punt’s. Buy one decent player ffs. The midfielder we are being linked with now, has played 10 games ffs . How’s that going to help!

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

How familiar on 10:15 - Aug 18 with 722 viewsareasix

I see the makings of a competitive team with a couple of pieces of the jigsaw to be added. A keeper is on its way , Chelsea have 6 in their squad and Arsenal have one very costly one that wants to move but I am told we will have a keeper that can actually pass out successfully 99% of the time SOON.

Personally I think we have a squad which can survive but as supporters we need to keep believing not getting on the players backs after two to three games as that won’t do anybody any good.
How familiar on 10:47 - Aug 18 with 658 viewsButty101

How familiar on 10:15 - Aug 18 by areasix

I see the makings of a competitive team with a couple of pieces of the jigsaw to be added. A keeper is on its way , Chelsea have 6 in their squad and Arsenal have one very costly one that wants to move but I am told we will have a keeper that can actually pass out successfully 99% of the time SOON.

Personally I think we have a squad which can survive but as supporters we need to keep believing not getting on the players backs after two to three games as that won’t do anybody any good.

We cant loan again from Chelsea so would have to be a purchase.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

How familiar on 10:50 - Aug 18 with 637 viewsGRIM

We'll be lucky to find a keeper that is comfortable on the ball & playing out from the back. If you find one he probably won't be any good at keeping the ball out of the net (eg. Bazuna).
Expecting keepers to play out from the back is a high risk strategy & even the best keepers get it wrong.
It's something that's been introduced to the game that is not natural for keepers or defenders.
Virtually every game I watch there are mistakes being made trying to play out from the back.
McCarthy ain't a bad goalie he's just not very good with the ball at his feet if he was he'd probably be a ctr back.
If RM continues to play this ridiculous playing out from the back it won't matter who's between the sticks it'll get us relegated.
Those 3 points dropped at Newcastle could be the difference between staying up & going down at end of season.
How familiar on 11:30 - Aug 18 with 584 viewsMytchettSaint

Agree with this, in the sober light of the morning after and watching the highlights there was plenty of positives.
It’s frustrating that for what seems like the umpteenth season we are talking about a keeper. For me McCarthy coming in last season when Bazunu got injured was a turning point in us getting promoted. The frustration that we (fans) knew McCarthy wasn’t good enough with his feet when Ralph had him as number one is bewildering that we are asking him to take these risks to our detriment. In a league where every point is going to count I worry about the one that got away yesterday.

Let’s hope this week sees us finally addressing the GK situation one way or another. Either by buying someone that can play the way RM wants and can stop shots or the instruction to McCarthy is to go long and perhaps play over the press and force teams to think about that.

I’m actually looking forward to next Saturday. Been a while I said that about a premier league game!

Forza Rossobianco

How familiar on 12:31 - Aug 18 with 525 viewsCity_boy

How familiar on 10:50 - Aug 18 by GRIM

We'll be lucky to find a keeper that is comfortable on the ball & playing out from the back. If you find one he probably won't be any good at keeping the ball out of the net (eg. Bazuna).
Expecting keepers to play out from the back is a high risk strategy & even the best keepers get it wrong.
It's something that's been introduced to the game that is not natural for keepers or defenders.
Virtually every game I watch there are mistakes being made trying to play out from the back.
McCarthy ain't a bad goalie he's just not very good with the ball at his feet if he was he'd probably be a ctr back.
If RM continues to play this ridiculous playing out from the back it won't matter who's between the sticks it'll get us relegated.
Those 3 points dropped at Newcastle could be the difference between staying up & going down at end of season.

I agree with most of this, apart from McCarthy not being a bad keeper. It is not just his ability with the ball at his feet. His alround game is poor, e.g number of goals he has let in at near post, together with his ability to manage crosses, and react effectively with goals from outside the box he really should get down to.

Even in the friendlies, he got caught coming out gifting an open goal.

I don't think there is a team in Premier league or Championship that would take him. He really struck gold getting a new contract with us.
How familiar on 13:12 - Aug 18 with 467 views1885_SFC

And to think McCarthy was linked with a move to Liverpool back in May

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024