Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? 23:08 - Feb 19 with 43041 viewsGloryHunter

I was 22 in 1975, and I voted "No". This was based on my political heroes Michael Foot and Tony Benn warning against the dangers of entering the EU. After that, I softened my opposition somewhat. I like the fact that I can now cross most European borders without being searched and showing my passport, and I have since acquired a German wife, who is free to live and work in the UK (although she is not allowed to vote here, despite having paid UK taxes for 25 years). But, to be honest, I am thinking of voting "Out". What do other posters on here think?
Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 17:53 - Feb 24 with 2083 viewsMatch82

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 17:01 - Feb 24 by HendonHoop

I reckon Obama has put his two pennyworth into the Stay in campaign as he doesn't want any of his US States in America to want to break away i.e Vermont and Texas ect. An American pal told me that.

Was joking to my mate the other day that the quickest way to raise the average intelligence level in the U.S. would be to let Texas secede. Didn't go down well, then I remembered that his dad was from Texas...
Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 18:10 - Feb 24 with 2060 viewsQPRDave

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 17:49 - Feb 24 by easthertsr

Responses to international problems are not just sending troops, sometimes that is the worst thing to do!

No but that's the ultimate price paid, and the rest don't pay it with their sons like the two I mentioned.
Although I can't think of another approach to " Our world is a complicated and dangerous at present" sentence
Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 18:19 - Feb 24 with 2043 viewseasthertsr

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 18:10 - Feb 24 by QPRDave

No but that's the ultimate price paid, and the rest don't pay it with their sons like the two I mentioned.
Although I can't think of another approach to " Our world is a complicated and dangerous at present" sentence

How about the French Muslim cop who gave up his life defending the Charlie Hebdo attack?
Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 18:21 - Feb 24 with 2032 viewsQPRDave

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 18:19 - Feb 24 by easthertsr

How about the French Muslim cop who gave up his life defending the Charlie Hebdo attack?

How about him?
Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 18:23 - Feb 24 with 2028 viewsqprphil

Out, out. We were in control of our destiny before, and have no fears about coming out of the EU. Let us decide what we want to do, and when and how. We will cope just fine.
Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 18:25 - Feb 24 with 2021 viewsessextaxiboy

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 17:34 - Feb 24 by easthertsr

So when Farage claims expenses from the 'public teat' of the E U parliament that's all right then? Actually that's a pretty impressive list of people from all over the political spectrum who have decided that a collective response to our political difficulties is better then a splintered one. Our world is a complicated and dangerous at present , the more there is a joint approach to this the greater the likelihood that we can remain peaceful. Like all organisations there are faults with the EU but at present we need to join together rather than fracture apart. I vote REMAIN

With respect if you think that is a pretty impressive list , you cant have read it . Russell Brand ? Blair ? Kinnock? .Milliband ffs .

Governed and legislated upon by a body we cannot sack at the ballot box ...that is the bottom line .
Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 18:37 - Feb 24 with 2014 viewseasthertsr

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 18:25 - Feb 24 by essextaxiboy

With respect if you think that is a pretty impressive list , you cant have read it . Russell Brand ? Blair ? Kinnock? .Milliband ffs .

Governed and legislated upon by a body we cannot sack at the ballot box ...that is the bottom line .

Like the House of Lords?
Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 18:42 - Feb 24 with 1999 viewsQPRDave

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 18:25 - Feb 24 by essextaxiboy

Clegg, a pair of Balls and Jimmy Krankie!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 18:46 - Feb 24 with 1992 viewsQPRDave

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 18:23 - Feb 24 by qprphil

Out, out. We were in control of our destiny before, and have no fears about coming out of the EU. Let us decide what we want to do, and when and how. We will cope just fine.

If you listen to Call me and his mates it's all just like boy scouts sitting round a camp fire telling scary stories.....If we leave who knows...woooooo
Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 19:11 - Feb 24 with 1965 viewsDiscodroids

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 17:34 - Feb 24 by easthertsr

So when Farage claims expenses from the 'public teat' of the E U parliament that's all right then? Actually that's a pretty impressive list of people from all over the political spectrum who have decided that a collective response to our political difficulties is better then a splintered one. Our world is a complicated and dangerous at present , the more there is a joint approach to this the greater the likelihood that we can remain peaceful. Like all organisations there are faults with the EU but at present we need to join together rather than fracture apart. I vote REMAIN

thats the spirit!.

well done you, its good to see you out and about.

it certainly is impressive to see a man feeding off his emotions.

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 19:17 - Feb 24 with 1958 viewsessextaxiboy

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 18:37 - Feb 24 by easthertsr

Like the House of Lords?

Absolutely .. although we have the Parliament Act ..
Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 19:18 - Feb 24 with 1959 viewseasthertsr

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 19:11 - Feb 24 by Discodroids

thats the spirit!.

well done you, its good to see you out and about.

it certainly is impressive to see a man feeding off his emotions.

Thanks!
Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 19:37 - Feb 24 with 1870 viewsjonno

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 18:37 - Feb 24 by easthertsr

Like the House of Lords?

The House Of Lords do not constitute the Government and have increasingly limited powers over Bills passed by Parliament. With regard to "only by being inside the EU can we influence decisions made there" - I read somewhere that there have been 78 issues which the EU have made laws on which the UK was unhappy about and voted against. The UK lost every one. Not a huge amount of "influence" then.
Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 20:19 - Feb 24 with 1840 viewsderbyhoop

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 17:53 - Feb 24 by Match82

Was joking to my mate the other day that the quickest way to raise the average intelligence level in the U.S. would be to let Texas secede. Didn't go down well, then I remembered that his dad was from Texas...

I once saw a political map of the USA after Dubya's (?) re-election. The outside states, those closer to the rest of the world all voted Democrat blue. The middle voted Republican red and was shown as Dumbf*ckistan.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 00:02 - Feb 25 with 1762 viewsKerryE

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 21:47 - Feb 22 by essextaxiboy

Yugoslavia was a communist state . We are a member of Nato .

I think your point is valid, ie all these countries were communist but are now members of the EU: Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia.

It was the economic benefits of the EU that got these countries ultimately on 'our side' not NATO.
Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 11:46 - Feb 25 with 1681 viewsessextaxiboy

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 00:02 - Feb 25 by KerryE

I think your point is valid, ie all these countries were communist but are now members of the EU: Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia.

It was the economic benefits of the EU that got these countries ultimately on 'our side' not NATO.

All of those countries take more from the EU than they contribute . Money that we pay. So we give them cash and the chance to come and work here to earn and claim money to send home and spend there back into their economy . All sounds great doesnt it .
All because we dont want to be attacked ?
Is that whay we have become ? Paying protection money ?

Read article 5 of the NATO Washington treaty 1949 . That is what has kept us safe .that and Trident ..
[Post edited 25 Feb 2016 11:57]
Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 12:02 - Feb 25 with 1663 viewsTHEBUSH

At the end of the day, voting to stay in or out is a personal thing.

I can see many reasons to leave and many reasons to stay, but my personal feeling is to stay in, so that's what I'm gonna vote
Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 12:35 - Feb 25 with 1626 viewsQPRDave

I think we'll stay........................whatever the result!
Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 13:18 - Feb 25 with 1587 viewsessextaxiboy

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 12:02 - Feb 25 by THEBUSH

At the end of the day, voting to stay in or out is a personal thing.

I can see many reasons to leave and many reasons to stay, but my personal feeling is to stay in, so that's what I'm gonna vote

How do you mean personal ?
Like a gut feeling or voting for what benefits you personally (like Richard Branson for example) .
Cant argue with either reason really its your choice as you say . Which ever way you vote you have to accept the full consequences of it for ever.For example I will vote out and fully accept that my bananas may be bendy.
Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 13:22 - Feb 25 with 1577 viewsJuzzie

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 11:46 - Feb 25 by essextaxiboy

All of those countries take more from the EU than they contribute . Money that we pay. So we give them cash and the chance to come and work here to earn and claim money to send home and spend there back into their economy . All sounds great doesnt it .
All because we dont want to be attacked ?
Is that whay we have become ? Paying protection money ?

Read article 5 of the NATO Washington treaty 1949 . That is what has kept us safe .that and Trident ..
[Post edited 25 Feb 2016 11:57]

The whole notion of the EU having some kind of leveling effect so that all member nations share the wealth sounds just like the old Soviet Union (15 countries) to me!

And the EU is supposedly a capitalist organisation?!
Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 13:54 - Feb 25 with 1544 viewsrunningman75

I tend to gear towards the liberal attitude that we are better off in the EU. However the Romanian beggar on the tube this morning put me into Daily Mail mode.
Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 14:00 - Feb 25 with 1540 viewsDiscodroids

Be fair Essex, I Admired the bravery of David 'art of war' Milliband.

Upon seeing impending Armageddon in Scotland in the 2015 General election, This courageous Zen master of the dark arts held a council of war with his closest apparatchiks, and thus sanctioned the ingenious move to dispatch Eddie Izzard in full drag up to Glasgow 2 days before election day , to bolster Jim Murphys Campaign.

If a Man in demi matt foundation , wallis tights and a dorthy perkings funnel coat cant connect with the Working class Scotsman from the Gorbals, then i dont know what will.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2016 14:09]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 14:08 - Feb 25 with 2245 viewsTHEBUSH

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 13:18 - Feb 25 by essextaxiboy

How do you mean personal ?
Like a gut feeling or voting for what benefits you personally (like Richard Branson for example) .
Cant argue with either reason really its your choice as you say . Which ever way you vote you have to accept the full consequences of it for ever.For example I will vote out and fully accept that my bananas may be bendy.

I don't think it will effect me personally, if either we leave or stay in, although I can't be sure of that ?

I'm a pensioner now and I voted to join in 1975 and as said, personally I've no reason to change my vote this time.
Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 14:10 - Feb 25 with 2234 viewsbillericaydicky

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 13:54 - Feb 25 by runningman75

I tend to gear towards the liberal attitude that we are better off in the EU. However the Romanian beggar on the tube this morning put me into Daily Mail mode.

Why? You naughty little Englander you!

You are meant to ask said beggar if he would like to accompany you home and eat at your table and stay for the night as he clearly has fallen on hard times and after all could in fact be a doctor or lawyer who just needs a break? We are all europeans you know...

Alternatively you should take him to the house of Balls and Cooper as Mrs B clearly wants all refugees to be welcome.

Plenty more where he came from.

Carry on debating.
Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 14:11 - Feb 25 with 2233 viewsbillericaydicky

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 14:00 - Feb 25 by Discodroids

Be fair Essex, I Admired the bravery of David 'art of war' Milliband.

Upon seeing impending Armageddon in Scotland in the 2015 General election, This courageous Zen master of the dark arts held a council of war with his closest apparatchiks, and thus sanctioned the ingenious move to dispatch Eddie Izzard in full drag up to Glasgow 2 days before election day , to bolster Jim Murphys Campaign.

If a Man in demi matt foundation , wallis tights and a dorthy perkings funnel coat cant connect with the Working class Scotsman from the Gorbals, then i dont know what will.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2016 14:09]

That made me chuckle!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024