Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ramseybaink 15:28 - Jan 29 with 10005 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If the results stick Ramsey was beaten with was used on Hasselbaink, some of you would be calling for his head already:

Not a criticism of Jimmy by the way. I like him. Just airing some hindsight.

[Post edited 29 Jan 2016 18:10]
Ramseybaink on 22:44 - Jan 29 with 1685 viewsThe_Mole

I wouldn't worry too much Baz about stats and us winning games under JFH as apparently we played really well against Forrest!

All is well again 😆
Ramseybaink on 01:05 - Jan 30 with 1632 viewsJigsore

Ramseybaink on 22:44 - Jan 29 by The_Mole

I wouldn't worry too much Baz about stats and us winning games under JFH as apparently we played really well against Forrest!

All is well again 😆

still salty about that eh

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Ramseybaink on 01:25 - Jan 30 with 1623 viewstimcocking

Yeah, still too many sheep around who just go with the 'popular' choice. Typical of life.
Ramsaybaink on 02:37 - Jan 30 with 1615 viewsHitch

Ramsaybaink on 20:10 - Jan 29 by CHUBBS

JFH was not my choice of manager,results have been poor granted however he's looked far more accomplished than CR ever did and i get the feeling he's got the necessary skills to succeed,something i never really felt Ramsey possessed.
I think you're taking this to personally,i've met Ramsey(he lives local)and he is a really nice fella but its QPR i love so if he isn't good enough i'll object to him being in charge.
I supported him hoping he'd improve but that wasn't forth coming so he had to go.
Fair play to you for your vociferous attempts to defend him but the bottom line is he just weren't good enough.

I concur, JFH now has my full support. His attitude toward training resonates nicely with me. Look forward because behind us is a litany of cockups.
Ramsaybaink on 03:15 - Jan 30 with 1601 viewsYugohoop

Ramsaybaink on 18:30 - Jan 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

Ok, let's remove Austin from Ramsey's record and Polter from Jimmy's.

Yeah you're right, because Austin and Polter are of the same quality and strike equal fear into championship defenders.
Ramseybaink on 08:31 - Jan 30 with 1533 viewsDorse

Stats schmats. Does he have a hat that we can criticise?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Ramseybaink on 09:03 - Jan 30 with 1504 viewsPommyhoop

Ramseybaink on 08:31 - Jan 30 by Dorse

Stats schmats. Does he have a hat that we can criticise?

Bazza you will never get youratm fact table accepted by the Ramsey Outers..
We we had a wobble from the most dedicted Ramsey outers and HFH inners that
It's not his fault because he has no control of the team picking.Les does all the picking of the team.

]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Ramseybaink on 09:25 - Jan 30 with 1487 viewsBasingstokeR

On the original image what is EXPPG? Expected Points per Game?
Login to get fewer ads

Ramsaybaink on 10:36 - Jan 30 with 1464 viewsCamberleyR

Ramsaybaink on 18:30 - Jan 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

Ok, let's remove Austin from Ramsey's record and Polter from Jimmy's.

Austin's goals earned significantly more points for Ramsey than Polter's have for Hasselbaink.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Ramsaybaink on 10:48 - Jan 30 with 1452 viewsPommyhoop

Ramsaybaink on 10:36 - Jan 30 by CamberleyR

Austin's goals earned significantly more points for Ramsey than Polter's have for Hasselbaink.

Ok lets remove the bulshite change in Ramsey's original remit and subsequent undermining and compare it to the general acceptance that JFH has time and is not required to reach the play offs this year..
I like JFH but it is f'cking obvious that he has and will be given an easier ride that Ramsey could even dream about..

Ramsaybaink on 11:16 - Jan 30 with 1431 viewsCamberleyR

Ramsaybaink on 10:48 - Jan 30 by Pommyhoop

Ok lets remove the bulshite change in Ramsey's original remit and subsequent undermining and compare it to the general acceptance that JFH has time and is not required to reach the play offs this year..
I like JFH but it is f'cking obvious that he has and will be given an easier ride that Ramsey could even dream about..

I wasn't pro or anti-Ramsey, Pom. Of course I would have preferred him to succeed obviously, I was just pointing out a fact in answer to Baz's wild generalisation.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Ramsaybaink on 12:20 - Jan 30 with 1391 viewsPommyhoop

Ramsaybaink on 11:16 - Jan 30 by CamberleyR

I wasn't pro or anti-Ramsey, Pom. Of course I would have preferred him to succeed obviously, I was just pointing out a fact in answer to Baz's wild generalisation.

It was'nt a pop at you Camb. I just find it funny that hard facts or stats put up by Bazza are rubished out of hand.. When he was 3 f'cking games in they were screaming and rubbished by those who 'didn't fancy' CR from the start.They were quite ready to use 'stats' from when CR was left a complete clusterf'ck of a team where he had no window to create his glimmer of a chance for survival.
Then when he was 3 games in .YES THREE games in they were calling for his head. Its not just 3 games they squealed , he had 7 or whatever games last season...Then the direct f'cking lies that he is not an accomplished recognized coach and revered by some mega money earning pros playing prem football today.
I like JFH and will always support him 100% just as I did Chris Ramsey.. There is honestly not that much between them except one is being given a lot more rope than the other.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2016 12:22]

Ramsaybaink on 12:51 - Jan 30 with 1355 viewsstevec

Ramsaybaink on 12:20 - Jan 30 by Pommyhoop

It was'nt a pop at you Camb. I just find it funny that hard facts or stats put up by Bazza are rubished out of hand.. When he was 3 f'cking games in they were screaming and rubbished by those who 'didn't fancy' CR from the start.They were quite ready to use 'stats' from when CR was left a complete clusterf'ck of a team where he had no window to create his glimmer of a chance for survival.
Then when he was 3 games in .YES THREE games in they were calling for his head. Its not just 3 games they squealed , he had 7 or whatever games last season...Then the direct f'cking lies that he is not an accomplished recognized coach and revered by some mega money earning pros playing prem football today.
I like JFH and will always support him 100% just as I did Chris Ramsey.. There is honestly not that much between them except one is being given a lot more rope than the other.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2016 12:22]

I'm sorry Pom but this stuff about more rope and cutting slack is absolute b**locks.

This club is in a period where points gained or lost are temporarily secondary to sorting this club out. At the ground, month after month we were watching a team in terminal decline under Ramsey. Every game was a lottery, the man didn't have a clue, largely got out of jail courtesy of Charlie Austin.

We needed a man capable of turning the club round, a man with a plan and JFH I believe is that man.
Ramsaybaink on 13:31 - Jan 30 with 1311 viewsPunteR

Ramsaybaink on 12:51 - Jan 30 by stevec

I'm sorry Pom but this stuff about more rope and cutting slack is absolute b**locks.

This club is in a period where points gained or lost are temporarily secondary to sorting this club out. At the ground, month after month we were watching a team in terminal decline under Ramsey. Every game was a lottery, the man didn't have a clue, largely got out of jail courtesy of Charlie Austin.

We needed a man capable of turning the club round, a man with a plan and JFH I believe is that man.

I think your missing the point of this thread Steve. What exactly are you basing how good JFH is compared to CR on. It cant be results,league positions,stats because Ramsey trumps JFH with those.
That table shows Ramseys time here wasn't a complete shambles as lot of Ramsey knockers' make out.
I'm backing JFH to get things right eventually and I think JFH needs to be cut more slack more than anyone.
The pro Ramsey camp got digs by you on here so its understandable these sort of threads get started.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ramseybaink on 13:52 - Jan 30 with 1296 viewsDylanP

"Not a criticism of Jimmy by the way. I like him. "

Then why did you post such a ridiculously negative post? Just posting "I like him" afterwards doesn't make you seem any less whiney. The rest of the post established that impression. Then adding "I like him" just makes you look like you don't know your own mind.

The fact is, a manager needs more than a handful of games to really get a system in place. If that manager can build on something established, then maybe it can be quicker. But football fans should be thinking in terms of seasons, not games when it comes to assessing the success of a new manager. So give it a bloody rest with the constant drum beat of negativity.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Ramseybaink on 14:29 - Jan 30 with 1272 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ramseybaink on 13:52 - Jan 30 by DylanP

Then why did you post such a ridiculously negative post? Just posting "I like him" afterwards doesn't make you seem any less whiney. The rest of the post established that impression. Then adding "I like him" just makes you look like you don't know your own mind.

The fact is, a manager needs more than a handful of games to really get a system in place. If that manager can build on something established, then maybe it can be quicker. But football fans should be thinking in terms of seasons, not games when it comes to assessing the success of a new manager. So give it a bloody rest with the constant drum beat of negativity.

Thanks for taking the time to whine about how whiney I am.

This is a post about the fickleness of some fans. You can choose not to believe that or you can choose to get on with your life. Either way I don't give a fvck.
Ramseybaink on 14:53 - Jan 30 with 1248 viewsGetMeRangers

Ramseybaink on 13:52 - Jan 30 by DylanP

It is not ridiculously negative. If it highlights anything, it highlights that it isnt just quite the club who have behaved in a manner that many dislike this season. Whether it be CR's treatment, the appointment of NW, Steve Gallen... and I could go on.

I know little about football. I go to watch a team that I feel represents values I hold dear, or more accurately, values it had when I started supporting the club back in the late 70's.

I understand that it is a results business for many, but I want to be entertained. I had no expectations at the beginning of the season other than consolidation and with luck avoiding the drop. All of the things that happened over the summer seemed positive steps. Call me weird, but I enjoyed the football under CR even if we gave two goals away a game. We were also top goal scorers for the division and games had plenty to discuss afterwards. It was new and refreshing even if CR did not have the look of a long term manager.

But then the results came under NW. Quite frankly, it was god awful to watch and it didnt improve in many of JFH's games, Burnley and Brighton in the early games aside.

Do I care who is manager? Not a lot, as long as it is entertaining... and we appear to be getting towards that now

But the treatment of CR by not only the club but also some of the fans was just one of the biggest lows since following this club... along with the treatment of Polter at Birmingham. The club has made many mistakes but you hope that supporters might rise above that. It is clear that some can't, given the vitriol dished out again when CR was re-appointed and no doubt petrol to the fire now that Steve Gallen has gone

I know many have written off the season. I nearly did after the cup game away. Yet, after Forest on Tuesday, I am now looking forward to games in the coming weeks. Looks fun to me. More importantly, I hope we see the continued steps building towards a side that can challenge better next year. You have to have hope...
Ramsaybaink on 15:02 - Jan 30 with 1242 viewsPommyhoop

Ramsaybaink on 12:51 - Jan 30 by stevec

Are you seriously saying that JFH has come into our club with the plan to turn our fortunes around? His remit now or plan is dictated to him by higher powers .His ( well not entirely his) plan
is build for the future, get rid of the high earners , try your best and if we are lucky enough to be up there go for a sneaky play off position. And the fans are well satisfied with that.
Chris Ramsey's remit was the same as that until TF read a few pathetic tweets from morons and then failed to get rid of a few over paid footballers who have a tendancy to get relegated and one brilliant striker who also has been relegated and is injured quite a bit and decided to change his remit to instant promotion. To which the tweeting morons and a hell of a lot of the other social media got on boarD AND IN TURN PPLE AT THE MATCHES STARTED ACTING LIKE KIDS AT A xMAS PANTO TOWARD OUR OWN PLAYERS. oNE GAME THE OPPOSING MANAGER ACTUALLY put his arm around our manager because the abuse he got was so bad and the manager felt awkward...
Yeah I think JFH has a little bit more rope ... I wont ever slag him tho...

oops srry about random caps.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2016 15:09]

Ramseybaink on 15:11 - Jan 31 with 1131 viewsderbyhoop

What the stats show is that Ramsey, by comparison with JFH, was nowhere near as bad as his critics would allege. But, as Actonman (?) pointed out, it takes more than stats to assess a manager. I don't think Ramsey got a fair crack, especially not from some of the vocal fans and message board warriors, but I'm not sorry he was replaced.

JFH is our manager now and has a difficult job to rebuild the first team, while slashing the wage bill. Ferdinand has an even more difficult one in rebuilding a sustainable club.

We can carry on wasting time and energy on what has gone or we can support those who are trying to return the club to the type that brought most is in as supporters.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Ramseybaink on 15:35 - Jan 31 with 1104 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ramseybaink on 15:11 - Jan 31 by derbyhoop

What the stats show is that Ramsey, by comparison with JFH, was nowhere near as bad as his critics would allege. But, as Actonman (?) pointed out, it takes more than stats to assess a manager. I don't think Ramsey got a fair crack, especially not from some of the vocal fans and message board warriors, but I'm not sorry he was replaced.

JFH is our manager now and has a difficult job to rebuild the first team, while slashing the wage bill. Ferdinand has an even more difficult one in rebuilding a sustainable club.

We can carry on wasting time and energy on what has gone or we can support those who are trying to return the club to the type that brought most is in as supporters.

Exactly what I was trying to say.

I'm not raking up mud as accused, just using that table as an implement to demonstrate the hypocrisy.

But like Ramsey I got pelters by the PSU (Pie Spitters Union).
[Post edited 31 Jan 2016 15:36]
Ramseybaink on 15:46 - Jan 31 with 1085 viewsJamie

For what's it worth I was against sacking Ramsey as I didn't see the point when the boards remits are so unrealistic.

That said I feel strangely optimistic with Jimbo at the helm - lack of youth chances not withstanding.
Ramseybaink on 16:07 - Jan 31 with 1061 viewsMatch82

Not sure I agreed that JFH has more rope than Ramsey. Both were judged ludicrously early by some of our fans
Ramseybaink on 09:12 - Feb 1 with 959 viewsMvpeter

The difference for me is the JFH is implementing a style, one that requires fitness that Ramsey failed to deliver, and he's actually trying to form a team for the long term.

Under Ramsey and his team with Green Perch Onohua Angella Konchesky Henry Tozser Phillips and Austin as starters we were not.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Ramseybaink on 11:57 - Feb 1 with 884 viewsfrancisbowles

One thing I don't understand about the change of manager is: CR was removed because promotion was the aim, the results improved with 2 wins and a draw in 4 games under NW (no I'm not advocating him for the job), then JFH decides to look at the situation long term and push the players so hard that they concede late goals and drop points in five consecutive matches thereby rendering our chance of the play offs to be virtually over.

I know that some will feel that we never had a realistic chance of finishing in the top six anyway but we are 11 points behind at the moment and we must have dropped 8 or 9 in those five games alone not to mention ruining everyone's Christmas!

However, I am fully behind JFH, as I was with CR, I believe things will pick up and that one thing that Jimmy has done, which Chris didn't, is to appoint a strong assistant and head coach to work with him.
Ramseybaink on 12:02 - Feb 1 with 874 viewsjamois

I cannot believe this thread is still going....oh, hang on...

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024