Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ramseybaink 15:28 - Jan 29 with 10003 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If the results stick Ramsey was beaten with was used on Hasselbaink, some of you would be calling for his head already:

Not a criticism of Jimmy by the way. I like him. Just airing some hindsight.

[Post edited 29 Jan 2016 18:10]
Ramsaybaink on 19:04 - Jan 29 with 1243 viewsCHUBBS

Ramsaybaink on 18:51 - Jan 29 by isawqpratwcity

Well argued, sir. Your response is positively Shavian in it's wit and pertinence. Is it original or did you have help?

No i didn't but I like irritating the 'Ramsey in-ers' for making him out to be much better than he was
Ramseybaink on 19:05 - Jan 29 with 1236 viewsPunteR

Ramsey didn't do to bad Imo and looking at that table sort of proves it.
Ramsey got absolute pelters on here and didn't deserve a lot of it. I still think we shouldn't of sacked him when we did,and lets be honest things haven't really improved have they?
You could argue that the players look more as a team now because they have played more games together. Hall and Onouha are forming a good partnership these days.
I like Jimmy and back him 100% but Baz only posted the table he didn't compile it. Its a good talking point for a QPR message board.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ramseybaink on 19:09 - Jan 29 with 1223 viewsJonDoeman

Ramseybaink on 19:05 - Jan 29 by PunteR

Ramsey didn't do to bad Imo and looking at that table sort of proves it.
Ramsey got absolute pelters on here and didn't deserve a lot of it. I still think we shouldn't of sacked him when we did,and lets be honest things haven't really improved have they?
You could argue that the players look more as a team now because they have played more games together. Hall and Onouha are forming a good partnership these days.
I like Jimmy and back him 100% but Baz only posted the table he didn't compile it. Its a good talking point for a QPR message board.

He needed to do a lot better than not bad, cos no one believed in him from the start.

It Is What It Is !!

Ramsaybaink on 19:15 - Jan 29 with 1211 viewsJonDoeman

Ramsaybaink on 19:04 - Jan 29 by CHUBBS

No i didn't but I like irritating the 'Ramsey in-ers' for making him out to be much better than he was

Relegated with a whimper , & still leaking like a sieve this season. We were going nowhere with him .

It Is What It Is !!

Ramseybaink on 19:15 - Jan 29 with 1209 viewsPunteR

Ramseybaink on 19:09 - Jan 29 by JonDoeman

He needed to do a lot better than not bad, cos no one believed in him from the start.

I think that's the point Baz is trying to make, we've cut Jimmy a lot more slack.
Pep Guardilola would struggle here.

Ramsaybaink on 19:16 - Jan 29 with 1207 viewsisawqpratwcity

Ramsaybaink on 19:04 - Jan 29 by CHUBBS

Ah, it talks!

Ok, but I wasn't ever a 'Ramsey In-er': I only ever argued that he wasn't yet bad enough to be given the flick. To those who think he was bad enough, how does JFH's record stand up against Ramsey?

Not real flash.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Ramseybaink on 19:18 - Jan 29 with 1199 viewsJonDoeman

Ramseybaink on 19:15 - Jan 29 by PunteR

I think that's the point Baz is trying to make, we've cut Jimmy a lot more slack.

Ramsey was never going to get any slack this season after the way we went down. One of the many reasons it was a ridiculous appointment.

It Is What It Is !!

Ramseybaink on 19:19 - Jan 29 with 1197 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

BINGO mate!
Login to get fewer ads

Ramsaybaink on 19:20 - Jan 29 with 1191 viewsAgedR

Ramsaybaink on 19:15 - Jan 29 by JonDoeman

Relegated with a whimper , & still leaking like a sieve this season. We were going nowhere with him .

That could well be correct Jon, but, that does not excuse the way that he was treated based on his record compared to the way JFH is being treated based on his.

I think the appointment of Ramsay was foolish, but, once made he should have been allowed a clear remit and a season to work towards it.

It's done now and I think we're better off with JFH, but, what a painful and stupid way to get to where we are.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Ramsaybaink on 19:20 - Jan 29 with 1188 viewsFDC

Ramsaybaink on 18:58 - Jan 29 by DejR_vu

I sensed subtlety would have been futile.........

Your artistic flair has left me floundering
Ramseybaink on 19:24 - Jan 29 with 1170 viewsBlackCrowe

Cannot believe i'm adding to this ridiculous thread.

JFH looks like a man with plan, has presence, track record and is known for making his teams difficult to beat. He will do fine for us (whatever that is), I am pretty sure of that.

Chris looked utterly out of his depth from minute one.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Ramseybaink on 19:25 - Jan 29 with 1166 viewsTheBlob

Well I for one would love to find that out.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ramsaybaink on 19:30 - Jan 29 with 1153 viewsCHUBBS

Ramsaybaink on 19:16 - Jan 29 by isawqpratwcity

Ah, it talks!

Ok, but I wasn't ever a 'Ramsey In-er': I only ever argued that he wasn't yet bad enough to be given the flick. To those who think he was bad enough, how does JFH's record stand up against Ramsey?

Not real flash.

His in game management was embarrassing,from his very 1st game bringing on SWP for no apparent reason.
If that wasn't enough he paraded the little shit for an emotional farewell at City compounding the pain our suffering fans already felt.
His substitutions weakened us and he'd clearly lost the dressing room before his inevitable departure.
He taught Warnock a thing or two though
Ramsaybaink on 19:36 - Jan 29 with 1145 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ramsaybaink on 19:30 - Jan 29 by CHUBBS

His in game management was embarrassing,from his very 1st game bringing on SWP for no apparent reason.
If that wasn't enough he paraded the little shit for an emotional farewell at City compounding the pain our suffering fans already felt.
His substitutions weakened us and he'd clearly lost the dressing room before his inevitable departure.

Well, his in game management gained one third more points per game than Jimmy's.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2016 19:39]
Ramseybaink on 19:37 - Jan 29 with 1144 viewsisawqpratwcity

Ramseybaink on 19:24 - Jan 29 by BlackCrowe

Cannot believe i'm adding to this ridiculous thread.

JFH looks like a man with plan, has presence, track record and is known for making his teams difficult to beat. He will do fine for us (whatever that is), I am pretty sure of that.

Chris looked utterly out of his depth from minute one.

But seeing as you're here...

What does a man with a plan look like, exactly? Is it the suit? Presence is important, especially at Christmas.

What does 'out of his depth' look like? How do you tell without looking at the results?

What about comparing the records of Ramsey and JFH? Any issues there? Has Jimmy caught up to Chris yet? Are we past 'minute one'?

Ramsaybaink on 19:42 - Jan 29 with 1132 viewsPunteR

I think he did lose the dressing room. Doesn't help that his employers changed the remit just as the season started.
The players wouldn't have wanted consolidation either so the job Ramsey was first brought in for was redundant really. Ramsey was undermined Imo and his job was in the balance from the start.

Ramsaybaink on 19:50 - Jan 29 with 1121 viewsisawqpratwcity

I know one thing he didn't teach him. Warnock already knew all about losing the dressing room, or don't you remember that?

So, how much worse is Ramsey's record than JFH's? Care to quantify it?

Ramseybaink on 19:59 - Jan 29 with 1097 viewsJonDoeman

Ramseybaink on 19:19 - Jan 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

BINGO mate!

Must've been cos he's black!.................... Oh wait!!

It Is What It Is !!

Ramsaybaink on 20:01 - Jan 29 with 1095 viewsJonDoeman

Ramsaybaink on 19:50 - Jan 29 by isawqpratwcity

I know one thing he didn't teach him. Warnock already knew all about losing the dressing room, or don't you remember that?

He has a promotion & Ramsey has a relegation.... with a whimper!

It Is What It Is !!

Ramseybaink on 20:01 - Jan 29 with 1093 viewsBlackCrowe

Ramseybaink on 19:37 - Jan 29 by isawqpratwcity

But seeing as you're here...

What does a man with a plan look like, exactly? Is it the suit? Presence is important, especially at Christmas.

What does 'out of his depth' look like? How do you tell without looking at the results?

What about comparing the records of Ramsey and JFH? Any issues there? Has Jimmy caught up to Chris yet? Are we past 'minute one'?

Body language, track record, organisation and player commitment. Works for me.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Ramsaybaink on 20:05 - Jan 29 with 1086 viewsdistortR

I like Ramsey the bloke but don't have a problem with the way the club treated him, only with the vitriol he got from some fans. The team looked on a downward spiral, the fulham game being particularly crap. The ship now appears to be steadied, and i see a mixed metaphor about lights and tunnels. If we had taken a trouncing in jfh's winless streak, he may have been in trouble.

Austins goals per game ratio was significantly higher under jimmy than under chris
Ramsaybaink on 20:10 - Jan 29 with 1081 viewsCHUBBS

JFH was not my choice of manager,results have been poor granted however he's looked far more accomplished than CR ever did and i get the feeling he's got the necessary skills to succeed,something i never really felt Ramsey possessed.
I think you're taking this to personally,i've met Ramsey(he lives local)and he is a really nice fella but its QPR i love so if he isn't good enough i'll object to him being in charge.
I supported him hoping he'd improve but that wasn't forth coming so he had to go.
Fair play to you for your vociferous attempts to defend him but the bottom line is he just weren't good enough.
Ramsaybaink on 20:31 - Jan 29 with 1045 viewsisawqpratwcity

Ramsaybaink on 20:01 - Jan 29 by JonDoeman

He has a promotion & Ramsey has a relegation.... with a whimper!

Ramsey was a caretaker at the time, remember? Do you think it's reasonable to blame the First Mate for the ship sinking after the Captain took a lifeboat?

How about comparing their times here this season, since you were one of the more vocal Ramsey critics - for quite a while, as I remember. Yes, Ramsey has gone, and it's amazing what wonders what your advice has done for the club. Yes sir, turned our season around after we had fallen all the way to 13th. How proud you must feel, to have blamed the correct person.

Ramsaybaink on 21:16 - Jan 29 with 992 viewsisawqpratwcity

Ramsaybaink on 20:10 - Jan 29 by CHUBBS

JFH was not my choice of manager,results have been poor granted however he's looked far more accomplished than CR ever did and i get the feeling he's got the necessary skills to succeed,something i never really felt Ramsey possessed.
I think you're taking this to personally,i've met Ramsey(he lives local)and he is a really nice fella but its QPR i love so if he isn't good enough i'll object to him being in charge.
I supported him hoping he'd improve but that wasn't forth coming so he had to go.
Fair play to you for your vociferous attempts to defend him but the bottom line is he just weren't good enough.

I'm not taking it personally except that I am still angry about the way Ramsey has been treated by both fans and the club.

I make no claims about his eventual suitability for the position, and I do think JFH is a better manager but the fact that Jimmy is struggling to match Ramsey's results show that the club's malaise is a hell of a lot deeper than one man's position.

It is now painfully obvious to all that the club needs root-and-branch treatment and I didn't think it was fair for the club to change the brief or make Warnock an 'advisor' the way they did, or correct for the fans to attack him vociferously when the results he was getting could be reasonably described as 'not too bad'. Certainly most of the specific 'faults' ascribed to his management have been replicated by both managers since.

The best part of the sorry saga is that we now are more behind the efforts of the club to make deep changes to remedy the damage of the last few years, and I don't just mean the Fernandes era.

Ok, rant over...

Ramseybaink on 22:10 - Jan 29 with 958 viewsTheBlob

Sorry to say it but preferring either to the other is like asking whether you prefer toothache to sciatica.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024