Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour Leadership Result at 11am !! 09:10 - Sep 12 with 25683 viewsDiscodroids

A BIZARRE LOVE TRIANGLE OF Corbyn , Dianne Abbott and Dennis Skinner is not my idea of a FINE TIME, although A PERFECT KISS, from Caroline Flint dressed as Servalan from Blakes 7, would make me feel like ive been TOUCHED BY THE HAND OF GOD.

A JOY DIVISION OF young people dressed as Charlie Bucket, have shown TRUE FAITH in Corbyn . Leaving the 1922 committee in SHELLSHOCK, laughing their fackn heads off in the Wigmore club at the STATE OF THE NATION. A NEW ORDER of David Lammy and Sadiq Khan really is TEMPTATION for me to get on the piss.

I cant wait for the THE UNKNOWN PLEASURES of seeing Corbyn at his first Prime ministers question time in a George Roper demob suit....poor Harriet Harman, SHES LOST CONTROL. It would seem.. .EVERYHINGS GONE GREEN as Corbyn will use solar panels at his cabinet meetings to set the WORLD IN MOTION.Lets hope He does'nt resort to POWER, CORRUPTION AND LIES and proves to be a man of SUBSTANCE.

....And there's a taste in my mouth, As desperation takes hold.

[Post edited 12 Sep 2015 9:15]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Labour Leadership Result at 11am !! on 13:48 - Sep 16 with 1096 viewsTacticalR

Labour Leadership Result at 11am !! on 13:34 - Sep 16 by ElHoop

I'm not sure how you can be taken seriously if you sing about asking someone you don't think exists to save someone you don't think should be there.

British parliamentarians have long prided themselves on muddling through and are not concerned with such logical niceties.

Air hostess clique

Labour Leadership Result at 11am !! on 13:49 - Sep 16 with 1091 viewsTheBlob

Labour Leadership Result at 11am !! on 13:46 - Sep 16 by LythamR

exactly
i dont sing it for the same reasons, hypocritical to sing it if you don't believe it, wouldn't singing it make him a bit of a liar

Dont we want and expect our politicians to be truthful

Truthful?When did that ever happen - must have blinked and missed it.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Labour Leadership Result at 11am !! on 13:59 - Sep 16 with 1067 viewsQPR_John

It is not about the content though is it. It is a symbol of the country, like a myriad of other countries though out the world before it being accused of xenophobia, and for somebody who wants to lead the country, unlike a footballer, it might be thought appropriate to sing it.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2015 13:59]
Labour Leadership Result at 11am !! on 13:59 - Sep 16 with 1064 viewsAgedR

He maintained a dignified silence in respect of those that fell defending the right to choose whether or not to sing along to an anthem that promotes a metaphysical devotion to a monarchy that wasn't even sure which country to support during the war that the remembrance is from.

Meanwhile more "freedoms" wrestled from employers over 100s of years of struggle are threatened by the trade union bill.

" If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever."

George Orwell
[Post edited 16 Sep 2015 14:00]

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Labour Leadership Result at 11am !! on 14:02 - Sep 16 with 1054 viewsKonk

Labour Leadership Result at 11am !! on 13:46 - Sep 16 by LythamR

exactly
i dont sing it for the same reasons, hypocritical to sing it if you don't believe it, wouldn't singing it make him a bit of a liar

Dont we want and expect our politicians to be truthful

He's a hypocrite if he sings it and a fifth columnist if he doesn't. I stand at football for the National anthem, but don't sing along, and in church, I'll stand quietly during hymns and prayers. I'm an atheist and Republican, so not sure why I should be singing the praises of either God or the Royal family. Same for Jeremy Corbyn.

If we had a National anthem that actually referenced our country every now and then rather than an appalling ars e-licking durge, I'm sure he'd be very happy to belt it out. Simon Dancuzk again being a complete cu nt about this in the media this morning.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Labour Leadership Result at 11am !! on 14:23 - Sep 16 with 1026 viewsLblock

If you dont sing the National Anthem then you should be horse whipped and drummed out of the country

Our National Anthem when younger, and to this day, is "Keep On Movin'" by Soul II Soul

On a serious note -- I'd be bellowing the anthem out and for me it's a big God Save the Queen
Sorted

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Labour Leadership Result at 11am !! on 14:24 - Sep 16 with 1026 viewsLythamR

Labour Leadership Result at 11am !! on 13:59 - Sep 16 by QPR_John

It is not about the content though is it. It is a symbol of the country, like a myriad of other countries though out the world before it being accused of xenophobia, and for somebody who wants to lead the country, unlike a footballer, it might be thought appropriate to sing it.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2015 13:59]

He would be a hypocrite to sing it

its an anthem writen for a german king glorying in violence and kicking the crap out of the oldest indigenous people of this island

I dont want to be reigned over and neither does Jezza apparently, I am always respectful of it but i choose not to join in the audience participation

if we had a more modern and credible anthem extolling the virtues and excellence of our nation then that would be a different matter
Labour Leadership Result at 11am !! on 14:53 - Sep 16 with 998 viewsCamberleyR

Since when did it become the done thing to sing along to the National Anthem? People never used to sing it 60/70 years ago when cinemas used to play it at the end of the night after showing a feature, people used to stand in silence while it played.

I presume these tabloid writers getting themselves into a lather used to sing along when in the old days television used to play it before closing down?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

Labour Leadership Result at 11am !! on 15:04 - Sep 16 with 976 views2Thomas2Bowles

What has this mythical God got to save her from anyway

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Labour Leadership Result at 11am !! on 15:09 - Sep 16 with 969 viewsCliff

Labour Leadership Result at 11am !! on 15:04 - Sep 16 by 2Thomas2Bowles

What has this mythical God got to save her from anyway

Assassins and rebellious Scots apparently!
Labour Leadership Result at 11am !! on 15:15 - Sep 16 with 954 views2Thomas2Bowles

Labour Leadership Result at 11am !! on 15:09 - Sep 16 by Cliff

Assassins and rebellious Scots apparently!

Well that's cleared that up then.

Labour Leadership Result at 11am !! on 15:19 - Sep 16 with 946 viewsQPR_John

Labour Leadership Result at 11am !! on 14:24 - Sep 16 by LythamR

He would be a hypocrite to sing it

its an anthem writen for a german king glorying in violence and kicking the crap out of the oldest indigenous people of this island

I dont want to be reigned over and neither does Jezza apparently, I am always respectful of it but i choose not to join in the audience participation

if we had a more modern and credible anthem extolling the virtues and excellence of our nation then that would be a different matter

You miss the point nobody cares if you sing it, nobody cares if I sing it but it makes news if the Prime Minister or somebody who wishes to become Prime Minister does not. Interestingly he has chosen to become a member of the privy council and I am happy to accept not as Jeremy Corbyn but as leader of her majesty's opposition
Labour Leadership Result at 11am !! on 15:19 - Sep 16 with 1554 viewsTacticalR

Labour Leadership Result at 11am !! on 15:15 - Sep 16 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Well that's cleared that up then.

I am worried he is going to set fire to the Queen.

Air hostess clique

Labour Leadership Result at 11am !! on 15:35 - Sep 16 with 1532 viewsbob566

Labour Leadership Result at 11am !! on 15:19 - Sep 16 by TacticalR

Labour Leadership Result at 11am !! on 15:36 - Sep 16 with 1532 views2Thomas2Bowles

Labour Leadership Result at 11am !! on 15:19 - Sep 16 by TacticalR

More likely ask her if she is in a union

Labour Leadership Result at 11am !! on 15:40 - Sep 16 with 1525 viewsTacticalR

Labour Leadership Result at 11am !! on 15:36 - Sep 16 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Monarchy. It's a closed shop with a job for life.

Air hostess clique

Labour Leadership Result at 11am !! on 15:41 - Sep 16 with 1522 viewsElHoop

Labour Leadership Result at 11am !! on 15:36 - Sep 16 by 2Thomas2Bowles

What's her employment status then?

Is she a public sector worker, employed by the state? She can't be, she's the Queen.

I'd have thought that she's self-employed and getting tax credits, but I'm not sure.
Labour Leadership Result at 11am !! on 15:43 - Sep 16 with 1515 viewsCiderwithRsie

Listening to his explanation and to his Prime Minister's Questions performance, so far he keeps doing things which grab attention (not singing the anthem, cloud-sourcing his PMQs) and then droning soporifically when interviewed.

Might be a cunning plan - traditionally a problem with leading the opposition is the government sets the agenda, but Corbyn has (deliberately or not) dominated the news agenda, but then sounds non-threatening when you hear him, making the faux outrage of opponents sound a bit silly to my ears.

Genuinely intrigued as to how this is going to turn out.
Labour Leadership Result at 11am !! on 16:25 - Sep 16 with 1480 viewsLythamR

http://newsthump.com/2015/09/16/god-refusing-to-save-the-queen-after-jeremy-corb

Made me laugh
Labour Leadership Result at 11am !! on 18:12 - Sep 16 with 1408 viewsDorse

I have to say that I have been very impressed with this thread. Not ONE of us has mentioned Gloria de Piero, imagining her leaning over the ballot box, her eyes smouldering, a stray strand of hair falling across her face, as she breathlessly makes an argument in favour of increased NHS funding for mental health.

Kudos all round. I'm proud of us.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024