Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh Tourism 10:58 - Jul 17 with 47234 viewsDr_Winston

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/jul/16/huge-market-untapped-lack-of-vis

Already on its knees in recent years thanks to the Welsh Govts unnecessarily heavy Covid restrictions, refusal to deal with M4 congestion and seeming intention to actually make getting around in Wales even harder. To top that off we've still got the mooted tourist tax to come.

Is there anything in this country that they can't screw up?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Welsh Tourism on 16:39 - Jul 27 with 1283 viewsWhiterockin

Welsh Tourism on 16:32 - Jul 27 by Kilkennyjack

Much better that Johnson and Truss.

It's tiresome that a particular poster continues to hijack threads for his own personal agenda. He's doing himself and his cause no favours.
Welsh Tourism on 17:15 - Jul 27 with 1239 viewsFlashberryjack

Welsh Tourism on 16:39 - Jul 27 by Whiterockin

It's tiresome that a particular poster continues to hijack threads for his own personal agenda. He's doing himself and his cause no favours.

I don't pay any attention to his monotonous arse dribble.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Welsh Tourism on 17:47 - Jul 27 with 1227 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh Tourism on 16:19 - Jul 27 by Kilkennyjack

And of all those many different circumstances then not one has ever asked to return.

Its almost like none ever needed London at all.
Its just that London said they needed London.

Just like Wales does not really need London.
Its just London that says it does.

See how this works.

No, because none of them are landlocked to England, have England as their biggest trading partner, get a vote in UK general elections so have a say in government or get 15 billion per year from Westminster.

If they all had those circumstances then who knows.

It's almost like you don't understand anything...well when I say almost we all know what I mean
Welsh Tourism on 17:54 - Jul 27 with 1203 viewsunion_jack

Welsh Tourism on 17:47 - Jul 27 by SullutaCreturned

No, because none of them are landlocked to England, have England as their biggest trading partner, get a vote in UK general elections so have a say in government or get 15 billion per year from Westminster.

It's almost like you don't understand anything...well when I say almost we all know what I mean

😂😂😂

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Welsh Tourism on 18:08 - Jul 27 with 1196 viewsReslovenSwan1

Welsh Tourism on 17:47 - Jul 27 by SullutaCreturned

15 billion of what? Pound sterling presumably but even that is not true. Wales needs much more than that to get by. That is only ÂŁ5,000 per head. Not enough.

The ÂŁ15m is actually the notional deficit between what is collected in taxes and paid out by central Government.

The reason for the deficit is multi fold but most companies have head quarters in London. Like most things concentration of customers leads to efficiencies of scale for utilities and transport general productivity etc. Many areas of UK run a notional deficit.

I as a Welsh person do not waste much time thinking about the notional deficit. It is largely an accountancy issue and something for centralist to bash We;sh people on the head with. Wales works hard in fields that have lower profit margins but are vital never the less to the national UK well being. . Farming mining in the past and manufacturing.

If you want to discuss these things you have to be precise especially if dishing out lectures to others.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Welsh Tourism on 18:11 - Jul 27 with 1196 viewsjohnlangy

Welsh Tourism on 11:24 - Jul 27 by felixstowe_jack

No where have I said that 65% want to abolish the Senedd. I just pointed out that only 35% could be bothered to express an opinion on granting the Senedd more power or keeping the status quo.

As you brought up the last senedd elections only 46% of voters could be bothered to vote which is a sad reflection on views of Welsh voting public.

What you said was 'As there was no option to abolish the Welsh Assembly on the voting paper 65% of voters, most who don't want an Assembly, had no option other than not to vote'.

You're right in saying that you didn't say 65% want to abolish the Senedd. But you did say that most of the 65% don't want an Assembly. I took that as being around 40%. Which is just one tenth of the number who voted for the ATWA party.

I totally agree that it's sad that only 46% voted at the last election.
Welsh Tourism on 21:53 - Jul 27 with 1145 viewsmajorraglan

Welsh Tourism on 11:32 - Jul 27 by felixstowe_jack

Fortunately they were not in power long enough to do any real damage. The ÂŁ has increased by 20% against the $ since their budget, the UK avoided recession unlike the EU and Germany.

Gordon Brown raid on pension funds has resulted in long term damage every member of a private conpqny pension scheme has seen reduction in their pension, most final salary pension private schemes have closed.

What this has to do with Welsh Tourism is beyond me though.

….. and Cameron, May, Boris, Truss and Sunak have had 13 years to reverse the changes, but have they? No, they’ve cracked on and taken even more money increasing the tax take to its highest ever levels, while companies are funnelling cash off shore.

For what it’s worth I thought Brown was wrong to do what he did. Pensions have been abused for many years and what is really annoying is when big corporations dip in to their workers pension pots.
Welsh Tourism on 22:07 - Jul 27 with 1126 viewsWhiterockin

Welsh Tourism on 21:53 - Jul 27 by majorraglan

….. and Cameron, May, Boris, Truss and Sunak have had 13 years to reverse the changes, but have they? No, they’ve cracked on and taken even more money increasing the tax take to its highest ever levels, while companies are funnelling cash off shore.

For what it’s worth I thought Brown was wrong to do what he did. Pensions have been abused for many years and what is really annoying is when big corporations dip in to their workers pension pots.

This has nothing to do with the core subject, but wasn't the biggest pension injustice when the Conservative party raised the pension age for women to the same as men, without consultation and allowing time for alternative measures to be in place. Basically women of a certain age had their pension pot plundered without time to make other arrangements.
Login to get fewer ads

Welsh Tourism on 08:23 - Jul 28 with 1048 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Tourism on 22:07 - Jul 27 by Whiterockin

This has nothing to do with the core subject, but wasn't the biggest pension injustice when the Conservative party raised the pension age for women to the same as men, without consultation and allowing time for alternative measures to be in place. Basically women of a certain age had their pension pot plundered without time to make other arrangements.

And the Tories the party for people who work hard too.
They have an appalling legacy.
As regards pensions,Police are probably most affected by their “reforms” and think Fire Fighters got similarly shafted .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Welsh Tourism on 08:51 - Jul 28 with 1050 viewsDr_Winston

Welsh Tourism on 22:07 - Jul 27 by Whiterockin

There may have been sound reasons for it at the time, but I do often wonder why, when Women generally live longer and throughout history have tended to work less physically demanding jobs, that the pension age was ever lower for them in the first place.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Welsh Tourism on 09:03 - Jul 28 with 1025 viewsonehunglow

Male manual Labour physically harder but overall the work women do as regards bringing up a family is far more mentally demanding.
Many men impregnate then leave the woman to it.
Historically ,many women had several jobs just to get by and feed clothe kids .
Many men drank away their wages and again women left to it including running the household finances .
Male jobs stopped when women were just starting their evening shift . Their “ job” was 24/7 and sometimes still is.

Throughout history ,men have sought to subjugate women and pensions just an another example of men trying to control and often failing .
[Post edited 28 Jul 2023 9:07]

Welsh Tourism on 10:05 - Jul 28 with 1002 viewsWhiterockin

Welsh Tourism on 08:51 - Jul 28 by Dr_Winston

There may have been sound reasons for it at the time, but I do often wonder why, when Women generally live longer and throughout history have tended to work less physically demanding jobs, that the pension age was ever lower for them in the first place.

There needed to be a leveling up but it needed to be administered correctly, it was not. The ombudsman is looking into this and was due to reach their conclusion early this year, this has now been put back to later this year.

This is the current state of play with the ombudsman.

Stage one of our investigation found that between 1995 and 2004, DWP’s communication of changes to State Pension age reflected the standards we would expect it to meet. 

But in 2005, DWP failed to make a reasonable decision about targeting information to the women affected by these changes. That was maladministration.

In 2006, DWP proposed writing to women individually to tell them about changes to State Pension age but it failed to act promptly. That was also maladministration. 
Welsh Tourism on 11:17 - Jul 28 with 968 viewsWhiterockin

Welsh Tourism on 10:05 - Jul 28 by Whiterockin

There needed to be a leveling up but it needed to be administered correctly, it was not. The ombudsman is looking into this and was due to reach their conclusion early this year, this has now been put back to later this year.

This is the current state of play with the ombudsman.

Stage one of our investigation found that between 1995 and 2004, DWP’s communication of changes to State Pension age reflected the standards we would expect it to meet. 

But in 2005, DWP failed to make a reasonable decision about targeting information to the women affected by these changes. That was maladministration.

In 2006, DWP proposed writing to women individually to tell them about changes to State Pension age but it failed to act promptly. That was also maladministration. 

Apologies for moving the thread off topic, sometimes when you reply to a post you don't notice the original topic.
Welsh Tourism on 11:39 - Jul 28 with 955 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh Tourism on 08:23 - Jul 28 by onehunglow

And the Tories the party for people who work hard too.
They have an appalling legacy.
As regards pensions,Police are probably most affected by their “reforms” and think Fire Fighters got similarly shafted .

Being able to retire on a full pension after 30 years service while people in private firms usually have to work at least 40 years and don't get their work pensions until 65. Just shows how cushy jobs in the public sector are all subsidised by taxpayers.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Welsh Tourism on 13:06 - Jul 28 with 929 viewsDr_Winston

Welsh Tourism on 11:39 - Jul 28 by felixstowe_jack

Being able to retire on a full pension after 30 years service while people in private firms usually have to work at least 40 years and don't get their work pensions until 65. Just shows how cushy jobs in the public sector are all subsidised by taxpayers.

I think it's fair to say that you don't have any idea what you're talking about.

There may still be the odd outliers like Police, Fire or Armed Forces, but the overwhelming majority of Civil Servants can only claim a partial pension from the age of 55, the value of which depends upon your total length of service. You can delay claiming the pension after that so the value will increase, but not by much. Most people take a pension at 60 but still work part time as it's not enough to live on comfortably.

Whereas I know lots of people who retired well before 60 on full private pensions with big lump sums.

Welsh Tourism on 13:18 - Jul 28 with 913 viewsonehunglow

Pension laws have radically changed
Please read my post
They have been shafted

Welsh Tourism on 14:07 - Jul 28 with 893 viewsGwyn737

You’ve absolutely drunk the Kool Aid.

Anyone in teaching since 2007 will keep going till aged 67 at least.

You’ve really got to leave The Mail alone.
Welsh Tourism on 14:34 - Jul 28 with 873 viewsWhiterockin

Welsh Tourism on 14:07 - Jul 28 by Gwyn737

Just imagine a 67 year old PE teacher.
Welsh Tourism on 15:08 - Jul 28 with 841 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Tourism on 14:07 - Jul 28 by Gwyn737

I’m losing it.
That first sentence ,mun

Welsh Tourism on 15:42 - Jul 28 with 836 viewsmajorraglan

Welsh Tourism on 14:34 - Jul 28 by Whiterockin

Or a 59 year old cop dealing with a drugged up or alcohol fuelled youngster intent on causing trouble. It’s madness.

Boris has reversed the cuts to policing caused by Cameron and May as part of their austerity programme, but what’s not being reported is that police forces are still having to make cuts to their budgets. The only way the police can make the savings required is by cutting staff numbers, so in effect what will happen is that civilians staff numbers will be reduced and they will be replaced by cops. The functions performed by the civilian staff still need to be completed, so cops will be transferred from the front line to civilian roles.

Thread derailed again. 🙈
Welsh Tourism on 15:44 - Jul 28 with 831 viewsGwyn737

Welsh Tourism on 14:34 - Jul 28 by Whiterockin

Or a Reception teacher!
Welsh Tourism on 15:56 - Jul 28 with 824 viewsWhiterockin

Welsh Tourism on 15:44 - Jul 28 by Gwyn737

Or a Reception teacher!

True
Welsh Tourism on 16:16 - Jul 28 with 809 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh Tourism on 15:42 - Jul 28 by majorraglan

Or a 59 year old cop dealing with a drugged up or alcohol fuelled youngster intent on causing trouble. It’s madness.

Boris has reversed the cuts to policing caused by Cameron and May as part of their austerity programme, but what’s not being reported is that police forces are still having to make cuts to their budgets. The only way the police can make the savings required is by cutting staff numbers, so in effect what will happen is that civilians staff numbers will be reduced and they will be replaced by cops. The functions performed by the civilian staff still need to be completed, so cops will be transferred from the front line to civilian roles.

Thread derailed again. 🙈

They need to get rid of the PCSO's and community support officers and use that money to take on more police.

it is always a puzzle to me, I know prces everywhere have gone up but why is it, in a time when we pay more taxes than ever before that there are still so many cuts going on?

Where is the money going?

It's why our gas/water/electric need to be nationalised with profits used to invest in infrastructure and any profits after that going to the exchequer. We need fewer politicians, fewer LGA's in Wales certainly and less moneywasted on things many consider pointless.

I mean, I love history but why spend billions of tax payers money on sprucing up Westminster when the schools, police and NHS are struggling. it'd be cheaper and better to build a new parliament outsde London and with it blocks of flats to house all the MP's when they are in London, no more constituency homes but instead a designated flat for every constituency and an office in that constituency for every MP all bought and paid for centrally with all that expense fiddling removed from the equation.

All these costs are replicated here in Wales by an equally corrupt system.
Welsh Tourism on 15:51 - Jul 29 with 698 viewsKilkennyjack

So the English are now anti-English …. ?

Felix ?

See …. its not anti-English after all … its just common sense.

Beware of the Risen People

Welsh Tourism on 17:52 - Jul 29 with 684 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh Tourism on 15:51 - Jul 29 by Kilkennyjack

So the English are now anti-English …. ?

Felix ?

See …. its not anti-English after all … its just common sense.

It's not a policy I disagree with. I'd go further, I'd make all lanlords pay council tax on their properties that get rented out to students. But to keep costs for students down there would need to be rules around rental tariffs, a profit margin would need to be set and closely monitored.

I've seen student accomodation in Swansea that is terrible yet still expensive.

That may be a terrible idea, others on here can point out any problems but I have seen streets in Brynmill ruined by HMO's with rubbish strewed all over and permanent residents having to bear the cost. Some landlords have gotten rich renting out virtual slums and ignore the problems their renters impose on the neighbourhood.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024