Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cover versions better than the originals 20:36 - May 1 with 18984 viewsDr_Winston

I'll start you off with a couple.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cover versions better than the originals (n/t) (n/t) (n/t) on 07:00 - May 2 with 1655 viewsblackpooljack

[Post edited 2 May 2020 7:11]
Cover versions better than the originals on 08:12 - May 2 with 1616 viewsWarwickHunt

Saw the Sutherland Brothers do this at the Patti.

Cover versions better than the originals on 08:16 - May 2 with 1606 viewsWarwickHunt

*incoming*
Cover versions better than the originals on 08:23 - May 2 with 1600 viewsexhmrc1

Alison Krauss version of Keith Whitley's hit
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=alison+krauss&docid=608029066513615396&mid=
Cover versions better than the originals on 08:23 - May 2 with 1598 viewstaffpunk

I always liked SAHB's cover versions, Cheek To Cheek, Crazy Horses, Framed, Schools Out etc...Penthouse Tapes was a great album full of such tracks.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Cover versions better than the originals on 08:26 - May 2 with 1595 viewsblackpooljack

Probably the greatest synth solo ever.
[Post edited 2 May 2020 8:27]
Cover versions better than the originals on 08:37 - May 2 with 1581 viewsexhmrc1

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Nanci+Griffith+From+a+Distance&&view=detail

Nanci Griffith
Cover versions better than the originals on 08:42 - May 2 with 1579 viewsWarwickHunt

Cover versions better than the originals on 08:26 - May 2 by blackpooljack

Probably the greatest synth solo ever.
[Post edited 2 May 2020 8:27]

You’re dead to me now.

Anyhoo - this is how you cover a classic ...on a fûcking borrowed guitar!
Most people don’t know George is one of the greatest guitarists who ever drew breath...

Login to get fewer ads

Cover versions better than the originals on 08:52 - May 2 with 1573 viewsepaul

ok a bit of a joke.......

however

I was there for this one....

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Cover versions better than the originals on 09:21 - May 2 with 1562 viewsFieryJack

Cover versions better than the originals on 08:42 - May 2 by WarwickHunt

You’re dead to me now.

Most people don’t know George is one of the greatest guitarists who ever drew breath...

George Benson. Blinding guitarist. Class.
Cover versions better than the originals on 09:50 - May 2 with 1544 viewsWarwickHunt

Cover versions better than the originals on 09:21 - May 2 by FieryJack

George Benson. Blinding guitarist. Class.

Yep. This album’s a killer.

Cover versions better than the originals on 10:23 - May 2 with 1520 viewsMuteswan

Cover versions better than the originals on 08:42 - May 2 by WarwickHunt

You’re dead to me now.

Saw him do this in his concert in Portugal. Awesome. My favourite guitarist.
Cover versions better than the originals on 10:26 - May 2 with 1512 viewstheloneranger

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Cover versions better than the originals on 10:34 - May 2 with 1498 viewstheloneranger

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Cover versions better than the originals on 10:36 - May 2 with 1494 viewsNortbankboy

Cover versions better than the originals on 10:34 - May 2 by theloneranger

Cover versions better than the originals on 10:38 - May 2 with 1491 viewsNortbankboy

Cover versions better than the originals on 10:36 - May 2 by Nortbankboy

Can't copy and paste.
But listen to "they joe" by Otis Taylor brilliant
Cover versions better than the originals on 10:43 - May 2 with 1482 viewsjacktar

Cover versions better than the originals on 21:13 - May 1 by Dr_Winston

Hmmm.

I like the Foos but not sure about that one.

I like the Foos version of Band on the Run.
Excellent live version here, Grohl's vocals just leave McCartney in the shade.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Cover versions better than the originals on 10:49 - May 2 with 1468 viewsSwanjaxs

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Cover versions better than the originals on 11:34 - May 2 with 1431 viewsMuteswan

Stick with this one...

Mozart/ Metallica

Cover versions better than the originals on 12:16 - May 2 with 1408 viewssherpajacob

Cover versions better than the originals on 22:06 - May 1 by sP7qupUf

Suppose its all about opinions but can't see how Step On comes near He's Going To Step On You Again by John Kongos. Do like the Leg mind, Paralysed is something else!!

the first time I heard "Step on" I knew straight away I'd heard the song before with this version by Alan Lancaster's band. I didn't know that was a cover version itself.

[Post edited 2 May 2020 12:17]

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Cover versions better than the originals on 12:32 - May 2 with 1402 viewssherpajacob

Not just the best cover version, but possibly the best thing ever recorded.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Cover versions better than the originals on 12:32 - May 2 with 1401 viewsWxmJax

Cover versions better than the originals on 22:01 - May 1 by FieryJack

Having said all that, this is better than Dylan's original:

Although Dylan wrote it, this is the first recording of it. Much better than Adele's. Innnnnnnnn your face ?
Adele sings the words, this version feels them.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Cover versions better than the originals on 13:17 - May 2 with 1383 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ok it’s touch and go with Andy Williams’s version which was also excellent but this is a superb reworking

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Cover versions better than the originals on 14:40 - May 2 with 1340 viewsWarwickHunt

Cover versions better than the originals on 12:32 - May 2 by WxmJax

Although Dylan wrote it, this is the first recording of it. Much better than Adele's. Innnnnnnnn your face ?
Adele sings the words, this version feels them.

Billy Joel...well I never! 😂
Cover versions better than the originals on 14:51 - May 2 with 1335 viewslondonlisa2001

Can’t believe this hasn’t been mentioned.

By far the best cover version of all.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024