Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cover versions better than the originals 20:36 - May 1 with 18983 viewsDr_Winston

I'll start you off with a couple.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cover versions better than the originals on 21:48 - May 1 with 1696 viewscentrestandswan

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Cover versions better than the originals on 21:53 - May 1 with 1689 viewsgadgetuk

Cover versions better than the originals on 21:58 - May 1 with 1683 viewsFieryJack

Cover versions better than the originals on 21:48 - May 1 by centrestandswan

Better than Dylan's original?

Don't think so.

Guns & Roses cover of "Knockin on Heaven's Door" was hysterical garbage and all.
Cover versions better than the originals on 22:01 - May 1 with 1679 viewsFieryJack

Having said all that, this is better than Dylan's original:

Cover versions better than the originals on 22:06 - May 1 with 1673 viewssP7qupUf

Cover versions better than the originals on 20:44 - May 1 by Captain_Sham

[Post edited 1 May 2020 20:45]

Suppose its all about opinions but can't see how Step On comes near He's Going To Step On You Again by John Kongos. Do like the Leg mind, Paralysed is something else!!
Cover versions better than the originals on 22:14 - May 1 with 1656 viewsWxmJax

7 minute live extended version

[Post edited 2 May 2020 9:04]

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Cover versions better than the originals on 22:15 - May 1 with 1653 viewsDr_Winston

Good shout on Blinded by the Light.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cover versions better than the originals on 22:16 - May 1 with 1653 viewsmajorraglan

Prefer this version any day of the week, it’s 11mins long, but there’s great guitar playing in the middle. Crank it up and chill.
[Post edited 1 May 2020 22:19]
Login to get fewer ads

Cover versions better than the originals on 22:16 - May 1 with 1653 viewsswan85

Cover versions better than the originals on 20:51 - May 1 by Dr_Winston

I've been beastly about Country & Western lately, but I'd be amiss to not include this one...

Would have posted that if you hadn’t. Absolutely brilliant version. Some of the furniture is in the Johnny Cash museum in Nashville.

Another cover which (for me) is better (marginally) than the original, Foo Fighters version of Band on the Run.
Cover versions better than the originals on 22:26 - May 1 with 1633 viewsDr_Winston

Cover versions better than the originals on 22:16 - May 1 by swan85

Would have posted that if you hadn’t. Absolutely brilliant version. Some of the furniture is in the Johnny Cash museum in Nashville.

Another cover which (for me) is better (marginally) than the original, Foo Fighters version of Band on the Run.

I suspect we can accept the superiority of the cover version when even the writer/performer of the original accepts that the cover is better.

Cover versions better than the originals on 22:38 - May 1 with 1612 viewsBest_loser

Cover versions better than the originals on 22:48 - May 1 with 1596 viewsThrasher6

Say Hello Say Goodbye....David Gray blows Almond out of the water

Old Town - Corrs blow Thin Lizzy bod...out of the water

Edit: The Corrs is not street wise...but it simply blows Phil Lynotts effort in touch....basically it's a female song....actually know the story but Lynott's agent couldn't resist him taking it on

[Post edited 1 May 2020 22:53]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Cover versions better than the originals on 22:48 - May 1 with 1591 viewsBest_loser

Cover versions better than the originals on 22:26 - May 1 by Dr_Winston

I suspect we can accept the superiority of the cover version when even the writer/performer of the original accepts that the cover is better.

Cover versions better than the originals on 22:52 - May 1 with 1591 viewsWarwickHunt

Cover versions better than the originals on 21:48 - May 1 by centrestandswan

Good shout on the Millie Jackson. Merle Haggard did the original.

A couple more soul versions of country

Cover versions better than the originals on 23:07 - May 1 with 1567 viewsDr_Winston

Cover versions better than the originals (n/t) on 23:07 - May 1 with 1567 viewsmajorraglan

Cover versions better than the originals on 20:51 - May 1 by Dr_Winston

I've been beastly about Country & Western lately, but I'd be amiss to not include this one...

Quality suggestion, outstanding effort by Johnny Cash. Over the last few years I have started to appreciate people like Johnny Cash, he was a very talented guy.
[Post edited 1 May 2020 23:11]
Cover versions better than the originals (n/t) on 23:11 - May 1 with 1558 viewsThrasher6

Was a big Ska fan back in the day.....I had to find out the original sources of all the new Two Tone records...remember getting into the original Ska musics/bands...but slightly worse for wear at the mo...there were many better versions there....but many think that the later ones were better
[Post edited 1 May 2020 23:32]

Cover versions better than the originals on 23:17 - May 1 with 1543 viewsmajorraglan

Cover versions better than the originals (n/t) on 23:11 - May 1 by Thrasher6

Was a big Ska fan back in the day.....I had to find out the original sources of all the new Two Tone records...remember getting into the original Ska musics/bands...but slightly worse for wear at the mo...there were many better versions there....but many think that the later ones were better
[Post edited 1 May 2020 23:32]

Mates father spent time in the Caribbean back in the 50s and 60s building power stations. He came back with a fair collection of records, my mate would play them just to take the pi55 out of his dad’s taste in records. My mate wasn’t impressed when I used to stick up for his old man, he had some really decent Ska and calypso which always seemed upbeat and happy.
Cover versions better than the originals on 23:18 - May 1 with 1539 viewsItchySphincter

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Cover versions better than the originals on 23:46 - May 1 with 1524 viewsThrasher6

Cover versions better than the originals on 23:17 - May 1 by majorraglan

Mates father spent time in the Caribbean back in the 50s and 60s building power stations. He came back with a fair collection of records, my mate would play them just to take the pi55 out of his dad’s taste in records. My mate wasn’t impressed when I used to stick up for his old man, he had some really decent Ska and calypso which always seemed upbeat and happy.

Great story Major....all music is subjective but great to see that you connected straight away with the original ska from your old man's era. Ska had a great back story...and I just wanted more as soon as I got to hear it. A special journey for me..
[Post edited 1 May 2020 23:47]

Cover versions better than the originals on 23:57 - May 1 with 1516 viewsThrasher6

Pickney Girl from Desmond Dekker was a favourite of mind. Dekker did some great covers to be fair very early on...

Edit: Saw Desmond Dekker at the Casa Gil....top end of Queen Street....circa 1984...not sure of the year. Full of skinheads, suedeheads, punks and west indians. Brilliant night. The music reigned...
[Post edited 2 May 2020 0:06]

Cover versions better than the originals on 00:00 - May 2 with 1509 viewsWarwickHunt

Cover versions better than the originals on 23:46 - May 1 by Thrasher6

Great story Major....all music is subjective but great to see that you connected straight away with the original ska from your old man's era. Ska had a great back story...and I just wanted more as soon as I got to hear it. A special journey for me..
[Post edited 1 May 2020 23:47]

Cover versions better than the originals on 00:00 - May 2 with 1508 viewssmoulder

Anything written by Bob Dylan....that anyone has covered.....other people sing Dylans songs better than the man himself.
Cover versions better than the originals on 00:43 - May 2 with 1473 viewstheloneranger

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Cover versions better than the originals on 01:09 - May 2 with 1462 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024