Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johnson 21:28 - Apr 5 with 21041 viewsbuilthjack

In hospital

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Johnson on 15:54 - Apr 10 with 601 viewsHighjack

Johnson on 15:39 - Apr 10 by Catullus

OK, we can agree to disagree but as with all other things it's only a different opinion. The definition of populism..the ordinary people against the elites suggests it could be the majority.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/dec/03/what-is-populism-trump-farage-orban

So maybe populists are the largest individual group? But if experts/analysts and professionals cannot agree what populism is how is any opinion flawed or disproven. All that says is that you believe you are right and I am wrong. Myself, I'd just call it my opinion and move on.

All parties are populist or at least use strategies and slogans that can be construed as populist. “For the many not the few”. “People’s government.” The nationalist parties insist they are the only ones standing up for Scotland or wales against an apathetic elite in England etc.

“Populism” is just a pejorative term really.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Johnson on 16:49 - Apr 10 with 562 viewsDJack

Johnson on 15:39 - Apr 10 by Catullus

OK, we can agree to disagree but as with all other things it's only a different opinion. The definition of populism..the ordinary people against the elites suggests it could be the majority.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/dec/03/what-is-populism-trump-farage-orban

So maybe populists are the largest individual group? But if experts/analysts and professionals cannot agree what populism is how is any opinion flawed or disproven. All that says is that you believe you are right and I am wrong. Myself, I'd just call it my opinion and move on.

"the ordinary people against the elites suggests it could be the majority."

ONLY IF THE MAJORTITY GET ON THE BANDWAGON. Those pushing their populist agenda may capture a swathe of the population but many won't subscribe to either the ideas or the execution.

"So maybe populists are the largest individual group?" They certainly can be...but it doesn't mean that their message is, in deed, correct.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Johnson on 16:54 - Apr 10 with 553 viewsJackfath

Johnson on 16:49 - Apr 10 by DJack

"the ordinary people against the elites suggests it could be the majority."

ONLY IF THE MAJORTITY GET ON THE BANDWAGON. Those pushing their populist agenda may capture a swathe of the population but many won't subscribe to either the ideas or the execution.

"So maybe populists are the largest individual group?" They certainly can be...but it doesn't mean that their message is, in deed, correct.

I love a major tity.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Johnson on 19:19 - Apr 10 with 495 viewsDJack

Johnson on 16:54 - Apr 10 by Jackfath

I love a major tity.

...and as you like it so much there will be no edit.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024