Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johnson 21:28 - Apr 5 with 21044 viewsbuilthjack

In hospital

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Johnson on 12:41 - Apr 7 with 1589 viewsairedale

Well I’m not doing it.
Johnson on 12:41 - Apr 7 with 1588 viewschad

Johnson on 11:28 - Apr 7 by Lohengrin

I doubt the identity of the custodian of nuclear launch codes would rank very high on the list of priorities of most folk at the moment, Lis.

Bluddy hell if it’s in ICU with his ministerial box could be a bit of a mix up with all those red buttons around

Johnson on 12:42 - Apr 7 with 1584 viewsLohengrin

Johnson on 12:36 - Apr 7 by londonlisa2001

Firstly they aren’t in charge, since they have no authority to be in charge. No one, potentially, is in charge. Or someone is that we don’t know about.

Secondly anyone that would be happy with the complete overthrow of democracy is an idiot.

I find your attachment to the parliamentary system, even in the face of its glaringly apparent inadequacies, oddly touching.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Johnson on 12:47 - Apr 7 with 1554 viewslondonlisa2001

Johnson on 12:42 - Apr 7 by Lohengrin

I find your attachment to the parliamentary system, even in the face of its glaringly apparent inadequacies, oddly touching.

I find your overnight change from a repeatedly professed hatred of non democratic regimes to seeing no problem with it simply because of a mistaken belief in who you think is in charge to be astonishing.
Johnson on 12:47 - Apr 7 with 1560 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Johnson on 12:38 - Apr 7 by londonlisa2001

It’s not a case, that I’ve seen, of anyone attributing any particular competence.

It’s more a case of people pointing out that somebody is supposed to be in charge and we don’t know who that is.

I'm surprised you have not seen any questions about Johnson's competence in recent weeks.

David Liddington explained the situation on Newsnight last night, he has been there and done it I tend to believe him. He said in practice the cabinet make decisions together, he said there are very, very few decisions that a PM makes unilaterally, government will go on pretty much as usual with Raab is the appointed deputy.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Johnson on 12:52 - Apr 7 with 1535 viewslondonlisa2001

Johnson on 12:47 - Apr 7 by JACKMANANDBOY

I'm surprised you have not seen any questions about Johnson's competence in recent weeks.

David Liddington explained the situation on Newsnight last night, he has been there and done it I tend to believe him. He said in practice the cabinet make decisions together, he said there are very, very few decisions that a PM makes unilaterally, government will go on pretty much as usual with Raab is the appointed deputy.

I’ve seen loads of questions about his competence. But not that are relevant to this discussion.

It’s the ‘very, very few decisions’ that’s the disturbing bit. The first thing any PM does is write letters to the commanders of the nuclear submarines with instructions. The very first thing. Has Raab done that? Does he have the authority of the PM now?

Plus it’s the PM who appoints the cabinet. And gets rid of them.
Johnson on 12:53 - Apr 7 with 1536 viewsLohengrin

Johnson on 12:47 - Apr 7 by londonlisa2001

I find your overnight change from a repeatedly professed hatred of non democratic regimes to seeing no problem with it simply because of a mistaken belief in who you think is in charge to be astonishing.

I’ve never doubted that people have the right to elect and remove their representatives, Lis. It’s the parliamentary system with its geographical franchise and enshrined rule of the inexpert that I find and have always found risible.

And I’m right!

Johnson on 12:53 - Apr 7 with 1532 viewslonglostjack

Johnson on 11:11 - Apr 7 by londonlisa2001

Gove is now self isolating. Family member with symptoms.

This is a shambles. Surely some of them are being kept quarantined from everyone to ensure they stay healthy.

Hatching a plot probably. 😂

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Johnson on 12:59 - Apr 7 with 1511 viewslondonlisa2001

Johnson on 12:53 - Apr 7 by Lohengrin

I’ve never doubted that people have the right to elect and remove their representatives, Lis. It’s the parliamentary system with its geographical franchise and enshrined rule of the inexpert that I find and have always found risible.

And I’m right!

But that is irrelevant to the discussion.

What elected person is currently in charge? If that can’t be answered, there is a huge problem.
Johnson on 13:10 - Apr 7 with 1489 viewsLohengrin

Johnson on 12:59 - Apr 7 by londonlisa2001

What elected person is currently in charge? If that can’t be answered, there is a huge problem.

Gove has just been on the box and the gist of what he’s been saying is that Raab has been authorised to chair meetings and governance is a Cabinet round table affair.

Rest easy, love. For the time being the children still have their hands on the wheel.

Johnson on 13:16 - Apr 7 with 1466 viewsDarran

Johnson on 13:10 - Apr 7 by Lohengrin

Gove has just been on the box and the gist of what he’s been saying is that Raab has been authorised to chair meetings and governance is a Cabinet round table affair.

Rest easy, love. For the time being the children still have their hands on the wheel.

Whether there had been an official announcement or not it was quite obvious it was Raab,well to normal people it was anyway.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Johnson on 13:53 - Apr 7 with 1392 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Johnson on 12:52 - Apr 7 by londonlisa2001

I’ve seen loads of questions about his competence. But not that are relevant to this discussion.

It’s the ‘very, very few decisions’ that’s the disturbing bit. The first thing any PM does is write letters to the commanders of the nuclear submarines with instructions. The very first thing. Has Raab done that? Does he have the authority of the PM now?

Plus it’s the PM who appoints the cabinet. And gets rid of them.

My opinion rather than informed judgement is that the UK would be unlikely ever to take unilateral nuclear action, in this respect I hold more concerns about Trump.

My experience of the senior civil service is that these are highly capable people and do most of the heavy lifting, the decision making has to be more evidence based at these times and less purely political.

Personally I'm not overly excited by this, but that's just how I feel having listen to a few experienced people talk about the working of Government and having worked with a number of senior civil servants. I could be mistaken but there is nothing I can do about it anyway.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Johnson on 13:58 - Apr 7 with 1375 viewsHighjack

Johnson on 12:59 - Apr 7 by londonlisa2001

The last time this sort of thing happened was when Tony Blair went in to hospital because of a problem with his heart, but after days of searching the doctors failed to find one.

Time to bring back the deputy prime minister role maybe?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Johnson on 14:01 - Apr 7 with 1370 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Presumably the submarine commanders are continuing to use Boris’ instructions?

Is COBRA meeting regularly at this time of national crisis? There is provision for COBRA to meet during an election campaign should it be deemed necessary by the PM even though there are technically no MPs at the time.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Johnson on 14:08 - Apr 7 with 1348 viewsjack_lord

Johnson on 14:01 - Apr 7 by Joe_bradshaw

Presumably the submarine commanders are continuing to use Boris’ instructions?

Is COBRA meeting regularly at this time of national crisis? There is provision for COBRA to meet during an election campaign should it be deemed necessary by the PM even though there are technically no MPs at the time.

Simple answer yes. The emergency committee has been meeting regularly.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Johnson on 14:26 - Apr 7 with 1304 viewsjack_lord

Johnson on 13:10 - Apr 7 by Lohengrin

If Raab gets ill the chair will pass to the chancellor. This is the time since Churchill had his stroke back in the 1950's that we have seen a leader issue like this ( though withid covid ). There was a bill raised a few years ago that tried to get a temporary PM position in a position like we are in now due to the lack of a written constitution but as I sad earlier, all of these things are dealt within the Cabinet.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Johnson on 15:02 - Apr 7 with 1262 viewsHumpty

Johnson on 14:26 - Apr 7 by jack_lord

If Raab gets ill the chair will pass to the chancellor. This is the time since Churchill had his stroke back in the 1950's that we have seen a leader issue like this ( though withid covid ). There was a bill raised a few years ago that tried to get a temporary PM position in a position like we are in now due to the lack of a written constitution but as I sad earlier, all of these things are dealt within the Cabinet.

And if the chancellor gets ill it passes to the charming Priti and then Gove.

Someone wrap Sunak up in cotton wool. Please.
Johnson on 15:53 - Apr 7 with 1198 viewsItchySphincter

Johnson on 15:02 - Apr 7 by Humpty

And if the chancellor gets ill it passes to the charming Priti and then Gove.

Someone wrap Sunak up in cotton wool. Please.

If it passes right down to Priti even more people will die. She is ruthless and morally questionable.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Johnson on 16:05 - Apr 7 with 1175 viewsDarran

Seems like he’s a lot better and up to his usual tricks.

Johnson on 16:13 - Apr 7 with 1156 viewschad

Thanks Darran I think that confirms for the doubters that he is not on a ventilator
Johnson on 16:36 - Apr 7 with 1129 viewsDarran

Johnson on 16:13 - Apr 7 by chad

Thanks Darran I think that confirms for the doubters that he is not on a ventilator

😂

Johnson on 19:40 - Apr 7 with 983 viewswaynekerr55

Johnson on 09:32 - Apr 7 by monmouth

Possibly. More likely they're all just cacking in their pants Loh. Never mind the next 3 months, the truck is totally out of control and they can imagine the next 10 years whoever is in 'power', and she sure aint pretty.

Correct. Hopefully this will consign this period of populism to the bin where it belongs.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Johnson on 20:22 - Apr 7 with 909 viewsswanforthemoney

It was widely reported on March 3rd that BoJo was happy to be shaking hands with virus patients.
He must have had many briefings about how contagious and infectious it is.
It shows what dreadful judgement he possesses that he would have behaved like that.
To think that joker is supposedly running the Country beggars belief.

I stand in the North Stand

Johnson on 20:56 - Apr 7 with 861 viewsFlashberryjack

Johnson on 19:40 - Apr 7 by waynekerr55

Correct. Hopefully this will consign this period of populism to the bin where it belongs.

I'm not into all these political terms, so I googled "Populist" this is what come up.

Populism is the name of political movements. These movements usually make a difference between the common man, or the common people, and a political elite. ... They want to help the common people get some of the rights and privileges of the elites.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Johnson on 21:06 - Apr 7 with 827 viewslonglostjack

Johnson on 20:56 - Apr 7 by Flashberryjack

I'm not into all these political terms, so I googled "Populist" this is what come up.

Populism is the name of political movements. These movements usually make a difference between the common man, or the common people, and a political elite. ... They want to help the common people get some of the rights and privileges of the elites.

That’s been hacked by Putin’s lot Flash.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024