Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johnson 21:28 - Apr 5 with 21043 viewsbuilthjack

In hospital

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Johnson on 21:11 - Apr 7 with 1751 viewsFlashberryjack

Johnson on 21:06 - Apr 7 by longlostjack

That’s been hacked by Putin’s lot Flash.

Them Russians are upto everything...the bystards.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Johnson on 21:17 - Apr 7 with 1727 viewsLeonWasGod

Johnson on 20:56 - Apr 7 by Flashberryjack

I'm not into all these political terms, so I googled "Populist" this is what come up.

Populism is the name of political movements. These movements usually make a difference between the common man, or the common people, and a political elite. ... They want to help the common people get some of the rights and privileges of the elites.

Populism is indeep to appeal to the needs and concerns of the common man, but it's being taken further. They're not doing it to help us peasants, but as a means to secure our backing in order to to increase the rights and privileges of the elites (especially those who've financially backed those seeking the power).

It's what's been happening for about the last 4 years here an in the US, in plain view. If you're not aware of it you must have been living in a cave

There's always been an element of it of course, it's just been ramped up to ridiculous levels. And/or they've stopped trying to hide it as they're so secure in their support.
Johnson on 21:41 - Apr 7 with 1675 viewsbuilthjack

Johnson on 20:22 - Apr 7 by swanforthemoney

It was widely reported on March 3rd that BoJo was happy to be shaking hands with virus patients.
He must have had many briefings about how contagious and infectious it is.
It shows what dreadful judgement he possesses that he would have behaved like that.
To think that joker is supposedly running the Country beggars belief.

It's either arrogance or stupidity. Or both.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Johnson on 21:51 - Apr 7 with 1653 viewsFlashberryjack

Johnson on 21:17 - Apr 7 by LeonWasGod

Populism is indeep to appeal to the needs and concerns of the common man, but it's being taken further. They're not doing it to help us peasants, but as a means to secure our backing in order to to increase the rights and privileges of the elites (especially those who've financially backed those seeking the power).

It's what's been happening for about the last 4 years here an in the US, in plain view. If you're not aware of it you must have been living in a cave

There's always been an element of it of course, it's just been ramped up to ridiculous levels. And/or they've stopped trying to hide it as they're so secure in their support.

I'm not a peasant, I don't live in a cave and I'm not politically biased.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Johnson on 22:00 - Apr 7 with 1643 viewsjack_lord

Johnson on 21:51 - Apr 7 by Flashberryjack

I'm not a peasant, I don't live in a cave and I'm not politically biased.

people in town think anyone who's from there is.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Johnson on 23:33 - Apr 7 with 1549 viewschad

Johnson on 21:17 - Apr 7 by LeonWasGod

Ever cross your mind it may not be Flash who is the troglodyte ;)
Johnson on 00:42 - Apr 8 with 1502 viewsDJack

Johnson on 11:41 - Apr 7 by Highjack

Yes apart from the space station. And as long as nobody brought the bug on board with them.

ALL astronauts and their support crew, before travelling into space, go into a quarantine.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Johnson on 00:48 - Apr 8 with 1499 viewsDJack

Johnson on 23:33 - Apr 7 by chad

Ever cross your mind it may not be Flash who is the troglodyte ;)

He's got it right and closer to home there is Hungary.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Login to get fewer ads

Johnson on 11:02 - Apr 8 with 1378 viewsCatullus

It's all about perception and intention. According to Blair Populism is bad, maybe that's because he doesn't like the electorate telling politicians what we want and voting out any who don't do as we ask.
Populism has often, in recent years been accused of being radical. What is radical is, in a democracy, the majority voting for something then being told they can't have it or must change their minds because they are stupid, ignorant, uneducated and possibly fascists.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Johnson on 11:13 - Apr 8 with 1366 viewschad

Johnson on 00:48 - Apr 8 by DJack

He's got it right and closer to home there is Hungary.

I assume presenting your personal opinion as absolute flat fact is a mechanism to try and give it more gravitas?

Given it is called populism, possible that your opinion is not shared by most?

Or does the opinion of most not count above the opinion of those who seem to think they know better than most, so need to patronise them with simplistic homilies, whilst potentially looking as if it may be them missing the point.

If a taxi is the only one going where you want to go but you don’t like it’s colour, do you walk. Life generally consists of compromise in order to progress and of course what represents short or long term progress is a matter of opinion. Take globalisation for instance!

Humans will always have different opinions but it might be argued that those so entrenched in their own, that they fail to properly understand or see the merits of those held by others, are the ones living in caves, entombed in their own self perceived superiority.

Just a thought.
Johnson on 11:15 - Apr 8 with 1360 viewsCatullus

Johnson on 11:13 - Apr 8 by chad

I assume presenting your personal opinion as absolute flat fact is a mechanism to try and give it more gravitas?

Or does the opinion of most not count above the opinion of those who seem to think they know better than most, so need to patronise them with simplistic homilies, whilst potentially looking as if it may be them missing the point.

If a taxi is the only one going where you want to go but you don’t like it’s colour, do you walk. Life generally consists of compromise in order to progress and of course what represents short or long term progress is a matter of opinion. Take globalisation for instance!

Humans will always have different opinions but it might be argued that those so entrenched in their own, that they fail to properly understand or see the merits of those held by others, are the ones living in caves, entombed in their own self perceived superiority.

Just a thought.

It's what I wanted to say but you said it much better than I.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Johnson on 11:19 - Apr 8 with 1357 viewschad

Johnson on 11:15 - Apr 8 by Catullus

It's what I wanted to say but you said it much better than I.

Actually that is what I thought about what you posted
Johnson on 00:41 - Apr 9 with 1235 viewsDJack

Johnson on 11:13 - Apr 8 by chad

Just a thought.

Yep, you assume because you couldn't presume...
Nobody on this board looks to me for gravitas and neither do I attempt to provide it and based upon that fact your post is obviously a base attempt to "belittle me" - What a waste of time.
If you don't understand what is happening under Orban, especially with his most recent power grab (with no time limit/scrutiny by elected officials), then perhaps you may look to Poland and the PiS politicising judges and their appointment or the antics of some governors in the US, whilst emboldened by POTUS and his populist announcements - either way in this instance Flash and you are the troglodyte.

There is no definition of populism which states that it is a majoity view...So maybe, maybe not

Opinions are just that, opinions! As to patronising people my irony meter just exploded. The whole tone of your post to which I am replying reeks of you "putting a plebian right". Often you post authoratively and succinctly but there are times when you do not and then...
It reads like a frottage of trite-ness, an intellectuals onanistic proof of their superiority by their use of language and grammer against the great unwashed. BTW, you missed the point and LWG was correct and nobody used a simplistic homilie and no animals were injured.

If a taxi is the only one going where you want to go but you don’t like it’s colour, do you walk. Life generally consists of compromise in order to progress and of course what represents short or long term progress is a matter of opinion. Take globalisation for instance! Compromise is one of the things that has advanced humanity but long term progress is a matter of opinion today only. In the longer term it becomes historical fact.

Here, once again, my irony meter exploded (a new one, obviously). This board is littered with the arguments of you with Uxbridge, Phil, Lisa and others wherein you have not budged one iota, even when further information has been added into the discussion. Also on the point of self perceived superiority, your spats with your bête noire are a source of amusement to us onlookers. Perhaps you might just glance towards the mirror.

Just a thought.

My final thought...during this dark epoch of the novel pestilence where the ephemeral nature of our existence is even more marked and potentially more tragic I will try to avoid rising to your style of posting. Life is too short...literally.

Johnson on 12:16 - Apr 9 with 1112 viewsCatullus

Johnson on 00:41 - Apr 9 by DJack

Yep, you assume because you couldn't presume...
Nobody on this board looks to me for gravitas and neither do I attempt to provide it and based upon that fact your post is obviously a base attempt to "belittle me" - What a waste of time.
If you don't understand what is happening under Orban, especially with his most recent power grab (with no time limit/scrutiny by elected officials), then perhaps you may look to Poland and the PiS politicising judges and their appointment or the antics of some governors in the US, whilst emboldened by POTUS and his populist announcements - either way in this instance Flash and you are the troglodyte.

There is no definition of populism which states that it is a majoity view...So maybe, maybe not

Opinions are just that, opinions! As to patronising people my irony meter just exploded. The whole tone of your post to which I am replying reeks of you "putting a plebian right". Often you post authoratively and succinctly but there are times when you do not and then...
It reads like a frottage of trite-ness, an intellectuals onanistic proof of their superiority by their use of language and grammer against the great unwashed. BTW, you missed the point and LWG was correct and nobody used a simplistic homilie and no animals were injured.

If a taxi is the only one going where you want to go but you don’t like it’s colour, do you walk. Life generally consists of compromise in order to progress and of course what represents short or long term progress is a matter of opinion. Take globalisation for instance! Compromise is one of the things that has advanced humanity but long term progress is a matter of opinion today only. In the longer term it becomes historical fact.

Here, once again, my irony meter exploded (a new one, obviously). This board is littered with the arguments of you with Uxbridge, Phil, Lisa and others wherein you have not budged one iota, even when further information has been added into the discussion. Also on the point of self perceived superiority, your spats with your bête noire are a source of amusement to us onlookers. Perhaps you might just glance towards the mirror.

Just a thought.

My final thought...during this dark epoch of the novel pestilence where the ephemeral nature of our existence is even more marked and potentially more tragic I will try to avoid rising to your style of posting. Life is too short...literally.

Your point about populism, brexit, Orban, weren't those put down to populism?

Populism, a political approach that strives to appeal to ordinary people who feel that their concerns are disregarded by established elite groups.

That's of definiton of it that suggests it's a majority thing because the elites are definitely the minority group compared to ordinary people who are definitely the largest group, aren't they?

Johnson on 19:25 - Apr 9 with 1035 viewsJackinexile1

Boris is out of intensive care
Johnson on 19:29 - Apr 9 with 1026 viewsexiledclaseboy

Johnson on 19:25 - Apr 9 by Jackinexile1

Good news.

Poll: Tory leader

Johnson on 19:57 - Apr 9 with 988 viewsWarwickHunt

Johnson on 19:29 - Apr 9 by exiledclaseboy

Good news.

Bet Gove is pissed off.
Johnson on 19:57 - Apr 9 with 987 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Johnson on 19:29 - Apr 9 by exiledclaseboy

Good news.

Good.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Johnson on 20:41 - Apr 9 with 954 viewsraynor94

Johnson on 19:25 - Apr 9 by Jackinexile1

Excellent news

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Johnson on 23:23 - Apr 9 with 893 viewsDJack

Johnson on 12:16 - Apr 9 by Catullus

Your point about populism, brexit, Orban, weren't those put down to populism?

Populism, a political approach that strives to appeal to ordinary people who feel that their concerns are disregarded by established elite groups.

That's of definiton of it that suggests it's a majority thing because the elites are definitely the minority group compared to ordinary people who are definitely the largest group, aren't they?

1. Did you not read what LWG said?
"Populism is indeep to appeal to the needs and concerns of the common man, but it's being taken further." The taken further bit is cruicial, The grabbing of further power. Orban with the new measures "for Covid", PiS for politicising judges and controlling the appoinments, Trump/Republicans removing the checks and balances

2. Both Brexit and Orban gaining power were not the majority of votes. Brexit has been done to death here but linked is the data on Orban's election the figures for Party lists and FPTP are both less than 50%...Just.

Admittedly Nationalist and conservative parties were the majority but it has been observed all around Europe that the ex-Soviet states veer to the more extremes of the political compass as they come to terms with their "new" found democracy.

Also we have found simple slogans work even though the parties/power base behind them may well be dodgy...get Brexit done, MAGA etc

Johnson on 01:23 - Apr 10 with 861 viewsbuilthjack

Good that he should on the mend.
Now keep him out of the trenches. He was failing miserably.

Johnson on 14:13 - Apr 10 with 778 viewsPegojack

Johnson on 01:23 - Apr 10 by builthjack

Good that he should on the mend.
Now keep him out of the trenches. He was failing miserably.

I dread to think of the right wing media coverage when he emerges from hospital in a few days' time.
Immediate elevation to the sainthood. "I took on coronavirus and whipped it's arse!" etc, etc.
Very little focus on the severe shortages of PPE and testing for the real heroes.
Johnson on 14:33 - Apr 10 with 767 viewsCatullus

Johnson on 23:23 - Apr 9 by DJack

1. Did you not read what LWG said?
"Populism is indeep to appeal to the needs and concerns of the common man, but it's being taken further." The taken further bit is cruicial, The grabbing of further power. Orban with the new measures "for Covid", PiS for politicising judges and controlling the appoinments, Trump/Republicans removing the checks and balances

2. Both Brexit and Orban gaining power were not the majority of votes. Brexit has been done to death here but linked is the data on Orban's election the figures for Party lists and FPTP are both less than 50%...Just.

Admittedly Nationalist and conservative parties were the majority but it has been observed all around Europe that the ex-Soviet states veer to the more extremes of the political compass as they come to terms with their "new" found democracy.

Also we have found simple slogans work even though the parties/power base behind them may well be dodgy...get Brexit done, MAGA etc

Well I answered you not LWG but of the people who voted Brexit was the majority vote and for Orban (and bearing in mind I don't know how their system works) did he get more votes than any other candidate?
In many democracies, if you add together all the people who didn't vote for something and that was how it was decided, nothing would ever change, we'd stagnate just as we did with the brexit impasse in Westminster until Bojo got his win.
What Orban is doing might not be populism anyway unless a majority of the Hungarians agree with it, it could be called a fascist grab for power. I don't know because I don't know the situation there. Do the majority support what Orban is doing?

Johnson on 14:57 - Apr 10 with 749 viewsDJack

Johnson on 14:33 - Apr 10 by Catullus

Well I answered you not LWG but of the people who voted Brexit was the majority vote and for Orban (and bearing in mind I don't know how their system works) did he get more votes than any other candidate?
In many democracies, if you add together all the people who didn't vote for something and that was how it was decided, nothing would ever change, we'd stagnate just as we did with the brexit impasse in Westminster until Bojo got his win.
What Orban is doing might not be populism anyway unless a majority of the Hungarians agree with it, it could be called a fascist grab for power. I don't know because I don't know the situation there. Do the majority support what Orban is doing?

Orban and the others probably aren't actually "populists per se they just utilise populist tropes to ascend to power.

"Orban is doing might not be populism anyway unless a majority of the Hungarians agree with it"

Once again you are conflating populism with the majority. No matter what information is presented yo you you still revert to the same flawed (sometimes dis-proven) thinking - for that reason I will no longer respond to you on this topic.

Johnson on 15:39 - Apr 10 with 722 viewsCatullus

Johnson on 14:57 - Apr 10 by DJack

Orban and the others probably aren't actually "populists per se they just utilise populist tropes to ascend to power.

"Orban is doing might not be populism anyway unless a majority of the Hungarians agree with it"

Once again you are conflating populism with the majority. No matter what information is presented yo you you still revert to the same flawed (sometimes dis-proven) thinking - for that reason I will no longer respond to you on this topic.

OK, we can agree to disagree but as with all other things it's only a different opinion. The definition of populism..the ordinary people against the elites suggests it could be the majority.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/dec/03/what-is-populism-trump-farage-orban

So maybe populists are the largest individual group? But if experts/analysts and professionals cannot agree what populism is how is any opinion flawed or disproven. All that says is that you believe you are right and I am wrong. Myself, I'd just call it my opinion and move on.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024