Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brendan Rodgers 13:33 - Dec 30 with 11084 viewspremierjack

Apparently we are in negotiations with him and Liverpool to try and sort a deal out. If he becomes our manager it will effect his pay form then so a deal is trying to be made!

Not sure how I feel about it... Wonder if he could bring any Liverpool players with him to help us this season
Brendan Rodgers on 13:35 - Dec 30 with 6451 viewsOldjack

Our Joe would be a good start

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Brendan Rodgers on 13:37 - Dec 30 with 6419 viewsLoyal

I'm not sure why we don't employ him and then let him sort it out, they get paid enough.

I also know that it is illegal to restrain someone's trade by contract so this story of negotiations with Liverpool sounds off the mark.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Brendan Rodgers on 13:39 - Dec 30 with 6381 viewsMrSwerve

I'm sick of all of these 'apparently' and 'I've heard that' threads about potential managers. State your source or don't bother.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Brendan Rodgers on 13:42 - Dec 30 with 6355 viewsAngelRangelQS

Brendan Rodgers on 13:37 - Dec 30 by Loyal

I'm not sure why we don't employ him and then let him sort it out, they get paid enough.

I also know that it is illegal to restrain someone's trade by contract so this story of negotiations with Liverpool sounds off the mark.

Restrictive covenants are very common and if this is true Brendan would have signed his agreement to it when he took over or signed his last contract there.

Liverpool are reasonably protecting their interests
Brendan Rodgers on 13:48 - Dec 30 with 6283 viewspremierjack

Liverpool have to pay him until the end of the season so he won't sign anything with us because his payments from them will stop, not sure how much but I'm assuming he was a a decent wage!
Brendan Rodgers on 13:48 - Dec 30 with 6272 viewsTheFranchise

If he can bring Joe home, it'd be worth it. It's shown recently that Leon is vital to our tempo and Joe learnt from the master.
Brendan Rodgers on 13:49 - Dec 30 with 6262 viewsLoyal

Brendan Rodgers on 13:42 - Dec 30 by AngelRangelQS

Restrictive covenants are very common and if this is true Brendan would have signed his agreement to it when he took over or signed his last contract there.

Liverpool are reasonably protecting their interests

These contractual matters have never been appropriately challenged IMO.
I'm not sure who they are protecting after sacking him, any legal person representing BR would have amended that part as they have nothing to protect after sacking him. I get it if he was headhunted by another club, but sacking him would null and void this part ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Brendan Rodgers on 13:51 - Dec 30 with 6238 viewsTheFranchise

Brendan Rodgers on 13:49 - Dec 30 by Loyal

I'm not sure who they are protecting after sacking him, any legal person representing BR would have amended that part as they have nothing to protect after sacking him. I get it if he was headhunted by another club, but sacking him would null and void this part ?

He's probably still getting paid more than what we can offer.
Login to get fewer ads

Brendan Rodgers on 13:54 - Dec 30 with 6206 viewsjojaca

According do my sources, I am having curry for tea.

Even when you know, you never know?

Brendan Rodgers on 13:56 - Dec 30 with 6169 viewspencoedjack

I hope to fuk we don't have Rodgers back.
Brendan Rodgers on 13:56 - Dec 30 with 6157 viewsLoyal

This all smells rather fishy, which isn't my favourite curry.

BTW if correctly stored today is the last day to use up your Xmas day turkey leftovers - that is if you don't want to die in a scene of mass bottom spurting and diaroeha the colour of our away kit 1997.

Brendan Rodgers on 13:57 - Dec 30 with 6144 viewsAngelRangelQS

They have been challenged and found to be fine providing they are reasonable.

I suppose they will be protecting things like transfer targets, a potential 3 or 6 points against his new team (tactical knowledge, set piece knowledge etc), poaching staff, maybe relationships with external scouts or agents.

It also continues beyond the end of the contract. Certainly won't be an issue between 3-6 months and probably not up to 12 either.

If he is headhunted then compensation is payable which I assume covers buying the manager out of the covenants as they can be varied by agreement.
Brendan Rodgers on 13:59 - Dec 30 with 6125 viewssnork44

Brendan Rodgers on 13:56 - Dec 30 by pencoedjack

I hope to fuk we don't have Rodgers back.

If we get get Brendan if will be an outstanding piece of business !!

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Brendan Rodgers on 14:06 - Dec 30 with 6062 viewsJack_Jackson

Brendan Rodgers on 13:59 - Dec 30 by snork44

If we get get Brendan if will be an outstanding piece of business !!

So if we pay Liverpool £10m for Brendan that will be an "outstanding piece of business !!" ?

If Carlsberg made Swans fans...

Brendan Rodgers on 14:11 - Dec 30 with 6008 viewsTom1912

Brendan Rodgers on 14:06 - Dec 30 by Jack_Jackson

So if we pay Liverpool £10m for Brendan that will be an "outstanding piece of business !!" ?

Er of course not, but that's not going to happen
Brendan Rodgers on 14:13 - Dec 30 with 5982 viewsperchrockjack

So ,after interviewing a variety of candidates ,the best option is a former manager.

NOT GOOD REALLY ,IS IT

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Brendan Rodgers on 14:14 - Dec 30 with 5969 viewsacejack3065

I'm sorry but I just can't see this happening anytime soon. He's not coming back.
Brendan Rodgers on 14:18 - Dec 30 with 5936 viewsTheFranchise

Brendan Rodgers on 14:13 - Dec 30 by perchrockjack

So ,after interviewing a variety of candidates ,the best option is a former manager.

NOT GOOD REALLY ,IS IT

What if he is the best option though? Would we go for someone worse just because we want to avoid an ex manager?
Brendan Rodgers on 14:20 - Dec 30 with 5919 viewsMattG

Brendan Rodgers on 14:13 - Dec 30 by perchrockjack

NOT GOOD REALLY ,IS IT

Surely if he's the BEST option then it actually IS good, no?

No idea who has been approached / interviewed nor any of the reasons why (or even if) they turned us down (or vice versa) but still complaining. Sheesh.
Brendan Rodgers on 14:25 - Dec 30 with 5863 viewspremierjack

Brendan Rodgers on 13:57 - Dec 30 by AngelRangelQS

They have been challenged and found to be fine providing they are reasonable.

I suppose they will be protecting things like transfer targets, a potential 3 or 6 points against his new team (tactical knowledge, set piece knowledge etc), poaching staff, maybe relationships with external scouts or agents.

It also continues beyond the end of the contract. Certainly won't be an issue between 3-6 months and probably not up to 12 either.

If he is headhunted then compensation is payable which I assume covers buying the manager out of the covenants as they can be varied by agreement.

I don't think Liverpool are protecting themselves or stop him working, BR is free to go wherever he wants BUT his Liverpool wages will stop and he obviously doesn't want that
Brendan Rodgers on 14:36 - Dec 30 with 5779 viewsDyfnant

Brendan Rodgers on 14:25 - Dec 30 by premierjack

I don't think Liverpool are protecting themselves or stop him working, BR is free to go wherever he wants BUT his Liverpool wages will stop and he obviously doesn't want that

He will likely be receiving his normal wage monthly from Liverpool at the moment. Liverpool will be obliged to make up any shortfall in any deal we offer him. Any bonuses due from them will be a different matter

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Brendan Rodgers on 14:39 - Dec 30 with 5730 viewsperchrockjack

MATT
My view is its never good to go back in life. We did it with Tosh and ended in tears.
CURT has said himself we need something different. Rodgers isn't.
sheesh

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Brendan Rodgers on 14:47 - Dec 30 with 5677 viewsAngelRangelQS

Brendan Rodgers on 14:39 - Dec 30 by perchrockjack

MATT
My view is its never good to go back in life. We did it with Tosh and ended in tears.
sheesh

There are a lot of examples of managers who have gone back and done well.

Personally I think Rodgers is the best and least risky candidate of the lot
Brendan Rodgers on 14:54 - Dec 30 with 5614 viewsMattG

Brendan Rodgers on 14:39 - Dec 30 by perchrockjack

MATT
sheesh

Rodgers is someone different from Curtis, Monk and Laudrup. However, he knows the Club and some of the players which gives him a head start. Any manager would be a gamble but I would say that this one has better odds than many of the others.

Who, of those potentially still in the frame, would you suggest represents a safer bet than Rodgers?
Brendan Rodgers on 14:59 - Dec 30 with 5566 viewsThornburyswan

Personally I'd be up for Bren coming in to work with Curt until the end of the season as it would, by far, be the least disruptive option - all parties could then review their positions based on how things turn out & any other options all parties have.

Might just suit everyone & with Rodgers Chelsea & Liverpool links might just get us a player or two on loan e.g. Remy, Bamford, Ibe, Origi etc
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024