Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brendan Rodgers 13:33 - Dec 30 with 11112 viewspremierjack

Apparently we are in negotiations with him and Liverpool to try and sort a deal out. If he becomes our manager it will effect his pay form then so a deal is trying to be made!

Not sure how I feel about it... Wonder if he could bring any Liverpool players with him to help us this season
Brendan Rodgers on 15:13 - Dec 30 with 3172 viewsDafyddHuw

Brendan Rodgers on 13:35 - Dec 30 by Oldjack

Our Joe would be a good start

Yeah, cos we're very hard up for midfielders.
Brendan Rodgers on 15:21 - Dec 30 with 3133 viewsjamieswan78

He would have as good a chance as any manager does of keeping us up, he would also make us more appealing to a lot of potential signings or loan deals.

He's a decent premier league manager, he's not at Ferguson or mournino's level, more a Martinez, Moyes, work with a limited budget and finish mid table sort.
Brendan Rodgers on 15:39 - Dec 30 with 3026 viewsItchySphincter

Brendan Rodgers on 13:39 - Dec 30 by MrSwerve

I'm sick of all of these 'apparently' and 'I've heard that' threads about potential managers. State your source or don't bother.

Some people really do know people within the club you know and you can't expect them to come out and drop anyone in it. If you don't like it you know what to do.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Brendan Rodgers on 15:44 - Dec 30 with 3001 viewsQuakerJack

Brendan Rodgers on 13:48 - Dec 30 by premierjack

Liverpool have to pay him until the end of the season so he won't sign anything with us because his payments from them will stop, not sure how much but I'm assuming he was a a decent wage!

I read something on here about it being early January before he can work again without foregoing his money.

Hope he does come, I've got 20 notes on it...

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Brendan Rodgers on 16:03 - Dec 30 with 2901 viewsAngelRangelQS

Brendan Rodgers on 15:39 - Dec 30 by ItchySphincter

Some people really do know people within the club you know and you can't expect them to come out and drop anyone in it. If you don't like it you know what to do.

Exactly.

I don't know what people expect.
Brendan Rodgers on 17:14 - Dec 30 with 2706 viewsBarryTownSwam

Brendan Rodgers on 14:39 - Dec 30 by perchrockjack

MATT
My view is its never good to go back in life. We did it with Tosh and ended in tears.
CURT has said himself we need something different. Rodgers isn't.
sheesh

Rodgers will be different as the vast majority of current players weren't with the Swans when Rodgers was our manager. And those few players who were a Swan under Rodgers are probably delighted he may be coming back.
Brendan Rodgers on 17:18 - Dec 30 with 2683 viewssomersetsimon

Brendan Rodgers on 17:14 - Dec 30 by BarryTownSwam

Rodgers will be different as the vast majority of current players weren't with the Swans when Rodgers was our manager. And those few players who were a Swan under Rodgers are probably delighted he may be coming back.

What was the relationship like between Rodgers and Jenkins regarding transfers? If Rodgers does come in, will he be happy with any new players that Jenkins picks up before he arrives?
Brendan Rodgers on 17:30 - Dec 30 with 2601 viewspremierjack

Brendan Rodgers on 17:18 - Dec 30 by somersetsimon

What was the relationship like between Rodgers and Jenkins regarding transfers? If Rodgers does come in, will he be happy with any new players that Jenkins picks up before he arrives?

If he is coming back, I'm sure he would have told Jenkins who to go and get for him before he is allowed to announce his return.

If this is true, I'm sure HJ and BR are in contact everyday
Login to get fewer ads

Brendan Rodgers on 17:31 - Dec 30 with 2592 viewsClinton

Whether or not we want him, it seems to me it would be a huge risk for Rodgers. As it stands he is en ex 'big club' manager and they werent doing too bad when he was sacked. OK they were stodgy but the league position wasnt disastrous. On this basis, his next job would probably be abroad on a really fat salary. Say China or Turkey or something.
If he comes to us and gets relegated, which we all know is possible, he would not get another decent job for years when he leaves us.
My conclusion; from Brendan's perspective it would be a high risk strategy and in his own best interests, he will not want it.
Happy to be proved wrong

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Brendan Rodgers on 17:31 - Dec 30 with 2592 viewsBarryTownSwam

Brendan Rodgers on 17:18 - Dec 30 by somersetsimon

Or has Brendon already distributed his transfer list for Huw & his team to work on ?
Brendan Rodgers on 17:34 - Dec 30 with 2562 viewsmonmouth

I would be absolutely astonished if Rodgers comes back, unless it is purely as a stop gap, which might work for bothe. Even then it's a massive risk for both. He takes us down, his career is f*cked. He needs to go abroad and win something, orgo and succeed at a 'big' media club like Newcastle.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Brendan Rodgers on 17:40 - Dec 30 with 2531 viewsDr_Winston

Brendan Rodgers on 17:34 - Dec 30 by monmouth

I would be absolutely astonished if Rodgers comes back, unless it is purely as a stop gap, which might work for bothe. Even then it's a massive risk for both. He takes us down, his career is f*cked. He needs to go abroad and win something, orgo and succeed at a 'big' media club like Newcastle.

I'm starting to think that it's the most likely scenario to be honest.

If Rodgers wants to rebuild his reputation, then revitalising the team where he made it in the first place would be the logical destination for him. Plus I can see the appeal for Huwbert in appointing someone he already knows is capable and who he has a decent working relationship with.

Must be a reason why we're taking so long over appointing someone too. A clause like that which has been suggested makes perfect sense.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Brendan Rodgers on 17:46 - Dec 30 with 2482 viewsRevJames

Brendan Rodgers on 17:34 - Dec 30 by monmouth

As many have said previously, we have the players to be in a better position than we are at present so I don't buy the "if he takes us down" line.

If the PLAYERS pull their finger out, build on the last 3 performances and find someone to put the ball in the net, we can be good enough again to survive.
Brendan Rodgers on 17:52 - Dec 30 with 2447 viewsmonmouth

Brendan Rodgers on 17:40 - Dec 30 by Dr_Winston

I'm starting to think that it's the most likely scenario to be honest.

If Rodgers wants to rebuild his reputation, then revitalising the team where he made it in the first place would be the logical destination for him. Plus I can see the appeal for Huwbert in appointing someone he already knows is capable and who he has a decent working relationship with.

Must be a reason why we're taking so long over appointing someone too. A clause like that which has been suggested makes perfect sense.

Something must surely be brewing as it's gone so quiet. I would still be amazed, which doesn't mean it won't happen. I just don't see that Rodgers gains anything even if he makes a real success of it. He's done it beforewith us, and finishing second with Pool was a much bigger achievement anyway. If anything he gets even more strongly pigeonholed as a small club johnny. Unless he wants to make a Pullis career as a 'relegation saver'. Personally, I'll just be glad to get a manager in now. Curt is starting to look both pained and painful.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Brendan Rodgers on 17:56 - Dec 30 with 2429 viewsmax936

I'm really not sure how I feel about the possibility of Brendan coming back, can he get us out of this bit of a hole we're in, when Liverpool where up against it, he couldn't revitalise them, I enjoyed watching us play when he was here and was sorry to see him go, but he did have his downside moments here, where we were guilty of overplaying it on times, without troubling the opo's keeper, don't think we can afford to do that from here on in.

Interesting one though.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Brendan Rodgers on 17:57 - Dec 30 with 2348 viewsAyewSerious

In my opinion even if this was a faint possibility then I highly doubt he could be backed at 33-1 as you currently can
Brendan Rodgers on 17:59 - Dec 30 with 2328 viewsDr_Winston

Brendan Rodgers on 17:52 - Dec 30 by monmouth

Something must surely be brewing as it's gone so quiet. I would still be amazed, which doesn't mean it won't happen. I just don't see that Rodgers gains anything even if he makes a real success of it. He's done it beforewith us, and finishing second with Pool was a much bigger achievement anyway. If anything he gets even more strongly pigeonholed as a small club johnny. Unless he wants to make a Pullis career as a 'relegation saver'. Personally, I'll just be glad to get a manager in now. Curt is starting to look both pained and painful.

He's not likely to be offered one of the biggest club posts any time soon. A Newcastle or a Villa might be an option, but as they tend to lurch from one crisis to another anyway he may feel that he'd be taking on a job where his chances of failure are that much higher regardless of his ability.

Taking over a fairly stable, if underperforming, team with a chairman he knows and respects with the promise of decent funds come the summer to put his own stamp on proceedings might well appeal to him.

It may not happen. It might not even be a consideration for either party, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Brendan Rodgers on 20:24 - Dec 30 with 2062 viewsRockAndBaconRoll

In terms of his contract and the liverpool angle, he might well still be, technically, a Liverpool employee, on garden leave.

I understand some clubs do this, particularly if they have several years left on their contract.

The reason being, if they have, say 3 years left on their contract, the manager will want 3 years pay after being 'let go' because thats how much they are contractually still entitled to. However, if they are instead placed on garden leave and not fired, and keep having a monthly wage, and another club want to hire them during that time, he would need to resign from the club he is still technically employed by, and that club would then save a fortune on his wages as they obviously wouldn't need to pay it (along with any loyalty bonus etc) if he leaves by his own accord.

I think I remember reading that Di Matteo had something like this in place with Chelsea which is why he didn't take a new job for about 18 months after they fired him - because for 18 months, he was receiving his regular Chelsea manager pay.

So for some managers, particularly those let go not far into new contracts from big clubs, it pays to sit at home and not work until the contracts up.

Hell of a racket if you get the work.......

Swansea might be negotiating with Liverpool in a case like this.

By the way, I have no sources, I've never seen a football managers contract, but this is general UK employment law for most normal jobs.
Brendan Rodgers on 20:37 - Dec 30 with 2021 viewsvetchonian

It's all a bluff to cover up the negotiations for Laudrups return

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Brendan Rodgers on 21:19 - Dec 30 with 1929 viewsMrSwerve

Brendan Rodgers on 15:39 - Dec 30 by ItchySphincter

There's at least 5 threads each week talking about info from people 'itk' and linked with the club.

Bielsa was a completed signing last week…talk about gullible.

If you believe all that, 'you know what to do'.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Brendan Rodgers on 21:41 - Dec 30 with 1846 viewsItchySphincter

Brendan Rodgers on 21:19 - Dec 30 by MrSwerve

There's at least 5 threads each week talking about info from people 'itk' and linked with the club.

Bielsa was a completed signing last week…talk about gullible.

If you believe all that, 'you know what to do'.

I never got on board with any of the Biesla stuff so I don't know what you're on about. I've only ever mentioned one name and I've stuck by it.

Sounds like you're just being bad tempered to me. Post Christmas blues bah humbug? Go for a walk.

Brendan Rodgers on 21:47 - Dec 30 with 1814 viewsMrSwerve

Brendan Rodgers on 21:41 - Dec 30 by ItchySphincter

I never got on board with any of the Biesla stuff so I don't know what you're on about. I've only ever mentioned one name and I've stuck by it.

Sounds like you're just being bad tempered to me. Post Christmas blues bah humbug? Go for a walk.

You were the one who brought in the personal jibe. Nothing to do with what I said.

Have a pleasant eve.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Brendan Rodgers on 22:08 - Dec 30 with 1743 viewsItchySphincter

Brendan Rodgers on 21:47 - Dec 30 by MrSwerve

You were the one who brought in the personal jibe. Nothing to do with what I said.

Have a pleasant eve.

I haven't said anything personal, nor have I had a go. Have a nice evening yourself.

Brendan Rodgers on 22:12 - Dec 30 with 1716 viewsAngelRangelQS

Brendan Rodgers on 17:31 - Dec 30 by Clinton

Whether or not we want him, it seems to me it would be a huge risk for Rodgers. As it stands he is en ex 'big club' manager and they werent doing too bad when he was sacked. OK they were stodgy but the league position wasnt disastrous. On this basis, his next job would probably be abroad on a really fat salary. Say China or Turkey or something.
If he comes to us and gets relegated, which we all know is possible, he would not get another decent job for years when he leaves us.
My conclusion; from Brendan's perspective it would be a high risk strategy and in his own best interests, he will not want it.
Happy to be proved wrong

I don't know how going somewhere like turkey or China will do anything to help BR get a decent job again.

Keeping us up on the other hand with a bit of PR...
Brendan Rodgers on 22:21 - Dec 30 with 1672 viewsStarsky

Brendan Rodgers on 14:13 - Dec 30 by perchrockjack

So ,after interviewing a variety of candidates ,the best option is a former manager.

NOT GOOD REALLY ,IS IT

How would you feel if he was appointed as our new manager?

It's just the internet, init.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024