Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brendan Rodgers 13:33 - Dec 30 with 11113 viewspremierjack

Apparently we are in negotiations with him and Liverpool to try and sort a deal out. If he becomes our manager it will effect his pay form then so a deal is trying to be made!

Not sure how I feel about it... Wonder if he could bring any Liverpool players with him to help us this season
Brendan Rodgers on 15:15 - Dec 31 with 1542 viewskarnataka

Brendan Rodgers on 17:52 - Dec 30 by monmouth

Something must surely be brewing as it's gone so quiet. I would still be amazed, which doesn't mean it won't happen. I just don't see that Rodgers gains anything even if he makes a real success of it. He's done it beforewith us, and finishing second with Pool was a much bigger achievement anyway. If anything he gets even more strongly pigeonholed as a small club johnny. Unless he wants to make a Pullis career as a 'relegation saver'. Personally, I'll just be glad to get a manager in now. Curt is starting to look both pained and painful.

A football manager is only as good as his last job and he was sacked from that one so his reputation is in limbo. Take the job until May, get us up to mid-table or at least safe with 4-5 games to go and his reputation would be restored to an extent so I am beginning to see this as a likely scenario the longer this silence goes on and TBH, there are surely plenty of worse options as you know what you're getting.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2015 15:17]
Brendan Rodgers on 15:20 - Dec 31 with 1508 viewsStarsky

Brendan Rodgers on 21:19 - Dec 30 by MrSwerve

There's at least 5 threads each week talking about info from people 'itk' and linked with the club.

Bielsa was a completed signing last week…talk about gullible.

If you believe all that, 'you know what to do'.

It's a football forum not the boardroom.
What you're asking is unrealistic FFS.

It's just the internet, init.

Brendan Rodgers on 16:36 - Dec 31 with 1355 viewsMattG

What a return to us would offer Rodgers is the opportunity to prove himself again. There are plenty (myself included) willing to pin Liverpool's 2nd place under him on the rare combination of Suarez and Sturridge rather than any particular brilliance on the managerial side so he still (IMO) has plenty to prove.

To get the chance to do that back at a place he feels comfortable and with a Chairman, Board, staff and even some players that he knows is a rare thing.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him back at all.
Brendan Rodgers on 16:55 - Dec 31 with 1238 viewsQuakerJack

My only reservation is that under Brendan we played we played possession based football with no cutting edge... This is exactly how we're playing now... We need something more... May as well leave Curt in charge

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Brendan Rodgers on 16:58 - Dec 31 with 1211 viewsThornburyswan

Brendan Rodgers on 16:55 - Dec 31 by QuakerJack

My only reservation is that under Brendan we played we played possession based football with no cutting edge... This is exactly how we're playing now... We need something more... May as well leave Curt in charge

True but hopefully he learnt something at Liverpool & has much better contacts than Curt's for the Jan window.
Brendan Rodgers on 16:59 - Dec 31 with 1202 viewsSgorioFruit

Brendan Rodgers on 15:15 - Dec 31 by karnataka

A football manager is only as good as his last job and he was sacked from that one so his reputation is in limbo. Take the job until May, get us up to mid-table or at least safe with 4-5 games to go and his reputation would be restored to an extent so I am beginning to see this as a likely scenario the longer this silence goes on and TBH, there are surely plenty of worse options as you know what you're getting.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2015 15:17]

i agree, get Brendan in

shall he come back and get us relegated then that will be him done and finished hung drawn quartered curtains for tea no more managing in the top 3 leagues

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024