Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Petrol queues. 13:36 - Sep 25 with 28975 viewsSnipper

Bloody big queue at the petrol station today.

When will these tossers learn that it’s the media scaremongering?

Anyway, nearly 2 hours in a queue, and I didn’t even want any bloody petrol. I only wanted this months version of Razzle and a packet of tissues.

That’s me sorted for the weekend. 😜😜
Petrol queues. on 20:49 - Sep 25 with 2404 viewsRanger_Things

No fuel or Co2 shortages in Northern Ireland.
Petrol queues. on 20:51 - Sep 25 with 2408 viewskensalriser

Petrol queues. on 20:49 - Sep 25 by Ranger_Things

Yeah. Now I wonder why that could be?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Petrol queues. on 20:55 - Sep 25 with 2384 viewskensalriser

Petrol queues. on 19:40 - Sep 25 by collegeranger

Looks like a leak from an internal BP memo saying that due to driver sickness and lack of agency drivers " a few service stations" would face a delay of 24 hours for delivery! Next thing BBC get hold of it and its the lead story on Thursday's lunchtime news with a BP spoke person asked if the some service stations "could" run out of fuel? The response was "its possible". Next thing mass wa nkery to get fuel!
BBC have form for this at the start of the pandemic when they reported that Australia was running short of toilet paper ! That sparked the bog roll wa nkery!

I truly hope that parliament looks at these and X-bench enquiry happens as this isn't about curbing freedom of speech its sensationalising and about the lefty BBC editors stirring sh1t up to have a go at the government by deliberately creating a panic - disgraceful.

...and you've got The Clash as your avatar. Lol!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Petrol queues. on 21:05 - Sep 25 with 2359 viewsWatfordR

Petrol queues. on 20:49 - Sep 25 by Ranger_Things

Remind me, are Northern Ireland still part of the EU?

No fuel or CO2 shortages in the South either.
Petrol queues. on 21:54 - Sep 25 with 2234 viewsRangersDave

Petrol queues. on 14:17 - Sep 25 by PinnerPaul

I don't think I've ever heard of lorry drivers complaining they don't don't earn a 'proper living wage'

interestingly i'm era ing a daily wage equal to (give or take pence, not pounds) as i did in 2003!

All european drivers did was work for less,thus undercutting the then drivers income and effectively surpressing wages up until now.

i'm seeing jobs in Costco offering the same basic as me, plus fuel costs for getting to and from work, plus a costco card.

when i go out i amr responsible for roughly £300k of truck and trailer each time but get no extra for that, no thank you, but stupid hours and treated like shyte.

Around 80k drivers with a valid licence at the moment that wont drive because of the crap wages, and i cannot blame them one bit!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Petrol queues. on 21:57 - Sep 25 with 2220 viewsRanger_Things

Petrol queues. on 20:51 - Sep 25 by kensalriser

Yeah. Now I wonder why that could be?

It's because the Northern Irish don't watch the BBC. Obviously.
Petrol queues. on 22:29 - Sep 25 with 2165 viewsBklynRanger

My mum's in Antrim and was talking yesterday about long queues at the petrol station. No idea it's it's greater or less than over here but is happening it seems.
Petrol queues. on 22:33 - Sep 25 with 2150 viewsBoston

Petrol queues. on 20:13 - Sep 25 by Watford_Ranger

Plenty of large right wing media outlets excitedly reporting shortages but yeah evil leftie BBC undermining our hardworking government.

Yeah, but you wouldn’t be underwriting those large right wing media outlets .

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Petrol queues. on 22:38 - Sep 25 with 2131 viewsted_hendrix

From the beeb.

Some 10,500 lorry drivers and poultry workers are to receive temporary UK visas as the government seeks to limit disruption in the run-up to Christmas.

The government confirmed that 5,000 foreign drivers will be eligible to work in the UK for three months, until Christmas Eve.

That's nice, on Christmas eve they have to f uck off again.
Maybe I'll get a turkey after all.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Petrol queues. on 22:38 - Sep 25 with 2129 viewscolinallcars

Petrol queues. on 18:29 - Sep 25 by Boston

If you’re not aware, we have a shortfall of truck drivers here in the US and it’s growing bigger every day. There are continual ‘end of the world’ type warnings from those in the industry concerning distribution problems because the age of the average person with their pedal to the metal is late fifties.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2021 18:30]

I didn't know that but should have done as I gather there is a shortage of drivers all over. The EU are not best pleased that we are issuing 5000 visas to enable European drivers to come here.
As for the states, I guess I had visions of crusty ol' truckers poppin' three bennies, jumpin' in their jimmies and heading for the truckstop at the end of the world.
Sorry, too much to drink and too much listening to trucker songs.
Petrol queues. on 22:46 - Sep 25 with 2112 viewscolinallcars

Petrol queues. on 00:11 - Sep 26 with 2016 viewsLoftgirl

Petrol queues. on 16:12 - Sep 25 by colinallcars

And of course it doesn't have the glamour of American trucking - haulin' ass outa Dallas with the hammer down and ol' smoky on your tail.

And being able to say '10-4' all the time.
Petrol queues. on 00:14 - Sep 26 with 2014 viewsPaddyhoops

Problem is when you get the Daily mail running headlines like "running on empty" its hardly surprising when the bellends start panicking.
I get some people have to fill up but there is no shortage of petrol , just drivers.
A tiny percentage of stations have closed as result of lack of deliveries.
On my way into London from watford for work this morning. Huge queues of cars were lining up for petrol at 6 in the morning. Yes 6.
This great country is turning into a shambolic embarrassment. Sad ...very sad!!
Petrol queues. on 00:18 - Sep 26 with 2007 viewsPaddyhoops

In fairness for balance. The BBC haven't helped either.
Petrol queues. on 00:26 - Sep 26 with 1991 viewsBoston

Petrol queues. on 00:18 - Sep 26 by Paddyhoops

In fairness for balance. The BBC haven't helped either.

In fairness…all are guilty, we just need to decide of what crime, Kafka?

Petrol queues. on 00:53 - Sep 26 with 1957 viewsBoston

Petrol queues. on 22:38 - Sep 25 by colinallcars

I didn't know that but should have done as I gather there is a shortage of drivers all over. The EU are not best pleased that we are issuing 5000 visas to enable European drivers to come here.
As for the states, I guess I had visions of crusty ol' truckers poppin' three bennies, jumpin' in their jimmies and heading for the truckstop at the end of the world.
Sorry, too much to drink and too much listening to trucker songs.

But that's exactly how I think of them

Petrol queues. on 09:08 - Sep 26 with 1768 views1MoreBrightonR

One news paper on Friday, which I'd consider one of the more respectable/sensible ones, had the headline "Ten days to save Christmas". Completely unhelpful and likely to cause panic.
Petrol queues. on 09:17 - Sep 26 with 1735 viewsgazza1

Madness....but typical how individuals behave nowadays.

PS - I've got 449 miles left in my tank.
Petrol queues. on 09:22 - Sep 26 with 1731 viewsPlanetHonneywood

My mum’s neighbour powers his car from an electric power point attached to his house. Plugs it in once during the week; charges it overnight and he’s good for the rest of the week. £5 per charge and the government provides a grant for the charging unit.

Just saying…

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Petrol queues. on 09:46 - Sep 26 with 1698 viewsbollockchops

Petrol queues. on 00:26 - Sep 26 by Boston

In fairness…all are guilty, we just need to decide of what crime, Kafka?

Kafka didnt he play for Chelsea ?
Petrol queues. on 10:08 - Sep 26 with 1650 viewsSuperhoop83

Petrol queues. on 00:14 - Sep 26 by Paddyhoops

Problem is when you get the Daily mail running headlines like "running on empty" its hardly surprising when the bellends start panicking.
I get some people have to fill up but there is no shortage of petrol , just drivers.
A tiny percentage of stations have closed as result of lack of deliveries.
On my way into London from watford for work this morning. Huge queues of cars were lining up for petrol at 6 in the morning. Yes 6.
This great country is turning into a shambolic embarrassment. Sad ...very sad!!

Good post.

And I bet a huge proportion of those queueing for petrol unnecessarily are Daily Mail readers.

Suffering since 1978.

Petrol queues. on 10:12 - Sep 26 with 1643 viewsEsox_Lucius

Petrol queues. on 19:40 - Sep 25 by collegeranger

Looks like a leak from an internal BP memo saying that due to driver sickness and lack of agency drivers " a few service stations" would face a delay of 24 hours for delivery! Next thing BBC get hold of it and its the lead story on Thursday's lunchtime news with a BP spoke person asked if the some service stations "could" run out of fuel? The response was "its possible". Next thing mass wa nkery to get fuel!
BBC have form for this at the start of the pandemic when they reported that Australia was running short of toilet paper ! That sparked the bog roll wa nkery!

I truly hope that parliament looks at these and X-bench enquiry happens as this isn't about curbing freedom of speech its sensationalising and about the lefty BBC editors stirring sh1t up to have a go at the government by deliberately creating a panic - disgraceful.

"lefty BBC editors stirring sh1t up to have a go at the government".
The leadership and upper structure of the BBC is now hand picked by the government.

The grass is always greener.

Petrol queues. on 10:36 - Sep 26 with 1613 viewsdistortR

Petrol queues. on 09:22 - Sep 26 by PlanetHonneywood

My mum’s neighbour powers his car from an electric power point attached to his house. Plugs it in once during the week; charges it overnight and he’s good for the rest of the week. £5 per charge and the government provides a grant for the charging unit.

Just saying…

ok.
I haven't got thousands for a new car
I haven't got off-road parking, so running power cables across the pavement might be problematic
geopolitics and ethics in mining for cobalt and lithium?

My vote goes to a free and excellent public transport system.
Petrol queues. on 10:48 - Sep 26 with 1579 viewsMelakaRanger

Petrol queues. on 09:22 - Sep 26 by PlanetHonneywood

Just saying…

My EV charges at a cost of just 5p per kw. If I charge for 4 hours at night that puts about 25kws into the car. Thats a total cost of £1.25 and enough for about 100 miles of driving.

Repeat each night if and when required.

If you do about 8000 miles per year in your EV it need only cost you a total of about £8 per month in fuel cost. This tariff is available to all who have a SMETS2 smart meter.

Of course if you have solar at home it will cost you even less (between April and September I am able to fuel my EV totally free)

I suspect that current events will boost EV sales even further - despite the recent hikes in electricity costs
Petrol queues. on 10:50 - Sep 26 with 1577 viewsEsox_Lucius

Petrol queues. on 22:38 - Sep 25 by ted_hendrix

From the beeb.

Some 10,500 lorry drivers and poultry workers are to receive temporary UK visas as the government seeks to limit disruption in the run-up to Christmas.

The government confirmed that 5,000 foreign drivers will be eligible to work in the UK for three months, until Christmas Eve.

That's nice, on Christmas eve they have to f uck off again.
Maybe I'll get a turkey after all.

I hope they get zero take up on that shitty offer. Work you bollocks off for 12 hours day and then fück off at midnight Xmas Eve. It doesn't matter if you need to rest for 12 hours before heading back to your country, just GTFOOH.
Each passing day day, Project Fear looks more like a gross underestimation of the damage to be caused to the country.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024