Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lineker dropped from MOTD 16:54 - Mar 10 with 39990 viewsBushman

David Attenborough show kicked sideways to iPlayer

What times we live in

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 09:47 - Mar 13 with 2258 viewsMaggsinho

Looks like it's almost over.

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 09:49 - Mar 13 with 2243 viewsQPR_John

MOTD was good without the so called experts telling all about why a goal was scored or why a certain player should have done this or done that. However I did miss the replays of controversial incidents like red or yellow cards, VAR mistakes etc.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 09:54 - Mar 13 with 2229 viewsJamesB1979

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 09:33 - Mar 13 by Esox_Lucius

No, HSBC have now offered to buy the British arm of SVB.
https://news.sky.com/story/hsbc-buys-silicon-valley-bank-12832697#:~:text=The%20

You said “only a British owned one”. Not entirely an accurate statement. SVB is a US bank and impact will be felt more in US than here.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 10:02 - Mar 13 with 2196 viewsdaveB

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 09:49 - Mar 13 by QPR_John

MOTD was good without the so called experts telling all about why a goal was scored or why a certain player should have done this or done that. However I did miss the replays of controversial incidents like red or yellow cards, VAR mistakes etc.

I thought it was a bit weird, I prefer the normal version regardless of who hosts it
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 10:40 - Mar 13 with 2054 viewsterryb

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 10:37 - Mar 12 by Sakura

This and the 3 points yesterday has all been a jolly distraction from the bank run that starts at market open tomorrow

I assume that we're waiting for the banks to open in the US?

Share prices unsurprisingly are way down, but only to what they were two/three months ago, but I'm still awaiting news of these runs on the banks!
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 10:51 - Mar 13 with 2007 viewsEsox_Lucius

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 09:54 - Mar 13 by JamesB1979

You said “only a British owned one”. Not entirely an accurate statement. SVB is a US bank and impact will be felt more in US than here.

I went with glib and you went with pedantic. Comme ci, comme ça.

The grass is always greener.

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 11:14 - Mar 13 with 1909 viewsdaveB

So the end result was the BBC have to apologise and bring him back. What a waste of time that was.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 11:16 - Mar 13 with 1889 viewsCamberleyR

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 11:14 - Mar 13 by daveB

So the end result was the BBC have to apologise and bring him back. What a waste of time that was.

That'll get all the right wing blowhorns like Pierce, Malone et al frothing at the mouth.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2023 11:17]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 11:53 - Mar 13 with 1802 viewsWatfordR

They are lucky he wants to stay with them after all this, they could have been facing claims for reputational damage having suspended him incorrectly.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 12:45 - Mar 13 with 1680 viewsderbyhoop

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 07:56 - Mar 13 by Clive_Anderson

You learned not to engage, other than loudly claim something is misinformation and then slink off when it was shown you're once again talking crap. Truly rising above it all.

Anyway it looks like the BBC is going to cave over Lineker FFS, a man so odious his mere presence on the show immediately wipes half a million off the viewing figures.

For the FA Cup game they should show goals and action from earlier FA Cup rounds at half time. They could also show classic FA games and goals from the BBC archives , maybe even have some classic interviews from when the presenters weren't all out of touch, virtual signalling woke tosspots.

Presenters are all out of touch, virtue signalling, woke tosspots.
Despite yougov survey that said considerably more people supported (53%:27%) Lineker's stand than condemned it.

Outside BBC HQ is a statue of George Orwell and a quote from him
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear".
That applies to both sides.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 13:07 - Mar 13 with 1604 viewsnix

I don't know. I actually think it was worth it for the BBC to realise that they will also be criticised if they bend over backwards to be impartial if this means letting the Government off the hook. There are many viewers that are sick to death of them not holding the Government to account in the guise of impartiality and even handedness.

Fiona Bruce, for instance, will hopefully be a lot more careful about what she says going forward.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 13:29 - Mar 13 with 1529 viewsClive_Anderson

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 12:45 - Mar 13 by derbyhoop

Presenters are all out of touch, virtue signalling, woke tosspots.
Despite yougov survey that said considerably more people supported (53%:27%) Lineker's stand than condemned it.

Outside BBC HQ is a statue of George Orwell and a quote from him
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear".
That applies to both sides.

Yes he's so popular that half a million more tuned in as soon as his smug visage was off the box.

The problem is the double standards involved. Countless conservatives figures have been cancelled over the years for far less than calling the government a bunch of nazis, but as soon as it's a lefty tw@ts turn then all the stops are pulled out to get him reinstated and suddenly free speech is all that matters.

We both know that if a BBC presenter had called the Labour party a bunch of nazis or called for all illegal immigrants to be deported there's no way any of the people on here backing Lineker for "free speech" would be defending them.

Orwell wrote 1984 after working for the BBC which he absolutely hated. They've got a cheek sticking a statue of him up outside.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 13:39 - Mar 13 with 1497 viewsSonofpugwash

Bottled Broadcasting Corporation.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 13:56 - Mar 13 with 1461 viewsQPR_Jim

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 13:29 - Mar 13 by Clive_Anderson

Yes he's so popular that half a million more tuned in as soon as his smug visage was off the box.

The problem is the double standards involved. Countless conservatives figures have been cancelled over the years for far less than calling the government a bunch of nazis, but as soon as it's a lefty tw@ts turn then all the stops are pulled out to get him reinstated and suddenly free speech is all that matters.

We both know that if a BBC presenter had called the Labour party a bunch of nazis or called for all illegal immigrants to be deported there's no way any of the people on here backing Lineker for "free speech" would be defending them.

Orwell wrote 1984 after working for the BBC which he absolutely hated. They've got a cheek sticking a statue of him up outside.

I'm sure the viewing figures went up because Lineker wasn't there, nothing to do with the two days of free advertising the show got because it was leading the news or the novelty of having it with no pundits, just people previously refusing to watch the show because of Lineker's presence returning.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 13:58 - Mar 13 with 1448 viewsSonofpugwash

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 10:40 - Mar 13 by terryb

I assume that we're waiting for the banks to open in the US?

Share prices unsurprisingly are way down, but only to what they were two/three months ago, but I'm still awaiting news of these runs on the banks!

Am I the only one who noticed that Signature and SVB had a common faulty exposure - crytpo? and people are pointing at the Fed for the failure, while there are many banks who are not as exposed, and do not seem to be in trouble.

All the fake money was going to hurt someone at some point.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 14:02 - Mar 13 with 1426 viewsdaveB

who's been cancelled over the years?
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 14:03 - Mar 13 with 1427 viewsdmm

So it's "conservative figures" and "lefty tw@ts"...
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 14:03 - Mar 13 with 1426 viewsflynnbo

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 13:56 - Mar 13 by QPR_Jim

I'm sure the viewing figures went up because Lineker wasn't there, nothing to do with the two days of free advertising the show got because it was leading the news or the novelty of having it with no pundits, just people previously refusing to watch the show because of Lineker's presence returning.

I never watch it but tuned in to see what it was like.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 14:56 - Mar 13 with 1303 viewskensalriser

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 14:03 - Mar 13 by dmm

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 15:02 - Mar 13 with 1285 viewsBlackCrowe

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 11:53 - Mar 13 by WatfordR

They are lucky he wants to stay with them after all this, they could have been facing claims for reputational damage having suspended him incorrectly.

There's 1.4 million reasons he want to stay with them for a few hours a week work.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 15:03 - Mar 13 with 1282 viewsJuzzie

In this day and age of digital stuff, we should just be able to have a commentary 'layer' of the broadcast and press a button that mutes it . Still get pictures and sound but without the waffle.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 15:08 - Mar 13 with 1275 viewsJimmyR

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 14:02 - Mar 13 by daveB

I'll tell whos not been cancelled:

The BBC chairman who provided an 800k loan facility to the then prime minister to get the his job or in fact borris himself
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 15:08 - Mar 13 with 1275 viewsLoyalitat

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 14:03 - Mar 13 by dmm

"calling the govt a bunch of nazis", which he patently didn't do.

However, when the likes of Alternative fur Deutschland, Eric Zemmour (France) and Matteo Salvini (Italy) have all expressly stated their full support of the bill, it's hardly surprising that those advocates of the proposed bill in the UK are keen to distance themselves from the aforementioned by any means possible.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2023 15:28]
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 15:17 - Mar 13 with 1241 viewsWatford_Ranger

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 13:29 - Mar 13 by Clive_Anderson

It got good viewing figures because of the curiosity for it. People slow down to see a car crash. The output was amateurish and you can get better coverage online 20 minutes after the match so there’d be next to no demand for that so-called format as a regular occurrence.

Lineker’s tweet wasn’t inaccurate at all. He scares the sht out of the government and its many cheerleaders as he has a social conscience and can’t be cowed and they’ve been completely shown up for what they are. Ditto when they came for Rashford.
Lineker dropped from MOTD on 15:19 - Mar 13 with 1219 viewsClive_Anderson

Lineker dropped from MOTD on 14:02 - Mar 13 by daveB

Come on Dave, you're normally reasonable, you must be aware that people have lost their jobs, positions, titles etc. over the years for non-PC views.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024